Send PM

[Tips & Tutorials] AMAZFIT bip data sync with mi fit problems [SOLVED]

[ Promote]
13203 7 |
13:48, Feb-07-2018 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
Got your Amazfit pair with your iPhone with these problems?
  • step count record doesn't sync with your phone
  • no sleep data whatsoever
  • no heart rate record but it seems to show on the watch
  • no goals reach record appear on the app even tho you just got that notification from your watch
  • activities record doesn't sync from watch to phone no matter how many time you try to sync them
  • it shows 0 avg steps 0 total km (and obviously) 0 reached goal
  • and can't get weather information to display on the watch after several pairs and syncs
  • but all your data is there on health (iPhone app) if you allow health to access your data
if you are facing these problems then you are having probably the same problems I had.

Amazfit sync problem

Amazfit sync problem

I went to their support forum, and all they can tell you is that you need to restart your device. So sad but true. Anyway, I finally get rid of all that and get all the functions work! and the cause of all these is way too stupid to imagine.
Ever heard of Y2K that computer going to cause chaotic just because the year represented by their last 2 digits? There are plenty articles about it that you can search. Amazefit similarly can't work with other date and calendar system besides the one they picked. I don't know what calendar system they have in China, but there are at least 2 popular time systems use on this planet!!! The reason that data can't sync to mi fit is that you don't use the calendar and time system that mi engineer is familiar with!!!! Yes, if you are not using 24-hour time and Gregorian calendar, none of the listed data is gonna sync.

Here how i solved it:
First Goto Settings > General

Here there're probably 2 things you have to change which is time and calendar systems (it can be just one of these since your phone might have 1 of these settings match with mi)

For time goto Date & Time > make the 24-hour time ON
For calendar goto Language & Region > in region formats section > calendar > change it to Gergorian

Lastly, and its a must, restart your phone.

Amazfit sync problem solved

Amazfit sync problem solved

Then try to sync your data again. It should work this time. If not you can try extra more of the regular steps that they usually ask you to try which are unpair, delete and reinstall the app, restart all your devices.

Amazfit bip is such a nice smartwatch with an affordable price. The app development team should take some serious programming course and be aware of a real-world situation.

Favorite4 Share

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
18:16, Mar-20-2018 | From PC
|
Can you sync with 12 Hour (AM/PM) time system ?

I try it , many restart but it not working for me

if i turn to 24 hour system it working fine

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
17:46, Apr-30-2018 | Via mobile
|
Could you show you procedure step by step? I have the same problem but I didn’t see those options that you mentioned.

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
09:19, May-10-2018 | Via mobile
|
This post was edited by jchacana at 11:24, May-10-2018

Thanks a lot!!!!!! With this tips problems resolved!!  Amazfit support team never give me an explanation or work around like this.

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
20:39, Jun-10-2018 | Via mobile
|
They should redesign MiFit app. I am not going to change my phone time format which is 12hr and the regional calendar. May be I shall through away the Amazfit bip. The watch itself is good and nice. The culprit is MiFit.

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
22:26, Aug-16-2018 | From PC
|
OMG Thanks for your help I was about to destroy my watch! HA HA HA... I really apreciate your help!!!! You made my day!

Credits
Device
Online time
6 Hours
Send PM
21:04, Aug-22-2018 | From PC
|
I'd like to give a prop to APaperClip.  I was about to throw away my Amazfit Bip watch too.

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
08:16, Jan-31-2019 | From PC
|
Hi

I really appreciate you. You've done fantastic job.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list