Credits
Device
Mi 4i
MIUI Version
Online time
2964 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi HeadphonesMi VRMijia Story TellerMi HomeMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BoxMi WiFi RouterMi Band 2Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 2015MIUI 7FlashholicMIUI 6I Love MIUIAwesome!Fantastic!MIUI 2016Mi 1RedmiMi Pad4 Million Forum MembersMi 3Xiaomi Mi 4Mi 4i500K Forum MembersThanksgiving DayFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanHappy Singles' DayAtaturk MourningMIUI 100 Million Users90000 Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI 50 Million UsersDiwali MIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI 30 Million UsersMIUI English Forum 20131st AnniversaryMIUI Fan From PhilippinesXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI 20 Million Users100k Forum MembersMIUI 3rd Anniversary300K Forum Members2014 Christmas3500K Forum MembersSuper MondayHappy DiwaliSuper SaturdaySuper Sunday1 Million Forum MembersSuper ThursdayMIUI Lucky FridayFan Of MIUI Bangladesh2100K Forum MembersI Love 2016MIUI Fan From Brazil1 Million Forum App Installs800K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Forum AppRingolicious Medal700K Forum MembersMIUI 9Happy Valentine's DayMIUI 5th Anniversary600K Forum MembersMIUI 7th AnniversaryI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta Team VIPMIUI ReviewMIUI Beta TeamStar Of IconsMIUI ExpertMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeAndroid GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Community VIPMi Bunny Game Master MIUI Medals CollectorStar Bug FinderStar Of  MIUI Beta TeamMi TalentForum Contest LoverMIUI Translation ContributorYouth PledgeDebate MasterMIUI Global Forum 2014Most Active MIUIerMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI G+ FollowerAndroid ElfUpdates LoverOTA FeedbackSenior Beta TesterBest ArticleStar Of TechnologyMIUI KingMi Story TellerMr. DependableMi Lover MedalDie-hard MIUI FanSuper ModeratorMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum

[Other] MIUI Know-How Series XXIV: How to Customize Your New Device in Your Own Style?

[ Promote]
298448 1356 |
18:36, Dec-29-2017 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
990 390.jpg

Hi Friends

Buying a new Mi device for the first time is a mixture of excitement and impatience. The new UI, OEM exclusives features, hours of search in blogs/forum for tips/tricks/tweaks, especially if you changed from a boring interface to a completely different interface than the one you're used to. However, these little surprises can turn into frustration and annoyance really quickly if we’re not a fan of the new features. That’s why I’m going to show you how to deactivate five stock options that drive us mad.

1. Deactivate touch response sounds and vibrations

sound.jpg

When I’m using a smartphone for the first time there are few things such as removing touch/haptic feedback, so it’s always the first thing I have to turn off. Besides, it doesn't take a genius to turn it off. Should you need assistance, you can always refer to [MIUI Class Vol. 9] Wanna Extend Your Battery Life in Emergency? Check Out Here! to stop the sounds and vibrations of the touch response, Open Settings -> Sound and Vibration -> Vibrate on touch -> Select Off for a better experience.Once there you can disable keyboard sounds, screen lock sounds, charging sounds, touch sounds, touch vibration, etc. However, it is possible that the device is used by an older adult who doesn’t have a keen sense of touch, it is recommended to leave the vibration activated so it’s easier to tell when the screen is touched.

2. Deactivate keyboard vibration when you type
sound.jpg

Somehow, touch response keyboard is active when the new keyboard is in use or activated for the first time. You may perhaps wonder since you’ve deactivated all the touch feedback on the system.
So why does it vibrate when I type? Well, the keyboard has settings of its own. To deactivate keyboard vibrations, you’ll have to head to the settings on the keyboard itself, whether you still use the stock one or one that you’ve installed such as Swift or Google Indic in my case.

Go to Settings > Additional settings > Language and input > Current Keyboard > Choose your Keyboard (in case of google Indic keyboard) > Sound on Press > Toggle to OFF and Vibrate on keypress > Toggle to OFF

3. Rein in auto-correct

Correction.jpg

It's quite often auto-correct is more a hinder than a help. It would be perfect if it would just recommend words instead of directly changing what we’ve written after we hit the space bar and putting whatever it feels like in there. I have to apologise numerous times to use and have to take that extra mile to tell them that it's auto correct and not what I typed. You’ll probably have to deactivate it before you continue installing apps. To deactivate

Go to Settings > Additional settings > Language and input > Current Keyboard > Choose your Keyboard (in case of google Indic keyboard)
In the keyboard settings, press ‘Input’ > toggle the options that say ‘Auto spell correction.’

4. Uninstall/remove preinstalled apps

Stop.jpg

A commonly known fact. I'm not sure now, but previously my legacy devices used to be packed with OEM apps which I seldom use. It's either OEM knows what I want or OEM dictates what I'm supposed to use from their own services. Right?

If your device is newly flashed, you might never use those services and potentially be wasting using valuable device space as well as mobile data. And then frequent updates from play store to keep the app up to date for reason not known to us and some may even be running in the background and we don't even know it. You can’t completely uninstall them (unless your phone's rooted), but you can put them on hibernate (disable). In such case

Go to Settings > Installed Apps > (Sort the app for easy navigation) > Choose the app you want to disable (avoid core Google services or other apps that aren’t in the app drawer). In the app information, you’ll find a force close button. Alternatively, you can also choose to deactivate notifications should you choose.

5.Dress for the occasion
Themes.jpg

Unlike most of the OEM, Mi Devices come with its own Theme Store.  Mi themes have hundreds and thousands of themes for styling just for you. If you are familiar with web development, the first approach is akin to using inline CSS styles, and the second approach is akin to using style sheets. If not, we have the Mi-Theme store ready to apply themes packages with custom icons, wallpapers, fonts. Mi themes are nothing but framing or matting around your device UI and make up the look and feel with a variety of customization options. Downloading themes is as easy as 1-2-3 Steps
Open Themes > Download the theme of your choice > Apply > Reboot should it asks for completion

For granular level customisations
Open Themes > Download the themes of your liking > tap profile icon > scroll to customise theme > select the modules you wish to customise such as Lock style

Favorite540 Share

Rated by 13 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

Masfe + 5 Fantastic!
mornes + 1 <font style="vertical-align: inh
p8z68ud2h + 5 Thanks!
dobriy_putnik + 2 Thanks!
dree2016 + 10 + 3 Awesome!
Fifek64 + 1 Thanks!
Gosiia + 1 Great!
Katrix + 10 + 3 Fantastic!
maximalcrZy + 2 Great!
Gabareanu + 1 Great!
VPSINGH1009 + 2 Fantastic!
bauezid.MR9 + 5 Awesome!
miuiermichael + 10 + 2 Thanks!

Experience +55  Prestige +8  View Rating Log

Retired

Administrator

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
Online time
537 Hours
Send PM

Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryFantastic!MIUI 2017MIUI 9MIUI Forum AppMIUI 7th AnniversaryRocket to FutureMIUI Happy MedalMi Live MedalMiPopRingtone ExpertAndroid ElfMaster Of TechnologyMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatTechnology GuruUpdates LoverMIUI G+ Follower

13:52, Jan-11-2018 | From PC
|
Useful thread

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm
MIUI Version
Online time
14 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi HeadphonesMagic CubeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAwesome!MIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIRedmi Note 4XRedmi Note 3Happy New Year1 Million Forum App InstallsI Love 2016Merry Christmas10 Million Forum PostsDiwali Super Friday3 Million Forum Members1900K Forum MembersMIUI 9MIUI Happy MedalMIUI FollowerForum Contest LoverTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalAndroid ElfMaster Of TechnologyMi TalentPioneer of MIUI English Forum Updates LoverMIUI G+ FollowerAndroid GuruDie-hard MIUI FanDebate MasterScroll Of WisdomMIUI Expert

13:52, Jan-11-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
nice.   

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
Online time
199 Hours
Send PM

Mi  BunnyMi Water PurifierMi TV 70Mi VR HeadsetNinebot MiniUnlock MedalMijia Story TellerMi BandMi VRMijia VR Play 2Xiaomi 6 LaunchMi Power StripMi HomeMi WiFiMijia Smart PTZ CameraMi BoxMi Band 2Yi Action CameraMi Selfie StickMi Power Bank 10000MAH Magic CubeMi HeadphonesMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi ScaleXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 2016FlashholicAnTuTuMIUI Devices ContestFantastic!MarshmallowAwesome!MIUI 8I Love MIUIRedmi 4XRedmi Note 3Redmi Note 4Mi 4iFan Of MIUI IndiaFan Of MIUI PolandMIUI Fan From SingaporeHappy Valentine's DayMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI Italy1900K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaSingapore Merlion MedalSurge S1Super FridayRocket to FutureHappy DiwaliSuper MondayMIUI Weekly PollMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Monthly Talk1 Million Forum App InstallsMerry ChristmasRooster Year of 2017MIUI 2017Fan Of MIUI RussiaFan Of MIUI Bangladesh3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Fan from MalaysiaThanksgiving DayMIUI Drawing Talent1500K Forum MembersI Love 2016Happy New YearSuper TuesdayMIUI Philippines Fan MeetupMIUI 9MIUI Fan From NepalMIUI 100 Million UsersXiaomi 5th AnniversarySuper SundayMIUI Fan From Myanmar300K Forum Members3500K Forum MembersMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From PhilippinesAtaturk MourningFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI P1st AnniversaryDiwali Camera Filter Guru MedalMIUI 5th AnniversaryRingolicious Medal500K Forum MembersWomen's Day MedalSuper Thursday5 Million Forum App InstallsSuper Wednesday90000 Forum Members10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersPuzzle MasterMIUI Happy MedalMIUI Forum AppMIUI Font LoverSuper SaturdayHappy Holi MedalGamer Mi BunnyMiPopI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI Halloween 2017Mi TalentInbox ZeroMr. DependableOTA FeedbackUpdates LoverStar Of Technology2017 Annual AwardsMi Lover MedalForum Contest LoverMIUI FollowerMaster Of TechnologyMIUI SuperstarDebate MasterMi Story TellerTheme TalentYouth PledgeApp TalentDie-hard MIUI FanPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Medals CollectorScroll Of WisdomAndroid ElfMost Popular Forum UserMIUI ExpertMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatHumor MasterMIUI KingApp TalentTechnology GuruIndia Independence DayMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMi Bunny Game Master Android Guru

13:53, Jan-11-2018 | From PC
|
Thanks for Sharing

Gold Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

MIUI Devices ContestMIUI 2017MIUI 9Happy New YearMIUI Lucky Friday2017 Annual AwardsMIUI FollowerMi Lover MedalMr. Dependable

13:54, Jan-11-2018 | From Redmi 4X
|
Good ! Useful.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V8.5.4.0.MALMIED
Online time
18 Hours
Send PM

Mi HeadphonesMi Band 2Mi VRMi MIXXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAwesome!FlashholicMIUI Devices ContestRedmi 3SSuper WednesdayWomen's Day Medal3 Million Forum MembersMIUI Forum App10 Million Forum PostsRocket to FutureSuper MondayMIUI 50 Million UsersSuper SaturdayMIUI 2017Happy New YearMIUI 9MIUI 7th AnniversaryMerry Christmas1 Million Forum App Installs300K Forum Members3 Million Forum App InstallsRooster Year of 2017Super ThursdaySuper SundayMIUI Lucky FridayMi Story TellerMi Lover MedalUpdates LoverMi Bunny Game Master MIUI FollowerTheme Talent2017 Annual AwardsPioneer of MIUI English Forum Debate MasterDie-hard MIUI FanMi TalentAndroid GuruMIUI KingStar Of TechnologyForum Contest Lover

13:56, Jan-11-2018 | From Redmi 3S
|
Me also did same thing with My new device

MIUI Device Team

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S
MIUI Version
Online time
73 Hours
Send PM

Magic CubeMi Band 2Mi  BunnyMi HomeMijia Walkie TalkieMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!Fantastic!Redmi 3SMIUI Lucky FridayPuzzle MasterDiwali MIUI 9MIUI Happy MedalRocket to FutureMerry ChristmasHappy New YearMIUI 2017Happy DiwaliMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Device TeamMi Lover MedalPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatScroll Of WisdomMIUI Twitter Follower2017 Annual AwardsStar Of TechnologyMIUI FollowerMost Active MIUIerAndroid GuruTheme TalentMIUI Medals Collector

13:56, Jan-11-2018 | From Redmi 3S
|
good tips ..

MIUI Beta Team - Global

BSC - MATH

Credits
Device
Mi Max 2
MIUI Version
Online time
900 Hours
Send PM

Mi ScaleMijia Walkie TalkieMijia Story TellerMijia Smart PTZ CameraMi HomeMi  BunnyMagic CubeMijia Qi CycleMi MIXMi Band 2Mi TV 70Mi BoxFlashholicI Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!Fantastic!4 Million Forum Members300K Forum MembersMIUI Font LoverPuzzle MasterFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI 9Rocket to FutureMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 2017Happy New YearHappy Holi MedalMIUI 50 Million UsersCamera Filter Guru MedalDiwali MIUI 100 Million UsersSuper Thursday3 Million Forum MembersMerry ChristmasSuper MondayHappy Diwali10 Million Forum PostsMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Happy MedalMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMiPopGamer Mi BunnyStar Of TechnologyMi Lover MedalPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI ExpertDie-hard MIUI FanOTA FeedbackScroll Of WisdomAndroid GuruDebate MasterAndroid ElfMIUI Halloween 2017Mr. Dependable2017 Annual AwardsMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI G+ FollowerRingtone ExpertMaster Of TechnologyMIUI Medals CollectorMost Active MIUIerTheme TalentTechnology GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Story TellerUpdates LoverMIUI Follower

13:57, Jan-11-2018 | From PC
|
Cool! Tips Thanks for the share
Always happy to help MIUI User

Please click Reply link below or type my tag @PrinceKaran  to notify me, so you'll get my attention and further assists.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V8.2.4.0.MHRMIDL
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM

Mi HeadphonesXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 8Fantastic!Awesome!3 Million Forum App Installs1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Forum AppMIUI ExpertMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatPioneer of MIUI English Forum Forum Contest Lover

13:57, Jan-11-2018 | From Mi Max 32GB
|
Thanks for sharing.

MIUI Beta Team - Global

Credits
Device
Mi 6
MIUI Version
Online time
40 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMijia Qi CycleMijia Story TellerMi Band 2Mi Bluetooth SpeakerMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!FlashholicI Love MIUI4 Million Forum Members300K Forum MembersMIUI 7th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI 2017MIUI 9Rocket to FutureHappy New YearMIUI Happy MedalSummer Mi BunnyPioneer of MIUI English Forum 2017 Annual AwardsForum Contest LoverMi Lover MedalStar Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid GuruMIUI ExpertMi Story TellerTechnology GuruScroll Of WisdomMIUI FollowerMIUI G+ Follower

13:58, Jan-11-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
Useful thread
I am GEORGIAN

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list