Xiaomi Global Team

Credits
Device
Mi Note
Online time
23 Hours
Send PM

[Contests] [MY Mi Fans Only] Win A Trip to India To Live Report The MIUI 7 Launch Event

[ Promote]
10339 60 |
12:33, Aug-10-2015 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by jenkinyat at 16:56, Aug-12-2015

miui-7-forum-banner_EN.png

MIUI lovers in Malaysia, we want you! MIUI 7 will debut soon and we are super excited for the global launch event that is gonna happen in New Delhi. We would love to invite you to represent Malaysia and join in the Unique MIUI 7 Incredible India Experience & be a VIP Mi Fan reporter!

Where and When?
The event will be held at New Delhi, India on 19th August. Return flight tickets and hotel accommodation will be covered.

How?
Step 1: Share your MIUI story with Mi in the most creative way possible. Feel free to use images and videos!

Step 2: Tell Mi your hobbies and how that can help you in becoming one of the best VIP Mi Fan reporters. Yes, there will be other VIP Mi Fan reporters from other countries!

Step 3: Provide Mi with a rough idea on how you’d like to cover the launch event as a VIP Mi Fan reporter. To get an idea, we might arrange these privileges for you :
  • Backstage access to observe the Mi Team on insane mode for the launch
  • Early entry to obtain exclusive behind the scenes moments
  • Phones and cameras for pictures taking and recording purposes. You can event document your hotel experiences!
  • One-day access to take over Mi Malaysia official Instagram account

Judging Criteria
Creativity- The more creative you are the more you’re also gonna get good rating from other MIUI fans on the forum
Writing- Perfect English is not needed, best if you can connect with everyone. Props for those who can make us laugh, or cry.
Visual- A picture speaks a thousand words. To represent Malaysia and engage with more Mi fans with your exclusive content, a reporter must be able to present special moments to capture attention

Submission period
10th August, 12:30 pm till 11th August, 11:59 pm. Winner will be contacted via Private Message by jenkinyat (thread owner)

Terms and conditions
- All submissions must be submitted here at this contest thread
- You must be available from 17 - 20 August 2015 to travel to India
- You are required to have a valid Malaysian passport with at least 6 months validity from the dates mentioned above
- You are required to have the necessary visa and documents processed before 17th August

Jangan tunggu lagi, JOIN SEKARANG dan ajak lah rakan-rakan anda sekali juga!!

Congratulations marcus_keong!! Marcus will be representing Malaysia for the MIUI 7 Launch Premiere in New Delhi, India. Mi Bunny and everyone is looking forward to your updates! Gambateh!!!
MIUI7reporter.png

Favorite6 Share

Rated by 22 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

sparksjr_97 + 2 Yas!
cloudmah90 + 5 Awesome!
InfoO2 + 1 Awesome!
MAA90 + 1 Great!
sufisoulboy + 1 Fantastic!
joshuaongys + 6 Awesome!
ARBAZ + 1 Fantastic!
ansarifauwaz + 5 Awesome!
sa.1985 + 5 Awesome!
Dasari5 + 1 Great!
razakpm + 1 Great!
XiaoMiThye + 2 Fantastic!
fksgs2 + 10 + 5 Fantastic!
hearthekker + 1 Awesome!
slavin23 + 10 + 3 Awesome!
Mr._Joshi + 2 Fantastic!
aibonlise + 5 Awesome!
xaviertansync + 10 + 3 Agreed!
jo.luv.mi + 2 Awesome!
TzYoong + 10 + 5 Ini best!
Kellaw + 10 + 5 Awesome! Win liao lor!
dannysam + 10 + 3 Fantastic!

Experience +101  Prestige +24  View Rating Log

Super moderator

SUPER Kal-El @ miui.my

Credits
Device
POCO F1
Online time
4833 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFi Router MiniMagic CubeMi KeyMi Portable WiFiMi HomeMi BoxMi Power BankMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandMijia VR Play 2Mi WiFi RouterMi Power Bank 10000MAH Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryFantastic!MIUI 6I Love MIUIFlashholicMIUI 2015MIUI 2016Awesome!Mi TVRedmi NoteMi PadMi 34 Million Forum MembersRedmi 1SMi 4iMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Fan From PhilippinesHilal Ramadan Fan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Fan From Myanmar1400K Forum MembersPokemon Master Medal1800K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From BrazilFan Of MIUI IndiaMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI 5th Anniversary500K Forum Members700K Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Happy Medal1st Anniversary2014 ChristmasThanksgiving DayHappy DiwaliMIUI 4th AnniversaryDiwali 300K Forum MembersHappy Singles' DayAtaturk MourningSingapore BirthdayMIUI Fan From NepalSuper TuesdaySuper MondayMIUI 6th AnniversarySuper WednesdayMIUI 9Merry Christmas3 Million Forum MembersMIUI World TourHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Lucky Friday10 Million Forum PostsMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 20172100K Forum MembersHappy New YearI Love 2016Xiaomi 6th AnniversaryRocket to FutureRooster Year of 2017Summer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Device TeamMi Story TellerMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI 8th AnniversaryNougatStar WarsMi Bunny Game Master Indonesia Independence DayScroll Of WisdomMi Lover MedalUpdates LoverYouth PledgeHumor MasterMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMIUI Photography GuruInbox ZeroForum Contest LoverMIUI Global Forum 2014Android ElfMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerAndroid GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatSuper ModeratorMIUI Community VIPPioneer of MIUI English Forum 2017 Annual AwardsDie-hard MIUI FanStar Of IconsRingtone ExpertMIUI FollowerOTA FeedbackMost Active MIUIerMr. Dependable

12:52, Aug-10-2015 | From PC
|

This post was edited by Kellaw at 20:57, Aug-11-2015

lantai!!

STEP 1
Video from last meetup:

Story or MIUI and Me: Through the Ups and Downs with MIUI
http://en.miui.com/thread-141430-1-1.html

IMG_20141129_170819_1.jpg

Also because Hugo knows me too!

-346bee7ff8eb0612.jpg

First international event and I hope I am part of the next and the next and the next Mi Events

120842pinkm555wkki5k77.jpg.thumb.jpg

Being there with Mi Fans from neighbouring country. If I get to go to India, this would be a better opportunity to meet face to face with Fans from other countries too.

162433lrns88a88pxx81cc.jpg.thumb.jpg

Always there with Mi through the times..

221242uh8uq885uu75hz5w.jpg.thumb.jpg

AND ALSO BECAUSE I AM THE STRONGEST SUPPORTER OF MI MALAYSIA organizing or co-organizing all meet ups in Malaysia!!

2015-08-10 17_58_58-Mi Malaysia - Mi Malaysia's photos.png
Psst: I am also one of the Mi Helpers..

STEP 2
As the Main guy in organizing meet ups in Malaysia covering and going places also a blogger, I think I would be best suited for this. Yeah I would be doing more "Journey with Mi" videos and sharing them across Social Media real time(I am the owner of the FB Mi Community page) like what I did in previous launch and reviews.

STEP 3
Things I would love to do:
  • Backstage access for timelapse video of the whole set up of the launch event's preparation
  • Hugo and Manu Jain backstage interview!!
  • Test all Mi phones and gadgets possible and write a review on them with real time scenario during the launch event
  • Lay my hands on the new devices(yet to be released) and create a hype over them.
  • Blog about the Delhi and the surrounding places(if we are brought around)
  • One-day access to take over Mi Malaysia official FB!
  • Video of the whole event!
  • Live coverage available through Google to share with people who are not there at the event

Short and concise post sends the message!

Comment

miui-guru Support: 5 Objection: 0 support his entry  22:50, Aug-11-2015
TzYoong He is a blogger too. Forgot to mention that. Hahaha  10:34, Aug-11-2015
yankers Support: 5 Objection: 0 By far the best qualified for the reporting role, and an overall great guy.  15:31, Aug-10-2015
cloudmah90 support has been given... hahahaha  13:19, Aug-10-2015
xaviertansync Support: 5 Objection: 0 Kellaw is the best moderator i have ever met so far. The way he arranged the meetups were perfectly executed. He has good command of english and are able to   13:08, Aug-10-2015

Rated by 32 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

forever_von + 2 Awesome!
sudd1976 + 10 + 3 Good luck
miui-guru + 10 + 3 Agreed! let him come to india :D
sameer_farms + 10 supported
Ankit786 + 5 Fantastic!
kabbu1 + 10 + 3 Awesome!
AndroidFuchs + 10 + 5 Awesome!
sparksjr_97 + 1 Dope!
InfoO2 + 1 Win liao lo
slavin23 + 10 + 3 Great!
marcus_keong + 10 + 5 Fantastic!
shai.shai.neko + 1 Awesome!
rt.luv.mi + 1 wow!
jo.luv.mi + 2 Awesome!
齐天米粉 + 10 + 3 Fantastic!
alex.scloh + 5 Awesome!
punkthemonk + 5 Agreed! The best man for the job :)
XaQi + 10 + 3 Support
Dzolhisham + 10 + 3 Awesome!
ybr101 + 10 + 3 Support.
yankers + 10 + 3 Agreed!
leebaiqin + 10 + 3 Awesome!
lovegambler + 5 Awesome!
fksgs2 + 10 + 5 Awesome!
jyike + 2 Agreed!
Atyant + 10 + 3 Fantastic!
Bingo220 + 5 Fantastic!

Experience +235  Prestige +67  View Rating Log

Malaysia MIUI Fans Facebook Join here

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Always be Humble :)

Credits
Device
Mi 5s
Online time
2797 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi WiFi RouterXiaomi 6 LaunchMi VRMi MIXMi T-ShirtMi BoxMi Power BankMi WiFi Router MiniMi KeyMagic CubeMi Portable WiFiMi In-Ear HeadphonesMijia Story TellerMijia Qi CycleMi HomeMi  BunnyYeelight Bedside LampMi Band 2Mi Bluetooth SpeakerMijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mijia VR Play 2Mi Kids WatchUnlock MedalMi HeadphonesXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8MIUI 7MIUI 2016Awesome!MIUI 6I Love MIUIMIUI 2015MIUI Devices ContestFantastic!Xiaomi Mi 4Mi TVMi Note ProMi NoteMi PadRedmi 2Redmi NoteXiaomi 5th Anniversary500K Forum MembersPokemon Master MedalMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI 6th Anniversary800K Forum MembersUEFA EURO Medal600K Forum Members1300K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasHappy Singles' Day900K Forum MembersXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMalaysia Anniversary1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Happy MedalHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan From Nepal5 Million Forum PostsThanksgiving DayMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 300 WeeksSuper Wednesday10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersSuper ThursdayWomen's Day MedalSurge S1MIUI Lucky FridayHappy Valentine's DaySuper Monday700K Forum MembersPuzzle MasterSuper SaturdayMIUI 7th AnniversaryCamera Filter Guru Medal1st AnniversaryMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI 9Fan Of MIUI AustraliaSuper Sunday3500K Forum MembersMIUI PHappy New YearSuper TuesdayMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI 2017MIUI World Tour1700K Forum Members1800K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Forum App1500K Forum Members1400K Forum MembersMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI Weekly PollRocket to FutureI Love 2016Fan Of MIUI RussiaMi Live MedalRooster Year of 2017Alpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMiPopGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamOreoHeart to HeartSuper ModeratorPlatinum Super ModeratorMIUI Halloween 2018Diamond Super ModeratorBlack Shark8 Million Forum MembersQuick SurveyXiaomi 8th AnniversaryRedmi Note 3 Explorer5 Million Forum MembersMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMost Active MIUIerMIUI 8th AnniversaryAndroid GuruMi Bunny Game Master Scroll Of WisdomStar Of IconsDie-hard MIUI FanWallpaper StarMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatTechnology GuruInbox ZeroRedmi Quiz MasterMIUI Quick DiscussionApp StarUpdates LoverStar Of TechnologyMIUI Halloween 20172017 Annual Awards25 Million StrongMost Popular Forum UserMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMIUI ExpertMIUI KingMi Lover MedalMIUI Medals CollectorHumor MasterMIUI Photography GuruMIUI Device ExpertDebate MasterForum Contest LoverMIUI FB FollowerMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerStar Of MIUI Device TeamMr. DependableAndroid ElfMi Story TellerWallpaper ExpertOTA FeedbackRingtone Star MIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Mi Talent

12:51, Aug-10-2015 | From PC
|

Interview with Marcus, The Best Candidate of VIP Mi Fan Reporter for Malaysia

This post was edited by marcus_keong at 09:59, Aug-12-2015

Good day MIUIers!

Today I, Mr.Meow the reporter, am going to interview a very passionate Mi Fan from Malaysia. Before I started, let's start with some intro of this mister. His name is Marcus, he's a Moderator in MIUI English Forum, who just get promoted to Super Moderator a few hours ago. If you are visiting the forum often, you can see his name always appear under Redmi Note 3G sub-forum. Sometime he shares some really good articles as well.

Interview.jpg

Let's cut the long story and straight jump into the interview, shall we?

Meow: Hey Mr Marcus! Thanks for spending your time with us in this interview. As we all know, Xiaomi is inviting a Mi Fan from Malaysia to become VIP Mi Fan Reporter for the incoming Launch Event of MIUI 7 in New Delhi! Why do you think you are the best candidate for this?

Marcus: First of all, a very reasonable why I should be the qualified to become the VIP Mi Fan Reporter is:

Mi Pop.jpg

Hugo Barra knows me!
Nah I'm just kidding... We only met during Mi Pop Singapore.

The reason why I think I am suitable for representing Malaysia as a reporter, because I am the No.1 Fan of Xiaomi and MIUI. My position in MIUI Forum shows how much time spent and contributions given in MIUI Forum. I am so passionate on it and my story with MIUI will be a long story to tell.

Meow: Wow! It really sound convincing to me! I love how you write reviews about ROMs and gadgets. So tell us more about your story with MIUI Forum.

Marcus:
Actually I have just shared my story with MIUI few days ago here. Well you can just skip that as it's really a very long story to read. I try my best to make the story short by separating them into few parts.

1) Being a Dedicated MIUI Device Team Leader

Leader.jpg

I have been helping Forum Admins to manage MIUI Device Team since November 2014.
I won't say that I am the best in Device Team,
But I always give my best to make MIUI Device Team works to its full potential.
As a leader, I know that motivation for members is very crucial.
I always encourage them and compliment them whenever they done a good job.
Admins have gave me lot of trusts on being a Device Team Leader.
I would take this chance to thanks them for the opportunity as well.

2) Moderating Redmi Note Sub-forum trained my EQ

Mi Bunny 2.jpg

Other than being a MIUI Device Team Leader, my other main role is a Device Moderator.
More specifically, I'm a Device Moderator for both Redmi Note 3G and Redmi Note 4G sections.
Redmi Note 3G is my first Xiaomi smartphone, so I have gave a lot of love for this phone.
I have created a lot of helpful threads in Redmi Note 3G section, such as:

Redmi Note 3G MIUI 6 Update: Global Stable ROM Released! [29-7-15]
[MIUI Device Team] Everything about Fastboot for Redmi Note WCDMA (Updated)
[MIUI Device Team] Everything about ROMs & Flashing for Redmi Note 3G

I am also known with my high EQ of dealing frustrated users in forum,
especially during the period of no MIUI 6 Global ROM for Redmi Note 3G users.

3) Celebrating Xiaomi 5th Birthday and MIUI 5th Birthday

mi-fan-fest.jpg

There was once a contest for Xiaomi 5th Birthday on 8th April 2015.
I had a lot of fun recording myself to wish Xiaomi Happy Birthday in 5 different places.
My passion toward Xiaomi is so huge, and I feel proud with the wish video I made for Xiaomi.
My parents and siblings also joined me in this video to wish Xiaomi 5th Anniversary.
They are the ones who know me the most and know I really love Xiaomi.
I bet you want to watch the video eh?
Here you go, the video I made for Xiaomi 5th Anniversary:

4) Have Fun Playing with MIUI features and Share Tips with Friends

Mi Bunny 1.jpg

I am a person who like to explore with smartphone features.
MIUI is one of the greatest smartphone OS and I find it very interesting.
As the duty of MIUI Device Team, I have learnt a lot of stuffs in MIUI and know it well.
I have written a lot of tips and tutorials threads in forum as well.
Other than forum, I also help our Malaysia Mi Fans in facebook group.
Specially thanks to Kellaw and Frank initiatives for creating this Facebook group.
Because of MIUI, I am getting better in solving issues of Xiaomi and MIUI users.

5) Knowing MIUI Fans from all around the world

Mi Bunny 3.jpg

Joining MIUI Community is not all about Xiaomi, MIUI and Smartphones,
we also get to know a lot of MIUI fans from all around the world.
Being a MIUI Special Team member, I get to know a lot of friends from many countries,
Such as India, Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Germany, Australia, Romania, UK, and China too!

I have learnt different cultures, living style, foods and religions from them.
It was definitely fun having a bunch of friends like them.

Mi Band.jpg

And guess what, I even sent a Mi Band bought from Mi Malaysia to Germany!
My buddy, Stefan (mythos234) requested me to buy one for him and ship over Hambourg!
That was a crazy idea for me, and I was excited to help him fulfill his dream.
It was my first time sending a gift to a country which is far away from Malaysia.
This is definitely one interesting part of my story with MIUI.

Other than oversea countries, I am glad to know Malaysian Mi Fans as well.
By joining the unofficial Mi Fans Meetup in Malaysia, I have the chances to know more friends.
Starting with Kellaw, Frank, TzYoong, Thomas, Melon, Danny and Slavin from MIUI Forum.
After that, the friendship is getting extended by knowing Jo, Azzrie, Dzol, Arif, Bai Qin, Sky Tian
and many more in Malaysia Mi Fans Gang.
I had a lot of fun with Malaysia Mi Fans Community.
Last month we just went to Langkawi and enjoy a trip to Mangrove Tour:

IMG_20150726_092843.jpg

Ops! I think I have gone too far with my story.
Anyway, here's the short video for my story:

Meow: Hahaha! It's okay. Your story with MIUI is really long and amazing! Thanks for sharing with us! I wonder, what's your hobbies in your usual life?

Marcus:
Actually there's nothing special. My daily hobbies are just like most ordinary people out there. The main hobby of which I will do everyday is

1) Chatting with friends

Yup, that's right. You didn't see that wrongly. This is my favorite hobbies of all. Wait, can it count as a hobby? Haha! I really like to chat with friends, and I do it everyday. My friendliness has attracted a lot of friends like to chat with me, not to mention that my female friends are more than male friends. Not to brag about it, but girls usually love to talk than guys. Sometime people especially MIUI users think I'm a serious person from what I did in forum. I can be a serious person during working or doing tasks, but I can be a fun person as well. I always tell jokes, but in a manner way that does not insult anyone. My friends always said I am a good motivator as well, that's why they like to talk with me.

chatting.jpg

Another point I would add up is that I love to interact with friends from other countries. As we have different language, cultures, religious and tradition, I get to know more about the world from them. I can really chat a lot when I know friends from oversea. Thanks to MIUI, I have know more friends from different countries.

Meow: Sure you do! Now I already can feel you are really a friendly person to chat with. It's not really common that someone take chatting with friends as a hobby. Interesting! Other than this, do you have other hobbies?

Marcus: Yes I do. When I was young, one of my hobbies is

2) Writing blog

Thanks to a friend, I have started to write a blog since 18. Her blog was so neat and nice, which attract me to start with my own one. I have learnt how to make a tidy and an attractive blog as well. But since there ain't many friends who share the same interest with me, I have gave up writing blog after few years. But then, ever since I joined MIUI Forum, this once again triggers my writing skills. By keep writing threads, I have familiarized myself with the format of the forum thread. I love to keep my threads as tidy as possible with a neat format. Now writing threads in forum is just like writing blog for me. It is nostalgic for me to return back to my old life of writing and sharing photos.

Recently I have a private blog who only shared to some friends, so I was unable to show you guys.
But I have an outdated Vegetarian Food Blog which you all can check it out.

3) Sharing Quality Photos

FB1.jpg

FB2.jpg

Every night after back from work, all I do is just sit in front of my laptop. I'm not just looking at the forum, sometime I love to share the photos I took with other friends in Instagram and Facebook. My habit is that I always think of a good quote along with the picture before posting it. I enjoyed getting comments from my friends and family. A quality photo will get attention, but a quality photo with a great quote will get more attention and feedback! That's what I usually do with social media.

Meow: Very neat blog you got there! Now I really think that you are too suitable for becoming a VIP Mi Fan Reporter! Mi Malaysia would be glad to have you doing the duty! Let's say if you really get this chance to New Delhi as Mi Fan Reporter, what would you do?

2.jpg Marcus: Honestly, I never become a reporter before. Well from my opinions, as a reporter, we need to take more and more photos on the spot for sharing purpose. More photos, mean more choices of photos to be chosen to report the event. My photography skill is not the best, but I always think out of the box when I take pictures. We take pictures from different angle, then it will come out with a totally unexpected result.

We also need a good schedule as a Reporter as well. My schedule will be as below:

1) Behind the Scene
- At behind the scene, capture the photos of Xiaomi Staffs insanely busy moments and also preparation setups
- Take some photos of high rank Staffs like Hugo Barra and share in social media.

2) Registration
- Snap photos of Mi Fans crowds entering the venue.
- Interview some Mi Fans and ask them "What do you expect on MIUI 7", record the video if possible.
- Take a group photo of Mi Fans before event start.
- Take some photos of New Mi Devices.
- Allocate some time to share photos in social media before event start.

3) Event Started
- Record the video of Opening Ceremony or whole event if possible.
- Take photos of interesting feature for MIUI 7 and share in social media.
- Take photo of Hugo with new device on hands

4) End of Event
- Interview Mi Fans with their feedback on MIUI 7.
"What's your favorite feature?", "Do you think it's better than MIUI 6?"
- New Product Review
- Overall Event Review
- Last but not least, I will never forget to take a photo with Hugo! And also other Mi India "Big Persons".

Meow: Such a detail explanation on your routine! Did you serious that you never done any reporting before? Because I do not believe it. Haha! Any last words you would like to say before we end this interview?

Marcus: I really hope MIUI Malaysia Team can give me this opportunity to serve and contribute to MIUI Community. It will be my great honor if I get selected. Moreover, 19th August is my favorite date as well as my birthday! Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen!
Birthday.jpg

Meow: Your birthday is on 19th August? What a coincidence! It will be awesome if you celebrate your birthday in India along with MIUI 7 launch event! Wow! Thanks for giving us such amazing responses in this interview! We hope Mr Marcus can get his birthday present from Xiaomi for a free trip to India! This is Mr Meow, your MIUI reporter, sekian terima kasih.

Comment

BlueCrush Jiayou!  09:35, Aug-12-2015
satyajit_ghana I support you marcus  15:53, Aug-11-2015
xaviertansync Support: 5 Objection: 0 Awesome and diligent mod !  13:20, Aug-10-2015
cloudmah90 GOGO MARCUS!!!  13:11, Aug-10-2015

Rated by 22 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

BlueCrush + 2 Gambateh!
abhirupshaw + 10 + 3 Fantastic!
sudd1976 + 10 + 3 Best of luck Marcus
kabbu1 + 10 + 3 Awesome!
Atyant + 10 + 3 Agreed!
sameer_farms + 10 support
sparksjr_97 + 1 Great!
satyajit_ghana + 5 GOGOGO
kgbiyugik + 4 Great!
InfoO2 + 1 Win liao lo
Kellaw + 10 + 5 win liao lor... birthday also bring out
slavin23 + 10 + 3 Awesome!
TzYoong + 10 + 5 Fantastic!
lokgenie + 10 + 3 all the best
Skidanonymous + 10 + 3 Fantastic!
ybr101 + 10 + 3 Great!
yankers + 10 + 3 Agreed!
vincent_khoo + 10 + 3 Great!
fksgs2 + 10 + 5 Awesome!
Bingo220 + 10 + 5 Fantastic!
SpLim + 1 Great!

Experience +165  Prestige +50  View Rating Log

1) Learn More About MIUI Version Here
2) MIUI With Marcus Latest Series

Super Moderator is not a Xiaomi Employee.

Click [Reply] Below To Notify Me

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
97 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIMIUI 6MIUI 7Redmi 2Mi NoteMi PadMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from Malaysia300K Forum MembersMIUI 5th AnniversaryHilal Ramadan 700K Forum MembersMIUI 50 Million UsersSummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMIUI FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI G+ FollowerOTA Feedback

12:48, Aug-10-2015 | From PC
|
This post was edited by dannysam at 15:30, Aug-10-2015

Step 1:
MIUI & ME
I have known MIUI since 2012 when I had my HTC Sensation XE.

I got to know it from my friend who flashed it on his HTC phone as well.

To be honest, back then, I didn't really like the Miui ROM but I have never stopped following the news.

I follow MIUI's Facebook as well as Twitter to know of their latest product.

Soon after that, got my hands on with a Mi3 and found out it was otherwise.

It was Fast & snappy, rich with colors and functionality too! (MIUI 5)

So much memories.

Later on, MIUI 6 started rolling out. When the full video was uploaded on the net, i watch the whole keynote without missing any parts.

Not forgetting stalking the forums for more in-depths reviews.

Step 2 :

One of my hobby is to follow news on social media (Facebook,Twitter,Weibo,Instagram,Google+) to get the latest updates of technological news.
I will then share it to platforms such as Whatsapp, QQ, Wechat and also social sites to my friends .

7.png 1.png 2.png    4.png 3.png 6.png

Besides that, I am also the designer of the flags/banners of MIUI Malaysia Community& MIUI Fans Malaysia

8.png

IMG_20140901_161308.jpg

Me behind the scene of designing the banner.

Banner AI 4-01.jpg

mi flag final.jpg

1-01.jpg

Also, a video of MIUI Community Malaysia wishing MIUI happy 5th birthday recorded and edited by me.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B57O5mz9F-7EaFpMaS1BTTFFMW8/view

Not forgetting to join all events held by Mi Malaysia!

885742_400893643448069_7919863193418466339_o.jpg

Mi Malaysia First Anniversary. Spot me at the bottom left.

Did I mention I was the emcee for the day during the Mi Malaysia First Anniversary?

10986671_402001253337308_3321744379998973758_o.jpg

11267753_403331749870925_1303404035714880584_o.jpg

Mi4i launch in Malaysia. Spot me holding the flag on the right.

11253947_429844940552939_987692292144862831_o.jpg

Berbuka Puasa bersama Mi. spot me holding the black mi3 phone.

Step 3:
I will be ready with my full set camera/phone/laptop to be ready to cover each and every movement/activities in the event as a VIP Mi Fan Reporter.

Of course a notepad to jot down information.

I'll be prepared with

IMG_20140612_135444_HDR.jpg

IMG_20150430_173346.jpg

PhotoGrid_1373708360015 - Copy.jpg

&

Unnamed QQ Screenshot20150810151554.png

Wish me all the best!

Comment

xaviertansync Support: 5 Objection: 0 There's nothing more i could talk about this guy !  13:20, Aug-10-2015

Rated by 12 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

sparksjr_97 + 1 Great!
InfoO2 + 1 Win liao lo
marcus_keong + 10 + 3 Awesome!
齐天米粉 + 10 + 3 Awesome!
yankers + 10 + 3 well qualified for the reporting role!
madextrem + 1 Fantastic!
lovegambler + 5 Awesome!
fksgs2 + 10 + 5 Awesome!
SpLim + 1 Awesome!
cloudmah90 + 5 Ini sudah menang separuh... lolx
TzYoong + 10 + 5 Win liao lo

Experience +65  Prestige +19  View Rating Log

Super moderator

不忘初心,方得始终

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
Online time
8655 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Qi CycleMijia Story TellerMi Bluetooth SpeakerUnlock MedalMi HomeMi Kids WatchMi HeadphonesMi Band 2Magic CubeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestMarshmallowAwesome!MIUI 8MIUI 6I Love MIUIFantastic!MIUI 7MIUI 2016MIUI 20154 Million Forum MembersRedmi Note 3Rocket to FutureMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 2017Singapore Merlion MedalSuper WednesdayRooster Year of 2017Super MondayMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI World TourMIUI 300 WeeksSuper ThursdayMIUI Forum AppMIUI Lucky Friday1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Weekly PollI Love 2016Merry Christmas1 Million Forum MembersMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI 5th AnniversaryXiaomi 6th AnniversaryWomen's Day MedalPuzzle MasterMIUI SXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million UsersMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI 4th AnniversarySingapore BirthdayThanksgiving Day2014 ChristmasHappy New YearHappy Valentine's DaySurge S1Pokemon Master MedalMIUI V5 ReviewFan Of MIUI GreeceSuper Sunday3500K Forum MembersCamera Filter Guru MedalMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 91900K Forum MembersMIUI Happy MedalSuper Friday1st Anniversary5 Million Forum App InstallsHappy Holi MedalGamer Mi BunnyMiPopI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMIUI News TeamMi Lover MedalMIUI FollowerStar WarsMIUI 8th AnniversaryMIUI 10MIUI Halloween 201813 Million Forum Members2017 Annual AwardsXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMr. Dependable8 Million Forum MembersMIUI ExpertMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI Halloween 2017Star MIUI News Team MemberMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerScroll Of WisdomYouth PledgeMIUI FB FollowerAndroid ElfMi Story TellerMi TalentMIUI Global Forum 2014Updates LoverDebate MasterTechnology GuruSuper ModeratorPioneer of MIUI English Forum Die-hard MIUI FanMost Active MIUIerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid GuruForum Contest LoverHumor Master

15:02, Aug-10-2015 | From PC
|
This post was edited by vincent_khoo at 15:26, Aug-10-2015

Share your MIUI story with Mi in the most creative way possible.
Hey guys, I am Vincent. Many of the entries show that they have met Hugo real person before. They even have the selfie with them. But so what ? I also always meet him maaaaa...

6.jpg

Haha, just joking laaaa. Always need to search for his photos to insert into my news thread.

Ok enough for Hugo lets back to my story. My first few phones all revolving only on Nokia. Nokia 3310, 3315, 5300 and 5800. Nokia was known as it quality as it does not spoilt easily. People even made a meme regarding about this.

vibrates-in-your-pocket-breaks-your-leg-nokia-3310-meme.jpg

e84.jpg

I came across MI3 this 2013 flagship device that time and it makes me really want to own it. During that time Xiaomi is not even launched in my country yet.

I fall into MIUI this big family after got my Mi3 in flash sales. MIUI was the first Android system I approaced. Initially I am quite worried on using the new operating system as I am using symbian all the while. Surprisingly I do not face any problem and the MIUI 6 just go so smooth ! The settings are easy to handle and most important they listen to user’s feedback and improve from time to time. Up to now i still do not face any lag issue on my device. (normally people Android phone will lag after using for 1 year)

As everyone know when we want to buy a Mi phone we need a Mi account to buy and this actually open up a chance for me to get involve in this forum and eventually know more and more global users and now working together in this forum. From a normal user---> beta team member---> moderator----> Super Moderator now. This is really an amazing experience as no one would make friends through a ROM ! I have friends from Singapore, China, Malaysia, India, Indonesia and more! This place is just like the Summit meeting where leaders from all over the world gather in one place and meeting. But we do not need to sit JETPLANE to gather laaaaa

Everytime I post or translating articles from Xiaomi I just feel more and more in love and to be honest I wish I can work at there one day. Doubting me as a hardcore Mi fan eh? Ok lo show you my statistics on this forum. Here is theprofile link: you can find lots of Lei Jun, Lin Bin, Hugo Xiaomi news covered by me.
Untitled.jpg

This is my wishing video for MIUI previously.

Last but not least I would like to share my favourite quote with you all.

MIUI is the best geography text book in the world as it unites fans across the world together under one roof !

Tell Mi your hobbies and how that can help you in becoming one of the best VIP Mi Fan reporters.
Besides Dota and reading Malaysia political articles, my hobby is reading technology news and cover them. People label me as otaku because I sit infront of computer for hours but I don’t care what they say about me :P That is why I applied moderator for News subforum instead of others.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I have my own customize list in facebook, twitter and weibo to keep myself always updated to tech news especially Xiaomi. I am the moderator of  MIUI news team so I have lots of experience covering news or even interview. I spend lots of time on this forum so if i were asked to cover the event using live thread on MIUI forum/ facebook i can handle it easily. I conducted interview with moderators/super moderators from other countries. I also know 3 languages and can speak and write well which makes me qualify as a Mi Fan Reporter! Sometimes i cover news until wee hours but it just feels so good and satisfie with the job you loving to do. Last but not least i can very spicy which make me will not face any problem if i got chosen to go India

Provide Mi with a rough idea on how you’d like to cover the launch event as a VIP Mi Fan reporter.
Out of all the options, I would choose Backstage access to observe the Mi Team on insane mode for the launch. Others options are equally good but there would be lots of people covering about it. I always organised programmes in University so I know how tiring and difficult to prepare for an event. Sleepless nights are needed to ensure the flow of the event is smooth.

MrBeantoothpickeyes.png

5.png

Translation : MIUI team is working hard for MIUI 7 in small black house again ! Can you spot where is the global team?
Look at the time it's 1.18am. Some of us might already fall asleep and playing chess with Zhou Gong but they are still working.

For me it’s very important to appreciate someone’s effort despite he or she is not a superstar. For example when ever there is a launching event, the one who presenting and deliver speech on the stage is Lei Jun. People only focus on how well he speaks and what is the new products launched. There are not many people out there realise the hardwork prepared by the team before the launching event. I can name few of them, the lighting team, PR, registration, promotion via social medias, cameraman or even those who day and night preparing the slide for him.  So it would be great if I am given a chance to cover all this behind the scenes

That's all for my entry, my Mi Bunny and his friends would like to say thank you for spending time reading my long post.

11101339_10202721322553089_1924049323_n.jpg

Rated by 9 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

kabbu1 + 10 + 3 Fantastic!
Atyant + 10 + 3 Agreed ! You should get a chance!
InfoO2 + 1 Win liao lo
shai.shai.neko + 1 Nice
marcus_keong + 10 + 5 Awesome!
Kellaw + 10 + 5 Sapport!!
yankers + 10 + 3 Good luck mate!
TzYoong + 10 + 5 Win liao lo

Experience +72  Prestige +29  View Rating Log

Click [Reply] Below To Notify Me

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
Mi Note Pro
Online time
979 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFi RouterMi HeadphonesMi BandMi BoxMi KeyMi Power BankMi WiFi Router MiniMi In-Ear HeadphonesXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIFantastic!Awesome!MIUI 6MIUI 8FlashholicMIUI 2015MIUI 2016MIUI Devices ContestMi TVXiaomi Mi 4Redmi 1SRedmi NoteMi 3Xiaomi 5th Anniversary600K Forum MembersMIUI 5th AnniversaryHilal Ramadan 500K Forum MembersMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Happy MedalMIUI 50 Million UsersFan Of MIUI Bangladesh1st AnniversaryMIUI 7th Anniversary3500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From BrazilMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 9Super TuesdayMIUI Fan From Indonesia2014 ChristmasMIUI 100 Million UsersHappy New YearAtaturk Mourning1 Million Forum App Installs700K Forum MembersMalaysia Anniversary1500K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI 2017I Love 2016Happy Valentine's DayDiwali 300K Forum MembersHappy Singles' DayThanksgiving DayHappy DiwaliGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta Team VIPMIUI ReviewClass A Beta TeamMIUI Beta TeamAndroid ElfInbox ZeroYouth PledgeMIUI Community VIPDebate MasterUpdates LoverForum Contest LoverMIUI Twitter FollowerHumor MasterMIUI FollowerSuper ModeratorOTA FeedbackDie-hard MIUI FanPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FB FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014Wallpaper ExpertStar Bug FinderMIUI Medals CollectorMost Active MIUIerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Bunny Game Master Star Of IconsMi Lover MedalAndroid GuruMi Talent2017 Annual Awards

15:30, Aug-11-2015 | From PC
|
This post was edited by Bughinirari at 15:33, Aug-11-2015

I guess there are soooooo many lengthy threads before mine, so as to reduce the pain of OP reading through all these post, I've decided to reward him with a mega long thread (sorry, writer's gotta write)

First, let's kickstart with a little background on how I get to know Mi and MIUI.

How I Get to Know MIUI

I wasn't a software geek initially, I must admit, I never had a smartphone until I get my Mi 3 last year. I got to know MIUI through Mi. Back in the days of the reign of Samsung Galaxy devices, there's this one Chinese smartphone company that's beginning to build its momentum, it goes by the name of Mi. It was the Mi 1 back then, and it caught my attention, for it offers the then top of the line specs at a fraction of the price of a flagship. Similar to other people, I was just pay attention to its hardware and ignoring the software, it wasn't a great software back then, according to several reviews by tech sites. Nobody knew that it will, one day, bring such a great impact on a global scale. Within just 5 years' time, MIUI has reached over 100 million users world wide, with 36 official fan sites established by MIUI fans across the globe.

When MIUI got up to V4, the hype grew and people start to pay attention to Xiaomi and its unique MIUI ROM. Soon, MIUI ROMs are everywhere but I don't know what's so special about it back then as I don't have any smartphone to flash and try it out. It was until I got hold of my Mi 3 that came with the next iteration, the MIUI 5, that I realise how user-friendly and simple yet complicated it is. It's like the combination of all the essense of all other ROMs out there. The no-app-drawer system wasn't a drawback for me, because I myself prefer keeping things tidy and thus folders came in handy. Soon, the MIUI 6 is released and I felt lucky I was among the first 100 beta team users testing out the new system back in August 2014. It was until then I became an active member on this forum, starting out as a Beta Team member then slowly climbing the stairs up to my current Moderator position.

How I Fell in Love with MIUI
To be honest, it's very easy to fall in love with MIUI. Why? Reason's simple: it's just too good to be true! Every feature you want, it's lying within, waiting for you to discover and savour it! Let's say you want to play some music, you don't even have to unlock your phone, you can just do it at the lockscreen!. That's not all about the lockscreen, if you want to search something in the dark, just long-pressing the home button will bring up the torch (your phone camera's LED flash). You get quick access camera so that you never miss the once in a lifetime kind of shots. For users of China ROM, you even get a quick access to your Smart Home remote app, allowing you to control your home appliances even while you're away! Another great thing on the lockscreen is none other than the lockscreen notifications, which has been improvised a few times already.

Now to the homescreen. As mentioned before, it's a no-app-drawer system, everything you want and need is on your homescreen. From your access to your phone settings, to your music app, games, camera, themes and social media applications; everything is within reach! Compared to the crammed app drawers, users will be trained to keep things tidy and in-order without app drawers. I myself have every app categorized and sorted out in their individual folders. Sorting out apps is so easy, you can just access homescreen editing and tap on the apps to bring it to temporary folder within the tool, then move to any screen you want and move the apps there, easy and fast.

Customization doesn't end with the simple settings and stuffs, with MIUI there's the powerful theming engine which offers thousands of themes, paid or free, for users to mix and matchs according to their tastes and mood. Of course, for users to enjoy that amount of themes they'll have to be on China ROMs, as most of the authors are still Chinese and paid themes only support payment using Mi Credits which is available in China only (unless you win it on this forums). Theming doesn't only reward users with fame and wide userbase, but it also offers a chance for designers to compete to win awesome gifts in the annual theme contest. It's a win-win situation, with theme designers getting incentives while normal users get the joy of customizing the look of their phone's UI. Later on, users might even get the chance to pick their own call accepting gestures after the framework gets adapted.

Customization won't be complete without optimization. In an attempt to make MIUI as complete a system it should be, MIUI has a built-in Security app that offers, system optimization, trash cleaning, data saving, permission controls (this is the best, imagine getting this on other phones after you reach Android M!), virus scanner and blocklist. This all-in-one suite is powered by Clean Master, one of the best tools out there. The best thing about this? It's complete, free and built-in, you need not waste space to install other apps. The blocklist comes with a wide database of reported numbers, fraud calls or fake IDs, as soon as a call from them shows up, you'll be warned about it. With recent updates, come the feature to clean up duplicate or similar photos in Gallery with Cleaner, and a visual report of saved data in Data Saver, this small features are what makes user experience a better one.

After customization, let's move to the basic usage of phones - calls and messaging. MIUI comes with a rather normal call interface, but that's not what it's about. It's about the feature within, for example free internet calling and VOIP calling. Making calls with your purchased data might be a wiser choice than spending extra money on calls (provided you got enough data to spare, that is). Then there's the Messaging app, offering yet again a normal message interface, but with tonnes of hidden useful features. Let's say I want to be the first to send a birthday wish to someone at 12.00am sharp, but I won't be awake then, I can simply set a timed message. Besides, you can send free internet messages (Mi Message or MIUI Cloud Message) to other MIUI users, as long as both parties have enabled the feature. The feature is getting better by the day, now supporting even audio messages.

We all know Mi smartphones comes with awesome camera hardware, but hardware is useless without great software. MIUI is one ROM that comes with a simple yet sufficient suite of camera modes and filters. From the easy to control exposure compensation, to the vaste array of manual controls that covers from your exposure time, white balance, ISO to your focus mode, not to mention the focus peaking in Mi 4 and Mi Note. MIUI comes with one of the best HDR in smartphone cameras, plus it offers beautify for both fron and back cameras so that subjects will have skin that just appears that much smoother and better. Having shaky hands? Just get a tripod and set a timer, you don't have to worry about blurry shots anymore. Shooting night scenes but not familiar with manual mode? Just use the Hand Held Twilight mode!.

Speaking about cameras, do you know that MIUI 6 comes with a compass that offers a live view? And that the Gallery now provides a People album feature? Holding your phone vertically while using Compass will bring up a viewfinder mode, with which you get a live view while using Compass (Taking a screenshot makes this the best photo with directions, attitude, pressure etc included), besides a visualized spirit level. Using the People's album provides users the option to sort photo albums by the face of the subject, perfect for throwbacks to older times. Witness the birth and growth of your child again for the warmth and happiness, or check out your friend's ugly photos for the jokes and joy. It's just the best way to bring out your memory with everyone.

Photography always come with photo-editing. With MIUI comes a suite of editing tools that serves most of your needs. Offering options to rotate your photo, cropping, adding effects to controls of the saturation, highlights and contrast, it's just about everything you'll need. Of course, there's the still missing doodle effect or the option to add captions, those features will be added soon, estimated to be in September. I find it very useful for editing photos before I share them out on social media sites, especially the square crop for Instagram, and the saturation control to improve the visual effect. There's however one thing to note: Editing photos on your phone will downsize the resolution for the photo, as it'll be converted to the resolution of your screen. You'll end up with a photo that fits in fine on a HD or a FHD screen instead of the original 13.1 Megapixel count.

What if I lost my phone or accidentally wiped all my data off the face of earth? Don't worry, there's the Mi Cloud to rescue the day. Supporting cloud back up for your call log, contacts, messages, photos and videos, music playlist, notes, WiFi settings and passwords, your browser settings and history, blocklist and even your homescreen layout. Users start with 5GB of space, which can be expanded with purchase using Mi Credits (which unfortunately makes it hard for global users to purchase upgrades). This is one useful cloud storage for those who frequently reset their phones or flash new ROMs. Deleted a note or a contact on your phone? Don't worry, you can restore both of them from the recycle bin in Notes, or to restore the contacts list of an earlier stage to get back those deleted names and numbers. It's truely one great system!

With the average screensize of phones reaching 5" and above, one-hand use of phones just got harder. With consideration of this matter, MIUI developers released a one-handed operations mode so that users with smaller hands can easily control and use their phones even with one hand only. A simple swipe from Home button to either Recent button or Back button will bring up the One-handed mode. There's also a built-in settings button that allows you to change the size of the diminished screen with ease. In recent updates, even a preview is added to guide users how to activate and show how the screen will look like after using the OHO.

My Hobby

What hobby do I have? I guess it's socializing, meeting and knowing people. Yes, that's definitely my hobby. Together with a team of capable organizers, I've organized monthly meetups since December 2014.From normal chit-chat sessions to barbecues, from new device experiential events to birthday celebrations, you name it we've done it. We even planned for future Mi Band Fitness events such as hikes and runs, as well as charity and community service events.

JQ-PC061394-162.jpg

DSC_3046_.JPG

DSC_3060_.JPG

We spread cheer and laughter all across Malaysia

LR-P1242723.jpg

JQ-JQ-P2223965.jpg

DSC_6272_800x.JPG

56.jpg

41.jpg

We get to know friends from all walks of life, races and religion

174456zhqrqeqqle8qqa1p.jpg.thumb.jpg

DSC_3374_.JPG

Did I mention we even got the first international unofficial MIUI meetup done in collaboration with our Singaporean counterparts in March 2015? Plus, I've went to Singapore and attended their recent event in Mi Office of Singapore, it's definitely one heck of an experience to join in events organized by Mi Fans of different countries.

DSC_3351_.JPG

b4ca183b-febc-47fc-99bb-0010b826f449.jpg

After participating in the Mi Pop Singapore event last year (that was actually the first time I met other Mi Fans from my country, sort of an irony, and that event is a little like Moderator Hang Out Session), we got to know a group of enthusiastic Singaporean Mi Fans, plus the awesome Mr Hugo Barra! We in Malaysia also try to spread the concept of "Mi Fans Without Borders", we're trying to plan and organize a second international meetup with another neighbouring country.

QQ图片20150730222755.jpg

IMG_20141129_170839_1.jpg

The greatest achievement of organizing events is that I get to know a group of friends that one can joke with, work along, trust and confide in, as well as getting know about Mi more.

My life on forums started on the 29th of April, 2014. I was a nobody back then, and was an inactive member as I rarely have queries about MIUI (It was very user-friendly and easy to get used to, partly also because I was busy with studies). I started to visit the forums regularly beginning July, just on time to get prepared for the August MIUI 6 launch. After the launch on August 16, I got chosen as one of the first 100 Beta Testers to try out the new system. During the test, I get to know quite a number of people who became my good friends later on. We had fun, hunting bugs and joking together, the awesome sense of participation and the feel of success when you hunted down a bug and developers squashed it is very satisfying, it was good old days.

First Generation of MIUI 6, You Don't Get to See These Anymore

It wasn't long that the alpha builds of MIUI 6 became stable, and after which the test ended and the team dissolved. I was transfered to MIUI Beta Team (now MIUI Beta Team - China) and was exposed to an even bigger community. I poured effort and dilligence into everything I do, who knows that some guy who just joined the Beta Team gets to lead and manage it after just two months' time? Soon I worked my way up to my Moderator position then now the Super Moderator position. It was no easy task, I can assure you, but it was rewarding. Writing a monthly average of 20 new tutorial threads, new feature introductions, new ROMs and news et cetera, I can safely say I poured a lot of effort into this forum, and to make my subforum one of the most active in the whole forum. This doesn't bring any incentives to me, but it brings the feel of satisfaction and accomplishment, and that matters a lot to me, more than materialistic rewards. Every "thank you" from users makes me happier and the motivation it brings help to drive me further.

The great thing about this forum, is that we've got a group of active members, forum special team members, moderators and administrators who are willing to help out users who came to us with queries about their phones, or when they have something to request of. It's no easy job to go through dozens of new threads every day to check whether there are any users having any doubts that require clearing, or moving threads to the correct subforums. We all know new comers might not be familiar with the forum structure, thus we teach them through the moderations of their posts, replies or comments. Another plus is, with this as a global forum, I get to know people all across the world, whether it's the Switzerland, Germany, Serbia or England from the West, to China, Japan, Korea, India, Singapore, Philippines or Indonesia in the East. It's truely a community without boundaries.

What makes a good system, a great one? The community behind it. I don't know about other companies, but I'm sure this is true for MIUI and the whole of Xiaomi. I got to know a lot of friends from my country when I organize monthly meetups all across Malaysia with my fellow friends: @Kellaw @TzYoong @leebaiqin @jo.luv.mi @MiuiMelon @dannysam @Piratz @marcus_keong @azzrie and @ThomasHo91. Not only is MIUI a living system, but also the awesome and supportive community behind it! I've learned a lot during my time here in the forums, and will continue to savour everything of it. It's truely a fascinating journey which I've been through for the past 1 year, and certainly a memorable work experience with forum administrators @meredithhan @Derica @AilsaZ  and @Nanana

How I Plan to Cover the News
To be honest, I would've preferred to keep this a secret (never tell the others your idea and your tradesecrets, they'll steal it!), but since it's a requirement of contest, here goes.

• To shoot multiple videos with myself and the places I'm in to show the trip, all of which using a Yi Action Camera. Introductions of places and information of what I'm about to do in the locations will be narrated in the videos. A meetup between us overseas participants can be shot too.
  • If a DSLR or a phone with better camera (I'm still using my loyal Mi 3), I will be able to shoot still photos of the places I'm in and cover the news live across Instagram and forums + photo sharing on Facebook + post-event report on MIUI Forums.
  • Interviewing of several Mi officials and other Indian Mi Fans with video-shooting of the preparation process and the event itself.
  • Sight-seeing session with Yi Action Camera around the place.

There should be more to do, but sometimes it's better to be on the spot and thinking what to do immediately, than imagining what will happen and what to do. I guess I should sign off here, since it's a pretty long post already.

Rated by 6 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

jo.luv.mi + 2 Awesome!
TzYoong + 10 + 5 Awesome!
dannysam + 10 + 3 Fantastic!
kabbu1 + 10 + 3 Awesome!
齐天米粉 + 10 + 3 Fantastic!

Experience +52  Prestige +19  View Rating Log

Follow My Blog for All My Xiaomi Reviews and Unboxings Here!

MIUI Honorary Moderator

她是我的

Credits
Device
Mi MIX 2
Online time
650 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandI Love MIUIMIUI 7Redmi 1SMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From NepalMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI World TourMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI Device Team2017 Annual AwardsMi TalentSuper Moderator

12:55, Aug-10-2015 | From PC
|
This post was edited by TzYoong at 10:46, Aug-11-2015

Every story starts like this

Once upon a time,
It was a scorching Monday. The sunrays shine directly into my room.
I woke up and take alook at my HTC Sensation XL with my Beats Earphone still plugging in.
It was 12 noon already.
I can that my phone is going to melt into molten in my lovely hands.
I have to stop the temperature from increasing. That’s what in my mind.
I have a table fan blowing and that still doesn’t work.
It’s time for Phase 2 cooling down.
Refrigerator.
I send my phone into my fridge hoping that it’ll survive the heat wave.
1o minutes passed.
I can feel that chill in my phones (bones).
I took my phone out and I reboot it.
Boot-loop
That’s the worst thing you want like to experience.
Went to visit a local service center.
No luck.
My HTC Sensation XL announced death on 2014-06-12 12:01
I went to my home with no appetite to eat and I sleep for the next few days.
I woke up on June 16 and I show this picture in my timeline.
MI malaysia.jpg
“It’s time to move. Let bygones be bygones. I need a new phone”
Visited mi.com/myand registered a Mi account so that I can get myself a Mi 3.
I have searched online on tactics so that I can grab in since back then Mi sell their products in limited quantity and often sold out in 2 to 5 minutes.
The next day,  woke up as early as 10 o’clock. The sales starts at 12 noon.
Went in to the website at around 11:50am and I start refreshing.
Once my Cuckoo clock strikes 12 times at 12 noon.
I clicked the ‘Buy Now”button and got myself a Mi3.
I was so excited whenit was in my cart and pay it instantly to avoid any mishaps happened.
Few more days later,Ireceived a call from FEDex and the shipping is reaching my doorsteps.
Once I sign the parcel,  rip apart the boxes and that beautiful Mi 3 just present in front of my own eyes.
I lift it gently and I can feel the metallic feel of it.
I adore it.
Set up my Mi3 as itwas running MIUI V5.
I love the design ofthe UI and all the functions.
Sign into MIUI forum to get to know about all the features.
I read all the FAQ and What to do threads.
I joined MIUI Beta Group as I think I’m the kind of person that can take risks and first-hand stuff.
I don’t like second-hand btw.
Then I’m selected to join the MIUI 6 Beta Team.
I can’t reveal much about it as it’s confidential even though it’s already released now.
One day, when I was scrolling through the forum just like normal days.
My mouse malfunction halfway, it stops hallway and the thread caught my attention.
Recruitment for Moderator.
I bet this is my lucky day and I’m going to apply for it.
Jackpot!
I got into as an Intern Moderator and I’m promoted to Moderator in one month time.
Let’s talk about MIUI more.
With MIUI, my Mi 3 is like a new phone to me every day. I change theme almost every day.
This really give me the fresh look on my Mi3.
The Security App. One of the most compact function you can find in all Android devices.
You can set your DataUsage.
You can restrict permission of apps.
Such as Calculator app requesting location of you. Weird huh.. or maybe a Flashlight app that require permission to use your Mic and Camera.
You can also scan virus through the Security app. Bye bye virus.
Block lists. Block those SMS or Calls from random companies.
Mi Cloud.
Use it to store mypictures, my contacts, my call logs, recorders everything.
I love MIUI and hate em at the same time.
I love because it’s sobeautiful and so many functions that ease my life and it works perfect on MI
I hate it because it’s too awesome that I can’t take my eyes of U
I
That’s all for my MIUI with Mi story.

Chapter 2

Hobbies

I love reading, no matter what materials, newspapers, technology, ebooks or online portal.

After spending more than 10 years reading, I think that a good articlle should have good sources.

We often see that most of the online tech blogs just copy or translate from what they get online.

They didn't even have their hands on the handset.

I'm lucky enough to attend a few launch of xiaomi phones event.

I learnt alot from it but there are still better people out there.

I think one of the Best Mi VIP Reporter can stand outs based how they perform.

We represent Malaysia.

Malaysia is a multiracial country.

I think it'll be fun if we can report the Launch Premier in 3 language as in English, Malay and Chinese.

This will expose MIUI and Mi to more users in Malaysia.

Part 3

Final Countdown

This is it!

The Grand Launch Premier in New Delhi.

I'll select a few of MiFans form the crowd to do some short interview on what they expect from MIUI 7 before event and what they think about MIUI 7 after the event.

I will set us my YiCam to record the whole indoor full with enthusiatic fans from India and also other part of the world. Maybe we can make a Wave too.

For the backstage, we'll see all the hardworking Mi Team that oragnise this event and make it happen.

Eveyone like BTS. I will make a BTS video with some bloopers maybe.

and some exclusive scene only for Mi Malaysia and fans.

A huge selfie with Hugo and all the crowds. This is a must!

I'll also make some vlog style videos. With my Hotel experience and the journey to the venue/ from Malaysia to India.

This would be my first time stepping my foot on India ground if I get selected.

You might ask where is all my pictures or videos?

You can actually look from the top(from other posts), I'm actually in most of them.

Good luck to everyone!

/Due to limited resources, I need more funding before I can finish up my post./
/Anyone want to donate?/
PM me or Call 1-900-DONATE

Stay tuned for more!

Comment

cloudmah90 please let me know so i can support u?? haha  13:11, Aug-10-2015
dannysam joker ==  13:02, Aug-10-2015

Rated by 7 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

InfoO2 + 1 Win liao lo
shai.shai.neko + 1 Nice!
yankers + 10 + 3 Good luck mate :)
jyike + 2 Awesome!
Kellaw + 10 + 5 The drumroll waiting is killing and deaf

Experience +44  Prestige +18  View Rating Log

MIUI Malay Language Translator & Super Moderator
Xiaomi MIUI Malaysia Community

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
Mi 8
Online time
776 Hours
Send PM

Mi Band 2Mi WiFi Router MiniMijia Story TellerMi  BunnyMi VR HeadsetMi HomeMi BandFlashholicFantastic!MIUI 2016MIUI 7Awesome!MIUI 8MarshmallowMIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIRedmi Note 2Mi PadRedmi NoteMi 4c3 Million Forum App InstallsRooster Year of 20175 Million Forum Posts1300K Forum Members700K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 4th AnniversaryXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMerry Christmas900K Forum MembersThanksgiving Day1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI 5th AnniversaryHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan from MalaysiaMalaysia AnniversaryMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Forum App1400K Forum Members1500K Forum Members1700K Forum Members1900K Forum MembersPokemon Master Medal2014 ChristmasI Love 2016Fan Of MIUI IndiaUEFA EURO MedalFan Of MIUI Greece2100K Forum MembersHappy Singles' DayMIUI 2017I Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMi TalentMr. DependableInbox ZeroMIUI Honorary ModeratorTechnology GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMaster Of TechnologyAndroid ElfScroll Of WisdomMi Lover MedalSuper ModeratorYouth PledgeMIUI Medals CollectorOTA FeedbackMIUI FollowerForum Contest LoverAndroid GuruDie-hard MIUI FanPioneer of MIUI English Forum Mi Bunny Game Master Ringtone TalentUpdates LoverMIUI FB FollowerHumor Master

12:58, Aug-10-2015 | From PC
|
What a great event!!! woohoo

Comment

dannysam yep yep yep. so eggcited  13:03, Aug-10-2015

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5 Pro
Online time
233 Hours
Send PM

Mi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Power BankMi BandUnlock MedalMijia Story TellerMi VR HeadsetMi  BunnyMi Yi CameraYi Action CameraMi Band 2Yeelight Bedside LampMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi HomeMi Selfie StickMi WiFi RouterXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8MIUI 2016MIUI 7Awesome!MarshmallowMIUI Devices ContestFantastic!MIUI 6MIUI 2015FlashholicI Love MIUIMi 5Mi 5 ProMi 3Mi PadMi 4cMi NoteMi 4iMi Note ProXiaomi Mi 4Redmi 2300K Forum Members800K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Bangladesh600K Forum Members900K Forum MembersMIUI 4th AnniversaryCamera Filter Guru MedalThanksgiving DayMIUI Fan From BrazilMalaysia AnniversaryHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI Fan From SingaporeHilal Ramadan 500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 5th Anniversary700K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaXiaomi 5th AnniversaryHappy New YearMerry ChristmasRocket to FutureSuper FridayMIUI Happy Medal1400K Forum Members1500K Forum MembersPuzzle MasterSurge S110 Million Forum PostsFan Of MIUI Italy1 Million Forum MembersSuper ThursdaySuper MondaySingapore Merlion MedalMIUI 20171 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Marathon MedalI Love 2016MIUI World TourMIUI Forum App1700K Forum MembersRooster Year of 2017Pokemon Master MedalHappy Holi MedalUEFA EURO Medal1900K Forum MembersMIUI 9Xiaomi 6th AnniversaryOlympics MedalMIUI 6th Anniversary5 Million Forum App InstallsMi Live MedalMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI 300 WeeksI Love Mi BunnyMiPopGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamOTA FeedbackMi Story TellerMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI FB FollowerAndroid ElfMIUI FollowerMIUI KingYouth PledgeUpdates LoverMi Bunny Game Master Mi TalentRingtone Star Pioneer of MIUI English Forum Wallpaper ExpertInbox ZeroTechnology GuruMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Photography GuruMi Lover MedalHumor MasterDie-hard MIUI FanScroll Of WisdomAndroid GuruMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI Medals CollectorStar Of TechnologyDebate MasterForum Contest Lover

13:07, Aug-10-2015 | From PC
|
Nice.... maybe i just sit at home here waiting for someone report from India.

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

cloudmah90 + 1 your idea not bad lehh!! haha

Experience +1  View Rating Log

Serenity is King of The Hill.

Credits
Device
Mi Max 32GB
Online time
239 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFi Router MiniMi BandYeelight Bedside LampMi KeyMi WiFi RouterMIUI 2015I Love MIUIFantastic!MIUI 6MIUI 7FlashholicAwesome!Mi 4iRedmi 2Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi NoteMi 4cMi TVHappy Valentine's DayFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From Singapore300K Forum MembersThanksgiving Day2014 ChristmasMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 4th Anniversary500K Forum MembersXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI 5th Anniversary900K Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersRocket to FutureMIUI Fan from IndiaRooster Year of 2017Malaysia Anniversary600K Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyTechnology GuruDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FollowerMIUI Global Forum 20142017 Annual AwardsMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Twitter FollowerScroll Of WisdomForum Contest LoverDebate MasterAndroid ElfMIUI FB FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Mi TalentUpdates Lover

13:09, Aug-10-2015 | From PC
|
Awesome. What an interesting event ! Looking forward to it :)

Comment

fksgs2 You should also write something ;)  15:15, Aug-10-2015
Malaysian MIUI-ers, Join us here!
Link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MiMsiaMIUIFans

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 1S
Online time
92 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi Power BankMIUI 7Fantastic!MIUI 6MIUI 2016Awesome!Redmi NoteMi 4cRedmi 2Redmi 1SRedmi Note 2Mi Note ProMi 4iRedmi 3Redmi ProMi NoteMi PadMIUI 5th AnniversaryHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeXiaomi 6th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI India800K Forum Members700K Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMi TalentDie-hard MIUI FanHumor MasterAndroid ElfMi Lover MedalMIUI Wallpaper ContestYouth PledgeForum Contest LoverOTA FeedbackMIUI FollowerUpdates LoverMi Bunny Game Master MIUI FB Follower

13:12, Aug-10-2015 | From PC
|
awesome

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4G
Online time
48 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power BankMi WiFi RouterMIUI 6Awesome!MIUI 7Fantastic!Redmi Note 2Mi PadRedmi NoteMi 4cMi 4iMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From Singapore700K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan from IndiaXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Beta TeamMIUI FB FollowerOTA FeedbackScroll Of WisdomMIUI Translation ContributorUpdates LoverMIUI G+ FollowerMi TalentMi Bunny Game Master MIUI Twitter FollowerAndroid Guru

13:13, Aug-10-2015 | From PC
|
Come on we indians are waiting to welcome you.
MIUI ROCK

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list