Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM

[Tips & Tutorials] Xiaomi Mi Band pairing issue bluetooth - ISSUE FIXED!!!

[ Promote]
334421 131 |
11:01, Oct-16-2015 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
Hey Guys,

I just got myself a Xiaomi Mi band and it just wouldn't pair with my phone, even after trying to pair a gazzilion number of times. Tried almost every fix that was possible and which were written on this forum ( forgetting all the bluetooth paired devices, re-installing the app, hard resetting the phone, allowing MI band to reset and every other hack. But nothing did work ) I'm using Google Nexus 5 running on Android version Marshmallow 6.0.

So when i was almost about to throw away my MI band, I found a way to pair the MI band with the phone. So I'm sharing it with you all since there aren't any proper fix on this forum. Worked for me, So probably should work for you guys as well. (Disclamimer:Its a lengthy confusing process )

First and foremost, you should have a phone running on Android version 4.3 or higher. And also bluetooth  v4.0 (well, thats what i read from other forums. haven't really tried pairing with a v3.0 bluetooth enabled phone).

1.) So here is what you do. You find the MAC address of your Mi band's bluetooth.

For this, you have to download an app called "Bluetooth 4.0 Scanner". After installing the app, switch on your phone's bluetooth, make sure your MI band has sufficient charge, keep it close to the phone and select "Start Scan". (Make sure you turn ON your GPS. The  app will anyways prompt you to enable the GPS. GOD KNOWS WHY!! ).
Once the scanning is complete, you can go to Database Tab and select "Download data" and it gives you an option to share/store the data in your phone. Do it!! If you open the data, you can find an entry under MAC ADDRESS. Something like, "88:0f:12:0F:1D:CC:BA". Make a note of it.

Scan Page

Scan Page

Download Page

Download Page

2.) Now, you download and install an app called "Mi Band Notify" by mcgroup.

After you download and install, open the app. It will try connecting with your MI band and ultimately you will get an error stating connection has failed (If it connects, well and good, you are good to go). Now, there will be an option to connect to a bluetooth device with a specific MAC Address. An option something like-  set bluetooth MAC address manually. (Sorry i don't remember the exact info. It will prompt you something like- manual set. Don't worry, it won't be problem). Now enter the MAC address which you had previously noted down from the "Bluetooth 4.0 scanner" app. And now you should be paired with the MI band without a fuss. But wait, you are only paired with this app, and not yet with the actual MI fit app. So here is what you do next.

Now the Mi Band Notify app will prompt you to fill up your profile details such as height, weight, sex etc. After that there's an option to fill Xiaomi user id, and you will have an option to fetch the details directly from Mi Fit app. ( Since i have already paired it's not seen in the screenshot.) Select the "Fetch from the MI Fit" option and Voila MI band will be paired with MI Fit app!

Screenshot_20151016-072316.png

Mi band's LED will start flickering once it is paired, and you will have to tap a few times on the LED to finalize the pairing. Now the firmware upgrade takes place and Finallyyyyyy you are paired with MI Band.
P.S. Dont unpair the MI band unless it is absolute necessary. There have been cases where after unpairing, we weren't able to pair again following the same procedure.

This worked for me as well as two of my other friends. Comment below in case of any concerns. Aaways happy to help. And yea thank me later   

Favorite26 Share

Rated by 8 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

thekoez + 1 Thanks!
Leenuch + 1 Awesome!
OGgy_37 + 1 Great!
Marcelo16548853 + 1 Fantastic!
piotr.b + 1 Fantastic!
Findmenowzero + 4 Great!
LuckyMeAgain + 10 + 3 Helped me out. Thanks
XiaoPomm + 1 Thanks!

Experience +20  Prestige +3  View Rating Log

Credits
Device
Mi 4i
Online time
57 Hours
Send PM

3500K Forum Members

17:15, Oct-27-2016 | From PC
|
Hello everybody; here i the solution to the mi pairing issue.
Fix-it for Mi Band 2

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mc.fixitformiband2&hl=en

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

Leenuch + 1 Awesome!

Experience +1  View Rating Log

Credits
Device
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM
19:42, Oct-28-2016 | From PC
|
ghailoo replied at 2016-10-27 17:15
Hello everybody; here i the solution to the mi pairing issue.
Fix-it for Mi Band 2

Didn't worked for me

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
01:29, Jan-13-2016 | Via mobile
|
This worked! It worked... It wooooorks... HAHAHAHAHAHA. I was sending back to the seller already when I Google this, tried and now it works... Thank you very much dude... This is awesome!!!

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
00:56, Oct-17-2015 | From PC
|
This post was edited by rprimus at 05:07, Oct-17-2015

Fri Oct 16 17:51:16 BST 2015

The easiest way to get the MAC address is via the Mi Band App:
Top Right (...) -> Settings ->  Mi Band -> Firmware Version

Tap on it and the MAC address will be displayed for 5 secs.

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

XiaoPomm + 1 Great!

Experience +1  View Rating Log

Credits
Device
Others
Online time
9 Hours
Send PM
04:37, Oct-18-2015 | From PC
|
rprimus replied at 2015-10-17 00:56
Fri Oct 16 17:51:16 BST 2015

The easiest way to get the MAC address is via the Mi Band App:

Correct but only if the device is paired.

Credits
Device
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
21:34, Oct-23-2015 | Via mobile
|
you're a life saver man

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4
Online time
159 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFi RouterMIUI 7Fantastic!FlashholicMIUI 2016I Love MIUIXiaomi Mi 4900K Forum MembersThanksgiving DayMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan from TurkeyHappy New YearMIUI 300 WeeksFan of MIUI MyanmarMerry ChristmasMIUI Fan From Indonesia1 Million Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Die-hard MIUI FanYouth PledgeForum Contest LoverOTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum Ringtone TalentMIUI FollowerUpdates LoverAndroid ElfRingtone Star Android GuruMIUI Resources TeamDebate MasterHumor MasterMi Bunny Game Master

22:42, Oct-23-2015 | From PC
|
good suggestion.

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
16:46, Oct-30-2015 | From PC
|
Yes !!! awesome ... thanks man

Credits
Device
Others
Online time
10 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 2015Fan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanMIUI 100 Million Users

21:57, Oct-30-2015 | From PC
|
thhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhanks
After resetting my phone i remembered that i forget to reset the band before
so i could not use the band for more than 4 months
but now it is syncing  

Credits
Device
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
16:12, Nov-04-2015 | From PC
|
Thanks for this, it worked!!!

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
02:26, Nov-07-2015 | From PC
|
Brilliant...Superb man. :)

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
22:52, Nov-08-2015 | From PC
|
Where exactly is the" "Fetch from the MI Fit" option "  in the Mi notify app  ? I see the exact image given above, when I click on the "Help" button shown above, it sends me to the Mi Fit app, but it does not pair.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list