Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
V9.1.1.0.NAAMIEI
Online time
199 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi  BunnyMi In-Ear HeadphonesXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 2016MIUI 8FlashholicMarshmallowFantastic!MIUI 7Awesome!MIUI 2015I Love MIUIMi 5Mi 4iXiaomi Mi 4Mi PadRedmi 21 Million Forum MembersFan of MIUI MyanmarXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMerry ChristmasXiaomi 5th AnniversaryUEFA EURO Medal2100K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshSuper Thursday10 Million Forum Posts1500K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppHilal Ramadan Thanksgiving DayMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan from IndiaI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Star Of IconsScroll Of WisdomHumor MasterPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Story TellerStar Of TechnologyMIUI ExpertYouth PledgeMIUI FollowerRedmi Quiz MasterMi Lover MedalMi Bunny Game Master Forum Contest LoverDie-hard MIUI FanMost Popular Forum UserRingtone TalentAndroid ElfMost Active MIUIerDebate MasterInbox ZeroAndroid GuruMi Talent

[Tips & Tutorials] How to install a recovery from fastboot on any device (unlocked bootloader)

[ Promote]
21178 826 |
13:01, Jan-02-2016 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by its_k2_4u at 11:28, Jul-04-2016

Please note, I did not find similar guide in the forum so started this thread to help fellow MIUIers. This thread is for everyone who want to flash the recovery from fastboot. This is my personal preference. It might not be easy for others, but many of you will find it extremely easy. Also note that I am not a developer of any of the files and zips attached. All the credits to original authors and developers for their fantabulous work.
Steps:-
  • Download the following zip file and extract it.
      Please reply to view this thread.
  • Then download the image file of the recovery you want to flash.(Joining links at the end for convinience)
  • Then enable developer options on the phone by going into about phone settings and then tapping the build number 7 times continuosly.
  • After enabling the developer options, enable USB debugging in developer options.
  • Connect the phone to the pc and check always allow in the pop up. This step is to ensure that you have proper working USB drivers. If you are not able to connect the phone, please install proper USB drivers. Search a little for it on net if you dont know how to do it. Disconnect the phone after checking and setup.
  • Then turn off the phone and enter into the fastboot mode. It is accessible by pressing power key and volume down keys at a time on Xiaomi phone. Keep them pressed until you see fastboot logo.
  • Now connect the phone through USB to the PC.
  • Open the platform tools folder i.e. the extracted folder from above zip file.
  • Press shift and right click at same time in the above folder to see the advanced options and then select "open command window here". IMG_20160102_095908.jpg
  • Then type fastboot devices and press enter in the command window opened, you should be able to see your device there. Joining screenshot for reference. Check fastboot devices.JPG
  • If you are not able to see your device, then reconnect it. If still you are not able to find it, then please update your USB drivers properly.
  • After you see your device, its the time to flash the image file you already copied to the folder. Then type fastboot flash recovery recovery file name.img & then press enter. You can refer the following image for your reference. If you find the script as OKAY and then finished, means you successfully flashed the recovery. Here I used Redmi 2 as the test model. I renamed the file as recovery.img for convinience. Fastboot flash recovery.JPG

Here are links to various threads from where you can download the recovery images for your Xiaomi devices .
1) Mi 4
[RECOVERY] [Mi 4] [CWM & TWRP]
2) Redmi 2/Prime[RECOVERY] [Redmi 2/Prime]

Please note that, the above method does not work for Redmi Note 3 which has locked bootloader by default. It is first Xiaomi device recently to do so.
Favorite32 Share

Rated by 22 people   Experience Reason  

paulpgk + 2 Great!
Pawel84 + 1 Thanks!
dioclesus + 1 Awesome!
DamianDabrowa + 1 Thanks!
Magnat_tmb + 1 Thanks!
moeztuerk + 2 Thanks!
andrey@records + 2 Awesome!
Wolfi70 + 2 Awesome!
thaimax69 + 1 Great!
run4health + 1 Thanks!
uPaclan3 + 1 Thanks! Many many thanks
1596225176 + 1 Great!
vedat + 1 Thanks!
a3999jose + 2 Thanks!
kompressor177 + 1 Thanks!
husty84 + 1 Thanks!
Dasari5 + 1 Thanks!
nikeandre + 1 Thanks!
顿涅茨克1 + 1 Thanks!
Findmenowzero + 2 Fantastic!
KP420 + 1 Great!
sk904 + 1 Awesome!

Experience +28  View Rating Log

Click here to know How to install a recovery from fastboot on any device
Current Devices:- Mi 5, Redmi Note 4, Mi Pad 1...
Past:- Mi 4, Mi 4i, Redmi 2,2P, Mi 3, htc 820. Zenfone 5, Xperia ZL,Galaxy Grand, Sony LWW,Lumia 525

Credits
Device
Redmi 2
MIUI Version
V7.1.1.0.KHJMICK
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM

Merry Christmas1 Million Forum Members

21:43, Jan-04-2016 | From PC
|
I follow your threads.. I like your work.. Awesome work.. Simple and easy to perform guides. Thanks a lot..

Comment

its_k2_4u Thanks for the appreciation..  21:48, Jan-04-2016

Rated by 2 people   Experience Reason  

KP420 + 1 Agreed!
its_k2_4u + 2 Agreed!

Experience +3  View Rating Log

Gold Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM

Happy New Year1 Million Forum Members

22:21, Jan-04-2016 | From PC
|
any device except redmi note 3 that is

MIUI 9 Alpha Team - China

Credits
Device
Mi 4
MIUI Version
Online time
340 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi  BunnyMi KeyMIUI 2015MIUI 8I Love MIUIMIUI 7MIUI 2016Xiaomi Mi 4Xiaomi 6th AnniversaryUEFA EURO MedalMIUI Fan From VietnamMid-Autumn FestivalI Love 20161 Million Forum App InstallsHappy New Year1400K Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersMIUI 300 WeeksI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI Beta TeamUpdates LoverOTA FeedbackAndroid GuruDebate MasterMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI FollowerMi Lover MedalMaster Of TechnologyStar Of TechnologyMIUI FB FollowerMr. DependableWallpaper ExpertDie-hard MIUI FanForum Contest LoverAndroid Elf

22:22, Jan-04-2016 | From PC
|
Thanks

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
7 Hours
Send PM
23:39, Jan-04-2016 | From PC
|
ok i will try

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 2 Prime
MIUI Version
V8.5.1.0.LHMMIED
Online time
12 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!Debate Master

05:17, Jan-05-2016 | From PC
|
Going to try

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4G
MIUI Version
V7.1.1.0.KHIMICK
Online time
14 Hours
Send PM
10:34, Jan-05-2016 | From PC
|
nice !!

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
8 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 8Fantastic!Redmi Note 2800K Forum MembersXiaomi 6th Anniversary1 Million Forum MembersMi Lover Medal

14:41, Jan-05-2016 | From PC
|
Awesome Guide......

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 2
MIUI Version
V9.0.3.0.NCFMIEI
Online time
12 Hours
Send PM
17:26, Jan-05-2016 | From PC