Credits
Device
Mi 4i
Online time
3268 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxMi HeadphonesMi Band 2Mi WiFi RouterMijia Story TellerMi HomeMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi VRMi BandXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAwesome!FlashholicMIUI 2016MIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIMIUI 6Fantastic!MIUI 7MIUI 2015Mi PadXiaomi Mi 4Mi 4iMi 1RedmiMi 34 Million Forum Members500K Forum Members300K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesXiaomi 5th Anniversary1st AnniversaryMIUI Fan From Brazil90000 Forum MembersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI 3rd AnniversaryThanksgiving Day2014 Christmas100k Forum Members600K Forum MembersMIUI English Forum 2013MIUI 30 Million UsersFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanAtaturk MourningHappy Singles' DayRocket to FutureHappy Valentine's Day3500K Forum MembersSuper SaturdaySuper MondaySuper Thursday1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Lucky FridaySuper SundayMIUI Forum AppMIUI 9Puzzle MasterMIUI 7th AnniversaryDiwali Ringolicious MedalFan Of MIUI IndiaI Love 2016Fan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI Fan From Singapore800K Forum MembersMIUI 5th Anniversary700K Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersMIUI 50 Million Users2100K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI 4th AnniversaryHappy DiwaliSummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta Team VIPMIUI Beta TeamMIUI ReviewPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid GuruMIUI Translation ContributorMi TalentMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI G+ FollowerDebate MasterMi Lover MedalMost Active MIUIerMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI 8th AnniversaryMi Bunny Game Master MIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeStar Of TechnologyMIUI KingMi Story TellerBest ArticleAndroid ElfOTA FeedbackUpdates LoverSuper ModeratorDie-hard MIUI FanMr. DependableStar Of  MIUI Beta TeamSenior Beta TesterMIUI Community VIPStar Of IconsStar Bug FinderMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014Forum Contest LoverMIUI ExpertYouth Pledge

[Other] MIUI Know-How Series XXIV: How to Customize Your New Device in Your Own Style?

[ Promote]
309893 1412 |
18:36, Dec-29-2017 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
990 390.jpg

Hi Friends

Buying a new Mi device for the first time is a mixture of excitement and impatience. The new UI, OEM exclusives features, hours of search in blogs/forum for tips/tricks/tweaks, especially if you changed from a boring interface to a completely different interface than the one you're used to. However, these little surprises can turn into frustration and annoyance really quickly if we’re not a fan of the new features. That’s why I’m going to show you how to deactivate five stock options that drive us mad.

1. Deactivate touch response sounds and vibrations

sound.jpg

When I’m using a smartphone for the first time there are few things such as removing touch/haptic feedback, so it’s always the first thing I have to turn off. Besides, it doesn't take a genius to turn it off. Should you need assistance, you can always refer to [MIUI Class Vol. 9] Wanna Extend Your Battery Life in Emergency? Check Out Here! to stop the sounds and vibrations of the touch response, Open Settings -> Sound and Vibration -> Vibrate on touch -> Select Off for a better experience.Once there you can disable keyboard sounds, screen lock sounds, charging sounds, touch sounds, touch vibration, etc. However, it is possible that the device is used by an older adult who doesn’t have a keen sense of touch, it is recommended to leave the vibration activated so it’s easier to tell when the screen is touched.

2. Deactivate keyboard vibration when you type
sound.jpg

Somehow, touch response keyboard is active when the new keyboard is in use or activated for the first time. You may perhaps wonder since you’ve deactivated all the touch feedback on the system.
So why does it vibrate when I type? Well, the keyboard has settings of its own. To deactivate keyboard vibrations, you’ll have to head to the settings on the keyboard itself, whether you still use the stock one or one that you’ve installed such as Swift or Google Indic in my case.

Go to Settings > Additional settings > Language and input > Current Keyboard > Choose your Keyboard (in case of google Indic keyboard) > Sound on Press > Toggle to OFF and Vibrate on keypress > Toggle to OFF

3. Rein in auto-correct

Correction.jpg

It's quite often auto-correct is more a hinder than a help. It would be perfect if it would just recommend words instead of directly changing what we’ve written after we hit the space bar and putting whatever it feels like in there. I have to apologise numerous times to use and have to take that extra mile to tell them that it's auto correct and not what I typed. You’ll probably have to deactivate it before you continue installing apps. To deactivate

Go to Settings > Additional settings > Language and input > Current Keyboard > Choose your Keyboard (in case of google Indic keyboard)
In the keyboard settings, press ‘Input’ > toggle the options that say ‘Auto spell correction.’

4. Uninstall/remove preinstalled apps

Stop.jpg

A commonly known fact. I'm not sure now, but previously my legacy devices used to be packed with OEM apps which I seldom use. It's either OEM knows what I want or OEM dictates what I'm supposed to use from their own services. Right?

If your device is newly flashed, you might never use those services and potentially be wasting using valuable device space as well as mobile data. And then frequent updates from play store to keep the app up to date for reason not known to us and some may even be running in the background and we don't even know it. You can’t completely uninstall them (unless your phone's rooted), but you can put them on hibernate (disable). In such case

Go to Settings > Installed Apps > (Sort the app for easy navigation) > Choose the app you want to disable (avoid core Google services or other apps that aren’t in the app drawer). In the app information, you’ll find a force close button. Alternatively, you can also choose to deactivate notifications should you choose.

5.Dress for the occasion
Themes.jpg

Unlike most of the OEM, Mi Devices come with its own Theme Store.  Mi themes have hundreds and thousands of themes for styling just for you. If you are familiar with web development, the first approach is akin to using inline CSS styles, and the second approach is akin to using style sheets. If not, we have the Mi-Theme store ready to apply themes packages with custom icons, wallpapers, fonts. Mi themes are nothing but framing or matting around your device UI and make up the look and feel with a variety of customization options. Downloading themes is as easy as 1-2-3 Steps
Open Themes > Download the theme of your choice > Apply > Reboot should it asks for completion

For granular level customisations
Open Themes > Download the themes of your liking > tap profile icon > scroll to customise theme > select the modules you wish to customise such as Lock style

Favorite554 Share

Rated by 13 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

Masfe + 5 Fantastic!
mornes + 1 <font style="vertical-align: inh
p8z68ud2h + 5 Thanks!
dobriy_putnik + 2 Thanks!
dree2016 + 10 + 3 Awesome!
Fifek64 + 1 Thanks!
Gosiia + 1 Great!
Katrix + 10 + 3 Fantastic!
maximalcrZy + 2 Great!
Gabareanu + 1 Great!
VPSINGH1009 + 2 Fantastic!
bauezid.MR9 + 5 Awesome!
miuiermichael + 10 + 2 Thanks!

Experience +55  Prestige +8  View Rating Log

Retired

Retired Administrator

Credits
Device
Mi 5
Online time
907 Hours
Send PM

Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryFantastic!MIUI Forum AppMIUI 2017Surge S1MIUI 7th AnniversaryRocket to FutureMIUI Happy MedalMi Live MedalMIUI 9MiPopAndroid ElfMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Weekly Devices QuizRingtone ExpertMaster Of TechnologyUpdates LoverMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatTechnology Guru

13:52, Jan-11-2018 | From PC
|
Useful thread

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm
Online time
14 Hours
Send PM

Mi HeadphonesMi BandMagic CubeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI Devices ContestRedmi Note 3Redmi Note 4XSuper FridayHappy New YearMerry ChristmasI Love 20161 Million Forum App Installs10 Million Forum PostsMIUI Happy Medal1900K Forum Members3 Million Forum MembersMIUI 9Diwali Women's Day MedalMiPopMi Lover MedalMIUI Quick DiscussionTechnology GuruForum Contest LoverMaster Of Technology25 Million StrongAndroid GuruMIUI FollowerMi TalentUpdates LoverScroll Of WisdomPioneer of MIUI English Forum Die-hard MIUI FanMIUI ExpertMIUI G+ FollowerDebate MasterAndroid Elf

13:52, Jan-11-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
nice.   

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
283 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Mi Bunny RobotMi Selfie StickYi Action CameraMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi WiFiMagic CubeMi HeadphonesNinebot MiniMijia VR Play 2Mi VRXiaomi 6 LaunchMi BandMi HomeMijia Smart ShoesMi Notebook AirMi Power BankMi T-ShirtNinety Degree LuggageMi Band 2Unlock MedalMi Power StripMi Water PurifierMi  BunnyMi TV 70Mijia Story TellerMi VR HeadsetMi BoxMi Kids WatchMi ScaleMi Bluetooth HeadsetMijia Smart PTZ CameraXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8I Love MIUIMarshmallowMIUI 2016Awesome!MIUI Devices ContestAnTuTuFlashholicFantastic!Redmi Note 3Redmi Note 4Redmi 4XMi TVMi 4iMIUI 2017Happy New YearAtaturk MourningFan Of MIUI Russia1 Million Forum App InstallsMerry Christmas3 Million Forum App Installs1st AnniversaryFan Of MIUI ItalyHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Monthly TalkMIUI PFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Drawing TalentRooster Year of 20171500K Forum Members1900K Forum MembersMIUI SFan Of MIUI PolandHappy DiwaliMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Fan from Turkey2 Million Forum MembersHappy Singles' DayFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Marathon MedalFan Of MIUI GreeceXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI World TourCamera Filter Guru MedalMIUI Weekly PollI Love 2016Thanksgiving DaySuper SaturdayMIUI Font LoverRingolicious MedalMIUI Fan From MyanmarHappy Holi MedalMIUI Forum App3 Million Forum MembersSuper ThursdayMIUI Happy Medal5 Million Forum App Installs300K Forum MembersDiwali MIUI 9500K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Philippines Fan MeetupXiaomi 5th Anniversary3500K Forum MembersSuper SundayMIUI Fan From Philippines10 Million Forum Posts90000 Forum MembersMIUI Fan From NepalSuper TuesdaySuper FridaySingapore Merlion MedalSuper WednesdayRocket to FutureSurge S1MIUI Fan from IndiaPuzzle MasterSuper MondayWomen's Day MedalGamer Mi BunnyMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Review5 Million Forum MembersMaster Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FB FollowerBlack SharkSurprise8 Million Forum MembersXiaomi 8th AnniversaryQuick SurveyPioneer of MIUI English Forum Nougat6 Million Forum MembersTheme TalentMIUI Ice Bucket Challenge9 Million Forum MembersDiscuss HereMIUI 10MIUI Weekend GiveawayMi DropIndia Independence DayMi Bunny Game Master MIUI 8th AnniversaryMost Active MIUIerOTA FeedbackMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatApp TalentEvaluator RepAndroid ElfMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMi Story TellerMr. DependableMIUI SuperstarMIUI Halloween 2017Humor MasterInbox ZeroMi TalentApp TalentMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI KingTechnology GuruMIUI FollowerStar WarsAndroid GuruScroll Of WisdomMi Lover Medal2017 Annual AwardsDebate MasterMIUI Quick Discussion7 Million Forum MembersMIUI Medals CollectorStar Of TechnologyYouth PledgeUpdates LoverMost Popular Forum UserForum Contest LoverMIUI Expert

13:53, Jan-11-2018 | From PC
|
Thanks for Sharing

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 4X
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

Mi Kids WatchMIUI Devices ContestHappy New YearWomen's Day MedalMIUI 2017MIUI 9MIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Happy MedalMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMi Lover MedalMr. Dependable2017 Annual AwardsMIUI Follower

13:54, Jan-11-2018 | From Redmi 4X
|
Good ! Useful.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Online time
18 Hours
Send PM

Mi Band 2Mi VRMi Kids WatchMi MIXMi HeadphonesMagic CubeUnlock MedalXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAwesome!FlashholicI Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestRedmi 3SSuper Wednesday10 Million Forum PostsSuper ThursdaySuper Monday3 Million Forum MembersRooster Year of 20171 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Forum AppMIUI Happy MedalMIUI SMerry ChristmasHappy New YearMIUI 2017MIUI Lucky Friday3 Million Forum App InstallsWomen's Day MedalSuper SaturdaySuper Sunday300K Forum MembersMIUI 9MIUI 50 Million UsersRocket to FutureMIUI 7th AnniversaryMiPopGamer Mi Bunny2017 Annual AwardsAndroid ElfMi Lover MedalMIUI Weekly Devices QuizOTA FeedbackMost Active MIUIerXiaomi 8th AnniversarySurprise6 Million Forum MembersTheme TalentMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Debate MasterAndroid GuruStar Of TechnologyForum Contest LoverDie-hard MIUI FanMi Story TellerUpdates LoverMi TalentMi Bunny Game Master MIUI King

13:56, Jan-11-2018 | From Redmi 3S
|
Me also did same thing with My new device

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S
Online time
83 Hours
Send PM

Mi  BunnyMijia Walkie TalkieMi HomeMagic CubeMi Band 2Unlock MedalMi Kids WatchMi Bluetooth HeadsetFantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!Redmi 3SMIUI 2017Diwali MIUI Happy MedalMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI 9MIUI Fan From IndonesiaHappy DiwaliHappy New YearPuzzle MasterMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI SMerry ChristmasMIUI PRocket to FutureSurge S1MiPopMIUI Device TeamPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Halloween 2017SurpriseStar WarsForum Contest LoverOTA FeedbackMi Lover MedalMIUI Twitter FollowerTheme TalentAndroid GuruScroll Of Wisdom7 Million Forum MembersMost Active MIUIerMIUI Medals CollectorStar Of Technology2017 Annual AwardsMIUI FollowerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat

13:56, Jan-11-2018 | From Redmi 3S
|
good tips ..

MIUI Beta Team - Global

⭐⭐⭐

Credits
Device
Mi Max 2
Online time
1518 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi  BunnyMijia Smart ShoesMi Notebook AirMijia Qi CycleMijia Walkie TalkieMi TV 70Mijia Smart PTZ CameraMi HomeMi ScaleMi MIXMi BoxMi Band 2Magic CubeMi T-ShirtMi Bluetooth HeadsetMijia Story TellerMi WiFi RouterNinebot MiniMi Power BankUnlock MedalMijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi Kids WatchAnTuTuMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!I Love MIUIFlashholicFantastic!Mi 5s PlusMi 4cMi PadXiaomi Mi 4Redmi Note 24 Million Forum MembersRedmi 3Redmi ProMi Note 2Redmi 1SMi 4SRedmi Note 4Redmi 3SMi Pad 3Redmi NoteRedmi 4/Prime/4AXiaomi Mi 6Mi MIXRedmi Note 4X3 Million Forum MembersSuper ThursdayWomen's Day Medal300K Forum MembersMIUI 2017Rocket to FutureMIUI 9Happy Holi MedalSuper Monday10 Million Forum PostsMIUI Font Lover2 Million Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 50 Million UsersCamera Filter Guru MedalXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMerry ChristmasHappy New YearMIUI 20 Million UsersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI SSuper SaturdaySurge S1Happy DiwaliDiwali Puzzle MasterHappy Singles' DayMIUI Fan From Indonesia5 Million Forum App InstallsFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI P1st AnniversaryMIUI Happy MedalMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI 7th AnniversaryMiPopGamer Mi BunnyMIUI News TeamApp StarSurpriseMIUI Superstar9 Million Forum MembersAndroid ElfMIUI FB FollowerRingtone ExpertBlack SharkMIUI KingXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMaster Of Technology5 Million Forum MembersDebate MasterAndroid GuruStar Wars6 Million Forum Members7 Million Forum MembersMi MIX 2Nougat2017 Annual Awards25 Million StrongMIUI Halloween 2017Mr. DependableMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI 8th AnniversaryMi TalentMi Lover MedalMi 5XStar Of TechnologyRedmi Note 5/ProOTA FeedbackRedmi Note 5A/PrimeMi Note 3MIUI ExpertMIUI Quick DiscussionOreoRedmi 5AMi A1Pioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerMIUI Weekly Devices QuizUpdates LoverScroll Of WisdomQuick SurveyDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat8 Million Forum MembersMost Active MIUIerTheme TalentMIUI Medals CollectorTechnology GuruForum Contest LoverMi Story Teller

13:57, Jan-11-2018 | From PC
|
Cool! Tips Thanks for the share

Please Click Reply Below Or Type My Tag @PrinceKaran To Notify Me, So you'll get my attention.

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM

Mi HeadphonesMi BoxMi Kids WatchMi Bluetooth HeadsetXiaomi 7th AnniversaryFantastic!MIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIMIUI 8Awesome!MIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI S3 Million Forum App InstallsHappy Valentine's DayMIUI PSuper MondayMIUI Happy Medal1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Forum AppRocket to FutureMiPopGamer Mi BunnyApp Star7 Million Forum MembersMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Quick DiscussionSurpriseHumor MasterMIUI 8th AnniversaryMi Lover MedalMIUI Weekly Devices QuizPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerMIUI ExpertAndroid GuruTheme TalentStar WarsForum Contest LoverMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat

13:57, Jan-11-2018 | From Mi Max 32GB
|
Thanks for sharing.

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 6
Online time
54 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Story TellerMi Band 2Mi Bluetooth SpeakerMagic CubeUnlock MedalMijia Qi CycleMi Bluetooth HeadsetMi Kids WatchI Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestFlashholicAwesome!4 Million Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI SMIUI 2017MIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI PRocket to FutureMIUI 9300K Forum MembersSurge S1MIUI Happy MedalHappy New YearSummer Mi BunnyMiPopDie-hard MIUI FanMi Lover MedalForum Contest LoverTheme Talent25 Million StrongXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI Medals CollectorPioneer of MIUI English Forum 6 Million Forum MembersStar Of TechnologyScroll Of WisdomMIUI ExpertMIUI FollowerNougatAndroid GuruMIUI G+ FollowerMi Story Teller2017 Annual AwardsTechnology Guru7 Million Forum Members

13:58, Jan-11-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
Useful thread
I am GEORGIAN

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list