MIUI Device Team

Credits
Device
Redmi 4A
MIUI Version
Online time
80 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxMi ScaleMijia Smart PTZ CameraMijia Walkie TalkieMi TV 70Mi  BunnyFantastic!MarshmallowMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!FlashholicRedmi 4/Prime/4AMIUI 2017Happy New YearRocket to FutureSuper MondayMIUI 9MIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Happy MedalHappy DiwaliMIUI 7th AnniversaryMerry ChristmasMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Device TeamMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatScroll Of WisdomTechnology GuruStar Of TechnologyMIUI Follower2017 Annual AwardsMIUI Twitter FollowerMi Lover MedalMr. DependableMIUI Halloween 2017Android GuruOTA FeedbackMIUI Medals CollectorTheme Talent

[Discussion] [Device Team] Faceoff Between Reverse Image Searching Apps and Google Lens!

[ Promote]
1859 103 |
09:11, Jan-12-2018 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
IMG_20180112_135834.jpg

Hello MIUIers,

What's Up? Hope you're doing Great!

There are lots of applications and websites which allows the users to reverse image search, but today we're going to compare the apps only by keeping aside the websites.

There are various apps to perform this search, but we're going to have a Faceoff! Between Reverse Image Searching Apps. Namely, Image Search-PictPics, CamFind and The Google Lens.

What is Reverse Image Searching?
Reverse Image Searching is nothing but, Capture an Image and Search about that image on web. For this purpose their are lots of Applications Available on Play Store. Let's put put them together and make a difference Comparison!!!

Hope you will like it! Let's get stared.

Image Search - PictPicks

Let's begin with a unique App that you haven't heard of named as PictPicks. Which not only Reverse search for images but also makes sure that you can find images that you want by simply searching. Let's get deeper.

Installation:
  • The installation process is pretty easy.
  • Click Here to download.
IMG_20180111_175702.jpg

Popularity:
  • This App is not Popular as compared to CamFind. I had downloaded some of the well-known Apps regarding our Topic but the experience was not that Great.
  • This app will help you to do something unique.

Interface:
  • In terms of Interface, this Apps' interface is pretty decent.
  • Black Coloured and Simple User Interface looks nice.
  • Popping ads makes it looks bad for sometimes.

IMG_20180112_083513.jpg

Exclusive Features:
  • After opening the App you will get a Feature to search for the Images.
  • By Typing in the Search Images Tab or by Simply tapping the mic icon. (i.e. by using Voice Recognition/Search).
  • You can Apply Filter for your Images as well.

IMG_20180111_213933.jpg

• In Filter Settings, you can do some Advance Stuff like

• - Image Size
  • - Aspect Ratio
  • - File Formats
  • - Safe Search

(To make the search more quicker and specific)
And a much more

IMG_20180111_185147.jpg

Search for Image:

IMG_20180111_190903.jpg
This is our main Point of Discussion. So let's get deeper and see how it performs.

Kindly Note:
I will not capture Photos Real-time instead I will use photos which are saved in my Gallery.

Let's see How to do it:
  • - Go to Search for Images Functionality
  • - Click on Album icon on top Right
  • - Allow Storage Permissions
IMG_20180111_192113.jpg
Test No.1
I am giving the App to Reverse Search this Image

IMG_20180111_193057.jpg

The app got Right Answer!!!
After Reverse Searching the image App Comes with Related images.

CamFind - Visual Search Engine

Very Famous App. That Everyone knows about Called as CamFInd. It's an App to Reverse Search Images with ease. I can Recommend this App to anyone without any hesitation. Let's get Deep into it.

Installation:
  • The installation process is pretty easy.
  • Click Here to Download

IMG_20180111_201031.jpg

Popularity:
  • This app is most popular as compared to the apps' popularity which we're comparing in this thread

Interface:
  • In terms of Interface, the App looks Awesome.
  • The mixture of Colours, Colour Scheme is so beautiful. It enhances your Experience of Image Searching. Let's have a look.

IMG_20180111_201850.jpg

Exclusive Features:
  • After Opening the App you will see the Features Directly to Capture Pic and search it on the web.
  • You can search your Favourite Pic from 'Add' on top Right.
  • You will get Features like Online Stream and Offline Stream.
  • You can Do some Advance stuff by going to Settings.

• - Internet Search Results
  • - Related/Similar Images
  • - Film Poster/DVD Recognition
  • - Instant sharing to Facebook, Twitter, Email, and Text
  • - Ability to upload and save images to or from Camera Roll
  • - QR and Barcode Scanner
  • - Voice Search
  • - Text Search

And much more...

Search for Images:
You can add images to search from Add icon on Top Right. Let's see how it works.

Test No.1
Kindly Note:
I'll go with the Same image that I have tested with the App above.
IMG_20180111_203524.jpg

The app got Right Answer!!!
With Voice as well !!!
After Reverse Searching the image App Comes with Related images.

The Google Lens

Google's own implementation for Reverse Image Searching known as Google Lens. Google Lens works on visual analysis.

Installation:
Installation of this Functionality can be a difficult to some users as it Requires
  • - Unlocked Bootloader
  • - Pre-installed TWRP Custom Recovery

Let's go through the Installation process...

Step 1: Boot into TWRP Recovery
IMG_20180111_205233.jpg

Step 2: Changing Language to English
IMG_20180111_152048.jpg

Step 3: Flashing GoogleLensInstaller.zip
IMG_20180111_152111.jpg

Step 4: Rebooting without disabling Stock Recovery
IMG_20180111_141839.jpg

You're Done..!!!

Kindly Note:
For using Google Lens Successfully you need Google Photos App as it is integrated into Google Photos App.

Test No. 1
Kindly Note:
I'll go with the Same image that I have tested with the App above.

IMG_20180111_210314.jpg

Google Lens got it Right..!!
It shows Related images as well

Final Test

1. Test with a Cat at my neighbour:
PictPics:
IMG_20180111_213259.jpg
CamFind:

Google Lens:

IMG_20180111_213456.jpg
2. Test with 2 Yonex Rackets and 1 Shuttlecock:

PictPics:

IMG_20180111_213138.jpg

CamFind:

IMG_20180111_213016.jpg

Google Lens:

IMG_20180111_212946.jpg
3.Test with Adulsa Flower:
PictPics:

IMG_20180111_213317.jpg

CamFind:

IMG_20180111_213219.jpg
Google Lens:

Thanks to @Cherri94, @leoism, @Justzzshadz @abhijitdevnath for their valuable suggestions and all of my team mates for supporting me.
Thanks to  our Admin @candicesu for always supporting the whole device team members to make quality thread.

Signing off
@Geekyvarun
MIUI Device Team

Single-option Poll, 181 members voted
Your User group have no permission to vote
Favorite13 Share

Rated by 19 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

DJStatikVX + 10 + 3 Great!
satanloveyou + 1 Great!
candicesu + 10 + 4 Fantastic!
rahul_09 + 10 + 5 Awesome!
Katrix + 10 + 5 Fantastic!
cherri94 + 5 Awesome!
srsakib + 5 Awesome!
CLAYTON_WWC + 10 + 3 Awesome!
Anas.ShaIkh11 + 5 Awesome!
Nig_ZA + 10 + 5 Awesome!
KoHsetGyi + 10 + 3 Fantastic!
praweshch + 5 Fantastic!
Prince26712 + 10 + 5 Awesome!
728292 + 5 Fantastic!
mitch002 + 10 + 5 Awesome!
Bagosc + 5 Awesome!
Amulet23 + 10 + 3 Awesome!
PrinceKaran + 5 Fantastic!!!
abhijitdevnath + 10 + 2 Awesome!

Experience +146  Prestige +43  View Rating Log

MIUI Beta Team - Global

Credits
Device
Redmi 4A
MIUI Version
Online time
6 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxMi TV 70Awesome!FlashholicRedmi 4/Prime/4ARocket to FutureMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI 9MIUI Lucky FridayHappy New YearMerry ChristmasOTA FeedbackMi Lover MedalMr. DependableStar Of TechnologyMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI FollowerMIUI G+ Follower2017 Annual AwardsTheme Talent

00:58, Jan-13-2018 | From Redmi 4A
|
CamFind is Good, I should try it🙂

MIUI Beta Team - Global

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V8.5.7.0.MCCMIED
Online time
5 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!FlashholicRedmi 4/Prime/4AMi Lover MedalTheme Talent

01:01, Jan-13-2018 | From Redmi 4A
|
Image search is best for me☺☺

MIUI Device Team

Credits
Device
Redmi 4A
MIUI Version
Online time
80 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxMi ScaleMijia Smart PTZ CameraMijia Walkie TalkieMi TV 70Mi  BunnyFantastic!MarshmallowMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!FlashholicRedmi 4/Prime/4AMIUI 2017Happy New YearRocket to FutureSuper MondayMIUI 9MIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Happy MedalHappy DiwaliMIUI 7th AnniversaryMerry ChristmasMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Device TeamMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatScroll Of WisdomTechnology GuruStar Of TechnologyMIUI Follower2017 Annual AwardsMIUI Twitter FollowerMi Lover MedalMr. DependableMIUI Halloween 2017Android GuruOTA FeedbackMIUI Medals CollectorTheme Talent

Author| 01:02, Jan-13-2018 | From Redmi 4A
|
MintuKumar replied at 2018-1-12 22:28
CamFind is Good, I should try it🙂

Congratulations...!!

I told you "You can do it" and

Thanks for reply

MIUI Beta Team - Global

Credits
Device
Redmi 4A
MIUI Version
Online time
6 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxMi TV 70Awesome!FlashholicRedmi 4/Prime/4ARocket to FutureMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI 9MIUI Lucky FridayHappy New YearMerry ChristmasOTA FeedbackMi Lover MedalMr. DependableStar Of TechnologyMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI FollowerMIUI G+ Follower2017 Annual AwardsTheme Talent

01:05, Jan-13-2018 | From Redmi 4A
|
Geekyvarun replied at 2018-1-13 01:02
Congratulations...!!

I told you "You can do it" and

Thanks 🙂

MIUI Beta Team - China

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm
MIUI Version
Online time
109 Hours
Send PM

Mijia VR Play 2Mi Band 2Unlock MedalMijia Qi CycleMagic CubeMi VRMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi Selfie StickMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi HomeMijia Electric ScooterMi  BunnyMi Bluetooth SpeakerMijia Smart PTZ CameraMijia Walkie TalkieMi HeadphonesMi ScaleXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMarshmallowI Love MIUIMIUI 8Awesome!MIUI Devices ContestMIUI 7Fantastic!4 Million Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DaySuper FridayPokemon Master MedalMerry Christmas1 Million Forum App InstallsHappy New YearMIUI 2017MIUI Lucky FridayMid-Autumn FestivalDiwali Puzzle Master1500K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppOlympics MedalHappy DiwaliMi Live MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI 300 WeeksFan Of MIUI BangladeshUEFA EURO MedalSurge S1MIUI Happy MedalMIUI 9Rocket to Future5 Million Forum App InstallsSuper Saturday300K Forum MembersSuper WednesdaySuper MondayMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million Users100k Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsSuper Tuesday3 Million Forum MembersSummer Mi BunnyRingtone ExpertMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI FollowerTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalWallpaper ExpertForum Contest LoverMost Active MIUIerMr. DependableMi Bunny Game Master OTA FeedbackMIUI Halloween 2017Star Of TechnologyDebate MasterAndroid ElfAndroid GuruMi Story TellerScroll Of Wisdom2017 Annual AwardsYouth PledgeMIUI ExpertDie-hard MIUI FanMi TalentPioneer of MIUI English Forum Updates LoverMaster Of TechnologyMost Popular Forum UserRingtone Star

01:20, Jan-13-2018 | From PC
|
great job geeky, keep it up 👏👏

MIUI Beta Team - Global

BSC - MATH

Credits
Device
Mi Max 2
MIUI Version
Online time
907 Hours
Send PM

Mi ScaleMijia Walkie TalkieMijia Story TellerMijia Smart PTZ CameraMi HomeMi  BunnyMagic CubeMijia Qi CycleMi MIXMi Band 2Mi TV 70Mi BoxFlashholicI Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!Fantastic!4 Million Forum Members300K Forum MembersMIUI Font LoverPuzzle MasterFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI 9Rocket to FutureMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 2017Happy New YearHappy Holi MedalMIUI 50 Million UsersCamera Filter Guru MedalDiwali MIUI 100 Million UsersSuper Thursday3 Million Forum MembersMerry ChristmasSuper MondayHappy Diwali10 Million Forum PostsMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Happy MedalMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMiPopGamer Mi BunnyStar Of TechnologyMi Lover MedalPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI ExpertDie-hard MIUI FanOTA FeedbackScroll Of WisdomAndroid GuruDebate MasterAndroid ElfMIUI Halloween 2017Mr. Dependable2017 Annual AwardsMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI G+ FollowerRingtone ExpertMaster Of TechnologyMIUI Medals CollectorMost Active MIUIerTheme TalentTechnology GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Story TellerUpdates LoverMIUI Follower

01:24, Jan-13-2018 | From PC
|
Good Job. Keep it up
Always happy to help MIUI User

Please click Reply link below or type my tag @PrinceKaran  to notify me, so you'll get my attention and further assists.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 4A
MIUI Version
V8.5.7.0.MCCMIED
Online time
36 Hours
Send PM

Fantastic!MIUI Devices ContestFlashholicAwesome!MIUI Happy MedalMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 9Happy New YearMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Halloween 20172017 Annual Awards

01:25, Jan-13-2018 | From Redmi 4A
|
1. Google has "Googles" app. Funny name isn't it? It does exactly what Google Lens above do, without need to flash your device.
Unfortunately, abandoned project. Last update was 2014. Nevertheless, still work.

2. Google app. Yep, the one which you always throw "OK Google". It has a feature that also do search for whatever on your screen by long press home button. Default was turned off. In sort, same like Google Lens or Google Googles.

MIUI Device Team

Proud to be an Indian..!!!

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm
MIUI Version
Online time
160 Hours
Send PM

Mi  BunnyMijia Qi CycleMijia Walkie TalkieMijia Smart PTZ CameraUnlock MedalMi Band 2Mi VRMi MIXMi HeadphonesMi ScaleMi HomeMi Selfie StickMagic CubeMi BoxMi TV 70Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestFlashholicAwesome!Fantastic!MarshmallowMIUI 8I Love MIUIRedmi 4/Prime/4A4 Million Forum MembersMi 4iRedmi Note 4Redmi 25 Million Forum App InstallsFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Forum AppMIUI Fan from MalaysiaSuper SundayHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Font LoverSuper SaturdayRooster Year of 2017MIUI 201710 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersFan Of MIUI FranceSurge S1Women's Day MedalSuper WednesdaySuper MondayPuzzle MasterMIUI Lucky FridaySuper FridayMIUI Happy MedalRocket to FutureSuper TuesdaySuper ThursdayMIUI World Tour3500K Forum MembersMIUI 9Ataturk MourningMIUI 50 Million Users100k Forum MembersMIUI 7th AnniversaryHappy DiwaliMIUI Fan From PhilippinesFan Of MIUI IndiaDiwali 90000 Forum MembersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryHappy New Year300K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasMIUI 100 Million UsersMiPopI Love Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewMIUI Device TeamDebate MasterAndroid GuruRingtone ExpertMr. DependableMIUI Medals CollectorMost Active MIUIerMi Lover MedalTheme TalentMIUI Halloween 2017MIUI Twitter FollowerMi Bunny Game Master Master Of TechnologyTechnology GuruMIUI Expert2017 Annual AwardsMi TalentStar Of TechnologyScroll Of WisdomUpdates LoverPioneer of MIUI English Forum Die-hard MIUI Fan25 Million StrongMi Story TellerMIUI FollowerAndroid ElfForum Contest LoverYouth PledgeMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat

01:55, Jan-13-2018 | Via mobile
|
Nice thread mate.

MIUI Beta Team - Global

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm
MIUI Version
Online time
26 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Qi CycleMi MIXMijia Walkie TalkieMi Band 2Magic CubeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryFlashholicFantastic!Awesome!MIUI Devices ContestMarshmallowRedmi Note 4XRooster Year of 2017MIUI Lucky FridayFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Happy MedalMIUI 2017Merry ChristmasMIUI 9Happy New YearMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 50 Million UsersRocket to FutureGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Story TellerMIUI FollowerUpdates LoverTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalTheme TalentMr. DependableMost Active MIUIerMIUI G+ Follower2017 Annual AwardsMIUI Twitter FollowerOTA FeedbackMIUI Halloween 2017MIUI Medals CollectorStar Of TechnologyAndroid ElfAndroid GuruScroll Of WisdomMIUI Expert

02:00, Jan-13-2018 | Via mobile
|
Nice bro

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list