This post was edited by vincent_khoo at 13:33, Mar-02-2017 |
Unlocking tool supported devices:
Mi 4c, Redmi Note 3, Mi Note Pro, Redmi 3, Mi 4S, Mi 5 and Mi devices launched in the year 2016 onwards
Important Changes Regarding Unlocking Bootloader Application Status And Reason
Please provide the real reasons why you want to unlock your phone in English. Copied reasons from other tutorials might cause your unlock application to be rejected.
Examples of copied reason which will cause your application fail immediately
- to install localized firmware
- 我明白解锁的设置 它给我的介绍是 重新设置我的原本语言 谢谢
- If your application is rejected then do reapply again on the unlocking site http://miui.com/unlock/apply.php?retry=1
- If the download webpage is shown instead of rejected message means you’ve been approved.
Unlocking Bootloader Procedure
China & Global Stable and Developer ROM (new)
Please make sure you're on official MIUI ROM to unlock
What you should do after received the approval SMS?
1) Settings---> About phone---> MIUI Version (Tap on it to enable developer option), this option is available in MIUI 8.1 onwards. After you've enabled developer option then head towards:
Settings---> Additional settings---> Developer option and bind your approved Mi account under Mi Unlock Status.
2. Log into the Mi account which has acquired unlocking permission on your device
3. Turn off your device, press the Power button and Volume - button at the same time to enter bootloader mode
4. Log into the unlocking tool on PC with the same Mi account. Connect the device with the PC using USB cable
5. Press 'Unlock'. The unlocking process will complete in about 10 seconds
After unlocking bootloader, users will be able to flash fastboot ROMs and custom ROMs. The unlocked device will be marked in the official service end. Users could lock bootloader again by flashing official MIUI ROMs. (This will need to use fastboot oem lock. Please note to flash offcial MIUI ROMs, otherwise your system won't be able to start)
Kedacom USB device problem (new)
For those who received permission to unlock but still stuck, please check out this section. You might be facing problem due to kedacom USB problem especially for those who are using Windows 10 which causes your PC fail to detect device in fastboot mode. Download Mi Flash Here
1. Boot into fastboot mode (Hold Volume Down+Power), a Mi bunny image will be shown. Plug your device into the computer.
2. Open Device Manager and search for Kedacom USB Device, double click on Android Bootloader Interface, then click Uninstall, tick Delete Driver Software for this device then OK
3. Unplug and reconnect your phone (phone state is still in fastboot mode)
In this stage, you will see that driver is reinstalling and show Android Device as Android Bootloader Interface, once the driver finished updating it will revert back to Kedacom. The Kedacom driver won't allow you to unlock or perform any kind of fastboot commands. To solve this,
4. Double click on Android Bootloader Interface again under Kedacom again
5. Under 'Driver' tab, click Roll Back Driver, press OK
Since the driver is all right now, head towards Mi Unlock Tool and you should be able to unlock without problem now.
1. After getting unlocking permission for a Mi account, users can unlock the verified device immediately. One Mi account could only unlock one device within 30 days
2. Users could require for unlocking permission in this site: http://en.miui.com/unlock/
3. If a prompt says that the current account is not logged into a connected device. Please log in with this account on the device that needs to be unlocked
4. If your device is encrypted, unlocking bootloader will wipe all user data. Please perform a backup beforehand. If your application has been rejected, please try to apply again later. And please input the real reason that you want to unlock your device in English. Don't copy and paste others' unlocking reasons.
Unlocking Tool Download (Updated on 23/11):
(18.66 MB, Downloads: 332684)