MIUI Honorary Moderator

Life's 2 short 4 bad thoughts

Credits
Device
POCO F1
Online time
3577 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BoxMi Power BankMi KeyMi Portable WiFiMi BandMi WiFi RouterI Love MIUIMIUI 6FlashholicFantastic!MIUI 2015Awesome!MIUI 2016MIUI 7MIUI Devices ContestMi Note ProMi 2Redmi 2Mi 4iRedmiMi PadXiaomi Mi 42014 ChristmasHappy Singles' DayMIUI Font LoverThanksgiving Day3500K Forum MembersRooster Year of 2017MIUI Forum App1st AnniversaryMIUI 4th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Diwali Fan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanRocket to Future300K Forum MembersAtaturk MourningFan Of MIUI BangladeshHappy Valentine's Day700K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI India800K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From Singapore900K Forum MembersHappy New Year1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMerry Christmas600K Forum Members500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI GermanyFan of MIUI MyanmarHilal Ramadan I Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Class A Beta TeamMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Beta Team VIPMIUI Device TeamAndroid GuruOTA FeedbackPOCO F1MIUI FollowerStar Of  MIUI Beta TeamMIUI ExpertMIUI Community VIPMIUI Photography GuruMIUI Device ExpertMIUI Tech SurveyPioneer of MIUI English Forum Star Of MIUI Device TeamMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatScroll Of WisdomMi TalentMi Bunny Game Master MIUI Twitter FollowerHumor MasterMIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverUpdates LoverMaster Of TechnologyMIUI Honorary ModeratorTechnology GuruDebate MasterAndroid ElfMIUI Global Forum 2014Most Active MIUIerStar Of IconsSuper ModeratorMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMr. Post the MostDie-hard MIUI FanYouth PledgeInbox ZeroRedmi Quiz MasterTheme TalentMr. Dependable

[Tips & Tutorials] [Updated][MIUI Device Team] Xposed/WSM on Mi Pad with MIUI 7

[ Promote]
76540 1931 |
06:57, Nov-16-2015 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by AndroidFuchs at 18:08, Dec-20-2015

New (Dec 20th 2015):
Updated with new Xposed Installer
which no more modifies system files

Xposed/WSM

on Mi Pad with MIUI 7

Xposed-module.jpg

Dear users of Mi Pad with MIUI 7,

since some recent updates of MIUI 7 Xposed or WSM tools do no work any more because they are no longer compatible with the Android SDK version of MIUI. By exchanging some system files it is possible to get WSM tools working again. For Xposed I got an Xposed Installer from @SolarWarez which is modified to work with MIUI 7.  

This guide will show you how to exchange these system files for WSM by installing a zip file via recovery and an even more easy and compatible solution for Xposed by installing a modifed Xposed Installer.

Additionally I added a video by @Ins32 which is showing the installation on Redmi 2, the steps for Mi Pad are of course the same.

Caution:
This is a safe process, but I am not responsible for anything bad that happens to your tablet

Known restrictions:

• In case of using the steps for WSM an incremental OTA update might no longer work after applying this fix because system files were modified. In this case you need to dirty flash the same ROM again which you have installed currently or you need to install the full update ROM.

Prerequisites:

• Mi Pad with MIUI 7 Developer or Global ROM
  • Root access

- for Xposed
  • modified XposedInstaller by SolarWarez  
      Please reply to view this thread.

- for WSM
  • file MiPad_Xposed_Fix.zip (attached below, please reply to this thread to download the attachment)

In case any step from the description below is unclear, needs refinement or you are encountering issues please reply to this thread.

I. Installation steps for Xposed

• Download the modified Xposed Installer (you need to reply to this thread to get the download link)

• Install the Xposed Installer app

• Launch the Xposed Installer and select Framework

• Read and confirm the warning message, select Install/Update and confirm the Root access

• The following message is shown, read it carefully and confirm with OK to reboot

• After rebooting lauch the Xposed Installer again and check in Framework which versions of app_process and XposedBridge.jar are active now

Video tutorial by Ins32:

II. Installation steps for WSM

A. Installation with custom recovery (like CWM from this thread)

• Download the file MiPad_Xposed_Fix.zip (you need to reply to this thread do get the download link)

• Boot into the custom recovery  

Screenshot_2015-11-15-23-30-07_com.android.updater.png

• In your custom recovery install the downloaded zip file to your currently active system

• Reboot your system

B. Installation with Mi-Recovery

• Download the file MiPad_Xposed_Fix.zip (you need to reply to this thread do get the download link)

• Rename the file to update.zip and copy it to the root folder of your internal memory (NOT to the SD card). If you copy it to your Mi Pad connected to a Windows computer via USB, this should be the directory 'Computer\MI PAD\Internal storage'

• Boot into Mi-Recovery: for this launch the Updater app, press the button with the 3 dots on the upper right corner and from the menu choose 'Reboot to recovery mode'

• In the Mi-Recovery select 'English'

• Select and confirm 'Install update.zip to System One'; the installation will take some seconds and confirm the OK button

• Select 'Reboot' and confirm the already pre-selected active system (do NOT change it)

Now you can install and activate WSM tools or Xposed so that after another reboot it looks like this:

Screenshot_2015-11-15-23-43-49_pro.burgerz.wsm.manager.png

For your convenience:
  • Xposed Module Repository

Credits:

Favorite19 Share

Rated by 21 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

alexomsk66 + 1 Thanks!
andrey@records + 1 Great!
1586063266 + 1 Great!
Kast0r + 1 Great!
raven_of_void + 1 Awesome!
Kolowrath + 1 Thanks!
muharrem + 4 Thanks!
DiLshadSys + 5 Fantastic!
PeteLim99 + 1 Awesome!
BhaskaraRao + 1 Great!
Dasari5 + 1 Great!
yogisoft + 1 Thanks!
techgreed + 5 Great!
arun6199 + 1 Awesome!
drugmetwice + 1 Great!
mannanoida + 2 Thanks!
fksgs2 + 10 + 5 Awesome!
sepneela + 10 + 3 Awesome!
ansarifauwaz + 5 Awesome!
marcus_keong + 10 Awesome!
martinreinisch + 5 Great!

Experience +67  Prestige +9  View Rating Log

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi Pad 1
Online time
99 Hours
Send PM

Mi VRMi In-Ear HeadphonesXiaomi 6 LaunchMi Power BankMagic CubeMIUI 8I Love MIUIFlashholicMIUI 2015Fantastic!MIUI Devices ContestAwesome!MIUI 2016MIUI 7Mi TVMi PadMi 4c1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan From Nepal3500K Forum MembersXiaomi 6th Anniversary300K Forum MembersRocket to FutureHappy New YearHappy Diwali5 Million Forum PostsMIUI 300 Weeks1400K Forum MembersAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI ReviewMIUI Medals CollectorMi Bunny Game Master Ringtone TalentDie-hard MIUI FanUpdates LoverAndroid GuruInbox ZeroMi Lover MedalRedmi Quiz MasterMr. DependableTechnology GuruMIUI ExpertMi TalentStar Of TechnologyForum Contest LoverMIUI FB FollowerWallpaper ExpertMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerYouth PledgeDebate Master

23:49, Nov-20-2015 | From PC
|
Hi, did anyone tried Gravity Box (xposed module)? I'm planning to try it after I install the fix but I'm scared that I may get into a bootloop.
"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new" -Albert Einstein

Credits
Device
Online time
29 Hours
Send PM
20:45, Nov-21-2015 | From PC
|
AndroidFuchs replied at 2015-11-17 13:52
Please give feedback if this worked for you.

Please also let us know which MIUI version you are u ...

thanks sir , it works like a charm

using latest CMUI and CM 11

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

AndroidFuchs + 4 Thanks for feedback. Enjoy !!!

Experience +4  View Rating Log

Credits
Device
Online time
18 Hours
Send PM

MIUI Forum App

11:01, Nov-23-2015 | From PC
|
AndroidFuchs replied at 2015-11-18 22:37

Hi,
I tried using mi recovery 2times both time it gave package cannot be installed error
But then I tried using cwm it worked absolutely fine
Thanks again☺

AndroidFuchs + 4 Thanks!

Credits
Device
Mi Pad
Online time
16 Hours
Send PM

Mi Pad

16:23, Nov-19-2015 | From PC
|
AndroidFuchs replied at 2015-11-18 07:13

it's working . need to flash it using custom recovery, I used twrp to flash.
Miui version 7.0.2 (stable)

AndroidFuchs + 4 Thanks for confirmation that it worked f

Credits
Device
Mi Pad
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
00:48, Nov-19-2015 | From PC
|
AndroidFuchs replied at 2015-11-18 22:37
Hi,

yes, as you can see from the confirmations by other users this also works on MIUI 7 stable ve ...

Thanks. It works on my device.I use a Mi recovery tool to install the fix and now I can use xposed.

AndroidFuchs + 4 Thanks for confirmation that it works fo

Credits
Device
Mi Pad
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
00:42, Nov-19-2015 | From PC
|
Tim4828 replied at 2015-11-18 21:12
Yes, it does. But you need to use cwm recovery to install the fix

Thanks. I success instalingl the fix by using a recovery tool which made by other guy:).Now I can use Xposed.

Comment

AndroidFuchs Support: 5 Objection: 0 Thank you for positive feedback that the fix is working for you  04:06, Nov-19-2015

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Life's 2 short 4 bad thoughts

Credits
Device
POCO F1
Online time
3577 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BoxMi Power BankMi KeyMi Portable WiFiMi BandMi WiFi RouterI Love MIUIMIUI 6FlashholicFantastic!MIUI 2015Awesome!MIUI 2016MIUI 7MIUI Devices ContestMi Note ProMi 2Redmi 2Mi 4iRedmiMi PadXiaomi Mi 42014 ChristmasHappy Singles' DayMIUI Font LoverThanksgiving Day3500K Forum MembersRooster Year of 2017MIUI Forum App1st AnniversaryMIUI 4th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Diwali Fan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanRocket to Future300K Forum MembersAtaturk MourningFan Of MIUI BangladeshHappy Valentine's Day700K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI India800K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From Singapore900K Forum MembersHappy New Year1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMerry Christmas600K Forum Members500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI GermanyFan of MIUI MyanmarHilal Ramadan I Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Class A Beta TeamMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Beta Team VIPMIUI Device TeamAndroid GuruOTA FeedbackPOCO F1MIUI FollowerStar Of  MIUI Beta TeamMIUI ExpertMIUI Community VIPMIUI Photography GuruMIUI Device ExpertMIUI Tech SurveyPioneer of MIUI English Forum Star Of MIUI Device TeamMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatScroll Of WisdomMi TalentMi Bunny Game Master MIUI Twitter FollowerHumor MasterMIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverUpdates LoverMaster Of TechnologyMIUI Honorary ModeratorTechnology GuruDebate MasterAndroid ElfMIUI Global Forum 2014Most Active MIUIerStar Of IconsSuper ModeratorMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMr. Post the MostDie-hard MIUI FanYouth PledgeInbox ZeroRedmi Quiz MasterTheme TalentMr. Dependable

Author| 22:35, Nov-18-2015 | From PC
|
viraj replied at 2015-11-18 07:29
I have a doubt. If I can install either xposed or WSM, which 1 should I actually use? and Why?

You should use one or the other.
WSM was an adapted version of Xposed when Xposed was not compatible with MIUI yet.
There are mainly differences in the user interface, functionality to be able to use plug ins is the same.

Credits
Device
Online time
23 Hours
Send PM
17:48, Nov-18-2015 | From PC
|
AndroidFuchs replied at 2015-11-18 00:52
I installed a pure China dev rom and installed the fix like described with Mi rexovery.
I don't un ...

After updated to CWM_6.0.5.0 custom recovery and I finally managed to install the fix successfully.

Now, I can activate Xposed on my MiPad.

Thanks a lot for your great help and patient.

Comment

AndroidFuchs Support: 5 Objection: 0 Thank you for your feedback  17:50, Nov-18-2015

Credits
Device
Online time
23 Hours
Send PM
17:46, Nov-18-2015 | From PC
|

Thanks for that. It finally works on my Mi Pad

Comment

AndroidFuchs Support: 5 Objection: 0 Thanks for your feedback  17:50, Nov-18-2015

Credits
Device
Online time
41 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 7Mi TVRedmi NoteRedmi 1SXiaomi Mi 4Mi PadFan Of MIUI BangladeshHumor Master

14:08, Nov-18-2015 | From PC
|
AndroidFuchs replied at 2015-11-18 13:49

It did work just fine on the first attempt. I am running miui7 dev rom with custom recovery. Thank you very much once again.
Screenshot_2015-11-18-11-32-22_pro.burgerz.wsm.manager.png
Screenshot_2015-11-18-11-32-22_pro.burgerz.wsm.manager.png

Comment

AndroidFuchs Support: 5 Thank ,you very much for your feedback  17:26, Nov-18-2015

Credits
Device
Online time
10 Hours
Send PM

Die-hard MIUI Fan

07:05, Nov-16-2015 | From PC
|
gimma link!

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi Pad
Online time
583 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi BandMi HomeMi Power BankXiaomi 7th AnniversaryFantastic!MIUI 2016Awesome!MIUI 7MIUI 6I Love MIUIMIUI 2015Mi TVMi 4cMi 2Redmi 2Mi PadHappy Diwali600K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI V5 Review300K Forum MembersMIUI 4th AnniversaryHappy Singles' DayMIUI 100 Million UsersMerry ChristmasMIUI 300 Weeks1 Million Forum MembersXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Forum AppMIUI World TourThanksgiving Day700K Forum MembersSuper Tuesday800K Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamAndroid GuruStar Of TechnologyMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Star Of IconsDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Global Forum 2014Scroll Of WisdomYouth PledgeForum Contest LoverHumor MasterUpdates LoverDebate Master

07:10, Nov-16-2015 | From PC
|
Thanks looking forward to try it out
Somewhere,  something incredible is waiting to be known. (Carl Sagan)

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi Pad
Online time
81 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIMi PadMIUI 4th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI SpainMIUI Beta TeamAndroid GuruMost Active MIUIer

07:13, Nov-16-2015 | From PC
|
Taxi thx

Credits
Device
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
08:39, Nov-16-2015 | From PC
|
Many thanks for sharing.

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
10:43, Nov-16-2015 | From PC
|

Supreme Member

Love To Help !

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
610 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFi RouterMi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi WiFi Router MiniMi Power BankMi Power StripUnlock MedalXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestFlashholicI Love MIUIMIUI 2015MIUI 2016Awesome!MIUI 6Fantastic!MIUI 7MarshmallowMIUI 8Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi 2Mi PadRedmi 1SMi 4cRedmi Note 2Redmi Note 3800K Forum MembersDiwali MIUI 9Fan Of MIUI India700K Forum Members900K Forum MembersMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From SingaporeThanksgiving Day1 Million Forum MembersMerry ChristmasI Love 2016MIUI 6th AnniversaryHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Forum AppMid-Autumn Festival1500K Forum Members5 Million Forum PostsSuper ThursdayMIUI 2017Happy New YearXiaomi 5th AnniversaryXiaomi 6th AnniversaryHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan from IndiaMiPopI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Device TeamMIUI Beta TeamMi TalentMIUI Medals CollectorMi Bunny Game Master MIUI Weekly Devices QuizHumor MasterMIUI Photography GuruRedmi Note 3 ExplorerAndroid ElfAndroid GuruMi Lover MedalTechnology GuruMIUI ExpertApp TalentStar Of TechnologyPioneer of MIUI English Forum OTA FeedbackScroll Of WisdomForum Contest LoverMIUI Twitter FollowerUpdates LoverDebate MasterDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FollowerMIUI Device ExpertMIUI FB Follower

11:35, Nov-16-2015 | Via mobile
|
Great Work

Credits
Device
Online time
35 Hours
Send PM
13:25, Nov-16-2015 | From PC
|
Great

Credits