Retired Administrator

Credits
Device
Mi 4S
Online time
1660 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi Power BankMi MIXMIUI 2015Fantastic!MIUI 6MIUI 7Redmi NoteMi 4iMi PadRedmi 2Mi 2MIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI 4th AnniversaryDiwali Singapore BirthdayMIUI Fan from IndiaThanksgiving DayHappy Valentine's Day500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI IndiaGamer Mi BunnyMIUI News TeamYouth PledgeForum Contest LoverMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Ice Bucket Challenge

[Interview] [MIUI Interview] Interview with Moderator sta-s2z

[ Promote]
10473 68 |
10:27, Apr-22-2014 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.

Hey MIUIers,

Our MIUI interview with sta-s2z has gone quite smoothly with all your questions. He is such a super star in our forum that so many users have shared their views on him. Two of the comments have been quoted here, all for your reference.

"Wow! Alex is my brother I am learning manythings from him. He is the superstar of porting team and the winner of lastporting team contest. I love you brother." (helloansuman)

"Sta-s2z work is super cool and I thank him for the Redmi ROMs he created." (discodave)

Let's get the interview exposed to you all : )

Q1: Nice to have you here, Alex. Hope everything is going well with you. Let us get our interview started with a short self-introduction from you. Shall we?

Okay. My name is Alexey Golyshin. I’m a 31 years old, living in Moscow, Russia with my wife and daughter. I’m a technical director of car audio, mobile media and tuning company in Moscow.

Alex with his daughter.jpg

Q2: How is your first experience with porting MIUI rom? How did you meet MIUI?

Not so many time ago actually. It was last summer. I bought a dual-SIM phone to merge personal SIM card with business SIM card in the one device. It was a fly iq446, local clone of Gionee gn708w. The stock firmware was not so good so I started to search a better one from already ported by some iq446 owners, but I didn’t find any stable solution. While this research I found MIUI screenshots from the different but very similar phone - AMOI N828, and tried to port it.

Q3: What was your first experience wen you ported your first rom? Were you nervous or confident about your work? Were you ready to face any of the criticism? (by Hburhani )

First attempt was very difficult, I spent about 2 or 3 days to run it. But after successful run I never switched to another firmware, it was what I wanted :) I had almost no Android experience that time, so most time I spend by reading stuff from different board and trying parallelly. My first users were my first beta testers because I always open for any critics.

Q4: Is it your virtual objective to port MIUI for every Android device, or are there some selection criteria for which some are excluded a priority?(by HisDudeness)

No, not for every device. All this time I made it for MYSELF firstly. Other ports were born because some other users asked me to port my MIUI build for their phones. It's almost impossible to blind port rom without phone in hands, so that users was my eyes and hands, it's a very hard and painful, but they was ready to brick their phones many time to get my rom :)

Q5: How many times did you brick a phone during flashing of (own) ports?(by AndroidFuchs)

From the beginning I made some changes and bug fixes to my ROM, that’s why users asked me. My MIUI builds contains many features missing in original releases for this platform. Bricked? It's almost impossible to brick phone actually :) I got boot loop hundred times but never bricked :)

Q7: How long have you begun porting? What are the devices you have ported?

More than half a year of weekly marathon with porting, fixing, improvement, more than 20000 people using my ports :) Devices I 've ported with MIUI ROM include Fly IQ446, Jiayu G4H/G4HG, Jiayu G3S/G3ST, and Ultimate rom for Xiaomi RedMi(developer version with improvements).

Alex's trophy.jpg

Q8: What's the next device you're going to port? (by ilovepunkmusic )

Actually - no any plans more. I’m just a helping hand for other porting team members :)

Q9: Do you have any tips for people who just begin to learning porting?

Try, fail, and try again (c)

Big thanks to Alex. He got my questions all answered though he had a very busy Monday. To show our appreciation, we'll award him with 30 Micredits and a VIP medal in return.

MIUI Interview list

1. Interview with helloansuman

More interviews are coming. Reply to this thread to let us know who the next interview guest is in your mind!

Favorite1 Share

Rated by 50 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

moechsyn + 1 Fantastic!
sudhakarcool + 6 Awesome!
Nurves + 5 Awesome!
106007217 + 1 Agreed!
BurnieBee + 1 Agreed!
Eiz_NamaQu + 1 Awesome!
servet + 1 Great!
Shenxinglai + 1 Fantastic!
WOLVERINE90 + 1 Great!
fidelich + 1 Great!
Barabashka + 1 Awesome!
alexa393 + 1 Fantastic!
jack_ketch + 1 Great!
izzzgoy + 1 Great!
sdkoleff + 1 Great!
sn4ke + 1 Fantastic!
swede69 + 1 Great!
Wavezz + 1 Fantastic!
schmwong + 1 Fantastic!
KateZ + 10 + 1 Awesome!
Blessedsword + 1 Great!
lyldz + 1 Great!
kodorevi8ulis + 1 Great!
suarezale + 1 Fantastic!
sta-s2z + 10 + 3 Thanks!
discodave + 5 Fantastic!
Nik_Krab + 1 Great!

Experience +134  Prestige +10  View Rating Log

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4X
Online time
3141 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMIUI 6I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 2016MIUI 2015Fantastic!4 Million Forum MembersRedmi NoteRedmi300K Forum MembersMIUI 9MIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI English Forum 2013MIUI 30 Million UsersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Forum AppMIUI Fan from IndiaMid-Autumn FestivalI Love 2016I Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Porting TeamMi Lover MedalTechnology GuruDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI ExpertMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI 8th AnniversaryAndroid GuruMaster Of TechnologyMi TalentStar Of TechnologyMIUI Global Forum 2014Pioneer of MIUI English Forum OTA FeedbackMIUI FollowerMost Popular Porting DeveloperForum Contest LoverMost Active MIUIerMIUI Community VIP

21:46, Apr-23-2014 | From PC
|
He is such a nice person you helps you out..
I once told him that he is the Wiki of MIUI..!!

Comment

scitech_india Support: 5 Objection: 0   11:19, Sep-11-2014
helloansuman truly said. "Wiki" Ask him anything, he has a reply.  21:54, Apr-23-2014
Please click [Reply] below so that I will get a Notification.

Supreme Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4i
Online time
3275 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Story TellerMi Band 2Mi HeadphonesMi HomeMi WiFi RouterMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BoxMi VRMi BandXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIFlashholicMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 2016MIUI 6MIUI 7Awesome!Fantastic!MIUI 2015Xiaomi Mi 4Mi 4iMi PadRedmiMi 1Mi 34 Million Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Rocket to FutureMIUI 20 Million Users2014 ChristmasFan Of  MIUI Azerbaijan90000 Forum Members500K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 91st AnniversaryMIUI 3rd Anniversary100k Forum MembersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 30 Million UsersMIUI English Forum 2013Thanksgiving DayHappy Singles' DayAtaturk Mourning300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From Brazil3500K Forum Members2100K Forum MembersDiwali Super SundaySuper MondayMIUI 7th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI BangladeshI Love 2016Puzzle MasterSuper ThursdayMIUI Lucky FridayRingolicious Medal1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 4th AnniversaryHappy DiwaliSuper SaturdayMIUI 5th Anniversary700K Forum Members600K Forum MembersMIUI Forum App1 Million Forum MembersMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan From Singapore800K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta Team VIPMIUI ReviewMIUI Beta TeamMIUI ExpertMIUI Weekly Devices QuizStar Of IconsMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid GuruMIUI 8th AnniversaryMIUI Medals CollectorStar Bug FinderMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI Translation ContributorDebate MasterMi TalentMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerMi Lover MedalStar Of TechnologyMi Bunny Game Master Most Active MIUIerMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMi Story TellerMIUI KingMIUI Community VIPAndroid ElfMr. DependableMIUI FollowerBest ArticleStar Of  MIUI Beta TeamSuper ModeratorSenior Beta TesterForum Contest LoverPioneer of MIUI English Forum Youth PledgeDie-hard MIUI FanUpdates LoverOTA Feedback

10:37, Apr-22-2014 | Via mobile
|
Thanks for your invaluable contributions to MIUI. request if you could create newbie guide for porting for wannabe members please

Administrator

Flashing

Credits
Device
Mi 5X
Online time
6189 Hours
Send PM

Mi MIXMi HomeAwesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 2016Fantastic!MIUI Devices ContestMi TVMIUI 50 Million UsersThanksgiving DayDiwali MIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 3rd Anniversary2014 ChristmasMIUI Fan From SingaporeFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI 4th Anniversary1800K Forum MembersSuper SundayMIUI Fan From Nepal90000 Forum MembersMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Forum AppI Love Mi Bunny2017 Annual AwardsMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatOTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum Die-hard MIUI Fan

10:39, Apr-22-2014 | From PC
|
"more than 20000 people using my ports :)" Wow, just awesome!! You rock! Thank you so much!

Comment

scitech_india Support: 5 Objection: 0   11:19, Sep-11-2014

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi3
Online time
931 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesI Love MIUIMi 3MIUI 3rd AnniversaryHappy Singles' Day100k Forum MembersDiwali MIUI 20 Million UsersAtaturk MourningMIUI 4th Anniversary90000 Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnyMost Active MIUIerMIUI Wallpaper ContestMost Popular Forum UserOTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum Star Of Themes

11:02, Apr-22-2014 | From PC
|
OMG, thank you for picking up my question. Alex is awesome! Superstar!

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Nexus 5
Online time
263 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIAwesome!Mi 3MIUI V5 ReviewFan Of MIUI ThailandMIUI 50 Million UsersFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu I Love Mi BunnyMIUI News TeamMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Device TeamAndroid GuruOTA FeedbackMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerMIUI Expert

11:11, Apr-22-2014 | From PC
|
cool guy

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi Max 32GB
Online time
878 Hours
Send PM

Mi Portable WiFiYeelight Bedside LampMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi HomeMi BoxMi Power BankMi KeyUnlock MedalMi BandMi WiFi RouterAwesome!MIUI 2016Fantastic!FlashholicMIUI 2015MIUI 6I Love MIUIMIUI 7MIUI 8Mi Note ProXiaomi Mi 4Mi 4iMi NoteMi Max Mi TVRedmi 1SRedmiRedmi NoteRedmi 2Redmi Note 2Mi 4cMi 3Hilal Ramadan MIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 50 Million UsersSingapore BirthdayHappy Singles' DayMIUI 9100k Forum MembersMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI 3rd AnniversaryDiwali 300K Forum Members1st AnniversaryMIUI Fan from India90000 Forum MembersMIUI English Forum 2013MIUI 30 Million UsersHappy DiwaliMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI Fan From IndonesiaThanksgiving Day1400K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Marathon Medal600K Forum MembersPokemon Master MedalMIUI 5th Anniversary1 Million Forum MembersMerry Christmas800K Forum MembersUEFA EURO MedalMIUI Fan From Brazil700K Forum MembersSurge S1Xiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI Font Lover2014 ChristmasMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Lucky FridayHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI World TourI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI News Team8 Million Forum MembersRingtone Star MIUI KingMi Lover MedalMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Wallpaper ContestTechnology GuruAndroid GuruMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI FollowerUpdates LoverStar Of IconsScroll Of WisdomDebate MasterMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014Android ElfYouth PledgeDie-hard MIUI FanMost Active MIUIerForum Contest LoverMi TalentMi Bunny Game Master App StarPioneer of MIUI English Forum Humor MasterStar MIUI News Team MemberOTA Feedback

11:28, Apr-22-2014 | From PC
|
thanks for the contribution!
To know MI is to love MI (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)

(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
625 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandMi BoxMIUI 6FlashholicI Love MIUIFantastic!Awesome!MIUI 2015Mi 3Redmi NoteMi TVMi PadRedmi 1SRedmiMi 1MIUI Fan From SingaporeHilal Ramadan 1st AnniversaryMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From IndonesiaSingapore BirthdayMIUI Fan from MalaysiaFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI V5 ReviewHappy DiwaliFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 30 Million Users100k Forum MembersMIUI Fan from Turkey2014 ChristmasMIUI English Forum 2013Thanksgiving DayHappy Singles' DayMIUI Fan from IndiaDiwali 300K Forum MembersAtaturk MourningFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI 100 Million UsersI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyClass A Beta TeamMIUI Device TeamMIUI Beta TeamForum Contest LoverApp StarInbox ZeroMIUI FB FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Android ElfMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI Medals CollectorOTA FeedbackMIUI FollowerMIUI ExpertDie-hard MIUI FanMost Active MIUIerHumor MasterAndroid GuruStar Of IconsUpdates LoverYouth PledgeMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat

12:27, Apr-22-2014 | From PC
|
Awesome work

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi MIX 2
Mi Note 2
Online time
295 Hours
Send PM

Mijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi HeadphonesMi Band 2Mi Power Bank 10000MAH Xiaomi 6 LaunchMi WiFi Router MiniMi Yi CameraMi Portable WiFiMi Power StripUnlock MedalMi WiFiMi BandMi VRMi KeyMi HomeMi  BunnyMi MIXMi Notebook AirMi BoxMijia Qi CycleMi Power BankMagic CubeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8MarshmallowMIUI 7MIUI 2015Fantastic!MIUI Devices ContestAwesome!I Love MIUIFlashholicMIUI 2016Mi PadXiaomi Mi 4Redmi 2Mi Pad 2Mi 4c4 Million Forum MembersMi TVMi Note 21 Million Forum MembersMIUI 30 Million Users5 Million Forum Posts1300K Forum Members100k Forum MembersMIUI English Forum 2013Xiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from India500K Forum MembersMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan from Turkey2014 ChristmasHappy Singles' DayAtaturk Mourning1st Anniversary300K Forum MembersMIUI 4th AnniversaryFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 5th AnniversaryThanksgiving DayFan Of MIUI UK700K Forum MembersHilal Ramadan MIUI 100 Million Users90000 Forum MembersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMerry ChristmasMid-Autumn FestivalHappy New Year3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Lucky FridayPuzzle MasterMIUI 20171 Million Forum App InstallsUEFA EURO MedalI Love 2016Fan Of MIUI Bangladesh10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Happy MedalMIUI 9MIUI Font LoverRocket to Future5 Million Forum App InstallsSuper Tuesday3500K Forum Members2100K Forum MembersPokemon Master Medal1500K Forum Members1400K Forum Members1800K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppMIUI 3rd AnniversaryMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI 300 WeeksDiwali 1700K Forum MembersMIUI World TourMIUI Weekly Poll1900K Forum MembersAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI ReviewMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI 10Pioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatHappy 2019MIUI SuperstarMIUI Halloween 2018Xiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI Quick DiscussionSurpriseMIUI ExpertMIUI Follower8 Million Forum MembersInbox ZeroStar Of TechnologyApp TalentMi Lover MedalDebate MasterYouth PledgeStar Of IconsMi Story TellerMIUI KingTheme TalentMost Active MIUIerRingtone Star Scroll Of WisdomMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeAndroid GuruTechnology GuruMIUI Twitter FollowerForum Contest LoverMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI FB FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanUpdates LoverMIUI Medals CollectorMi TalentMi Bunny Game Master 2017 Annual AwardsMIUI G+ FollowerAndroid Elf

12:38, Apr-22-2014 | Via mobile
|
Thank you. Who is next? Nanana?

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
Mi 1S
Online time
1392 Hours
Send PM

Mi Portable WiFiMi BoxMi BandMi KeyMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power BankFlashholicAwesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 8MIUI 6MIUI 2015Fantastic!Redmi NoteRedmi Note 2Mi NoteRedmi 1SMi TVMi PadMi 3Xiaomi Mi 4RedmiMi 1Mi 4iRedmi 2Mi 2MIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from India1300K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu 300K Forum MembersHappy DiwaliDiwali 1st AnniversaryMIUI Fan From Philippines5 Million Forum PostsMIUI 50 Million Users90000 Forum MembersMIUI 30 Million UsersMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI 3rd Anniversary100k Forum MembersMIUI 6th Anniversary1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI English Forum 2013MIUI Fan From SingaporeFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI V5 ReviewHilal Ramadan Happy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan from TurkeyHappy Singles' DayThanksgiving DayFan Of MIUI Bangladesh2014 Christmas800K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From Brazil500K Forum MembersAtaturk Mourning900K Forum Members700K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasSummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Community VIPOTA FeedbackMi Bunny Game Master Ringtone Star Mi TalentMIUI Wallpaper ContestMost Popular Forum UserMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerSuper ModeratorAndroid ElfMIUI FollowerWallpaper StarRedmi Note 3 ExplorerMi Lover MedalMIUI Resources TeamHumor MasterMost Active MIUIerDie-hard MIUI FanUpdates LoverStar Of IconsInbox ZeroMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeAndroid GuruYouth PledgeMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI ExpertTechnology GuruWallpaper TalentForum Contest LoverMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI FB Follower

12:38, Apr-22-2014 | From PC
|
Wonderful..

Supreme Member

www.lucrativephotography.com

Credits
Device
Mi 6
Online time
2929 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi Portable WiFiMi BoxMi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power BankMi Power Bank 10000MAH Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryFantastic!MIUI 2015FlashholicI Love MIUIMIUI 6Awesome!MIUI 8Mi TVRedmiRedmi 1SMi 3Redmi NoteXiaomi Mi 4Mi 5MIUI 50 Million Users1400K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From Singapore1700K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 30 Million Users100k Forum MembersMIUI English Forum 2013MIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI India1st AnniversaryMi Live MedalFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu 300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMid-Autumn FestivalHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan from IndiaSingapore BirthdayMIUI Fan from TurkeyFan Of MIUI BangladeshFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanMIUI 4th AnniversaryHappy Valentine's DayThanksgiving DayOlympics MedalAtaturk MourningMIUI 300 WeeksPokemon Master MedalDiwali MIUI 100 Million UsersHappy DiwaliHappy Singles' DaySummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMIUI Porting TeamMIUI Device TeamMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid GuruMost Active MIUIerMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeForum Contest LoverMIUI FB FollowerInbox ZeroYouth PledgeDie-hard MIUI FanOTA FeedbackMIUI Global Forum 2014Most Productive Porting DeveloperRedmi Note 3 ExplorerMi Lover MedalAndroid ElfSuper MIUI ThemeMost Popular Porting DeveloperMIUI Medals CollectorRingtone Star Technology GuruMaster Of TechnologyStar Of IconsMIUI ExpertListed in Official Download PageStar Of TechnologyMIUI Community VIPRecognized MIUI Porting DevPioneer of MIUI English Forum Humor MasterUpdates LoverMIUI Follower

12:46, Apr-22-2014 | From PC
|
Short and sweet. He is a superstar.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list