Super moderator

Credits
Device
Mi 4
MIUI Version
Online time
1588 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIRedmi 1SXiaomi Mi 42014 ChristmasFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum Members600K Forum MembersXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Global Forum 2014Die-hard MIUI FanMIUI FB FollowerMIUI G+ FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum

[Reviews] An Overview of MIUI 7 Based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Xiaomi Mi 4

[ Promote]
95524 811 |
07:30, Jan-21-2016
| |
|
Go to reply no.
Greetings MIUIers,
M.jpg

I think most of you were waiting for Marshmallow based miui. Now its time to taste it. Before using it, do you want to see whats new in the Marshmallow based MIUI? Here is some view about the Marshmallow based MIUI.
Screenshot_2016-01-21-01-17-23_com.android.settings.png

Overview:
Marshmallow based MIUI is very smooth. You can see some/most of the users are facing force close issues but if you use right app then force close issue is very less/no more. Display is bright even at lower point. Status bar is immersed with almost every app(which supports the miui framework). Image quality is good. Customized menu with more features. Okay, now lets see it by category wise.
M.gif

Immersive status bar:
Some of you may use mod for Immersive status bar. Immersive status bar was already there in Kitkat based MIUI too but some/most of the apps doesn't support miui framework. Now almost every app supports the Immersive status bar. You don't/may not need mod for Immersive status bar. It may looks like minor change but its safe.
Screenshot_2016-01-21-02-44-28_com.whatsapp.png

Camera:
As usual camera quality is good in Marshmallow too but its clarity is increased a little bit. More faster when capturing images and shooting normal videos. It gives the true color images. Save the memories of your life exactly as it is. The below image is captured at late night.
IMG_20160121_024854.jpg

Display/Brightness:
In Marshmallow display is more bright. Even at lower point of the slider you can see the content. Major point is this optimization doesn't consumes extra charge/power. Its really good optimization.
Screenshot_2016-01-21-02-57-54_com.android.browser.png

Heating & Battery:
Normally the battery consumption is based on the usage of users. Also based on the apps installed in the device. The battery consumption in 3G data lasts almost 5-6 hours. In 2G data it lasts almost 7-8 hours. It may vary based on how you use. Heating is very very less. Even if you use the device when charging its not observed. Sometimes the heating has been observed while using the device when charging but later found the reason that its because of high voltage and wrong circuit. So far heating and battery consumption is optimized well.
Screenshot_2016-01-21-02-42-10_com.miui.securitycenter.png

Quick Charge:
Marshmallow doesn't affect the Quick charging at any point. You will get the device charged with full charge quick. No need to wait for longtime to charge the device. Quick charging saves the time.

Package installer:
Package installer UI is now looks very simple. You can simply access all the details of the app. All the permissions accessed by the app is listed before you install the app. Also the menu has been customized.
Screenshot_2016-01-21-02-51-46_com.google.android.packageinstaller.png

Simplified menu:
Now the menu to upload the file is fully customized. Hereafter no need to struggle to find the file to upload. You can find the file in simple way. All the files will be categorized so its easy to find it. Now the time is yours

Screenshot_2016-01-21-04-04-15_com.android.documentsui.png

USB:
Choose how you want to connect the USB.
-If you want to only charge the device then you can choose "Charging only" option
-If you want to share only photos then you can choose "Transfer Photos"
-If you want to share all the files then you can choose "Transfer files"
Choose as you wish not for others wish

Screenshot_2016-01-06-21-28-44_com.miui.home.jpg
Screenshot_2016-01-06-21-28-53_com.android.settings.jpg

More secure:
Each app requires the permission to do every action. Its old function only but now its optimized with each process. The app need permission to access the media too. Without user's knowledge nothing can be done.
Screenshot_2016-01-21-02-29-17_com.miui.securitycenter.png

Ram & Performance:
Its the most important point we have to look. Some/Most of the users may doubt the performance because Marshmallow needs more memory and with MIUI it may lag in performance. RAM consumption is same as in Kitkat based MIUI but the result is, its performance is awesome. No lagging, no force close(with right and compatible app) and perfect for daily use. Around 16 apps were running in the background but no lagging at all. Its really great improvement. Even if you use few more apps also it will not affect the performance.
1.gif

Conclusion:
Time to enter into the future with features
Screenshot_2016-01-21-03-30-48_com.android.systemui.png

Regards,
Veerasuri
Favorite28 Share

Rated by 183 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

gromadsky + 1 Thanks!
LadduMi + 1 Agreed!
sumit4514 + 1 Great!
Gxion1990 + 1 Fantastic!
Sanikoff + 1 <font><font>Потрясающие!<
dimychman + 1 Great!
skmi4 + 1 Fantastic! but when Global Update will c
dimas10 + 5 Great!
hobbik2014 + 1 Awesome!
PuneetSHARMA + 1 Good insights on Marshmallow. very infor
DCazarez05 + 1 Great!
Cosmus + 1 Awesome!
fjcmachado + 1 Fantastic!
turcanel + 1 Fantastic!
MotyGarth + 2 Awesome job! Thanks bro!
rockernaxo + 5 Great!
CodDex + 1 Great!
myakabalarajau + 5
ilfavi + 1 Great!
罗马寇特 + 1 Thanks!
VarunJos + 2 Thanks!
RavneetArora + 1 Agreed!
shafayat17 + 1 Great!
pagacancang + 2 Great!
mangmoom + 5 Awesome!
LaVenJun + 10 + 2 Fantastic!
gmark247 + 1 Fantastic!

Experience +482  Prestige +35  View Rating Log

Would you like to know, why the bug thread is closed?
If yes, then Click here

MIUI Beta Team - India

Credits
Device
Redmi 1S
MIUI Version
Online time
254 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIAwesome!Fantastic!Redmi 1S1 Million Forum Members2014 ChristmasThanksgiving DayDiwali Gamer Mi BunnyRedmi Quiz MasterStar Of Icons

00:16, Jan-23-2016
|
Dear learned author of this post kindly update your technical knowledge. It's MIUI based on Android 6.0 and not Android 6.0 based on MIUI. Kindly do homework before writing anything. And your post do not provide sufficient and proper information on performance, post is just having vogue information.

Comment

ssabari20155 People like you always complaints but doing nothing. Always blaming others without doing anything. Is it a trend?  07:13, Jan-23-2016
ssabari20155 Didn't you see that at first time you reply? If you can't do something(good things) then don't blame others. First do something good rather pin pointing other and not making useless complaints.  07:11, Jan-23-2016
ssabari20155 haha, I can't control laughing after seeing your threads in the bugs. First improve your knowledge then correct others. You don't even have basic knowledge in tech related things. Want to be hero ah?  06:46, Jan-23-2016

Rated by 11 people   Experience Reason  

jbezuidenhout + 1 Great!
fluster84 + 2 Agreed!
Michael88M + 2 Agreed!
holani.rishi -5
Damandeep + 1 Agreed!
Champus + 2 Agreed!
nuno_p + 1 Agreed!
--Henny-- + 1 Agreed!
ssabari20155 -5 Look back at you
pchelka + 1 Thanks!
MeSamie + 2 Agreed!

Experience +3  View Rating Log

< S. K. > Beyonds The Limits . . .

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 2
MIUI Version
Online time
43 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 7I Love MIUIMIUI 2016Awesome!Redmi 3Redmi 2UEFA EURO MedalXiaomi 5th AnniversaryTechnology GuruDebate MasterMr. DependableDie-hard MIUI FanWallpaper ExpertAndroid GuruOTA Feedback

08:55, Jan-23-2016
|
oh god, so much nonsense in this review, do people not realize? how did it even got so much +1's?

Heating & Battery:
Normally the battery consumption is based on the usage of users. Also based on the apps installed in the device. The battery consumption in 3G data lasts almost 5-6 hours. In 2G data it lasts almost 7-8 hours. It may vary based on how you use.

First this. Yeah what you're saying is how the determination of the battery life works. You said, normally, so it has been changed or what? How does it work now then? You're just telling obvious things which are not new.

Heating is very very less. Even if you use the device when charging its not observed. Sometimes the heating has been observed while using the device when charging but later found the reason that its because of high voltage and wrong circuit. So far heating and battery consumption is optimized well.

How did they managed to reduce the heat? If you tell something, back up the things you're saying. What i'm saying is that you're just talking nonsense. Or did they really created a different cpu trottle scheme? Not that i know off. So the heat is still the same, and btw it doesn't even get hot on KitKat e.g. so there shouldn't be a problem though.

Also about the performance and Ram usage. Where did you get your facts? How much faster is it really? 2%?  

I think you should acquire some more technical skills before trying to talk about something 'technical' because your post has a lot of misinformation and other things are not new, and some things are way too obvious/ not informative like the USB part. You're just quoting the options you can choose off, like 'charge only'. Instead, you should say something more about it like. E.g. if you choose for 'Charge only' your device will recharge 15% faster because it can allow more voltage. Tell us something interesting, relevant about android 6.  Does it support ART etc..?

Comment

philip_petev Dude, why don't you write your own review instead of criticize the author of the current one?  15:16, Jan-23-2016
ssabari20155 I wonder that, were you blind at first time you reply? Why didn't you say this at that time? Who/What made you to ask this?  13:16, Jan-23-2016

Rated by 6 people   Experience Reason  

Sejil + 1 Agreed!
Ketanpatel + 2 Agreed!
jbezuidenhout + 1 Fantastic!
Muzz6814 + 1 Agreed!
fluster84 + 2 Agreed!
Michael88M + 2 Agreed!

Experience +9  View Rating Log

Super moderator

Credits
Device
Mi 4
MIUI Version
Online time
1588 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIRedmi 1SXiaomi Mi 42014 ChristmasFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum Members600K Forum MembersXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Global Forum 2014Die-hard MIUI FanMIUI FB FollowerMIUI G+ FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum

Author| 12:34, Jan-23-2016
|
This post was edited by Veerasuri at 10:16, Jan-23-2016
--Henny-- replied at 2016-1-23 06:25
oh god, so much nonsense in this review, do people not realize? how did it even got so much +1's?

Hi,
Mind your language when posting. Personal attacks are not allowed. This thread is posted based on the rom I'm using. Its open forum and I've shared my experience. If you have better experience or something else you can also post about that. If you want to know what is my technical skill then PM me. This thread is fully based on my experience. If you have any oppose then express that in right manner. Main thing, this thread is not posted for you and its just an overview(based on my experience) not the full review. Its not necessary to give full details which you need because I can share what I'm experiencing not what you like/expect or wrong information. Its my own experience so you have no rights to blame me. Kindly do not create issues. Arguments are strictly not allowed.
Thanks

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

faisal337 + 5 Agreed!

Experience +5  View Rating Log

Would you like to know, why the bug thread is closed?
If yes, then Click here

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 1S
MIUI Version
V7.1.1.0.KHCMICK
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi Power BankMi In-Ear HeadphonesMIUI 7MIUI 2015MIUI 2016Redmi 1SFan of MIUI MyanmarMIUI Fan from TurkeyHappy New YearMIUI Fan from India1 Million Forum MembersAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyAndroid GuruDebate MasterRingtone Star

15:47, Jan-21-2016
|
Make it for Redmi 1s also

Rated by 4 people   Experience Reason  

dimas10 + 3 Agreed!
qams + 1 Agreed!
Abhra + 4 Agreed!
ssabari20155 + 2 Lets hope

Experience +10  View Rating Log

MIUI Resources Team

Delighting you always :-)

Credits
Device
Mi 4
MIUI Version
Online time
126 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 2015MIUI 7I Love MIUIFlashholicMIUI 6Xiaomi Mi 4MIUI Fan from IndiaMerry Christmas1 Million Forum MembersUEFA EURO Medal5 Million Forum PostsI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Resources TeamYouth PledgeRingtone MasterHumor MasterPioneer of MIUI English Forum Forum Contest LoverDebate MasterDie-hard MIUI FanWallpaper Expert

00:46, Feb-02-2016
|
Cool Overview Thread Bro.  Saw some hate comments for this thread and my quote for you is

"They hate us coz they aint us"

Keep up the good work

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V7.1.1.0.LXIMICK
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM
15:50, Jan-21-2016
|
Is google now on tap available and working?

Comment

deep4u2joy no  00:09, Jan-24-2016

MIUI Beta Team - Global

Credits
Device
Mi 4
MIUI Version
Online time
271 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandI Love MIUIMIUI 8MIUI 7MIUI 2016MIUI 2015Xiaomi Mi 4Xiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From Vietnam1 Million Forum MembersUEFA EURO MedalHappy New YearI Love Mi BunnyForum Contest LoverMr. DependableMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI FB FollowerUpdates LoverOTA FeedbackWallpaper ExpertAndroid GuruDie-hard MIUI FanDebate MasterAndroid Elf

15:44, Jan-21-2016
|
Thanks for overview

Credits
Device
Mi 4
MIUI Version
Online time
52 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!UEFA EURO MedalAndroid Guru

17:01, Feb-01-2016
|
ok great, but kk is working great, not rush simple delivery the rom when is stable.

Credits
Device
Mi 3
MIUI Version
Online time
23 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 6Mi Note500K Forum MembersAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI FB Follower

15:09, Jan-24-2016
|
lols for this noob mod and reviewer.... Thought I'd let it go I mean I don't have the ROM yet so considered that maybe this dude was in a hurry to get his views out. But nope, he's just lacking in nerd info :P
Good luck man, you'll need it :D

Comment

yankers That sort of behaviour is not necessary. If you don't like what was said, please either use constructive criticism or don't say anything. Next time you'll get an official warning  21:54, Jan-24-2016

MIUI Device Team

Waiting M update for Redmi1s

Credits
Device
Redmi 1S
MIUI Version
Online time
830 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power BankMi BoxMi BandMi Bluetooth SpeakerMIUI 6Fantastic!MIUI 2015MIUI 2016I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 7MIUI 8Mi NoteRedmiMi 4cMi TVThanksgiving DayMIUI HalloweenHappy Singles' DayDiwali 1st AnniversaryFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI Fan from India300K Forum MembersMIUI 4th AnniversaryXiaomi 6th Anniversary1 Million Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 100 Million Users900K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From Singapore2014 ChristmasAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyHumor MasterMost Active MIUIerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid GuruDebate MasterStar Of IconsDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid ElfRedmi Quiz MasterOTA FeedbackMIUI Global Forum 2014Updates LoverInbox ZeroScroll Of WisdomMIUI FollowerYouth PledgeMi Bunny Game Master

22:15, Jan-21-2016 Via mobile
|
Vembu replied at 2016-1-21 19:30
Don't expect that from xiaomi, because they have just started working on lollipop for redmi 2 prim ...

Yea...xiaomi is not trust worthy and is hopeless...  :(
I have other ways to get MM that is Mokee :) RIP to MIUI..

Credits
Device
Mi 4
MIUI Version
Online time
19 Hours
Send PM
15:48, Jan-21-2016 Via mobile
|
Nice thanks!

MIUI Beta Team - China

Help each other ..Build a bett

Credits
Device
Mi 3
MIUI Version
Online time
146 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi WiFi RouterMIUI 8MIUI 7Awesome!Redmi Note 2800K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaThanksgiving DayHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI 5th AnniversaryAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Beta TeamMIUI Twitter FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanMr. DependableYouth PledgeDebate MasterAndroid ElfUpdates LoverMIUI FB FollowerMi Talent

15:48, Jan-21-2016
|
Thanks for the MM feature review.....
My MI3 ,the bestie i have ever had...Trying to make it bugless.

MIUI Device Team

Waiting M update for Redmi1s

Credits
Device
Redmi 1S
MIUI Version
Online time
830 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power BankMi BoxMi BandMi Bluetooth SpeakerMIUI 6Fantastic!MIUI 2015MIUI 2016I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 7MIUI 8Mi NoteRedmiMi 4cMi TVThanksgiving DayMIUI HalloweenHappy Singles' DayDiwali 1st AnniversaryFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI Fan from India300K Forum MembersMIUI 4th AnniversaryXiaomi 6th Anniversary1 Million Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 100 Million Users900K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From Singapore2014 ChristmasAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyHumor MasterMost Active MIUIerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid GuruDebate MasterStar Of IconsDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid ElfRedmi Quiz MasterOTA FeedbackMIUI Global Forum 2014Updates LoverInbox ZeroScroll Of WisdomMIUI FollowerYouth PledgeMi Bunny Game Master

15:49, Jan-21-2016 Via mobile
|
This post was edited by xHatreD at 14:02, Feb-22-2016

Atlast someone is in favour of MIUI marshmallow. I hope Xiaomi now works on 2nd batch of devices including Redmi 1s/Note 3G and other MIUI 7 running devices :)

Comment

MeSamie They r givin Lollipop 4r Redmi 2Pime that way Redmi 1s wud also get L not M update which suckks pretty bad!!!  00:59, Jan-23-2016

Rated by 4 people   Experience Reason  

ssabari20155 + 2 Hope so
pchelka + 1 Agreed!
MeSamie + 2 Definitely must give M!!!!
kunjan16 + 2 Agreed!

Experience +7  View Rating Log

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4
MIUI Version
Online time
46 Hours
Send PM

Fantastic!MIUI 2016MIUI Fan from IndiaThanksgiving DayHappy New YearMerry Christmas1 Million Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnyAndroid ElfDebate MasterInbox ZeroAndroid GuruTechnology Guru

15:52, Jan-21-2016 Via mobile
|
boom using :)

MIUI Beta Team - Global

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
431 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power BankMi BandMi WiFi RouterMi In-Ear HeadphonesMIUI 6MIUI 2016Awesome!MIUI 2015MIUI 7Fantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 8FlashholicMi PadRedmi Note 2Redmi 2Mi NoteMi Note ProXiaomi Mi 4Mi 4iMi 4c600K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From BrazilMalaysia Anniversary1 Million Forum MembersHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan from India5 Million Forum PostsXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million UsersHappy Valentine's DayFan Of MIUI IndiaHappy New Year500K Forum Members1300K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI 5th Anniversary900K Forum Members800K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From SingaporeThanksgiving Day700K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From PhilippinesAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamOTA FeedbackMi Bunny Game Master Android GuruTechnology GuruHumor MasterUpdates LoverMIUI FB FollowerMi Lover MedalYouth PledgeForum Contest LoverMIUI Twitter FollowerInbox ZeroDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI G+ FollowerAndroid ElfDebate MasterScroll Of Wisdom

15:52, Jan-21-2016 Via mobile
|
thanks

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
56 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 2016Redmi Note 3Redmi 3Android Guru

15:54, Jan-21-2016
|
Thanks for the review!
Make it for Redmi Note 3 Prime also!!!???

Comment

ssabari20155 Surprise may knock at anytime  07:07, Jan-23-2016

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list