Description
--
Steps to reproduce
--
Screenshot
--
Log
--
Apparently I can't live without text messaging so really need some help. This proble started about 5 days ago but I had surgery so I ignored but today I needed to text message and its still not working.

I did the following:
checked my SMS center number is filled in.  under:
- Messaging app
- Menu
- Settings
- Advanced Settings
- Service center number
It is currently empty so I tried refreshing updating and entering PUD number that I found somewhere on the internet but it says this every time "Can't connect to the network. CHeck you data connection and try again  :( data connection is good. What do I do now?

Stuff below just FYI
I don't know if this is a bug, It could be I installed some google play app recently and I have noticed that some apps fight for dominance between google play and Mi market. For example POF app if download by Mi it will work if download by google play it won't work but if you allow auto updates in the google play it will update the POF app a day later break it then you have to reinstall it. Please help I have no clue what causes this type of issue.

Favorite1 Share

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi
Online time
454 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi BoxMi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesAwesome!Fantastic!MIUI 2015FlashholicI Love MIUIRedmiXiaomi Mi 4Thanksgiving DayDiwali 300K Forum Members1st AnniversaryHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 100 Million UsersHappy DiwaliFan Of MIUI SpainMIUI 50 Million UsersAtaturk MourningHappy Singles' DayMIUI 4th AnniversarySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyClass A Beta TeamMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Beta Team VIPPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerSenior Beta TesterAndroid GuruStar Of IconsMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatUpdates LoverForum Contest LoverMIUI Global Forum 2014Inbox ZeroYouth PledgeOTA FeedbackMost Active MIUIerMIUI Twitter FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanHumor Master

07:09, May-08-2014 | From PC
|
After you manually entered the service center number did it stick? or if you go back it's blank again?
I would try 2 things if i were you; first insert the sim card in another phone to see if you hae the same problem.
If in another phone it works i would make a nandroid backup in recovery and then wipe data, cache and dalvik to have the phone as if it was new. And without installing any app try to see if it works.
This way we can try find out if the culprit of this behaviour is your sim card, your rom or your phone...

Credits
Device
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 08:22, May-08-2014 | From PC
|
This post was edited by MarcoftheNorth at 08:37, May-08-2014

I inserted it into my I phone wait no its working It delivered the text message. I am currently reading how to do nandoid backup

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi
Online time
454 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi BoxMi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesAwesome!Fantastic!MIUI 2015FlashholicI Love MIUIRedmiXiaomi Mi 4Thanksgiving DayDiwali 300K Forum Members1st AnniversaryHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 100 Million UsersHappy DiwaliFan Of MIUI SpainMIUI 50 Million UsersAtaturk MourningHappy Singles' DayMIUI 4th AnniversarySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyClass A Beta TeamMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Beta Team VIPPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerSenior Beta TesterAndroid GuruStar Of IconsMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatUpdates LoverForum Contest LoverMIUI Global Forum 2014Inbox ZeroYouth PledgeOTA FeedbackMost Active MIUIerMIUI Twitter FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanHumor Master

09:51, May-08-2014 | From PC
|
but could you check the sevice center in your other phone so you can see if it's the same one you used in your redmi?

Credits
Device
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 00:11, May-09-2014 | From PC
|
This post was edited by MarcoftheNorth at 00:30, May-09-2014

I will Check the service center number in the iphone tonight but I was not able to change the service center number on my xiomi phone as I kept getting update error. I will figure out how to wipe data I have made a backup using 2 different ways the snapea backup and using the app on the xiomi phone FYI I have a Mi3 not the redmi.

FYI to change the Service center number I used the following method:
When to phone information using the code*#*#4636*#*#
then navigated to--> phone info on the bottom it has SMSC I entered number but get update error am I doing this correctly or is this the wrong place to enter the number?

Side NOte*
Sorry about my crapy explanations and not giving best information Im currently in alot of pain and am finding extremely hard to focus on anything frustrating more then 5 min please be patient with me.

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi
Online time
454 Hours
Send PM

09:03, May-09-2014 | From PC
|
I know you have a Mi3
Maybe you could try changing the service center in:
messaging - menu button settings - advanced - SMS center number
Don't worry about your explanations, i think i understand
Take care

Credits
Device
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 12:57, May-09-2014 | From PC
|
This post was edited by MarcoftheNorth at 13:16, May-09-2014
rocco6 replied at 2014-5-9 09:03
I know you have a Mi3
Maybe you could try changing the service center in:
messaging - menu  ...

Originaly that's exactly what I tried to do and every time I clicked on the button SMS center number it said something like the following " could not connect to network please check your network connection and try again." In that method I had no way to input a number I only got the message so thats why I turn to phone information method to see if that would work and indeed it allowed me to enter a number but I continued to get error update error. So because I thinking this is definitely something complex or high level that would take 3 days to figure out how to fix it manually I took the easy route I used the follwing:( FYI note that the following will wipe your phone completely to it's original format out of the box before preforming I am not responsible for lost deleted or anyproblems you have doing this.)
Wipe all User date using MI recover system 2.0.1 do the following
1- Shutdown phone
2- Hold the power and +volume button until MI logo appears then release
3- Click the Wipe all User data
4- Click the Reboot

Text messaging will now work YAH! thank god I dont even care that I have to re-download google play and all the requirements. I do seem to be missing my En Baidu keyboard seems like it disapeared and am using the google Pinyin wich sucks. Things to Note after the reboot I can click on the SMS center button through the advanced message app settings and now can input a number but the correct one pops up anyways :) ( to me seems like software issue)

Ok so I'm not sure what caused the problem but my guesse is I downloaded something on google play that caused the problem specifically It may have been one of these programs I can't be sure as I don't have the install dates :( cause I hadn't made a recent backup:

Messages +,Contacts +,Dialer +, Skyvi ( directly related to mms)
Non related programes : POF ,SayHi

Anyways if you feel like experimenting and finding this bug I'm pretty sure one of those apps will do it, otherwise I have no idea.

Hey I was also wondering I have noticed that POF when download on google play will not launch but when downloaded from Mi market it launchs but if auto update is enabled ( google play will preform the update ) this breaks the app any clues as to why I have to download from the Mi market?)

Another strange thing incase you happen to know I've noticed that I can't download apps unless I'm on wifi--> Is this a setting I can disable?( I found the answer to that one in the following :only downloads on wifi change the settin.. )

One last question which blew me away this morning I got a call from someone claiming to be my carrier (voicemail) they said to call them back and they would help me fix my text messaging problem I was perplexed by this as I never submited any question about text messaging to anyone at any point except on this site. But WAIT! I did use the MI Feedback app and clicked on one the icons and submited that I had a problem with my text messaging....... HOw in the Hell did someone get my phone number my carrier and my name and call me back with a solution to my problem wtf doesn't that seem a little crazy, how the hell does that app work?

Sorry about taking the easy route out I hope it still shed's more light for you as to the original problem. I wish I had taken a picture of the LOgs for the phone oh well live and learn thanks for your help.
Now I will remeber that screen pic is "-Volume + Menu simultaneously" in case a new xiomi person is reading this.

Thanks again

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi
Online time
454 Hours
Send PM

22:22, May-09-2014 | From PC
|
I'm glad you managed to get sms working!
I tried downloading POF from play store at indeed it FC's when opened. I guess the one in mi market is an older version that worked, so disable google play store auto -updates and let's wait for POF to fix their app.
As for the call you recived, it might have been your carrier detecting you were having trouble sending sms... Since you got it fixed, they shuldn't bother you again.
And don't worry about the log thingy, the important thing is your phone is working as it should

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
18:30, Aug-19-2014 | From PC
|
rocco6 replied at 2014-5-9 22:22
I'm glad you managed to get sms working!
I tried downloading POF from play store at indeed it FC's w ...

Hi,

I am from India using MI3. I was havin the same problem so tried the approach.
Still the problem exists and over it all the Google Apps and vanished and not working.
Please help.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 1S
Online time
94 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMi KeyMi BandI Love MIUIAwesome!Fantastic!MIUI 2015MIUI 6Mi PadMi 3RedmiRedmi 1SMi 2MIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From PhilippinesDiwali Happy DiwaliThanksgiving DayFan Of MIUI India300K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Star Of IconsMost Active MIUIerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Die-hard MIUI FanMIUI Global Forum 2014Debate MasterAndroid GuruRedmi Quiz MasterHumor Master

22:11, Sep-24-2014 | From PC
|
great its fixed

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list