MIUI Honorary Moderator

I am unique just like everybod

Credits
Device
Mi Note
Online time
642 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power BankMi T-ShirtMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandFantastic!MIUI 7I Love MIUIMIUI 2015MIUI 2016Awesome!MIUI 8MIUI 6Mi 3Mi PadMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 4th AnniversaryI Love 20162014 ChristmasMIUI 100 Million Users1st AnniversaryMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 50 Million Users300K Forum MembersFan MIUI PhilippinesSingapore Birthday1300K Forum Members1 Million Forum Members5 Million Forum PostsXiaomi 5th AnniversaryThanksgiving DayMIUI 6th Anniversary900K Forum Members1400K Forum Members700K Forum Members800K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Photography GuruMIUI Photography Classroom TeacherAndroid GuruMIUI Medals CollectorMi Lover MedalMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Photography Team MemberUpdates LoverMIUI Global Forum 2014Super MIUI ThemeForum Contest LoverDebate MasterStar Of IconsPioneer of MIUI English Forum OTA FeedbackDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Follower

[Tips and Tutorials] [FIX MI BUNNY] Fix Could not Activate SIM Card Problem

[ Promote]
183544 85 |
09:09, Sep-06-2015 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by jenz1 at 16:37, Sep-06-2015

fixmi bunny.jpg

Hi MIUIers! Fix Mi Bunny is back with another quick fix for you. This time we solve the COULD NOT ACTIVATE SIM CARD problem.

We've all been there. New phone. new SIM card. We open our phone and go through the motion of setting it up and turning on Mi Messaging and then when we get to the home screen, what do we see? Immediately we get the "Could not activate SIM card" notification. It's frustrating because it keeps notifying us without actually saying what its for or how to solve it right? Well, don't worry! Fix Mi Bunny is on the case:

So what is this error? The error is due to your SIM card trying to send a message to Xiaomi to verify your SIM card number and activate your Mi Messaging. This has nothing to do with your network connection. Since most of us use prepaid SIM and normally dont have enough balance to send SMS abroad, the SMS fails.

You have THREE (3) options to try to solve the problem:

1. The first and most obvious solution of course is to TOP-UP your balance (for prepaid subscribers) or activate international messaging/roaming on your device (for post-paid). This will allow your SIM to send the verification. (This is not advisable though as this will be charged to your account). It's best to do step 2 and 3

2. TURN-OFF Mi Messaging on your phone. This can be done by (while in Messaging) long press menu button to enter Message Settings (Figure 1) then toggle the Mi Message to OFF (Figure 2). Downside here is you won't be able to use Mi Messaging which is pretty useful for texting friends free of charge. (that is if their connected to the internet and use MIUI too.)

Figure 1
menu.jpg
Figure 2
Screenshot_2015-09-06-08-26-49.png

3. Go to i.mi.com and login with your Mi ID/Account.
window_1.PNG

You can also create your Mi ID here if you haven't yet. Just click on the "Create Mi Account" below the login page (Figure 4).
window_2.PNG
The site will prompt you to verify your SIM number and will send you the activation/verification code to that same number. That way, you will not be charged for international SMS since Xiaomi will be the one sending you the SMS. NOT your SIM.

Note: You may sometimes received a jumbled message of numbers/letters from Xiaomi instead of the actual verification code. If this happens. Put your SIM card on another device (preferably an old, non-android phone) and try to send a verification code again.

There you go! Hope this fix your SIM card activation problem. Do you have other solution(s) for this problem, feel free to leave your comment at the Comments Section below.

This is Fix Mi Bunny, always Hop-py to help!

Other FIX Mi Bunny Quick Fix and Life Hacks:
Camera Flash Flooding/White Wash on Images - Quick Fix
Fix Messaging Force Close When Sending to Short Numbers
DIY Mobilephone Stand Life Hack
Explorer Crashing after Update to DevROM 5.1.30 Quick Fix
Running Out of Juice? Use your phone as an emerency powerbank
A Speedy Mi4i - Quick Hack for New Owners

MIUI 7 Quick Fixes Collection
Smaller Text Sizes and Customized Button
Deleting MIUI 7 Themes, "India Only" for All

Favorite30 Share

Rated by 15 people   Experience Reason  

kateleal + 1 Thank you so much!
『⁷ˢᵏʸ』™ + 5 Thanks!
MiFael + 2 Great!
SvEgiiVEteR + 1 Great!
kyawzintunn + 1 Thanks!
superjames14 + 1 Fantastic!
raj2014 + 5 Thanks!
osm_raag + 1 Great!
chgbhat + 5 Great!
arunjisingl + 1 Great!
swastikswaroop + 5 Great!
lijo_1 + 5 Fantastic!
saimadhav + 5 Fantastic!
MAMs1992 + 1 Agreed!
AilsaZ + 10 Nice!

Experience +49  View Rating Log

http://jenietomboc.wix.com/portfolio

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm
Online time
57 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan from TurkeyDie-hard MIUI FanDiscuss Here

07:50, Dec-02-2017 | From PC
|
not work.
I passed another mobile operator
the problem started after that
still the same
this is so stupid
How can xiaomi not solve this?

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
20:42, Apr-30-2018 | Via mobile
|
Please see.  Only for redmi note 4 user.  Ur issue will be resolved

Credits
Device
Mi 4c
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM
20:44, May-22-2017 | From PC
|
disabling notifications from Xiaomi Sim activation service (installed apps) fixed this:

http://c.mi.com/thread-126465-1-1.html

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
51 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Story TellerMi VR HeadsetMi HomeFantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 2016Xiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI 6th Anniversary1900K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppI Love 20161500K Forum MembersRooster Year of 20171 Million Forum App InstallsThanksgiving DayMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny Die-hard MIUI FanMIUI FB FollowerMi Lover MedalMIUI FollowerStar Of TechnologyMi Story TellerScroll Of WisdomUpdates LoverAndroid GuruAndroid ElfForum Contest LoverMi TalentTechnology GuruMaster Of TechnologyInbox Zero

12:41, Jul-23-2016 | From PC
|
im from nepal and i have redmi note 3 SD variant .Im also facing such problem. lots of mobile balance is consumed but not activated yet how to solve please tell me other idea...

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
23:49, Mar-27-2019 | Via mobile
|
I got problem in balance inquire in my phone .it doesn't shows how much balance in my sim so can you plz send me the solution of this problem ..tell me the setting steps

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5s Plus
Online time
18 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMijia Story TellerUnlock MedalMagic CubeMi Band 2Mi BandFantastic!MIUI 8I Love MIUIMi 5s PlusRedmi Note 3Thanksgiving DayMIUI 9MIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Follower9 Million Forum MembersStar Of TechnologyForum Contest LoverTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalMi Story TellerDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI King

21:11, Feb-18-2019 | From PC
|
Friends, this activation of the "simcard" in xiaomi, is enough for you to use the imessenger, and I do not know anyone who uses it, just disable the notification and that's it. It's annoying, it's over as long as they do not solve this server.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Online time
15 Hours
Send PM

FlashholicMIUI 9OreoMIUI Halloween 2017Pioneer of MIUI English Forum Die-hard MIUI Fan

02:40, Feb-18-2019 | From Redmi 4 Prime
|
📢
it needs internet connection Wifi or data to activate, not the sms. you need to edit your no. in mi account and add your new no. as a phone identification or security

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Online time
15 Hours
Send PM

FlashholicMIUI 9OreoMIUI Halloween 2017Pioneer of MIUI English Forum Die-hard MIUI Fan

02:35, Feb-18-2019 | From Redmi 4 Prime
|
abideau replied at 2019-2-15 23:13
Hi.....This "fix", doesnt work; I still can not activate my SIM Card.
What else do you recommend?

it needs internet connection WiFi or data, change your old no. in your mi account and add new no. select account security use your new no. as phone identification.

Credits
Device
Mi Pad 4
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM
18:02, Feb-17-2019 | From PC
|
Hello, I got this issue with my Mi Pad 4 plus - shared emails with xiaomi support for several weeks without any solution. They requested me to drop my issue here in the forum...
The main thing I want to achieve is to get my device unlocked so I can install the eu.rom for german language - but therefore I need to get my sim to be activated, or is there still another option?
Tried all mentioned options to solve the problem, tried different sim cards which all work in any other devices...
Any conclusions? Please help me!!
kind regards
raste

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
23:13, Feb-15-2019 | From PC
|
Hi.....This "fix", doesnt work; I still can not activate my SIM Card.
What else do you recommend?

Tks!!

Credits
Device
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM
04:00, Jan-02-2019 | Via mobile
|
I increased my spend limit on my number. The SMS that is sent is charged and needs airtime. That's what worked for me

Credits
Device
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM

MIUI Devices ContestMIUI 2017

06:10, Dec-05-2018 | Via mobile
|
I tried all too and it doesn't help. I got this problem after I changed a sim

Credits
Device
Online time