Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5
Online time
318 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIAwesome!RedmiMIUI 4th AnniversaryI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Beta TeamMIUI Beta Team VIPClass A Beta TeamSenior Beta TesterPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Follower

[Tools, Tips & Tutorials] [Redmi 1/Note 2GB WCDMA] How to unbrick or fix "Invalid IMEI"

[ Promote]
160464 304 |
01:48, Apr-06-2014 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by DoktorekDee at 15:21, Jul-19-2015

Have you lost your IMEI and you can't call or even use WiFi and Bluetooth? Is your Redmi 1 WCDMA bricked? Follow this guide to repair it.

WARNING!!!  I am not responsible for bricked/damaged devices, loss of data etc.
For Redmi Note WCDMA with 2GB of RAM use this image! I haven't tried it myself so be careful!

• If your Redmi is bricked, go directly to Unbrick section.
  • Do a backup of your current /NVRAM partition with TWRP. Here is the tutorial by @punkthemonk

============================================================================================

• Check your Baseband in Settings -> About phone.  If it says Unknown, you flashed ROM with wrong baseband.

============================================================================================

• Check also Wi-Fi MAC address in Settings -> About phone -> Status and Available networks in Settings -> Wi-Fi settings. If MAC address contains double 0 in one or more blocks and in Available networks exists nvram warning err = 0x10, your /NVRAM partition is corrupted.

• If you have only wrong baseband, go to Baseband section. If you have corrupted /NVRAM partiton too, go to NVRAM section.

Baseband/Unbrick

• Download SP Flash Tool and full MIUI 6 ROM image (Stable 5 MIUI V5 here).

• Unzip Redmi_WCDMA_5.6.4_image.zip and open:

- dpinst.exe from MTK-Driver/Win7 folder if your operating system is Windows 7/8/8.1 32 bit.
    - Dpinst64.exe from MTK-Driver/Win7 folder if your operating system is Windows 7/8/8.1 64 bit.
    - Installdriver.exe from MTK-Driver/XP_Vista folder if your operating system is Windows XP/Vista 32 bit.
    - installdrv64.exe from MTK-Driver/XP_Vista folder if your operating system is Windows XP/Vista 64 bit.

For Windows 8/8.1 you have to disable Driver signature check before installation. Here is the tutorial.

• Open flash_tool.exe from SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1352.01 folder.

• Click Scatter-loading and select MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt from HM2013023_images_5.6.4_4.4/images/ folder. Choose Firmware Upgrade and click Download. Turn off your Redmi and pull out the battery. Connect it to the computer and after 3 seconds insert the battery.

6589.png

• When you see the green circle, disconnect the phone and close SP Flash Tool.

Enjoy your fully working Xiaomi Redmi!

NVRAM

• ============================================================================================

• Unzip Redmi_WCDMA_5.6.4_image.zip and open:

- dpinst.exe from MTK-Driver/Win7 folder if your operating system is Windows 7/8/8.1 32 bit.
    - Dpinst64.exe from MTK-Driver/Win7 folder if your operating system is Windows 7/8/8.1 64 bit.
    - Installdriver.exe from MTK-Driver/XP_Vista folder if your operating system is Windows XP/Vista 32 bit.
    - installdrv64.exe from MTK-Driver/XP_Vista folder if your operating system is Windows XP/Vista 64 bit.

For Windows 8/8.1 you have to disable Driver signature check before installation. Here is the tutorial.

• Open flash_tool.exe from SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1352.01 folder.

• Click Scatter-loading and select MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt from HM2013023_images_5.6.4_4.4/images/.

• Click Format. Turn off your Redmi and pull out the battery. Connect it to the computer and after 3 seconds insert the battery.

• When you see the green circle, disconnect the phone. Choose Download Only and click Download and connect it to the computer again. After 3 seconds insert the battery.

• When you see the green circle, close SP Flash Tool and disconnect the phone. Unzip imei&sn writer v1.5.3.rar and open IMEI&SN Writer.exe.

• Select SMART PHONE under PlatForm.

• Check all positions in Write Item section except SN.

• Input IMEI_1 and IMEI_2 from your phone box (both are the same), BT and WIFI MAC addresses (from e.g. old, unused phone) without colons and double 0 in each section.

writer.PNG

WARNING!!! Writing random or other people's IMEI and MAC addresses is illegal!!!

• Click Select DB. In first window choose BPLGUInfoCustomAppSrcP_MT6589_S00_MOLY_WR8_W1248_MD_WG_MP_V47_P9_1_3g_n and in second APDB_MT6589_S01_MAIN2.1_W10.24. Both are from HM2013023_images_5.6.4_4.4/images/

• Put in the battery. Click Start. Connect your phone and disconnect after you see MI logo. Then immediately connect the phone and wait.

• When the program has finished, disconnect the phone and click Exit.

finish.PNG

• Delete the backup of corrupted NVRAM and do a backup of your current /NVRAM partition with TWRP. Here is the tutorial by @punkthemonk.

Enjoy your fully working Xiaomi Redmi

Favorite39 Share

Rated by 21 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

demlij + 1 Great!
bimesh + 1 Thanks!
alaise + 1 Thanks!
BondanOwen + 5 Thanks!
MAMs1992 + 1 Agreed!
EGNRhPa + 1 Fantastic!
kabbu1 + 5 Thanks!
Xuso77 + 5 Thanks!
ygorigor + 2 Thanks!
andrzej654 + 5 Fantastic!
wongwong12345 + 1 Thanks!
CH85 + 1 Fantastic!
Caap79 + 1 Fantastic!
shepinto + 1 Thanks!
KateZ + 10 + 2 Awesome!
Sonic1SVK + 5 Thanks!
ATP:RedRice + 5 Thanks!
usenatur + 1 Awesome!
AndroidFuchs + 10 + 3 Great!
punkthemonk + 5 Awesome!
rocco6 + 5 Fantastic!

Experience +72  Prestige +5  View Rating Log

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi Max 64GB
Online time
193 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFi RouterMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandUnlock MedalMi Power BankMi BoxMi KeyXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 6FlashholicFantastic!MIUI 7I Love MIUIMIUI 2015MIUI 2016Awesome!Mi 4iRedmi 2RedmiMi PadXiaomi Mi 4Mi Max Mi NoteRedmi NoteRedmi 3Redmi Note 2MIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Lucky FridayAtaturk MourningHappy Singles' DayThanksgiving DayMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 50 Million UsersHilal Ramadan 1st AnniversaryHappy DiwaliDiwali MIUI Fan from India300K Forum Members2014 Christmas800K Forum Members900K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th Anniversary700K Forum Members600K Forum MembersFan of MIUI MyanmarMIUI 2017MIUI 9Rocket to FutureSuper MondayFan Of MIUI BulgariaFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI 5th AnniversaryHappy New YearSingapore BirthdayHappy Valentine's DayFan Of MIUI India500K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyOTA FeedbackMIUI FollowerMIUI FB FollowerMi Bunny Game Master Die-hard MIUI FanMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI Global Forum 2014Updates LoverForum Contest LoverYouth PledgeMIUI G+ FollowerMi TalentStar Of IconsAndroid ElfInbox ZeroAndroid GuruDebate MasterMIUI Twitter FollowerHumor Master

09:59, Aug-05-2014 | From PC
|
This post was edited by nemogamo at 12:32, Aug-05-2014

Basically the sameway @DoktorekDee explain here in #1 post
just using different SN Writer, i use BIRDA_SN_STATION_ MT6592.exe found it in chinese forum
download here : http://www.4shared.com/zip/z_eQ5sEKce/MT6592IMEISN_Writer.html

it include the DB needed :
1. APDB_MT6592_S01_ALPS.JB9.MP_
2. BPLGUInfoCustomAppSrcP_MT6592_S00_MOLY_WR8_W1315_MD_WG_MP_V21_1_wg_n -----WCDMA version
3. BPLGUInfoCustomAppSrcP_MT6592_S00_MOLY_WR8_W1328_MD_TG_MP_V3_P1_1_tg_n -----TD-CDMA version

prerequisites :
1. Obtain a MAC address from old/unused phone
2. MT6592 Driver installed on your PC

procedure :
Just follow @DoktorekDee explain here in #1 post, NVRAM section start from step 8 onward

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

DoktorekDee + 5 Agreed!

Experience +5  View Rating Log

Credits
Device
Redmi Note
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM
20:07, Jun-15-2014 | From PC
|
This post was edited by adel077 at 20:08, Jun-15-2014

great job bro.

I have the same problem after restore the stock rom "invalid imei"

but, for Redmi Note - WCDMA (HM NOTE 1W), MT6592

so, any can provide me (BPLGU & APDB) for MT6592, please

many thanks in advance

Credits
Device
Redmi Note
Online time
24 Hours
Send PM
18:45, Jul-10-2014 | From PC
|
This post was edited by Perfect_007 at 23:21, Jul-10-2014

can anyone provide nvram.img from healthy Note 2GB WCDMA ? i wanna restore my broken nvram and change IMEI to my phone's original.
i would like to say that /dev/nvram image provided i can describe and give solution for that problem.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5
Online time
318 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIAwesome!RedmiMIUI 4th AnniversaryI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Beta TeamMIUI Beta Team VIPClass A Beta TeamSenior Beta TesterPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Follower

Author| 03:11, Jun-17-2014 | From PC
|
IMEI is lost when you format whole EMMC... You format NVRAM partition and then IMEI and mac is lost.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5
Online time
318 Hours
Send PM

Author| 03:14, Jun-16-2014 | From PC
|
adel077 replied at 2014-6-15 14:07
great job bro.

If it's enhanced version, use this:
Drivers:
https://drive.google.com/folderv ... azg&usp=sharing
Flashtool+image (use "download only"):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... Xc/edit?usp=sharing

Credits
Device
Online time
9 Hours
Send PM
21:22, Jun-15-2014 | From PC
|
adel077 replied at 2014-6-15 20:07
great job bro.

Hi, I have same problem... can not find a way to fix the issue on IMEI on redmi note.... tnx!!

Elite Member

RED KAT 2

Credits
Device
Redmi 1
Online time
431 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi BoxMi In-Ear HeadphonesFantastic!MIUI 7MIUI 2015Awesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 8FlashholicMIUI 6Redmi 2Mi PadRedmiMIUI English Forum 2013Fan Of MIUI CzechFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 4th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI 50 Million Users300K Forum MembersMIUI 2017MIUI 100 Million UsersHilal Ramadan 1 Million Forum MembersThanksgiving Day700K Forum Members900K Forum Members800K Forum Members600K Forum Members500K Forum Members1 Million Forum App InstallsXiaomi 6th Anniversary2100K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyClass A Beta TeamMIUI Beta TeamAndroid ElfDie-hard MIUI FanForum Contest LoverMIUI FB FollowerAndroid GuruMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatOTA FeedbackUpdates LoverPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerMIUI Medals Collector

03:28, Apr-08-2014 | From PC
|
Great Tutorial. THX
Pleas all BETA Team members and other people with REDMi 1w read and sign this petition

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi
Online time
454 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi BoxMi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesAwesome!Fantastic!MIUI 2015FlashholicI Love MIUIRedmiXiaomi Mi 4Thanksgiving DayDiwali 300K Forum Members1st AnniversaryHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 100 Million UsersHappy DiwaliFan Of MIUI SpainMIUI 50 Million UsersAtaturk MourningHappy Singles' DayMIUI 4th AnniversarySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyClass A Beta TeamMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Beta Team VIPPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerSenior Beta TesterAndroid GuruStar Of IconsMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatUpdates LoverForum Contest LoverMIUI Global Forum 2014Inbox ZeroYouth PledgeOTA FeedbackMost Active MIUIerMIUI Twitter FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanHumor Master

01:53, Apr-06-2014 | From PC
|
Hopefully I won't get a chance to test it Thanks for the tutorial @DoktorekDee, you make it seem so simple....

DoktorekDee + 5 Thanks!

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Huawei Honor
Online time
142 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIRedmi300K Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnyClass A Beta TeamMIUI FollowerAndroid Guru

01:54, Apr-06-2014 | Via mobile
|
Very good tutorial.  Tanks for your hard work!!

DoktorekDee + 5 Thanks!

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Online time
88 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIMIUI 4th AnniversaryAndroid Guru

16:27, Apr-06-2014 | From PC
|
wow..great tutorial
hoping for another tutorial and sp flash tool for other version of redmi, especially singapore version.

Comment

DoktorekDee The only difference between td/w/sg versions is full ROM image. If I had one, I would edit my tutorial for sg and td versions ;)  17:51, Apr-06-2014

Elite Member

Rocking Miui 7!! Dreaming of m

Credits
Device
Mi 4c
Online time
709 Hours
Send PM

Mi Portable WiFiMi BoxMi KeyMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power BankFlashholicMIUI 7Fantastic!Awesome!MIUI 2015I Love MIUIMIUI 8MIUI 2016Redmi Note 2Mi 4cRedmi NoteRedmiMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI Fan From Philippines1400K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI UK700K Forum MembersMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Fan From VietnamXiaomi 6th AnniversaryThanksgiving DayUEFA EURO Medal900K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI Forum App800K Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMIUI Beta Team VIPClass A Beta TeamMIUI Beta TeamAndroid ElfTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalAndroid GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI FollowerMIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverDebate MasterMi TalentScroll Of WisdomHumor MasterInbox ZeroMIUI Device ExpertStar Of MIUI Device TeamMIUI G+ FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Senior Beta Tester

18:57, Apr-06-2014 | From PC
|
Very cool nice work doc

MIUI Beta Team - China

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4X
Online time
469 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMi KeyMi BandMIUI 7Fantastic!FlashholicMIUI 6MIUI 2015Awesome!I Love MIUIRedmiXiaomi Mi 4Mi TVMIUI 4th Anniversary1st AnniversaryFan Of MIUI UKMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 50 Million UsersFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI Fan from IndiaHilal Ramadan 300K Forum Members500K Forum MembersFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanMIUI Fan From BrazilFan Of MIUI India700K Forum Members2014 Christmas600K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Forum Contest LoverDebate MasterMIUI FB FollowerXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI 8th AnniversaryMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI Medals CollectorPioneer of MIUI English Forum Android GuruOTA FeedbackStar Of IconsMIUI Global Forum 2014Android ElfMIUI FollowerHumor Master

19:46, Apr-06-2014 | From PC
|
great tutorial, thanks

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 5/Pro
Online time
325 Hours
Send PM

Mi HeadphonesMi Power StripMi WiFi RouterMi TV 70Mi BoxMi Yi CameraMi  BunnyUnlock MedalMi Kids WatchXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8I Love MIUIMIUI 2016Fantastic!MIUI Devices ContestAwesome!FlashholicMi 3RedmiPokemon Master MedalMIUI V5 ReviewSurge S1Women's Day MedalSuper WednesdayI Love 2016300K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI World TourRooster Year of 201710 Million Forum PostsMIUI Font LoverHilal Ramadan 2 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaCamera Filter Guru MedalHappy New YearMIUI Marathon MedalFan Of MIUI GreeceSuper ThursdayFan Of MIUI UkraineFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI 2017Super SundayRocket to FutureMIUI Forum App5 Million Forum App InstallsPuzzle MasterMiPopI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI 1010 Million Forum MembersMIUI FollowerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid Guru2017 Annual AwardsDebate MasterMost Active MIUIerScroll Of WisdomMIUI Halloween 2017Theme TalentForum Contest LoverUpdates LoverYouth PledgeAndroid ElfMIUI ExpertStar Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Medals CollectorStar WarsMi Lover MedalMaster Of TechnologyMi Talent

23:38, Apr-06-2014 | From PC
|
Good tutorial
Thank you

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5
Online time
146 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi BandMIUI 6MIUI 2015Awesome!Fantastic!FlashholicMIUI 7I Love MIUIMIUI 8Xiaomi Mi 4Mi TVRedmiMi 5MIUI Forum AppMIUI 4th Anniversary300K Forum Members1400K Forum MembersUEFA EURO MedalFan Of MIUI Italy5 Million Forum PostsMIUI 100 Million UsersPokemon Master MedalAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerAndroid GuruMi Lover MedalAndroid ElfDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014Debate MasterOTA FeedbackForum Contest LoverStar Of IconsUpdates Lover

01:30, Apr-07-2014 | From PC
|
exellent work! a post to always keep on hand
[

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 4A
Online time
212 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMIUI 2015Fantastic!I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 6FlashholicMIUI 7MIUI 2016Xiaomi Mi 4RedmiRedmi 2Mi Note800K Forum Members300K Forum MembersMIUI 4th Anniversary500K Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI English Forum 2013Summer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Class A Beta TeamMIUI FollowerAndroid GuruHumor MasterUpdates LoverMIUI Medals CollectorForum Contest LoverMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatOTA FeedbackDie-hard MIUI FanPioneer of MIUI English Forum

14:14, Apr-07-2014 | From PC
|
Yes, good tuto!
ATP: MiTu: I'm alive! ~ Xiaomi Redmi WCDMA
----
Redmi 1: FAQs,...
Linux: access by USB Cable, QQ

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list