Xiaomi Global Team

Credits
Device
Online time
12 Hours
Send PM

[Contest] [SG Mi Fans Only] Win a Trip to India to Live Report the MIUI 7 Launch Event

Close [ Promote]
6903 37 |
12:28, Aug-10-2015 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by joycehliting at 17:36, Aug-12-2015

Congratulations to our winner!
Stay tuned on our MIUI Forum for more updates from our beloved Sinkie Mi Fan~
mivipreportersg.png

miui7

miui7

MIUI lovers in Singapore, we want you! MIUI 7 will debut soon and we are super excited for the global launch event that is gonna happen in New Delhi. We would love to invite you to represent Singapore and join in the Unique MIUI 7 Incredible India Experience & be a VIP Mi Fan reporter!

Be A VIP Mi Fan Reporter

Where and When?
The event will be held at New Delhi, India on 19th August. Return flight tickets and hotel accommodation will be covered.

How?
Step 1: Share your MIUI story with Mi in the most creative way possible. Feel free to use images and videos!

Step 2: Tell Mi your hobbies and how that can help you in becoming one of the best VIP Mi Fan reporters. Yes, there will be other VIP Mi Fan reporters from other countries!

Step 3: Provide Mi with a rough idea on how you’d like to cover the launch event as a VIP Mi Fan reporter. To get an idea, we might arrange these privileges for you :
  • Backstage access to observe the Mi Team on insane mode for the launch
  • Early entry to obtain exclusive behind the scenes moments
  • Phones and cameras for pictures taking and recording purposes. You can event document your hotel experiences!
  • One-day access to take over Mi Singapore's official Instagram account @xiaomisg

Judging Criteria
Creativity- The more creative you are the more you’re also gonna get good rating from other MIUI fans on the forum

Writing- Perfect English is not needed, best if you can connect with everyone. Props for those who can make us laugh, or cry.

Visual- A picture speaks a thousand words. To represent Singapore and engage with more Mi fans with your exclusive content, a reporter must be able to present special moments to capture attention

Submission period
10th August, 12:00 pm till 11th August, 11:59 pm. Winner will be contacted via Private Message by (joycehliting) from Mi Singapore

Terms and conditions
- All submissions must be submitted here at this contest thread
- You must be available from 17 - 20 August 2015 to travel to India
- You are required to have a valid Singapore passport with at least 6 months validity from the dates mentioned above
- You are required to have the necessary visa and documents processed before 17th August
Favorite2 Share

Rated by 10 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

GR33dyBlackie + 10 + 3 Awesome!
kr13l + 1 Agreed!
ansarifauwaz + 5 Awesome!
appoos + 1 Fantastic!
Dasari5 + 1 Great!
joshandsomestuf + 2 Great!
sa.1985 + 5 Great!
hearthekker + 1 Fantastic!
齐天米粉 + 10 + 3 Awesome!
Yashionex + 5 Fantastic!

Experience +41  Prestige +6  View Rating Log

Credits
Device
Mi 4
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
00:05, Aug-11-2015 | From PC
|
This post was edited by stevenneo at 00:20, Aug-11-2015

My MIUI Story.

I have been a MI loyal fan ever since my friend converted me by giving me a Mi Band as a Christmas prize last Christmas. The Mi Band inspired me to exercise more and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Since then, I have graduated from a Redmi 1S to a Mi 4 and loving it.

I love Xiaomi and the brand signifies quality, reliability, and world class standards with the MIUI growing by leaps and bounds where MIUI6 is so elegantly simple that even my parents can use it without any issues. I have been evanglizing the product to my friends and family who are not familiar with the product, and they are always wondering if I “unofficially” work for Xiaomi. One of my friends have bought so much Mi Powerbank for friends and family that we joked that he is a “powerful Mi dealer”.

My Hobbies.

I am a designer, developer, startup and technology evangelist who has developed desktop, web, and mobile applications for business systems in various industries.

I am excited about emerging technologies, cross platform development, and innovative business models and strategies. I am also an amateur photographer and writer who loves to explore exciting places, make new friends from all over the world, and record my adventures online.

These traits have allowed me to blog about tech, startups, business trends, and event happenings all around the world.

Here’s a glimpse of my adventures so far:

1. Technology coverage with an extensive audience:

Windows 10 Launch Party in Singapore: http://www.spiffy.sg/events/windows-10-singapore-launch-party/

TechFest 2014: http://www.spiffy.sg/events/discovering-techfest-2014/

Launch of Internet Explorer mascot, Inori Aizawa: http://www.spiffy.sg/general/int ... orers-inori-aizawa/

2. International press coverage all around the world:

F1 Melbourne Race 2015: http://steve-explores.tumblr.com ... -grand-prix-f1-race

Penang Press Junket for “Mata Mata”: http://steve-explores.tumblr.com ... ip-to-penang-part-1

3. Exclusive interviews with industry leaders in Japan

Ryo Umezawa, Director, J-Seed Ventures, Inc.: http://e.globis.jp/article/000256.html

Yusaku Toyoshima, Executive Director / Producer, Digital Frontier Inc.: http://e.globis.jp/article/000284.html

Scott Brimmer, Director/Brewmaster, Brimmer Brewing K.K.: http://e.globis.jp/article/000284.html

4. Latest events and happenings in Singapore

7 Letters Gala Screening at Capitol Theatre: http://steve-explores.tumblr.com ... ers-to-sg50-jubilee

NDP Celebrations at the Float: http://steve-explores.tumblr.com ... s-at-the-float-2015[/url]

Macallan Rare Cask Singapore Launch: http://steve-explores.tumblr.com ... sk-singapore-launch

My Event Coverage Plan.

As a VIP Mi Fan reporter, I will provide a unique and authentic voice for the Singapore fan base by providing exclusive behind the scenes look into the event with articles, videos, pictures, and real-time event coverage.

1. Extensive Social Media Coverage.

Besides taking over Mi Singapore official instagram account, I will also be reporting “live” on my Facebook, Tumblr, and Instagram accounts to provide exclusive looks into all of the happenings of the launch.

Existing and new hashtags will help to spread my event coverage including videos, pictures, and articles, such as #miui7 #xiaomi #miui7launch #mivip #miuivip #miui7sg #mifansg #redminote2 (if the product is indeed launched at the event)

2. Video Blogging and Streaming.

I will be video blogging the event on Instagram and if possible, try to “live” video stream special moments at the event and throughout my trip via Periscope, such as the Mi Team on insane mode, the exclusive first look into the backstage and the preparations, interviews with the team and Hugo, the product launch opening, and quick reactions on the event floor with fans.

3. Online Giveaways To Extend Reach.

I will try to score exclusive Mi swag from the event (eg. tees, bunnies, etc.) , and spread the excitement to the loyal Singapore fans with exclusive giveaways for Mi Fans that re-tweet, re-post, and re-gram our social media coverage of the event.

If the rumors are true and if Xiaomi is kind enough to sponsor a prize, I will try to give out the Note 2 as an exclusive special reward for the most ardent fans! For such a major prize, it will involve a creative contest such as Mi Fans submitting photos and videos of creative uses of Note 2 in everyday life.

Rated by 1 person   Experience Prestige Reason  

Samyoungct + 10 + 3 Fantastic!

Experience +10  Prestige +3  View Rating Log

Elite Member

Andy

Credits
Device
Mi Max
Online time
178 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandFantastic!MIUI 8Awesome!MIUI 2016I Love MIUIMIUI 7MIUI 6Mi PadMi Note ProMi 4iRedmi Note 2Redmi NoteMi NoteMi TVXiaomi Mi 4Mi 3700K Forum MembersMIUI 9Hilal Ramadan MIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From BrazilXiaomi 5th Anniversary500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From Singapore600K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 5th AnniversaryMerry ChristmasUEFA EURO MedalHappy New Year1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan From MyanmarXiaomi 6th Anniversary5 Million Forum PostsPokemon Master MedalSingapore Merlion Medal800K Forum MembersMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Forum AppThanksgiving DaySingapore Birthday1300K Forum MembersGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyHumor MasterAndroid ElfMi Bunny Game Master Scroll Of WisdomMIUI G+ FollowerAndroid GuruMIUI Twitter FollowerTechnology GuruUpdates LoverDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverMIUI Medals Collector

22:21, Aug-10-2015 | From PC
|
This post was edited by 齐天米粉 at 22:35, Aug-10-2015

Step 1: Share your MIUI story with Mi in the most creative way possible. Feel free to use images and videos!

T1bIJvBXV_1RXrhCrK.jpg
I am in love with Xiaomi! But, why Xiaomi?

This roll all the way back to the days where I started with my Mi 3. Have been an android lover for many years, but the phones in the market were disappointing to me. Started with Samsung S2 changed to Note and to Sony Z1.

39EA77D93507BCFE388E6456CB626D6C.png

When I almost wanted to give up onAndroid system, I have found my TRUE LOVE – XIAOMI. This is because it is running MiUi V5. I have never seen such an UI that has so much customized theme build in ready for download at your fingertip. The biggest attraction to me was the permission manager, which allows me to see a detailed view of all apppermission. I was totally impressed by MIUI. I can feel that the developer really put in effort and hard work while developing this rom for all Mi users.

Thanks Xiaomi for making MIUI such user friendly!

IMG_6642.JPG

Now as a Singapore sub-forum Mod, I enjoy running contests for MIUIer and helping SGMI FANs with some of the tech issues they have faced with their MI devices. Logging on to MIUI forum is a daily habit for me and is already integrated to be part of my life. I will feel extreme uncomfortable if I don’t log on for that day.

Step 2: Tell Mi your hobbies and how that can help you in becoming one of the best VIP Mi Fan reporters. Yes, there will be other VIP Mi Fan reporters from other countries!

My hobbies??? My hobbies are all about Xiaomi!

Starting with writing reviews for Xiaomi product. I love to review xiaomi product because I can take lots of photo on Mi gadget. This will imporve on my photograhy skill!

Here are some of my reviews:
191825yos4lv1vf9vys743.jpg.thumb.jpg

a68d6a59-4c2c-4833-af71-ff7ccf1384e8.jpg

ef904e9c-3b41-4449-acba-9f49e2de1719.jpg

Another hobby is organizing Fan meet up events!

Here are some of the events host by me:
T1QoY_B7CT1RXrhCrK.jpg

24b7d8bd-da43-4284-9297-dae5000b3f08.jpg
Outdoor Cycling event:  http://c.mi.com/sg/thread-695-1-1.html

So how can this 2 hobbies can make the BEST VIP reporter?

Hobby 1 trains my photography skill.
Hobby 2 trains my writing skill.  

Step 3: Provide Mi with a rough idea on how you’d like to cover the launch event as a VIP Mi Fan reporter. To get an idea, we might arrange these privileges for you :
Backstage access to observe the Mi Team on insane mode for the launch
Early entry to obtain exclusive behind the scenes moments
Phones and cameras for pictures taking and recording purposes. You can event document your hotel experiences!
One-day access to take over Mi Singapore's official Instagram account @xiaomisg

Reporting Flow:
-Taking photos/videoof Mi fans queuing and gathering for entering into the site.
-Interview those Mifans and check their excitement level.
-Backstage photo shoot on whats going on.
-Get an interview session with Hugo at back stage
-Sneak Peek at the new device.
-Video down the the full event.
-interview the Mi fans on their feel on MiUi 7 and the new device.
-Product review
-Overall event review

Rated by 12 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

TzYoong + 10 + 5 Congrats!
allakazoo + 5 Cheers to the #1 fan in SG!
evozero + 1 Awesome!
justanotherbear + 2 Support!
Atyant + 10 + 3 Support!!!
marcus_keong + 10 + 5 Awesome!
sHiErShAo + 10 + 5 Great!
ybr101 + 10 + 3 Awesome!
Samyoungct + 10 + 3 This is too Awesome! Andy!!!!
kabbu1 + 3 Fantastic!
shashankp1 + 10 + 5 Fantastic!
Bingo220 + 10 + 5 Fantastic!

Experience +88  Prestige +37  View Rating Log

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi3
Online time
931 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesI Love MIUIMi 3MIUI 3rd AnniversaryHappy Singles' Day100k Forum MembersDiwali MIUI 20 Million UsersAtaturk MourningMIUI 4th Anniversary90000 Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnyMost Active MIUIerMIUI Wallpaper ContestMost Popular Forum UserOTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum Star Of Themes

13:05, Aug-10-2015 | From PC
|
Awesome chance for SG MIUI fans.

Comment

fksgs2 When you'll come to India? :)  19:13, Aug-12-2015

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 1S
Online time
92 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi Power BankMIUI 7Fantastic!MIUI 6MIUI 2016Awesome!Redmi NoteMi 4cRedmi 2Redmi 1SRedmi Note 2Mi Note ProMi 4iRedmi 3Redmi ProMi NoteMi PadMIUI 5th AnniversaryHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeXiaomi 6th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI India800K Forum Members700K Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMi TalentDie-hard MIUI FanHumor MasterAndroid ElfMi Lover MedalMIUI Wallpaper ContestYouth PledgeForum Contest LoverOTA FeedbackMIUI FollowerUpdates LoverMi Bunny Game Master MIUI FB Follower

13:11, Aug-10-2015 | From PC
|
awesome

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4G
Online time
48 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power BankMi WiFi RouterMIUI 6Awesome!MIUI 7Fantastic!Redmi Note 2Mi PadRedmi NoteMi 4cMi 4iMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From Singapore700K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan from IndiaXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Beta TeamMIUI FB FollowerOTA FeedbackScroll Of WisdomMIUI Translation ContributorUpdates LoverMIUI G+ FollowerMi TalentMi Bunny Game Master MIUI Twitter FollowerAndroid Guru

13:16, Aug-10-2015 | From PC
|
Come on guys we indians are waiting to welcome you
MIUI ROCK

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 1S
Online time
610 Hours
Send PM

Mi WiFi Router MiniMi Power BankMi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesMIUI 8MIUI 2015MIUI 2016MIUI 7MIUI 6Awesome!FlashholicFantastic!Xiaomi Mi 4Mi 4iRedmi 2Mi PadMi 4cRedmi 1S700K Forum MembersMIUI 5th AnniversaryHappy Valentine's DayHilal Ramadan 800K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaXiaomi 6th Anniversary1500K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Weekly PollMIUI 9600K Forum MembersMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI 6th AnniversaryPokemon Master MedalUEFA EURO MedalMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI 100 Million UsersI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamScroll Of WisdomForum Contest LoverDebate MasterMIUI Twitter FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanMi Lover MedalMr. DependableStar Of IconsTechnology GuruAndroid GuruMIUI KingStar Of TechnologyWallpaper ExpertAndroid ElfUpdates LoverMi Bunny Game Master Mi TalentMIUI FB Follower2017 Annual AwardsOTA FeedbackMIUI FollowerMIUI Medals Collector

13:30, Aug-10-2015 | From PC
|
awesome

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
Online time
72 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandMi Power BankFantastic!Awesome!MIUI 7MIUI 6Mi PadMi NoteMi 4iMi 4cRedmi Note 2Redmi 2600K Forum MembersHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan from Malaysia700K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From SingaporeThanksgiving Day800K Forum MembersMerry Christmas1 Million Forum MembersXiaomi 5th Anniversary900K Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnyForum Contest LoverDebate MasterMIUI FB FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanYouth PledgeAndroid Elf

13:32, Aug-10-2015 | From PC
|
Come on SIN fans.

Supreme Member

Credits
Device
Mi 6
Online time
942 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMi  BunnyMi HomeMi Power StripMi Yi CameraMi Selfie StickMi Water PurifierMi WiFi RouterYi Action CameraXiaomi 6 LaunchMi KeyMi Power BankUnlock MedalMi BandMi T-ShirtXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 7MarshmallowMIUI 2015MIUI 6FlashholicMIUI 8I Love MIUIMIUI 2016Awesome!Fantastic!Mi 5Redmi Note 2Redmi 3Redmi Note 3Mi 4cMi TVRedmi NoteMi 4iMi 5 ProRedmi 2Xiaomi Mi 6MIUI 5th Anniversary700K Forum Members900K Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMerry ChristmasPuzzle MasterMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan from Malaysia300K Forum MembersAtaturk MourningHappy Singles' DayFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Diwali MIUI 50 Million UsersSuper SundayHilal Ramadan Fan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From IndonesiaXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From BrazilFan Of MIUI Bangladesh600K Forum Members500K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's Day2014 ChristmasMIUI Fan from IndiaFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanMIUI 100 Million UsersThanksgiving DayWomen's Day MedalMIUI Forum AppSingapore Merlion MedalSuper WednesdayMIUI World Tour10 Million Forum PostsMIUI Marathon MedalSurge S1Super TuesdayI Love 2016MIUI Monthly TalkRooster Year of 20173 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Lucky FridayFan Of MIUI Bulgaria1 Million Forum App InstallsHappy New YearMIUI 20171500K Forum MembersMIUI Weekly PollMIUI 9UEFA EURO MedalFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI Happy MedalMIUI 7th AnniversaryXiaomi 6th AnniversaryCamera Filter Guru Medal5 Million Forum PostsMIUI Fan From MyanmarPokemon Master MedalMIUI Font LoverRocket to Future3 Million Forum MembersMIUI Drawing TalentSuper ThursdayMIUI 300 WeeksMid-Autumn FestivalHappy DiwaliSummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopMIUI ReviewRingtone Star Star Of IconsUpdates LoverMIUI KingMi TalentTechnology GuruYouth PledgeMr. DependableMIUI 10MIUI Halloween 2017Happy 2019Mi Lover MedalMost Active MIUIerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI FollowerMIUI SuperstarInbox ZeroApp StarStar Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanHumor MasterMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI ExpertPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FB FollowerAndroid ElfMaster Of TechnologyMIUI Twitter FollowerAndroid GuruOTA FeedbackRedmi Quiz MasterMIUI G+ FollowerWallpaper ExpertMIUI Medals CollectorForum Contest LoverScroll Of WisdomDebate Master

13:35, Aug-10-2015 | From PC
|
Awesome

Supreme Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
763 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMi WiFi RouterMi Power BankMi BandMIUI 7MIUI 6I Love MIUIMIUI 2015MIUI 2016FlashholicFantastic!Awesome!MIUI 8Redmi Note 2Mi PadMi Note ProMi 3Mi 4cMi NoteRedmi 2Mi 4iXiaomi Mi 4Hilal Ramadan 1400K Forum MembersUEFA EURO MedalHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan from MalaysiaXiaomi 5th Anniversary500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From BrazilFan Of MIUI BangladeshFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanMIUI Fan From Philippines600K Forum MembersHappy New Year700K Forum Members1500K Forum Members900K Forum Members300K Forum MembersThanksgiving Day1st AnniversaryFan of MIUI MyanmarMerry Christmas2014 ChristmasFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI 5th Anniversary1 Million Forum Members1300K Forum Members5 Million Forum Posts800K Forum MembersMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI 6th AnniversaryAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI Resources TeamMi Lover MedalUpdates LoverMi Bunny Game Master Mi TalentDie-hard MIUI FanYouth PledgeInbox ZeroHumor MasterRingtone Star MIUI Global Forum 2014Android ElfMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerAndroid GuruMIUI FB FollowerOTA FeedbackMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatForum Contest LoverMIUI FollowerMIUI Medals CollectorStar Of IconsTechnology GuruScroll Of WisdomDebate Master

13:46, Aug-10-2015 | From PC
|
Great Contest For SG fans ....!!
Life Challenge's you, Challenge it Back ....!!

MIUI 9 Alpha Team - China

Credits
Device
Online time
25 Hours
Send PM
13:49, Aug-10-2015 | From PC
|
THIS IS AWESOME CHANGE FOR MI FAN AND OFCOURSE FOR ME

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5
Online time
167 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMi HeadphonesMi BandMi  BunnyMi WiFi RouterMi Power BankXiaomi 7th AnniversaryFantastic!Awesome!MIUI 2016MIUI 8MIUI 7MIUI 6I Love MIUIMIUI 2015FlashholicRedmi Note 2Mi TVMi Pad4 Million Forum MembersMi 3Redmi 2Mi 5Mi Note ProXiaomi Mi 4800K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan from India600K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From Brazil500K Forum MembersHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan from Malaysia700K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaHappy Valentine's Day900K Forum MembersHappy New YearMIUI World TourMerry Christmas1 Million Forum MembersMIUI SUEFA EURO Medal1400K Forum Members1900K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI PolandThanksgiving DayMIUI 9Rocket to FutureMIUI 100 Million UsersSummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMiPopI Love Mi BunnyTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalIndia Independence DayStar Of TechnologyMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid GuruDie-hard MIUI FanDebate MasterOTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum Android ElfUpdates LoverStar Of IconsScroll Of WisdomYouth PledgeMi Bunny Game Master Mi Talent

14:12, Aug-10-2015 | From PC
|
All the best to all Singapore Fans :)
and I hope that you enjoy your stay here in India..

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list