Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5 Pro
Online time
794 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi WiFi Router MiniMi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesI Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 6MIUI 2015Fantastic!Mi 4iMi 2Redmi NoteRedmi 2Mi 3Xiaomi Mi 4RedmiMi TV90000 Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersMIUI 3rd AnniversaryMIUI English Forum 2013100k Forum MembersFan Of MIUI UKMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI V5 ReviewHilal Ramadan 300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th Anniversary1st AnniversaryMIUI 30 Million UsersMIUI Forum AppMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI 4th AnniversarySummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAndroid GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Medals CollectorOTA FeedbackDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FB FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerMIUI Wallpaper ContestMIUI ExpertStar Of Themes

[Tips & Tutorials] Tips and tricks to save the battery and Data (Mobile) on MIUI ROMs

[ Promote]
67356 125 |
11:53, Jan-31-2013 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by shahzad 12:16,Jul-02-2013

I have been using MIUI ROMs for long time. These are the tips/tricks mostly specific to MIUI to save battry and moble data from my experience. You can also share your tips here.

• Select the power Mode to power saving Mode in the Settings (if available).
  • MIUI has an excellent app "Autostart". open that app and uncheck the apps you don't want to auto boot in the back ground (i.e Maps, Some games etc ) This will save the battery and RAM too (Screen Shot 1)
  • Pay attention to update intervals for the apps that require syncing. For example I disable background update for Pulse. They are just one gesture away when ever i want to read. Other examples are weather, mail, Google+, twitter and Facebook apps. You also need to check the Sync settings, go to settings under accounts (Screen Shot 2) you can see different accounts being synced on phone. Click on every account and what you need to sync and what you don't need! more things being synced mean more/longer wakelocks.
  • Use app "Better WiFi on/off" This tip is more useful for the people who are worried of battery drain due to wifi, and constantly moving in and out off wifi coverage area. This app have plenty of customizations to meet your requirements.
  • Open the MIUI app " Permission manager" under the first Tab " Permissions" (Screen Shot 3)tap on "Manage App Permissions" here you find list which is permission wise sorted. Although you can see and disable which application have the SMS, or call permission for example, Go to " Position" permission and disable the position permission for all the apps you think don't need you permission or don't want to share with them.
  • Open the MIUI app "Network assistant" While you are on first tab "Traffic Usage" Press Menu button and then select " Package settings" here you can set the monthly qouta and warning limits. Now tap on the 2nd Tab "Traffic Ranking", here (Screenshot 4) you can see what app is using how much data (its sorted data usage wise). Now at the bottom tap on "Batch network Control" (Screenshot 4)  Now at Top right (Screen Shot 5) turn "ON" the control if not already turned ON. Then there are two buttons at the bottom of that button "2G/3G" and "WiFi". I recomend to turn off "2G/3G" button. it will turn RED and you can see column of Crosses. Now scroll down and select tap on the red cross in the front of the app you want to allow to use your precious data:P  (Screen Shot 5). Another tip is you can disable data and wifi (both) for the apps with Ads! it will help you to get rid of the in-app Ads, for example games which you dont need you to be online.CAUTION!!!! you might run into a situation when a app can't access data! (because you disable the access to data under this tip and you dont remember that you did THAT:P so go back and enable data for that app ).
  • Auto brightness. Some people think auto brightness doesn't work on MIUI rom because they can still see the adjustment bar. But that's for fine tuning! some people are not always happy with auto brightness level. So MIUI gives you another option to adjust the sensitivity/level of screen brightness. So you can put it to lower side and save some battery and still have the auto brightness to increase the brightness automatically in daylight and other situations.
  • Another important tip about WiFi and the 3G/2G. When you are connected a long time in your job with WiFi amount eight hours or something like this, u can desactivate your 3G collection and configure only the 2G (battery saving). With this method, you can save a lot of battery. You only need remember to activate to 3G again when you go out of you job ^_^ (By MIUIes)
  • Another app Wakelock detector is really good to check which app is not leting your phone to sleep and then take necessary action.

Suggestions and Corrections are more than welcome  
Please reply in this thread if you have any question or another useful Tip. I will up date this post with your Refrence.

Screen shots are for V4 but are also valid for V5
Screen Shots

SC1

SC1

SC2

SC2

SC3

SC3

SC4

SC4

SC5

SC5
Favorite25 Share

Rated by 36 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

prav31 + 1 Great!
mfl3 + 1 Thanks!
srv6100 + 1 Fantastic!
xpfanatic + 1 Awesome!
znoopy + 1 Great!
ramkumaritrvs + 1 Great!
meepokboy + 1 Thanks!
ramyshri + 1 Thanks! and useful
hinalharia + 1 Great!
Gantela + 1 Awesome!
Gurjashan + 1 Fantastic!
salleh + 1 Fantastic!
subhashlex + 1 Awesome!
jmtstan + 1 Thanks!
jackychong76 + 1 Great!
Drew63 + 1 Great!
Sarfaraz_k + 1 Thanks!
romar31 + 2 Great!
Ani@Xiaomi + 1 Fantastic!
St.Ar + 1 Thanks!
jerfuze + 1 Fantastic!
nutznutz + 1 Thanks!
sperak777 + 1 Thanks!
phuprovt97 + 1 Thanks!
BalcanGSM + 10 + 1 Great!
PAVLO + 1 Great!
TulioJr + 1 Great!

Experience +70  Prestige +12  View Rating Log

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi3
Online time
931 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesI Love MIUIMi 3MIUI 3rd AnniversaryHappy Singles' Day100k Forum MembersDiwali MIUI 20 Million UsersAtaturk MourningMIUI 4th Anniversary90000 Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnyMost Active MIUIerMIUI Wallpaper ContestMost Popular Forum UserOTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum Star Of Themes

13:45, Jan-31-2013 | From PC
|
Great article!!!

Credits
Device
Galaxy Note
Online time
29 Hours
Send PM

Mi HeadphonesFantastic!MIUI 2016MiPopMIUI FollowerMi Lover Medal

13:58, Jan-31-2013 | From PC
|
Very useful tips! Thanks for sharing!

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5
Online time
97 Hours
Send PM

Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!I Love MIUI90000 Forum MembersMIUI V5 ReviewFan Of MIUI RussiaRocket to FutureMIUI Font LoverMIUI 3rd AnniversarySuper Wednesday300K Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnyPioneer of MIUI English Forum Mi Bunny Game Master Scroll Of WisdomUpdates LoverOTA FeedbackTheme Talent

14:23, Jan-31-2013 | From PC
|
Thanks!:victory:
Sorry for my English ...

MIUI Fan Site

thanks for being there

Credits
Device
Mi MIX 2
Online time
493 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIMIUI 6Awesome!RedmiMi 3MIUI 30 Million UsersMIUI 4th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI Spain90000 Forum MembersMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 3rd AnniversaryMIUI 20 Million Users100k Forum MembersMIUI English Forum 2013MIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Lucky Friday300K Forum MembersMIUI Happy MedalI Love Mi BunnyStar Of IconsStar Of ThemesPioneer of MIUI English Forum Android GuruMi Lover MedalMIUI FollowerOTA FeedbackMIUI Wallpaper Contest

15:27, Jan-31-2013 | From PC
|
Very usefull!! Thanks!
Admin, Designer & Funder:  miui.es - miuiapps.es - miuithemes.com - miuitv.es

Credits
Device
Galaxy S3
Online time
6 Hours
Send PM
15:53, Jan-31-2013 | From PC
|
nice

MIUI Fan Site

Credits
Device
Mi 5s
Online time
420 Hours
Send PM

Mi TV 70Mi Power BankMIUI 2015MIUI 2016FlashholicAwesome!MIUI 7I Love MIUIMIUI 6Fantastic!MIUI 8Mi 3MIUI English Forum 2013Fan Of MIUI ItalyMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI 30 Million UsersMIUI Happy MedalMIUI 3rd AnniversaryMIUI 20 Million Users90000 Forum Members100k Forum MembersMerry ChristmasFan Of MIUI Bangladesh1500K Forum Members2014 ChristmasThanksgiving DayMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI 7th AnniversaryHappy Valentine's DayI Love Mi BunnyDie-hard MIUI FanTechnology GuruOTA FeedbackSuper ModeratorUpdates LoverMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI FollowerMIUI FB FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum

16:46, Jan-31-2013 | From PC
|
Great! Thanks for the useful tips :-)
MIUI Italy (Miui.it & Xiaomifans.it) | Founder & Admin
MIUIAndroid.com | Staff
MiTalk: 3912883

Elite Member

Crusing...

Credits
Device
Mi2
Online time
341 Hours
Send PM

MIUI V5 ReviewI Love Mi BunnySuper ModeratorMost Active MIUIer

19:40, Jan-31-2013 | From PC
|
Thank you! This will help a lot of people!

Comment

shahzad Thanks.  21:11, Jan-31-2013
What you see here is...
The rambling verses of a bored man who decided he should have a signature but didn't know what
to sign so he just sat there at his computer writing whatever came to his mind and as a result...
...now you know you should have stopped reading a long time ago, don't you??
////
MIUI Forum Rules & Guidelines
Per Device Bugs Threads

MIUI Fan Site

thanks for being there

Credits
Device
Mi MIX 2
Online time
493 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIMIUI 6Awesome!RedmiMi 3MIUI 30 Million UsersMIUI 4th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI Spain90000 Forum MembersMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 3rd AnniversaryMIUI 20 Million Users100k Forum MembersMIUI English Forum 2013MIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Lucky Friday300K Forum MembersMIUI Happy MedalI Love Mi BunnyStar Of IconsStar Of ThemesPioneer of MIUI English Forum Android GuruMi Lover MedalMIUI FollowerOTA FeedbackMIUI Wallpaper Contest

18:15, Feb-01-2013 | From PC
|
Another important tip about WiFi and the 3G/2G. When you are conected a long time in your job with WiFi amount eight hours or something like this, u can desactivate your 3G conection and configure only the 2G (battery saving). With this method, you can save a lot of battery. You only need renember to activate to 3G again when you go out of you job ^_^

Comment

shahzad Thanks. i will add this  14:27, Feb-02-2013
Admin, Designer & Funder:  miui.es - miuiapps.es - miuithemes.com - miuitv.es

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4
Online time
195 Hours
Send PM
13:13, Feb-03-2013 | From PC
|
Very interesting and informative article......very detailed as well. However, I have a xiaomi one plus and could not find the so called MODE in my setting..........can there be another way to tackle this problem in my phone ??

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list