Gold Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4
Online time
71 Hours
Send PM

Xiaomi Mi 4

GPS fix doesn't hold when the app is in background on miui 7 (Was ok on Miui 6)

[ Promote]
14490 18 |
02:24, Sep-21-2015 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
Device
Mi 4
MIUI Version
Reproduce rate
100%
ROM version
Global Beta ROM
Country/Region
France
Description
This behavior wasn't there when using miui 6
The GPS fix doesn't hold when the app using the GPS location is running in background or not displayed on the screen.
Steps to reproduce
My running app Runtastic pro use the GPS to track my trail but as soon as I lock my phone the app says it lost the GPS signal. To verify I tried this. I lauchn the app and the phone is trying to fix my position. Everything is ok. I lauchn my running session, I click on the home button and get back on the launcher and instantly I Gps icon on the notification bar disappears and 5 seconds later GPS signal lost.
When running miui 6 there was no problem putting runtastic in background, locking up my phone, launching spotify or doing whatever I want it wouldn't loose my GPS signal. Now I receive a call or I want to write an sms or simply lock my phone and no more GPS fix !
Same problem with google maps, I need to leep it running or it looses the GPS signal. I was used to use it in background with the navigation voice while using another app but cant do that anymore !
Screenshot
--
Log
--
Please fix this it makes the GPS unusable
Favorite8 Share

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
Mi 4
Online time
2693 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIAwesome!Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi 1SMIUI 100 Million UsersFan Of MIUI IndiaHappy Diwali2014 Christmas500K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppXiaomi 6th Anniversary600K Forum MembersMIUI Global Forum 20142017 Annual AwardsDie-hard MIUI FanPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FB FollowerMIUI G+ Follower

07:12, Sep-21-2015 | From PC
|
Do this,
↠Pull the toggle bar.
↠Hold the GPS to reach GPS settings.
↠Enable "Allow background location"
Return to GPS settings
↠Background location acces>Allow the app by selecting it.

Also do this,
Check this,
↠Settings>Additional Settings>Battery>Manage app battery usage, now disable/turn off the following options.
-Manage app battery usage
-Restrict apps when battery is low
Then reboot the device and check.

Also check this,
↠Security App>Data Usage>Data Usage Stats, select the apps and check whether "Background data" is allowed or not.
Would you like to know, why the bug thread is closed?
If yes, then Click here

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
256 Hours
Send PM

Yeelight Bedside LampMi BandMi WiFi RouterMi Power BankMi HomeMi T-ShirtMIUI 7Fantastic!Awesome!MIUI 2015MarshmallowI Love MIUIMi 3Redmi NoteMi PadRedmi 2Redmi Note 2600K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From BrazilMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI 7th Anniversary800K Forum Members900K Forum MembersThanksgiving DayFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI BangladeshSurge S1Fan Of MIUI Russia2014 ChristmasXiaomi 6th Anniversary1800K Forum MembersMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From Singapore1700K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Global Forum 2014OTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerMi Lover MedalApp TalentMIUI ExpertMi TalentTechnology GuruForum Contest LoverDie-hard MIUI FanYouth PledgeInbox Zero

22:38, Sep-21-2015 | Via mobile
|
yea, this settings helps me too,I am also faced, but find myself how to fix it.

Credits
Device
Online time
6 Hours
Send PM
12:37, Oct-12-2015 | Via mobile
|
I'm on mi 3 and when I went to background location access, I see empty List and only a select all button. If I press it, settings app crashes, every time.

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
20:34, Nov-01-2015 | From PC
|
Veerasuri replied at 2015-9-21 07:12
Do this,
↠Pull the toggle bar.
↠Hold the GPS to reach GPS settings.

My handphone have a same problem and i do what you say but still same. please help me, how to fix it

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 2 Prime
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
02:10, Mar-22-2016 | From PC
|
This post was edited by cva19 at 02:13, Mar-22-2016

Same problem with my Redmi Note 2 with MIUI Global 6.3.3 Beta - I tried the hints above, but the problem is still there, and very annoying.

One thing I should mention: The first hint didn't work for me. There is no option "Allow background location".

Credits
Device
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
16:00, Apr-03-2016 | Via mobile
|
Hi, i have the same problem with my redmi note 2 and the 6.3.24 developer rom.

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4X
Online time
14 Hours
Send PM
15:20, May-08-2016 | Via mobile
|
Same Problem with 6.4.14 Developer Rom. Please Fix !!

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4i
Online time
8 Hours
Send PM
02:02, May-20-2016 | Via mobile
|
Hi earlier when i enable gps in top toolbar , it used to gps searching icon near signals etc at the top, but now nothing after enabling gps . Plz help. It show the icon when open gmap .

Credits
Device
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
20:17, Jun-06-2016 | From PC
|
I was also affected by this. My dashcam app and GPS tracker didn't get GPS location.
It appears to be not a bug but a "feature" of MIUI power saving function. It is turned on be default and restrict background apps from accessing GPS location and data networks. To solve the problem go to Settings -> Additional Settings -> Battery -> Manage apps battery usage. There either make an exception for your apps that need GPS and data networkds in background or turn the power saving function off completely.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list