Credits
Device
POCO F1
Online time
23 Hours
Send PM

Redmi 3Redmi 21 Million Forum MembersAndroid GuruDebate Master

[Tools, Tips & Tutorials] Working Native Root for Redmi 2 Enhanced HM2014813 (2GB, 16GB ROM, China Mob)

[ Promote]
26261 185 |
01:19, Aug-06-2015 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by electronegative at 20:13, Jul-31-2016

IMPORTANT: This method was tested on Redmi 2 Enhanced China mobile version (2014813) this method was not tested on Redmi 2 Prime.

WARNING: Do at your own risk. For advanced users only. Includes fastboot commands using command prompt. Please read all instructions carefully before proceeding. This method is proven to work if you do everything right. However I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead sd cards and bootloops. Proceed at your own risk.

This tutorial is intended for Redmi 2 enhanced for which after my small research, haven't yet got a surefire method of Rooting. This method has been tested by myself to be working 100% (screenshots also provided). This method does require fastboot commands which were performed on command prompt in a PC running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit OS. Please follow the following instructions and start rooting folks!

1. Download all the prerequisites and TWRP recovery for HM2014813 from the following thread link:
       http://en.miui.com/thread-95746-1-1.html
2. Enable developer options and USB Debugging by navigating to settings: Settings -> Developer options (MIUI 6: Settings -> Additional Settings -> Developer options)
3. Download the files, place it in one location along with fastboot.exe and extract the recovery zip and rename the extracted file to recovery.img
4. Download superuser.zip (attached) and put it on the root of your SD card.
5. Boot your device into fastboot mode: with the phone switched off press the Volume DOWN and POWER buttons at the same time.
6. Connect your device to PC via USB cable
7. Open a command prompt in the directory where the fastboot.exe is located (shift + right click--open command window here)
8. Type in the following commands:

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

9. The recovery will be flashed in less than a second if you did everything correctly so far.

*********Now, in most tutorials, I have seen that the next step after this is to reboot the device. Now for some reason the stock Mi recovery flashes the installed custom recovery resulting in no changes. So I've basically found a solution to fix this problem.*********

10. Now ( be sure to rename the extracted recovery file to recovery.img ) type:
         fastboot boot recovery.img
11. Voila! Now you will enter the TWRP recovery.
12. This is a touch based recovery, so you just select install zip from SD card, navigate to the place where you've stored the             Superuser.zip and just install it and wait till installation finishes.

13. Congratulations! Your Device is now rooted! Reboot the device and you can find the superuser app in your phone.
Enjoy!!

P.S: Installing a custom recovery or Rooting does not cause OTA updates to fail. I successfully installed two OTA updates after I did all this and rooted my phone. It sure works for me.

PLEASE RATE THE THREAD IF IT WORKS FOR YOU...

superuser.zip. Download:

UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.40.zip (3.82 MB, Downloads: 2342)
Favorite8 Share

Rated by 9 people   Experience Reason  

c@der + 1 Thanks!
me28 + 1 Awesome!
lAltroBros + 1 Thanks!
53982786 + 1 Great!
pcosteira + 1 Awesome!
beje + 1 Great!
Ryo_Hanzo_Devil + 4 Thanks!
drshafi + 1 Fantastic!
zoood + 1 Thanks! Worked!

Experience +12  View Rating Log

Flash | Root | Update

Credits
Device
Online time
14 Hours
Send PM
19:29, Aug-06-2015 | From PC
|
Hi, I live in india and bought a xiaomi redmi 2 enhanced edition 2gb ram/ 16gb rom from china running 66.55.22.00(KHJCNCD) stable MIUI version. How can i root it? will this method work with my phone?

Credits
Device
POCO F1
Online time
23 Hours
Send PM

Author| 22:34, Aug-06-2015 | From PC
|
drshafi replied at 2015-8-6 16:59
Hi, I live in india and bought a xiaomi redmi 2 enhanced edition 2gb ram/ 16gb rom from china runnin ...

Yes it will
Flash | Root | Update

Credits
Device
Redmi 2
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM
22:42, Aug-06-2015 | From PC
|
Great!

Credits
Device
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM
23:20, Aug-06-2015 | Via mobile
|
HM2014813(1GB RAM,8GBROM)

Credits
Device
POCO F1
Online time
23 Hours
Send PM

Author| 22:40, Aug-08-2015 | From PC
|
No, HM2014813 has 2GB RAM and 16GB ROM
Flash | Root | Update

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM
11:15, Aug-09-2015 | From PC
|
good~~

Credits
Device
Online time
14 Hours
Send PM
21:08, Aug-10-2015 | From PC
|

Thanks  for the reply rooted with same method, as i told you before i live in india can i flash global stable miui version to my device and root it again? If yes please tell me how? Which global version to be flash? Is there any benefits of flashing global rom over china version.

Supreme Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm
Online time
205 Hours
Send PM

Mi Bluetooth SpeakerMIUI 8I Love MIUIFantastic!MIUI Devices ContestRooster Year of 2017Women's Day MedalMIUI Lucky FridayHappy DiwaliFan Of MIUI IndiaMid-Autumn FestivalSuper WednesdayMerry Christmas3 Million Forum MembersMIUI 9Rocket to Future10 Million Forum Posts300K Forum MembersMIUI 7th AnniversaryMiPopPioneer of MIUI English Forum Android ElfMi Lover MedalForum Contest LoverMIUI ExpertScroll Of Wisdom

18:31, Aug-11-2015 | From PC
|
nice,,,, gud job done

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
05:37, Aug-12-2015 | From PC
|
gona try

Credits Management