Credits
Device
Mi3
MIUI Version
JHBMIBL31.0
Online time
101 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIRedmiMi 3Singapore BirthdayMIUI Fan From SingaporeI Love Mi BunnyOTA FeedbackMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Follower

[Tips & Tutorials] [Tutorial] How to use your MiClick in a few simple steps! (Updated!)

[ Promote]
34914 106 |
02:53, May-13-2014 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by clintonccy at 00:13, May-15-2014

I've noticed that quite a number of MiClick users (Especially the new users who won a MiClick at our MIUI Fan Meet in Singapore last week) have questions about how to use their MiClicks on their phones, so here is a quick and easy 2-part tutorial of how to install, configure and use your MiClick and its accompanying app!

Note to those non-Chinese speaking users: Here's a link to the translated app made by our fellow forum member MIUIBulgaria: http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=18958

Update: FAQs now listed in Part 3! If you have any questions, perhaps you might want to check them out!

Part 1: Installation

Step 1: Install the MiClick app from the Xiaomi Market (Alternatively, I've also attached the MiClick app at the bottom of this post for download) and launch it.
Step 1a: For those looking for a non-Chinese version of the MiClick app, grab the app from: http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=18958
1.png

Step 2: Insert the MiClick into your headphone jack (Be careful not to press on the MiClick's button when inserting the MiClick!).
2.png

Step 3: Let the phone know that the device inserted is the MiClick.
3.png

Step 4: Voila! You have successfully installed your MiClick! Now lets move on to configuring your MiClick.
4.png

Part 2: Configuration

Step 5: To configure the finer details, click on the gear icon on the top right of the main page on the MiClick app.
5.png

Step 6: To add a new button press trigger, click on the huge + at the bottom of the main page on the MiClick app and select the number of presses that you would like your phone to have a corresponding action.
6.png

Step 7: Tap on the corresponding button press trigger to configure the action upon the MiClick's detection of that amount of button presses.
7.png

Step 8: To change the action, select the step you wish to change and select the new action.
8.png

Step 9: If you wish to queue more actions for each button press, simply press the + icon to add an additional action for the MiClick app to execute.
9.png

Step 10: If you wish to delete an action, simply tap and hold on the action you wish to delete and select delete (删除).
10.png

Step 11: If you wish to delete a button press trigger completely, you can also tap and hold on the trigger to delete all actions corresponding to the steps too.
11.png

Part 3: FAQs

Q: May I know once connected the MiClick, can I still make a normal phone call/Will the MiClick treated as earphone by phone and expected the incoming voice come from "earphone" mic?
                                        A: Yes you can, the MiClick is treated as a button and not an earphone, so voice input and output is still routed to the phone's speaker and mic as usual.

Q: When is the MiClick launching in Singapore/Is the MiClick available to buy online/Where can I get one?
A: Unfortunately, unless you won one at the MIUI Fan event last week, there isn't any way to get one yet. Hopefully it will be available for purchase in Singapore soon!

Q: When using the MiClick, why does the headphones icon still appears?
A:                                         As mentioned in my tutorial, be careful not to press on the MiClick's button when inserting the MiClick as before selecting the MiClick option, it will be treated as headphones and will stay in headphone mode until reinserted even if the MiClick option is selected.

Q: Will MiClick work with non-Xiaomi phones?
A: Yes it can!

MiClick.apk

453.37 KB, Downloads: 1853, Download cost : Experience -1

Here's the MiClick app for those who prefer to not download it from the Xiaomi Market

Favorite8 Share

Rated by 23 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

Aikloon(阿伦) + 2 Thanks!
MaeriberiHan + 1 Awesome!
JJ-0 + 1 Awesome!
Michemo + 1 Agreed!
AlexMoyz + 1 Thanks!
HenriqueBianco + 1 Thanks!
Anlogfreak + 1 Thanks!
channzone + 1 Thanks!
tangpx + 1 Great!
ewave72 + 1 Thanks!
Dmas + 1 Thanks!
PongNice + 1 Great!
InGaAs + 1 Awesome!
EviLution + 1 Awesome!
alexa393 + 1 Great!
xg3niusx + 1 Great!
cepsangga666 + 1 Fantastic!
Guru.hangala + 1 Awesome!
moLTenCaLm + 1 Agreed!
Samyoungct + 2 Great!
KateZ + 8 + 1 Awesome!
howardwi + 1 Thanks!
Mi-Ti + 1 Awesome!

Experience +32  Prestige +1  View Rating Log

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
Mi 4c
MIUI Version
Online time
615 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMi WiFi Router MiniMi Power BankMi Band 2Mi KeyMi BandNinebot MiniMi Portable WiFiMi HomeMi BoxXiaomi 6 LaunchMi VRMIUI 6MIUI 2015I Love MIUIAwesome!Fantastic!MIUI 7MIUI 2016MIUI 8FlashholicRedmi NoteMi 3Mi TVMi 4iRedmi 2Xiaomi Mi 4RedmiMi PadMid-Autumn Festival1st AnniversaryDiwali 300K Forum MembersMIUI HalloweenMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 4th AnniversarySingapore BirthdayHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan From PhilippinesAtaturk MourningMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI V5 ReviewHappy Diwali500K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasUEFA EURO Medal700K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersThanksgiving Day900K Forum MembersMIUI 5th Anniversary600K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's Day800K Forum Members2014 ChristmasMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI 2017MIUI Fan from Turkey3500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI AustraliaSuper TuesdayMIUI Forum AppMIUI World Tour2100K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaSummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMIUI News TeamMIUI Device TeamMi TalentMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Lover MedalAndroid GuruTechnology GuruMIUI KingMIUI Photography Classroom TeacherMr. DependableStar Of IconsDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Photography Team MemberOTA FeedbackUpdates LoverMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverYouth PledgeScroll Of WisdomStar MIUI News Team MemberPioneer of MIUI English Forum Humor MasterInbox ZeroDebate MasterMIUI ExpertMIUI Photography GuruBest ArticleMIUI FollowerStar Of MIUI Device TeamIndustrious ReporterMIUI Device ExpertMr. Post the Most

10:13, May-13-2014 | From PC
|
Nice tutorial, thanks. Is there a way to use long press? If possible, then can program 1 tap + 1 long press or 2 taps + 1 long press. That way, no need for 9, 10 taps longcut. LOL!

Comment

clintonccy Unfortunately there's no way for a log press at the moment. Sorry!  23:47, May-14-2014

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 2S
MIUI Version
V7.1.91.99.LHPCNCK
Online time
101 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!I Love MIUIMi 1Mi 3Mi 2RedmiHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI Fan From SingaporeFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI 50 Million UsersI Love Mi BunnyPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerAndroid GuruMIUI ExpertMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat

01:59, May-14-2014 | From PC
|
http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=18958
Its already translated into multiple languages

Comment

clintonccy Thanks for pointing it out!  23:59, May-14-2014

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

paultherock + 2 Great!

Experience +2  View Rating Log

Credits
Device
Redmi
MIUI Version
Online time
8 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!MIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeI Love Mi BunnyPioneer of MIUI English Forum

12:52, May-13-2014 | From PC
|
May I know once connected the MiClick, can I still make a normal phone call?

Will the MiClick treated as earphone by phone and expected the incoming voice come from "earphone" mic?

Comment

clintonccy Yes you can, the MiClick is treated as a button and not an earphone, so voice input and output is still routed to the phone's speaker and mic as usual.  23:49, May-14-2014

Platinum Member

You've Got Another Thing Comin

Credits
Device
Redmi
MIUI Version
V7.0.8.0.LHMMICI
Online time
116 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxFlashholicFantastic!MIUI 6I Love MIUIAwesome!RedmiMi 4iMi 1Mi 3MIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI Fan From PhilippinesFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Hilal Ramadan MIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeThanksgiving Day2014 ChristmasMIUI 50 Million Users1st AnniversaryAtaturk Mourning300K Forum MembersHappy DiwaliDiwali Gamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMIUI Photography GuruMIUI ExpertMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid GuruHumor MasterYouth PledgeInbox ZeroMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI FB FollowerUpdates LoverStar Of IconsPioneer of MIUI English Forum OTA FeedbackMIUI Medals CollectorDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Follower

03:31, May-13-2014 | From PC
|
Thanks for the tut, nicely translated for non-Chinese.
Awesome stuff, i wonder who would be able to hit the 10 press trigger.
Check out my entries:

My walk with Redmi :)

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi3
MIUI Version
JHBMIBL31.0
Online time
101 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIRedmiMi 3Singapore BirthdayMIUI Fan From SingaporeI Love Mi BunnyOTA FeedbackMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Follower

Author| 03:35, May-13-2014 | From PC
|
Mi-Ti replied at 2014-5-13 03:31
Thanks for the tut, nicely translated for non-Chinese.
Awesome stuff, i wonder who would be able to  ...

I've set it for an emergency call function, not easy to press by accident or even on purpose, but certainly the fastest way to get that call dialed in an emergency!

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

Mi-Ti + 1 Thanks!

Experience +1  View Rating Log

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi
MIUI Version
V8.2.2.0.MCFMIDL
Online time
29 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIMIUI 2015Awesome!Xiaomi Mi 4RedmiMi 3MIUI V5 ReviewFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaSingapore BirthdayMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan From BrazilMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Fan from IndiaI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI FollowerOTA FeedbackMIUI Twitter FollowerAndroid GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat

07:30, May-13-2014 | Via mobile
|
when launching in sg?

Comment

clintonccy No launch details yet, hopefully it will come soon!  23:49, May-14-2014

Supreme Member

S-DeZignX

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
848 Hours
Send PM

Yeelight Bedside LampMi BandMi Power Bank 10000MAH MIUI 7MIUI 6MIUI 8FlashholicMIUI 2015I Love MIUIAwesome!Fantastic!Redmi 3SXiaomi Mi 4Mi 4iMi 3Fan Of  MIUI Azerbaijan500K Forum MembersMIUI English Forum 2013Fan Of MIUI IndiaHappy Singles' DayMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From Indonesia2014 ChristmasMIUI Fan From Brazil300K Forum MembersMIUI 9MIUI 30 Million Users600K Forum Members800K Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersMIUI 3rd Anniversary1400K Forum MembersDiwali MIUI 5th Anniversary1900K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 2017100k Forum MembersHappy Diwali700K Forum MembersAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyClass A Beta TeamStar Of ThemesOTA FeedbackBest Theme DesignerAndroid GuruPioneer of MIUI English Forum App StarMIUI FollowerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid ElfMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Medals CollectorScroll Of WisdomMIUI Designer TeamMr. DependableTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalMost Active MIUIerMIUI Twitter FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Global Forum 2014Updates LoverMIUI FB FollowerSuper MIUI ThemeForum Contest Lover

09:59, May-13-2014 | Via mobile
|
is it available to buy Online?

Comment

clintonccy Not yet, hope it won't be long before it is made available!  23:50, May-14-2014

Retired Administrator

Credits
Device
Mi 4S
MIUI Version
Online time
1660 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi Power BankMi MIXMIUI 2015Fantastic!MIUI 6MIUI 7Redmi NoteMi 4iMi PadRedmi 2Mi 2MIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI 4th AnniversaryDiwali Singapore BirthdayMIUI Fan from IndiaThanksgiving DayHappy Valentine's Day500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI IndiaGamer Mi BunnyMIUI News TeamYouth PledgeForum Contest LoverMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Ice Bucket Challenge

10:03, May-13-2014 | From PC
|
Thanks for the detailed tutorial. It's very useful.

Elite Member

I'm B4Batman :P

Credits
Device
Others
MIUI Version
Online time
930 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi WiFi RouterMi In-Ear HeadphonesUnlock MedalMi BoxMi Power BankAwesome!FlashholicMIUI 2015I Love MIUIFantastic!MIUI 6Mi TVRedmi NoteMi 3Mi NoteXiaomi Mi 4Mi 4iMi Note ProMi Pad300K Forum MembersDiwali MIUI 30 Million Users100k Forum Members90000 Forum MembersMIUI HalloweenMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI 3rd Anniversary1500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaHilal Ramadan MIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From PhilippinesFan Of MIUI ThailandSingapore BirthdayFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI English Forum 2013MIUI 4th AnniversaryHappy DiwaliMIUI 100 Million UsersAtaturk MourningXiaomi 5th AnniversaryHappy Valentine's DayFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan from IndiaFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanMIUI Fan From BrazilMalaysia AnniversaryThanksgiving DayOlympics MedalMi Live Medal900K Forum MembersMIUI 5th Anniversary600K Forum Members700K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Bangladesh500K Forum MembersHappy Singles' Day2014 ChristmasMIUI Fan from TurkeyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyInbox ZeroMost Popular Forum UserMIUI Global Forum 2014Pioneer of MIUI English Forum Forum Contest LoverOTA FeedbackMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Wallpaper ContestYouth PledgeScroll Of WisdomRedmi Quiz MasterAndroid ElfMost Active MIUIerAndroid GuruMIUI ExpertHumor MasterMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatDie-hard MIUI FanRingtone Star Debate MasterMIUI FollowerUpdates Lover

10:14, May-13-2014 | From PC
|
Thank you so much but where can I get one?

Comment

clintonccy Unfortunately, unless you won one at the MIUI Fan event last week, there isn't any way to get one yet. Hopefully it will be available for purchase in Singapore soon!  23:52, May-14-2014

Supreme Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note
MIUI Version
JHECNBE23.0
Online time
672 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 6Mi 2RedmiRedmi Note300K Forum Members1st AnniversaryMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI Fan From SingaporeI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Device TeamAndroid GuruMIUI ExpertMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatTechnology GuruMIUI Device ExpertMIUI Photography GuruStar Of MIUI Device TeamMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Humor MasterMIUI Photography Team MemberApp StarMIUI SuperstarRedmi Quiz MasterMaster Of Technology

10:17, May-13-2014 | From PC
|
Awesome! Thanks Clintonccy! Did you have fun with it?

Comment

clintonccy I sure did! It is a useful little button!  23:51, May-14-2014

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
Mi 5s Plus
MIUI Version
V8.2.28.0.NCACNEC
Online time
642 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi BoxMi WiFi RouterMi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power BankMi Portable WiFiXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 6Awesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 2016Fantastic!MIUI 2015Redmi NoteMi TVMi PadRedmiMi 3Xiaomi Mi 4Mi Note ProMi NoteXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI 2017MIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI V5 ReviewSingapore BirthdayMIUI World Tour1 Million Forum MembersMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan from MalaysiaFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu 300K Forum MembersMIUI HalloweenHappy DiwaliDiwali MIUI 4th AnniversaryRooster Year of 2017Happy Valentine's DayMiPopSummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamYouth PledgeMIUI Medals CollectorStar Of MIUI Device TeamMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeOTA FeedbackMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Humor MasterMIUI Global Forum 2014Most Active MIUIerDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI ExpertMIUI FB FollowerForum Contest Lover

10:24, May-13-2014 | From PC
|
This post was edited by Samyoungct at 10:26, May-13-2014

Nice Tutorial.

I've issue when 1st use on my Redmi, it cannot detect as Mi Click when i selected it, Headphone icon appear... haha, but the function still works

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list