This post was edited by vincent_khoo at 16:32, Oct-11-2016 |
Unlocking tool supported devices:
Mi 4c, Redmi Note 3, Mi Note Pro, Redmi 3, Mi 4S, Mi 5 and Mi devices launched in the year 2016 onwards
1. Due to large amounts of requests, please wait for 10-12 days after submitting your application. If you haven't get any info after 10-12 days, please post a thread here with your Mi account number: http://en.miui.com/type-64-717.html , we will check it for you. Thanks for understanding
2. The unlocking procedure only supports MIUI China developer version (6.1.12 or later version) currently. MIUI China stable version will get supported in future updates
3. Some Mi Note Pro users could not unlock bootloader after updating to 6.1.12. This issue has been solved.
Unlocking Bootloader Procedure:
You must be on Developer ROM to unlock your device. If you're on MIUI China Stable then please download MIUI China Developer ROM. If you're on MIUI Global Stable then please proceed and download MIUI Global Developer ROM.
1.Download zip file (recovery file) of Official MIUI China developer ROM/ Official MIUI Global Developer ROM for your device. Go to Updater app, press the three dot on upper right corner, and select 'Choose update package'. Choose the zip file you just put in phone storage. The update will wipe all user data, please make backup beforehand.
2. Log into the Mi account which has acquired unlocking permission on your device
3. Turn off your device, press the Power button and Volume - button at the same time to enter bootloader mode
4. Log into the unlocking tool on PC with the same Mi account. Connect the device with the PC using USB cable
5. Press 'Unlock'. The unlocking process will complete in about 10 seconds
After unlocking bootloader, users will be able to flash fastboot ROMs and custom ROMs. The unlocked device will be marked in the official service end. Users could lock bootloader again by flashing official MIUI ROMs. (This will need to use fastboot oem lock. Please note to flash offcial MIUI ROMs, otherwise your system won't be able to start)
1. After getting unlocking permission for a Mi account, users can unlock the verified device immediately. One Mi account could only unlock one device within 30 days
2. Users could require for unlocking permission in this site: http://en.miui.com/unlock/
3. If a prompt says that the current account is not logged into a connected device. Please log in with this account on the device that needs to be unlocked
4. If your device is encrypted, unlocking bootloader will wipe all user data. Please perform a backup beforehand5. If your application has been rejected, please try to apply again later. And please input the real reason that you want to unlock your device in Chinese or English. Don't copy and paste others' unlocking reasons.
Unlocking Tool Download:
(2.01 MB, Downloads: 221424)
About Locking Bootloader for Mi Devices: Announcement & ExplanationMi Devices Bootloader Unlocking FAQ: Announcement, Troubleshoot, and Tips