[REVIEW] A moderator's review on MIUI for the Nexus 7 II

[ Promote]
942 2 |
10:40, May-06-2014 | Via mobile
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by r3pwn at 04:21, May-06-2014

Hello, all! I am r3pwn, one of your new moderators here. If its okay with all of you, I would like to publish my own little review of MIUI for our device.

- Hello, I'm your new tablet!
When most users turn on their tablet or smartphone for the first time after flashing a ROM, they are faced with the standard Google Apps authentication process (because, who doesn't flash Google apps?), but after booting into MIUI, it feels different. Right from the start you can tell that's its not just your old "Average Joe" ROM, like some others that just seem to be a clash of random features. No, this ROM is different. After the initial setup process, you are faced with two options, figure stuff out for yourself (yes, I'm looking at you, reversed soft-keys), or look stuff up online (that's no fun... :/). Being the slight programmer/technological enthusiast that I am, I began to dig through the settings menus (which look very nice, by the way) and immediately fixed my two main complaints: the reversed soft-keys and the Chinese Keyboard. Yes, there are a few bugs besides that, but EVERYTHING has its bugs. Yes, some of the features aren't complete, but what would you expect, it's only recently been released. I have had quite some time to play with it and the ONLY reason I keep it in MultiROM instead of as my daily driver is because I prefer built-in alarms instead of relying on third-party software.

I hope you all liked my little (well, that's debatable) review! Leave your questions or comments below! :D

EDIT: Screenshots added!
Screenshot_2014-05-06-05-15-45.png
Screenshot_2014-05-06-05-16-08.png
Screenshot_2014-05-06-05-16-27.png
Screenshot_2014-05-06-05-17-15.png
Screenshot_2014-05-06-05-17-52.png
Favorite1 Share

Rated by 2 people   Experience Reason  

chongjc + 5 Great!
KateZ + 8 Awesome!

Experience +13  View Rating Log

Supreme Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note
MIUI Version
JHECNBE23.0
Online time
672 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 6Mi 2RedmiRedmi Note300K Forum Members1st AnniversaryMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI Fan From SingaporeI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Device TeamAndroid GuruMIUI ExpertMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatTechnology GuruMIUI Device ExpertMIUI Photography GuruStar Of MIUI Device TeamMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Humor MasterMIUI Photography Team MemberApp StarMIUI SuperstarRedmi Quiz MasterMaster Of Technology

11:08, May-06-2014 | From PC
|
Nice job, r3pwn! Can you add some screenshots?

Credits
Device
Nexus 7II
MIUI Version
Online time
12 Hours
Send PM

MIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum

Author| 17:13, May-06-2014 | Via mobile
|
Yes, I can!

Credits Management