[ Promote]
1903 10 |
01:21, Jan-28-2016 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by cmangalos at 01:29, Jan-28-2016

Hi all,

Just got redmi note 3 and been using it for almost a week. now, my concern is this is a modified rom. so i cannot update the phone. I was able to find a tutorial, by rooting the phone and editing build.prop. i was able to successfully do it. update appears on my phone. but the problem is, whenever update it. it reboots, goes to the screen where it appears to be updating and after 5 seconds it reboots. I know that the push did not go through as normally, it would take minutes to flash the update on the phone. when it boot up. it's still on the current version. I tried to download older version like v7.0.19.0, v7.0.22.0, v7.1.6.0 and v7.1.7.0, still my phone is not updating. I am quite hesitant to use spflasher as it may not be compatible to my actual version which is v77.0.19.0. so i was wondering is there is anyone here who the same version with mine and was able to successfully re-flash their units using spflasher, if so, what is the spflasher version and the version you have used. thanks in advance and have a nice day. lastly, is there anyway to update my phone, other than using a PC?
Favorite Share

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
193 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandI Love MIUIFantastic!MIUI 2016Awesome!Redmi Note 3Happy New Year1 Million Forum MembersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan from IndiaAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyAndroid GuruDebate MasterRingtone Star Mi Bunny Game Master

01:45, Jan-28-2016 | From PC
|
Get rid of that dubious vendor installed version! You have to use flashtool to upgrade from vendor rom.
Download official china stable fastboot rom and try to flash with sp v5.1516
Follow this guides carefully: http://en.miui.com/thread-193681-1-1.html and http://en.miui.com/thread-197451-1-1.html

Kind regards

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

cmangalos + 1 Thanks!

Experience +1  View Rating Log

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
65 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 2016Awesome!MIUI 9Android GuruTechnology Guru

01:47, Jan-28-2016 | From PC
|
You need to flash yor RN3 normal ROM like there http://en.miui.com/thread-193681-1-1.html

cmangalos + 1 Thanks!

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
48 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 01:50, Jan-28-2016 | From PC
|
hey, thank you for the reply, yep that was my plan, to use spflashtool. i was just wondering if there is anyone here who has the same version with mine who was able to successfully re-flash their phone. I can't have my phone dead. Also i am thinking is there is any other way to reflash my phone. I dont have my laptop with me, I cannot use my wife's old laptop as it is very slow and might affect the update process.

Super moderator

Credits
Device
Mi 5X
Online time
6881 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMagic CubeMi VRMi HeadphonesMi BandMi KeyMi T-ShirtMi Power StripMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Power BankMi  BunnyXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 8Awesome!MIUI 2016MIUI 6MIUI 7Fantastic!MIUI 2015FlashholicXiaomi Mi 4Mi 3Redmi 1SMi 4i4 Million Forum MembersRedmi Note 3Redmi 22100K Forum MembersI Love 2016Fan Of MIUI IndiaRooster Year of 2017MIUI 2017Rocket to Future1 Million Forum App Installs1900K Forum MembersMIUI 6th Anniversary3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Forum AppMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI World TourMIUI Fan From BrazilMerry ChristmasMIUI 5th AnniversaryXiaomi 5th Anniversary700K Forum Members800K Forum Members1500K Forum Members1 Million Forum Members500K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI Fan from IndiaThanksgiving DayHappy Valentine's DayHappy New YearHilal Ramadan 1300K Forum MembersSuper SaturdayHappy Holi MedalSuper SundaySuper Thursday3500K Forum MembersRingolicious Medal5 Million Forum App InstallsSuper Friday10 Million Forum PostsSuper Wednesday5 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersMIUI Happy MedalWomen's Day MedalSuper TuesdayMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 9Alpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI Device TeamMost Active MIUIerXiaomi 8th AnniversaryRingtone ExpertTechnology GuruMost Popular Forum UserMIUI KingMi Lover MedalScroll Of WisdomDebate MasterHumor MasterMIUI Device ExpertForum Contest LoverMIUI Twitter Follower2017 Annual AwardsMi TalentAndroid ElfMIUI FB FollowerAndroid GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatSuper ModeratorPioneer of MIUI English Forum Die-hard MIUI FanOTA FeedbackStar Of TechnologyMaster Of TechnologyMr. DependableMIUI FollowerMIUI Medals CollectorUpdates LoverMi Bunny Game Master

03:42, Jan-28-2016 | From PC
|
cmangalos replied at 2016-1-27 23:20
hey, thank you for the reply, yep that was my plan, to use spflashtool. i was just wondering if ther ...

Hello,

No other Way.
Does not matter which version is flashed.
Old Laptop will not matter, it will work perfectly.

Regards
Muzamil

cmangalos + 1 Thanks!

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
48 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 03:57, Jan-28-2016 | From PC
|

the problem is it is very slow. and sometimes hanging, will it be fine?

Comment

Muz_paray Yes , will be fine  04:00, Jan-28-2016

Credits
Device
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
10:10, Jan-29-2016 | From PC
|
i have this same problem, can i ask a question, one i updated my version to a official rom do i need to root it and install twrp?

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
48 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 22:32, Jan-29-2016 | From PC
|
Cianlight replied at 2016-1-29 10:10
i have this same problem, can i ask a question, one i updated my version to a official rom do i need ...

yes you need to re-root, for twrp,. you need to unlock bootloader first.

Credits
Device
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM
16:50, Apr-14-2016 | From PC
|
So are you running stock MIUI now and not the vendor 77.x.x.x ? You did what they told you here with flash tool?

Credits
Device
Redmi 3
Online time
6 Hours
Send PM
19:57, Apr-17-2016 | From PC
|
I have also a dubious ROM 77.1.1.0, however is working everything fine in teh phone (google store, gps, battery use, etc). I got in my redmi 3 from gear best , I cant know who did this ROM version. The process for changing the ROM to an official one is so unclear (for people not used to do this regularly) that I am afraid to start the process and get a bricked phone... also you get a lot of chinese apps and eventually you lost any store guaranty. What will be the advantage to change?

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list