500 Km on Ninebot

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
2882 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi Portable WiFiMi BoxMi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power BankMi Power Bank 10000MAH Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIAwesome!FlashholicMIUI 2015Fantastic!MIUI 6MIUI 8RedmiMi TVRedmi 1SRedmi NoteMi 3Mi 5Xiaomi Mi 4300K Forum Members1700K Forum Members1400K Forum MembersMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From Indonesia100k Forum MembersMIUI 30 Million UsersMIUI English Forum 2013MIUI V5 ReviewFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeMi Live MedalFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu 1st AnniversaryMIUI HalloweenFan Of MIUI BangladeshFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from TurkeySingapore BirthdayHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 100 Million UsersOlympics MedalPokemon Master MedalDiwali Happy DiwaliMid-Autumn FestivalHilal Ramadan Thanksgiving DayHappy Singles' DayAtaturk MourningMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From PhilippinesI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Device TeamMIUI Porting TeamMost Active MIUIerAndroid GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeForum Contest LoverMIUI FB FollowerInbox ZeroYouth PledgeDie-hard MIUI FanOTA FeedbackMIUI Global Forum 2014Most Productive Porting DeveloperRedmi Note 3 ExplorerMi Lover MedalAndroid ElfSuper MIUI ThemeMost Popular Porting DeveloperRingtone Star Pioneer of MIUI English Forum Technology GuruMaster Of TechnologyStar Of IconsMIUI ExpertListed in Official Download PageMIUI Medals CollectorStar Of TechnologyMIUI FollowerRecognized MIUI Porting DevHumor MasterMIUI Community VIPUpdates Lover

[Interview] [MIUI INTERVIEW] Interview with Nanana (THE CREATOR OF MIUI ENGLISH FORUM)

[ Promote]
11386 239 |
17:27, May-06-2014
| |
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by helloansuman at 20:46, Jan-22-2015

I am presenting you

the most exciting Interview ever

with

MIUI Forum (English) Creator and The Admin

Designation: Operation manager

I don't have to introduce who is she, as we all know her a lot. Some may not know but she is the creator of this forum and the team leader of this forum. Its my honor that I can get an oppurtunity to take her interview. The interview was so exciting. So without making you wait for long, let's start the main conversasion during the interview. I know all of your are excited to know her.

Q1.   What is your real name, meaning of the name, age, home town?

Wow, the first question is all about my secrets. Can I keep my age as a secret?
LOL. My name is Wu Na. Wu is the family name. Na means something wonderful in Chinese.
And I'm from Shandong Province, China.

Q2.  Why your forum name is "Nanana"? Who is that child in your forum avatar and in QQ?

Because my Chinese name is "Na". Most of my friends call me "Nana" here. I wanted to register an ID called Nana, but it was taken. So I added another Na, making it Nanana. The kid in my avatar is just a kid I found via google. I thought this kid was very cute, so I made this picture as my avatar.

Q3.   What are your hobbies?

Oh, hobbies. I love watching TV series, films, and listening to music.

Q4. What are your favorite music, movie, game? What do you like to watch on tv?

TV:
As for TV series, I love American dramas. I've been following such dramas as Babby Daddy, Devious Maids, Shameless, Modern family, The Big Bang Theroy, 2 Broke girls, Under the Dome. Wow, so many US TV series.
Music:
I love R&B and punk rock music. My favorite R&B singer is Jay Zhou. He's very famous in China. As for punk rock, I love many bands, like Simple Plan, Green Day, Linkin Park and  singer Craig David.
I have 10GB of music data in my computer when I was studying. But don't have too much time listening to music now.
We go to KTV sometimes for team building. All of the admins can sing.
Movies:
I like comedy movies. Want to relax by watching a movie.
Games:
I don't really play games. I used to love football game.

Q5. What you do usually with your mobile other then call?

Listening to music, checking social media and MIUI forum, and watching videos,
Oh, and take photos of interesting or beautiful things. Don't take selfies too much.

Q6. Have you visited any foreign countries outside China? Do you have any planning in near future? (From tangmoe and matmuhendisi)

No. But I'm going to Singapore this week for the MIUI fan meetup. I guess I'll go to more countries to meet MIUIers as Xiaomi is growing fast and expanding to different countries. India is in the plan.

Q7. Have you done MBA, as you are managing the forum so well also you speak English very well?

Wow, thank you. I'm trying my best to improve and do more things for MIUIers.  No, I haven't done MBA. My major is English, to be specific, it's Linguistics and Applied Linguistics. (Master degree)

Q8. When, why and how you join Xiaomi?Please describe.

I joined Xiaomi in Feb,2011. I worked in Kingsoft before I came to Xiaomi. As you may know, Lei Jun is both the president of Kingsoft and founder of Xiaomi. Many of the earlier employees of Xiaomi are from Kingsoft. I'm one of them. I was a product manager for the software called PowerWord.

Q9. What are your specific roles in the forum? Do you have any other work in Xiaomi other than forum management?  How much time do you devote in the forum as an administrator? (MikaDee and Wavezz)

My role? Hmm, my job to solve problems and make the forum bigger and better. I and my team (all of the admins) also work for fan sites, translation, social media of MIUI ROM and so on.

When I joined Xiaomi, there was no English web site or forum for international users. So I created the site and forum you're using now. I used to focus on the Chinese forum miui.com.
I noticed lots of international users would like a forum, so I asked my boss if we could build one. And then we did it.

There might be still many problems, but we're really making progress. And trying my best to fight for better experience for international users. And I really want to thank all mods, and all special members of different team for their hard work. I cannot make this happen and work without your devotion and help.

I'm checking the forum all the time except when I'm asleep.

Q10. What was the most challenging task of forum management till now for you?

I would like to get more people know MIUI ROM as soon as possible.
But the forum is not big enough for now. So I hope every member here can help us spread the news, so that we can achieve our goal much faster.

Q11. What do you enjoy the most while working for MIUI? (From jellytelly)

I would not know u if i don't do this job, right? That's the fun part.

Q12. What is the relation and differences between Xiaomi and MIUI? Can you please clarify?

Xiaomi is the name of our company. MIUI is one of the departments

Q13. Does Xiaomi or MIUI Dev team has any impact “what users of MIUI forum want”? (From Choc4J)

Yeah, of course. We often ask opinions of users and make some changes accordingly.
We do this good in Chinese forum, because we don't have a special team for English ROM for now.

Q14.  According to you which group of the forum introduces MIUI to more number of new users?

I think porting team maybe, because their roms bring us a lot of users. I'm very grateful for every person who contributes to the forum. Every team has its own advantage.

Q15. You are working under whom? I mean whom you report to?

His ID in Chinese forum is 扫地僧.

Q16. Have Xiaomi ever thought of giving monetary help to the talented MIUI devotees, who are working day and night indirectly for the growth of Xiaomi? If not, can you deliver this message to Xiaomi head? (Request from Porting team members, Designers, Admins of MIUI Fan Sites.)

As I mentioned, the theme store is a good platform for designers. But designers need to have a bank account in China to sell themes for now. But we're working to make it available internationally. We need time you know. Before we can offer monetary help like this, I'm trying my best to award these talented people in the forum. You may see many contests and assessment awards going on.

As for miui fan sites, for now, we're offering every fan site the latest device to help them with rom development. But i know it's not enough.

We'll have better policies in the future.

AND HERE IS THE MOST EXCITING PART
THE PHOTO OF
"Wu Na"

IMG_20140506_140240.jpg
(Photo: Using MI3)

Hope all must get to know Wu Na better now. Hope I can cover all questions on your mind. If not sorry for that.

At last my sincere gratitude to,
  • Wu Na for letting me take her interview, patience and time.
  • AilsaZ for her continuous support.

So who is the next person you want to know? Please comment your views.

You can also read previous Interviews:

Favorite14 Share

Rated by 96 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

Lixar22 + 1 <font><font>¡Gracias!</fo
andar0606 + 2 Awesome!
Ogait + 10 + 3 Awesome!
moechsyn + 1 Fantastic!
Sadique + 5 Fantastic!
feds64 + 10 + 3 Awesome!
a3999jose + 5 Great!
Doraha_Raman + 10 + 3 Awesome!
sudhakarcool + 10 + 3 Love to see the thread :)
586546662 + 1 Fantastic!
varunrahul + 1 Awesome!
gunaxolo + 5 Fantastic!
Oemar + 1 Great!
MiAbhinav + 1 Great!
Kifayat + 5 Great!
prasadg83 + 5 Awesome!
Ammar-M + 1 Fantastic!
KingKhan + 1 Great!
zumoku + 1 Great!
mallikarjun + 1 Fantastic!
RickkYeZ95 + 5 Awesome!
muharrem + 1 Great!
AMIT143 + 2 Great!
Sukanjan + 5 Great!
fundj112 + 6 + 1 Awesome!
Avira07 + 2 Great!
harimau + 2 Fantastic!

Experience +383  Prestige +40  View Rating Log

Administrator

Flashing

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
5223 Hours
Send PM

Mi MIXMi HomeMIUI 2016I Love MIUIFantastic!Awesome!Mi TVThanksgiving DayDiwali MIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI 3rd AnniversaryMIUI 20 Million Users2014 ChristmasMIUI Fan From NepalMIUI Forum App1800K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Fan From SingaporeI Love Mi BunnyOTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum Die-hard MIUI Fan

17:35, May-06-2014
|
Thank you, helloansuman! I hope I've given you some useful info.

Comment

feds64 Support: 5 Objection: 0 You are very charming and you made a lovely place (forum) for all of usbfans.  17:14, Apr-18-2016
Doraha_Raman nana you are awesome  17:44, Apr-07-2016
scitech_india Support: 10 Object:0 so Nice information is shared  10:48, Sep-11-2014
etchaw LOL, Before this interview I thought Nanana was a man soory for the mistake , anyway you are very beautiful :)  00:02, May-07-2014
twisted Support: 0 so exciting to see nanana's pic~hahaha~  19:17, May-06-2014

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

RickkYeZ95 + 5 娜娜娜 很漂亮!!!

Experience +5  View Rating Log

Retired Administrator

Credits
Device
Mi 4S
MIUI Version
Online time
1660 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi Power BankMi MIXMIUI 2015Fantastic!MIUI 6MIUI 7Redmi NoteMi 4iMi PadRedmi 2Mi 2MIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI 4th AnniversaryDiwali Singapore BirthdayMIUI Fan from IndiaThanksgiving DayHappy Valentine's Day500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI IndiaGamer Mi BunnyMIUI News TeamYouth PledgeForum Contest LoverMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Ice Bucket Challenge

17:44, May-06-2014
|
The most fantastic MIUI Interview EVER!

Comment

prasadg83 who is next?derica?  17:11, Dec-26-2014
scitech_india Support: 5 Object :0so excited to see nana mams , mam i want your interview soon  11:13, Sep-11-2014
nob1.ch3n how bout you next? hahaha! :)  17:59, May-06-2014

Supreme Member

500 Km on Ninebot

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
2882 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi Portable WiFiMi BoxMi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power BankMi Power Bank 10000MAH Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIAwesome!FlashholicMIUI 2015Fantastic!MIUI 6MIUI 8RedmiMi TVRedmi 1SRedmi NoteMi 3Mi 5Xiaomi Mi 4300K Forum Members1700K Forum Members1400K Forum MembersMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From Indonesia100k Forum MembersMIUI 30 Million UsersMIUI English Forum 2013MIUI V5 ReviewFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeMi Live MedalFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu 1st AnniversaryMIUI HalloweenFan Of MIUI BangladeshFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from TurkeySingapore BirthdayHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 100 Million UsersOlympics MedalPokemon Master MedalDiwali Happy DiwaliMid-Autumn FestivalHilal Ramadan Thanksgiving DayHappy Singles' DayAtaturk MourningMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From PhilippinesI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Device TeamMIUI Porting TeamMost Active MIUIerAndroid GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeForum Contest LoverMIUI FB FollowerInbox ZeroYouth PledgeDie-hard MIUI FanOTA FeedbackMIUI Global Forum 2014Most Productive Porting DeveloperRedmi Note 3 ExplorerMi Lover MedalAndroid ElfSuper MIUI ThemeMost Popular Porting DeveloperRingtone Star Pioneer of MIUI English Forum Technology GuruMaster Of TechnologyStar Of IconsMIUI ExpertListed in Official Download PageMIUI Medals CollectorStar Of TechnologyMIUI FollowerRecognized MIUI Porting DevHumor MasterMIUI Community VIPUpdates Lover

Author| 17:37, May-06-2014
|
Nanana replied at 2014-5-6 14:35
Thank you, helloansuman! I hope I've given you some useful info.

Welcome and thanks  Na. All must be happy by knowing you more...

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi Max 32GB
MIUI Version
V8.2.3.0.MBCMIDL
Online time
875 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMi HomeMi WiFi RouterYeelight Bedside LampMi BoxMi Portable WiFiMi BandMi KeyMi Power BankMi In-Ear HeadphonesMIUI 6MIUI 2016Fantastic!Awesome!MIUI 7I Love MIUIMIUI 2015MIUI 8FlashholicMi Max Mi TVMi 4iRedmi NoteMi Note ProXiaomi Mi 4Redmi 2Mi NoteRedmi Note 2Redmi 1SMi 4cMi 3Redmi300K Forum MembersMIUI HalloweenDiwali Happy Singles' DayHappy DiwaliMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From PhilippinesHilal Ramadan MIUI 4th AnniversarySingapore BirthdayMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI 30 Million UsersMIUI Font Lover90000 Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI 3rd AnniversaryMIUI English Forum 2013100k Forum Members1st AnniversaryThanksgiving DayUEFA EURO MedalPokemon Master Medal1 Million Forum MembersMerry Christmas800K Forum Members1500K Forum Members1400K Forum MembersMIUI Lucky FridaySurge S1MIUI World TourMIUI Marathon MedalFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 5th Anniversary700K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From Brazil600K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan from Turkey2014 ChristmasI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopSummer Mi BunnyMIUI News TeamYouth PledgeMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatHumor MasterTechnology GuruOTA FeedbackAndroid GuruMost Active MIUIerMIUI Global Forum 2014Scroll Of WisdomDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI KingAndroid ElfMi Lover MedalForum Contest LoverApp StarMIUI FollowerMi Bunny Game Master Mi TalentUpdates LoverPioneer of MIUI English Forum Star Of IconsMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI FB FollowerRingtone Star Star MIUI News Team MemberMIUI Wallpaper ContestDebate Master

17:46, May-06-2014
|
great! young and dangerous!

next derica please

Rated by 2 people   Experience Reason  

rajen77 + 1 Thanks!
Matrak06 + 1 Agreed!

Experience +2  View Rating Log

To know MI is to love MI (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)

(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥

Supreme Member

500 Km on Ninebot

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
2882 Hours
Send PM

Author| 17:52, May-06-2014
|
nob1.ch3n replied at 2014-5-6 14:46
great! young and dangerous!

next derica please

Derica be ready... Ha ha ha.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
MIUI Version
V8.1.6.0.MBFMIDI
Online time
57 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 50 Million UsersFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI 4th Anniversary3 Million Forum App InstallsRooster Year of 2017MIUI 2017500K Forum MembersMIUI News TeamPioneer of MIUI English Forum Android GuruMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI Follower

17:53, May-06-2014
|
Great and really interesting interview! Well done from both sides :)

Comment

Nanana Thanks :D  17:58, May-06-2014

Supreme Member

500 Km on Ninebot

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
2882 Hours
Send PM

Author| 17:56, May-06-2014
|
ingvvi replied at 2014-5-6 14:53
Great and really interesting interview! Well done from both sides :)

thanks...

Supreme Member

500 Km on Ninebot

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
2882 Hours
Send PM

Author| 17:56, May-06-2014
|
AilsaZ replied at 2014-5-6 14:44
The most fantastic MIUI Interview EVER!

thanks a lot

Mi India Product Team

Founder - MIUI India fan site

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
813 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandI Love MIUIAwesome!Mi 3Mi 2RedmiMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI 4th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI IndiaI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta team - IndiaPioneer of MIUI English Forum App StarMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Community VIPMIUI Global Forum 2014Most Active MIUIerMIUI ExpertMIUI FollowerAndroid GuruOTA Feedback

17:57, May-06-2014
|
LOL Wu na, funny story behind your forum name.

And You are most welcome in India. We are here to welcome you.

Comment

scitech_india Support: 5 Objection: 0 :Nice  11:17, Sep-11-2014
Nanana Support: 5 Objection: 0 Thank you :D  17:57, May-06-2014

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

gurukiran + 5 Great!

Experience +5  View Rating Log

Follow me on Facebook :  LINK
MIUI India fan site : : LINK

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list