Life's 2 short 4 bad thoughts

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
3343 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BoxMi Power BankMi KeyMi Portable WiFiMi BandMi WiFi RouterMIUI 2015MIUI 6I Love MIUIFlashholicFantastic!Awesome!MIUI Devices ContestMIUI 7MIUI 2016Mi 4iRedmi 2Mi Note ProMi PadRedmiXiaomi Mi 4Mi 2Rocket to FutureAtaturk MourningHappy Singles' DayRooster Year of 20172014 ChristmasThanksgiving DayMIUI Font LoverFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Diwali 1st AnniversaryMIUI Forum App300K Forum MembersMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Halloween3500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Bangladesh900K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasFan Of MIUI GermanyHilal Ramadan Fan Of MIUI India700K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From SingaporeHappy Valentine's Day600K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesFan Of  MIUI Azerbaijan1 Million Forum MembersHappy New YearFan of MIUI Myanmar500K Forum Members800K Forum MembersSummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamClass A Beta TeamMIUI Device TeamMIUI Beta Team VIPMIUI Photography GuruAndroid GuruMr. DependableMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Device ExpertStar Of  MIUI Beta TeamOTA FeedbackMIUI ExpertMIUI FollowerStar Of MIUI Device TeamMIUI Community VIPPioneer of MIUI English Forum Redmi Quiz MasterMi Bunny Game Master Mi TalentMIUI Twitter FollowerHumor MasterForum Contest LoverUpdates LoverMaster Of TechnologyMIUI Honorary ModeratorTechnology GuruDebate MasterMIUI FB FollowerAndroid ElfStar Of IconsMost Active MIUIerSuper ModeratorMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeDie-hard MIUI FanYouth PledgeMIUI Global Forum 2014Inbox ZeroTheme TalentScroll Of WisdomMr. Post the Most

[Tools, Tips & Tutorials] How to get native Root for Redmi 1S and how to UnRoot again

[ Promote]
1121930 33939 |
21:43, May-20-2014 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by AndroidFuchs at 21:33, Dec-22-2014

Summary:
This simple step-by-step guide is about activating the native (= built-in) root on Redmi 1S. This is achieved by flashing a zip file via recovery so that the su binary file gets installed, proper permissions are set and the MIUI stable version number NN.0 is appended to NN.0.1 so that the firmware behaves like a developer version and unlocks the stock root. Root can then be turned on like for developer versions with Security -> Permission -> Root permission.

This approach does NOT rely on a program like VRoot.exe running on your Windows computer (from which you never can be sure what else it could be doing); only one zip file is installed via the built-in recovery of Redmi 1S.

Furthermore I provide another file for unrooting again. This file reverts all the changes done by the other script. Of course it only works if you were rooted with the first approach; if you have used SuperSU or similar apps it probably won't work.

Caution:
  • This is a safe process, but I am not responsible for anything bad that happens to your phone
  • After installing root with this approach the system will not be notified about new OTA updates any longer
  • But you can upgrade the firmware either by following the steps for unrooting from below or by flashing the stable version again without wipe, after this the root is gone and you can updgrade to new firmware and most probably execute the root steps from above again

Prerequisites:
  • Redmi 1S with stable MIUI ROM
  • Developer options activated (in Settings -> About phone tap 5 times on Android version)
  • Stock MI-Recovery 2.0.1
  • update.zip file (attached, you need to reply to this thread to be able to download)
      Please reply to view this thread.
  • UnRootNative_Redmi1S.zip (attached, you need to reply to this thread to be able to download)
      Please reply to view this thread.

A. Steps for rooting:
  • Download the file update.zip to your PC (because download via browser on phone often is not working properly)
  • Connect your Redmi 1S via USB
  • Copy the file update.zip to the folder 'Computer\HM 1S\Internal storage' (root of internal storage, meaning the top most folder)
  • Disconnect your Redmi 1S properly from USB (use 'Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media' from USB icon in Windows SysTray)
  • Boot into Mi-Recovery (for this launch the Updater app, press the menu/options button and from the menu choose 'Reboot to recovery mode')
  • In the Mi-recovery select and confirm 'English' (or Chinese if you are capable to understand)
  • Select and confirm 'Install update.zip to System', this will take one second
  • Select and confirm 'Reboot'
  • After reboot go to Security -> Permission and activate Root permission
  • Enjoy your rooted Redmi 1S

QQ Photo20140716102658.jpg

QQ Photo20140716102718.jpg

B. Steps for unrooting:
  • Go to Security -> Permission and deactivate Root permission
  • Download the file UnRootNative_Redmi1S.zip to your PC (because download via browser on phone often is not working properly)
  • Connect your Redmi 1S via USB
  • Rename the file to update.zip and copy it to the folder 'Computer\HM 1S\Internal storage' (root of internal storage)
  • Disconnect your Redmi 1S properly (use 'Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media' from USB icon in Windows SysTray)
  • Boot into Mi-Recovery (for this launch the Updater app, press the menu/options button and from the menu choose 'Reboot to recovery mode')
  • In the Mi-recovery select and confirm 'English' (or Chinese if you are capable to understand)
  • Select and confirm 'Install update.zip to System', this will take one second
  • Select and confirm 'Reboot'
  • Enjoy your unrooted Redmi 1S (MIUI version is back to xx.0, permission cannot be

QQ Photo20140716102605.jpg

QQ Photo20140716102708.jpg

Credits:
This guide was originally based on the procedure for Mi3 from @Helgo9 but was adapted by me for Redmi 1S. It had been successfully tested on Redmi 1S WCDMA by @imranz with JHCCNBD23.0 and by @matthi with JHCCNBD24.0, furthermore by @adinovic on Redmi 1S CDMA with JHCCNBD23.0.
For the stable ROM JHCMIBE29.0 I adapted the rooting approach and it got successfully tested by @rocco6 on Redmi 1S WCDMA.
The unrooting approach was tested by @arendus on Redmi 1S WCDMA and he also provided the screenshots.
Finally many thanks go to @sta-s2z for answering my beginner's questions when I started this for the first time.

P.S.:
You can also have at look at this video which shows the steps, credits to C4ETech

Favorite506 Share

Rated by 279 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

Vib_Sel + 1 Thanks!
SignumRedmi1s + 1 Thanks!
ivan18241 + 1 Thanks!
NoviOfficial + 1 Thanks!
andrey@records + 2 Thanks!
addi28 + 1 Great!
Hary4u + 1 Thanks!
tank776 + 1 Great!
Kpyto + 1 Awesome!
wwwvlas + 1 Awesome!
dandismund + 1 Thanks!
Dasari5 + 1 Great!
jamaguilera + 1 Fantastic!
BenjieLapinid + 1 Thanks!
B.Zoltan + 1 Fantastic!
atharvakale343 + 2 Thanks!
DiLshadSys + 5 Awesome!
devsaee + 2 Awesome!
Deepugadu + 1 Thanks!
muzsyd + 1 Great!
Baron_MIUI + 1 Thanks!
anutta + 1 Awesome!
edypurwanto + 5 Thanks!
DementedX + 1 Fantastic!
Abhi19 + 1 Thanks!
arunjisingl + 1 Fantastic!
Aggsetiawan + 1 Great!

Experience +400  Prestige +3  View Rating Log

Credits
Device
Mi Pad
MIUI Version
V7.1.1.0.KHCMICK
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM
22:57, Aug-25-2015 | From PC
|
Hi, I will explain the steps I have been following
- Copied the Update.zip file in the Internal Storage
- Through tool>Updater>I go and click on the select update package
- Selecting the update.zip package and click update.
- Once after the click, screen goes dark black and loading circle pops
- Phone goes to MI recovery mode and I get the error message as give below

Thank you
IMG-20150825-WA0011.jpg

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
15:33, Nov-12-2014 | From PC
|
how can i download root unroot file??

Comment

AndroidFuchs You need to reply to this thread to be able to download, after replying the files get visible in the first post  04:34, Dec-23-2014

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V8.1.6.0.MHOMIDI
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM
19:59, Nov-01-2014 | From PC
|
Will the warranty get avoided ?

Comment

AndroidFuchs No, your warranty will not get affected as you can always flash the original stable rom back  04:35, Dec-23-2014

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Life's 2 short 4 bad thoughts

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
3343 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BoxMi Power BankMi KeyMi Portable WiFiMi BandMi WiFi RouterMIUI 2015MIUI 6I Love MIUIFlashholicFantastic!Awesome!MIUI Devices ContestMIUI 7MIUI 2016Mi 4iRedmi 2Mi Note ProMi PadRedmiXiaomi Mi 4Mi 2Rocket to FutureAtaturk MourningHappy Singles' DayRooster Year of 20172014 ChristmasThanksgiving DayMIUI Font LoverFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Diwali 1st AnniversaryMIUI Forum App300K Forum MembersMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Halloween3500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Bangladesh900K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasFan Of MIUI GermanyHilal Ramadan Fan Of MIUI India700K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From SingaporeHappy Valentine's Day600K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesFan Of  MIUI Azerbaijan1 Million Forum MembersHappy New YearFan of MIUI Myanmar500K Forum Members800K Forum MembersSummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamClass A Beta TeamMIUI Device TeamMIUI Beta Team VIPMIUI Photography GuruAndroid GuruMr. DependableMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Device ExpertStar Of  MIUI Beta TeamOTA FeedbackMIUI ExpertMIUI FollowerStar Of MIUI Device TeamMIUI Community VIPPioneer of MIUI English Forum Redmi Quiz MasterMi Bunny Game Master Mi TalentMIUI Twitter FollowerHumor MasterForum Contest LoverUpdates LoverMaster Of TechnologyMIUI Honorary ModeratorTechnology GuruDebate MasterMIUI FB FollowerAndroid ElfStar Of IconsMost Active MIUIerSuper ModeratorMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeDie-hard MIUI FanYouth PledgeMIUI Global Forum 2014Inbox ZeroTheme TalentScroll Of WisdomMr. Post the Most

Author| 12:39, Jul-22-2014 | From PC
|
This post was edited by AndroidFuchs at 21:36, Dec-22-2014
kkchai replied at 2014-7-22 04:56
is the Redmi 1s with Android version 4.3JLS36C (MIUI version MIUI-JHCMYBD27.0 good to go with this r ...

Not sure if it works for 27.0.
Anyway you should update to latest 29.0, check here en.miui.com/thread-28208-1-1.html

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 3
MIUI Version
V7.1.1.0.LHPCNCK
Online time
177 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIAwesome!Redmi 3RedmiFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu 1500K Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnyOTA FeedbackMIUI Follower

22:59, May-20-2014 | From PC
|
This post was edited by chillout23 at 23:03, May-20-2014

Many, many thanks!

And just to ask... MI-Recovery 2.0.1 is stock recovery or I need to download it from somewhere and flash?
Ask because 1S will be my first Xiaomi/MIUI phone and just want to know before I get it

Comment

AndroidFuchs it's stock recovery and you'll see it once you booted to recovery if you have it  23:15, May-20-2014
Make love, not war :)

Xiaomi RedMi 3

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V8.2.5.0.MALMIDL
Online time
12 Hours
Send PM
01:05, May-21-2014 | From PC
|
great, it's now work in cdma version (1sc), thanks for your private advise too

Comment

AndroidFuchs thanks for giving feedback that it's also working on 1 sc version  16:01, May-30-2014

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
V8.5.2.0.LHNCNED
Online time
41 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 100 Million Users

00:03, May-21-2014 | From PC
|
it also run on MIUI- JHCCNBD24-Stable
i update today as 24 was just released

Comment

AndroidFuchs Thanks for letting us know; anyway you were one of the first testers since yesterday night ;)  00:32, May-21-2014
Redmi Note 2 -16 GB, 2.0 GHz
Redmi Note 3 pro  - 32 GB
Mi TV BOX en#
YiHomeAnts
MiBAND1s

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4
MIUI Version
V8.0.3.0.MBFMIDG
Online time
277 Hours
Send PM

Mi VRXiaomi 7th AnniversarySuper ThursdayMIUI 2017Die-hard MIUI FanMi Lover Medal

23:47, Jul-20-2014 | From PC
|
This post was edited by greezer at 23:48, Jul-20-2014

It is Security(green colour icon) icon on your Homescreen. Not the Security under Settings ( wrong place ).

Rated by 2 people   Experience Reason  

shatabda + 1 Thanks!
thakshak + 1 Fantastic!

Experience +2  View Rating Log

Redmi Note 4 owners please go to these links and click confirm. Hopefully the devs will look into it ASAP.

http://en.miui.com/thread-423145-1-1.html
http://en.miui.com/thread-421488-1-2.html
http://en.miui.com/thread-419270-1-2.html

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi
MIUI Version
Online time
454 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi BoxMi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesI Love MIUIFlashholicFantastic!Awesome!MIUI 2015RedmiXiaomi Mi 4Hilal Ramadan MIUI Fan From PhilippinesHappy Diwali1st Anniversary300K Forum MembersDiwali Ataturk MourningMIUI HalloweenMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI 100 Million UsersThanksgiving DayMIUI 4th AnniversaryHappy Singles' DayFan Of MIUI SpainSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Class A Beta TeamMIUI Beta Team VIPMIUI Beta TeamAndroid GuruSenior Beta TesterMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Star Of IconsMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatUpdates LoverForum Contest LoverMIUI Global Forum 2014Inbox ZeroYouth PledgeMost Active MIUIerOTA FeedbackMIUI Twitter FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanHumor Master

01:18, May-21-2014 | From PC
|
Successfully rooted multilingual rom for redmi 1s wcdma, thanks a lot!!!!

Comment

AndroidFuchs Great, thanks for feedback. This might depend on which multi language ROM is used, there are some multi language ROMs which modify more than only adding languages  16:02, May-30-2014

Credits
Device
Redmi
MIUI Version
Online time
7 Hours
Send PM

Mi 3Pioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Android 4.4 KitKat

23:07, May-20-2014 | From PC
|
Just tried it, everything is working as intended. Thank you very much! :)

Comment

AndroidFuchs That's fine, have fun with your rooted Redmi 1S  23:16, May-20-2014

Elite Member

RED KAT 2

Credits
Device
Redmi 1
MIUI Version
V7.3.1.0.KHBCNDD
Online time
431 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi BoxMi In-Ear HeadphonesFantastic!MIUI 7MIUI 2015Awesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 8FlashholicMIUI 6Redmi 2Mi PadRedmiMIUI English Forum 2013Fan Of MIUI CzechFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 4th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI 50 Million Users300K Forum MembersMIUI 2017MIUI 100 Million UsersHilal Ramadan 1 Million Forum MembersThanksgiving Day700K Forum Members900K Forum Members800K Forum Members600K Forum Members500K Forum Members1 Million Forum App InstallsXiaomi 6th Anniversary2100K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyClass A Beta TeamMIUI Beta TeamAndroid ElfDie-hard MIUI FanForum Contest LoverMIUI FB FollowerAndroid GuruMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatOTA FeedbackUpdates LoverPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerMIUI Medals Collector

22:44, May-20-2014 | From PC
|
Thank you  
Pleas all BETA Team members and other people with REDMi 1w read and sign this petition

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 3
MIUI Version
V8.2.2.0.LAICNDL
Online time
22 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi HomeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8MIUI 7I Love MIUIMarshmallowFantastic!MIUI Devices ContestRedmi 3Redmi 1SMIUI 300 WeeksSuper Wednesday1800K Forum Members3 Million Forum MembersDiwali 3500K Forum MembersMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Forum App1500K Forum MembersMIUI 2017Happy New YearPuzzle MasterWomen's Day Medal1 Million Forum App InstallsMerry Christmas10 Million Forum PostsRocket to FutureI Love 2016Summer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Android GuruMIUI FollowerMi Story TellerAndroid ElfScroll Of WisdomDie-hard MIUI Fan

23:00, May-20-2014 | From PC
|
great help thanks!

Comment

AndroidFuchs Welcome; please report back if it worked for you  23:16, May-20-2014

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 2
MIUI Version
Online time
155 Hours
Send PM

Redmi Note 2RedmiMIUI Fan From Indonesia

23:15, May-20-2014 | Via mobile
|
thanks

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 1
MIUI Version
Online time
210 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMIUI 2015Fantastic!I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 6FlashholicMIUI 7MIUI 2016Xiaomi Mi 4RedmiRedmi 2Mi Note800K Forum Members300K Forum MembersMIUI 4th Anniversary500K Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI English Forum 2013Summer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Class A Beta TeamMIUI FollowerAndroid GuruHumor MasterUpdates LoverMIUI Medals CollectorForum Contest LoverMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatOTA FeedbackDie-hard MIUI FanPioneer of MIUI English Forum

00:30, May-21-2014 | From PC
|
Excellent!
ATP: MiTu: I'm alive! ~ Xiaomi Redmi WCDMA
----
Redmi 1: FAQs,...
Linux: access by USB Cable, QQ

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list