Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
10 Hours
Send PM
18:45, Jan-17-2014 | From PC
|
Thank a lot for this ROM!! Only a Question.. I have  to install your rom only via twrp or it works with cwm?? And in case i want to change again with stable rom.. I can leave twrp and it  will be compatible?!?

MIUI Honorary Moderator

肯尼兔

Credits
Device
Mi 5s
MIUI Version
Online time
1034 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi WiFi Router MiniMi KeyMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power BankAwesome!MIUI 6I Love MIUIRedmi Note 4Mi 3Mi 2Mi 5sRedmi100k Forum MembersMIUI 2017MIUI 50 Million UsersFan Of MIUI RussiaFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI 30 Million UsersMIUI English Forum 201390000 Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersMIUI 4th AnniversaryI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Porting TeamMIUI Device TeamOTA FeedbackMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid GuruListed in Official Download PageUpdates LoverRingtone Star MIUI Community VIPSuper ModeratorMost Active MIUIerRecognized MIUI Porting DevMIUI ExpertStar of MIUI Porting TeamMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Most Popular Porting Developer

Author| 18:59, Jan-17-2014 | From PC
|
agemore replied at 2014-1-17 13:45
Thank a lot for this ROM!! Only a Question.. I have  to install your rom only via twrp or it works w ...

it should work with cwm aslo, but i never tested
and yes, stock rom can be installed via twrp

Supreme Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 1
MIUI Version
Online time
441 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesFantastic!FlashholicI Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 6MIUI 2015MIUI 7Xiaomi Mi 4RedmiMi TVMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI V5 ReviewFan Of MIUI India300K Forum MembersMIUI 4th Anniversary1st Anniversary700K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Fan Of MIUI BangladeshFan Of MIUI UKMIUI Fan From Brazil600K Forum Members500K Forum MembersFan Of  MIUI Azerbaijan2014 ChristmasMIUI 50 Million UsersHilal Ramadan Gamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyAndroid GuruPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerForum Contest LoverOTA FeedbackAndroid ElfDebate MasterHumor MasterMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI Medals CollectorMIUI FB FollowerStar Of Icons

19:23, Jan-17-2014 | From PC
|
Reply GLSF Add Thread

thanks for your reply.

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
10 Hours
Send PM
21:00, Jan-17-2014 | From PC
|
Reply sta-s2z Add Thread

OK!! Ty!!

Credits
Device
Hongmi Red Rice
MIUI Version
Online time
23 Hours
Send PM

Fan Of MIUI UK

00:49, Jan-18-2014 | From PC
|
This post was edited by GLSF 01:24,Jan-18-2014

Reply sta-s2z Add Thread

I was looking into your ROM and the official Hongmi ROM on this site and the stable V5 multi lang rom on the site http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/4-1-10.23291/
There is something I don't understand and can cause problems I think:

If I look in the updater-script I see different devices for example the /system (and others) partition. In your rom you are using /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 and in the other roms is used /dev/block/mmcblk0p3.
I saw that the kernels in boot.img are the same for all 3 roms and in this TWRP. I saw some other recovery's here which have a different kernel.

This can cause problems I think (lost IMEI?) when flashing with the "wrong" recovery.
For example: flashing your rom with this TWRP goes right. But what happens if the other 2 roms are flashed with this TWRP? Or your rom flashed with other recovery's?
I expect problems because of the different devices in the updater script.

Can you explain what is happening and if this can cause indeed problems ?

My intention is not to criticise your ROM or TWRP. You have done a very good job. Also not who is right or wrong. Just for avoiding problems and learning about miui and android

MIUI Honorary Moderator

肯尼兔

Credits
Device
Mi 5s
MIUI Version
Online time
1034 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi WiFi Router MiniMi KeyMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power BankAwesome!MIUI 6I Love MIUIRedmi Note 4Mi 3Mi 2Mi 5sRedmi100k Forum MembersMIUI 2017MIUI 50 Million UsersFan Of MIUI RussiaFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI 30 Million UsersMIUI English Forum 201390000 Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersMIUI 4th AnniversaryI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Porting TeamMIUI Device TeamOTA FeedbackMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid GuruListed in Official Download PageUpdates LoverRingtone Star MIUI Community VIPSuper ModeratorMost Active MIUIerRecognized MIUI Porting DevMIUI ExpertStar of MIUI Porting TeamMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Most Popular Porting Developer

Author| 02:16, Jan-18-2014 | From PC
|
This post was edited by sta-s2z 21:57,Jan-17-2014
GLSF replied at 2014-1-17 19:49
Reply sta-s2z Add Thread

I was looking into your ROM and the official Hongmi ROM on this site and t ...

Yes, i know what are you talking about. Will try to explain.

In stock recovery /system partition is mounted to mmcblk0p3 (p5 for data), but in custom recoveries it mounted using stock kernel links emmc@android to p5 and emmc@data to p7. And p3 is a Protect_S partition marked NODL in hongmi scatter. So seems like the stock recovery uses a bit other kernel with different names for devices.

And your question was what will happen if you will install the rom with p3 in script?
I can answer you as i made some test.
With TWRP recovery u can EASILY install stock rom (or miuiandroid and other mods of stock with stock update-script) without any damage to your HW.
I don't know exactly why it can be done successfully, maybe twrp replace block device name used in script to actual one or use scatter.txt in rom image, but i successfully installed stock rom and two mods of it with the same updater script using twrp. Also i can install any mod rom (with mmcblk0p5 or emmc@android in script).

Credits
Device
Redmi
MIUI Version
Online time
46 Hours
Send PM
02:33, Jan-18-2014 | From PC
|
Can i flash only the twrp

Comment

sta-s2z Sure you can.  02:56, Jan-18-2014

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V7.5.4.0.MALMIDE
Online time
27 Hours
Send PM
02:51, Jan-18-2014 | From PC
|
Love this rom, great work!! Waiting for further releases

Credits
Device
Hongmi Red Rice
MIUI Version
Online time
23 Hours
Send PM

Fan Of MIUI UK

03:04, Jan-18-2014 | From PC
|
Reply sta-s2z Add Thread

The stock rom you tested was miui_HM2W_JHBCNAL5.0_8197122014_4.2.zip from this site I assume.
For your rom and stock rom the scatter.txt is the same, so that cannot be the explanation.

I also see the update-binary is different in your rom and stock rom. Maybe this is changing it.
I will take a look at the source. Otherwise TWRP indeed.
It is still a little bit strange if you tell to format mmcblk0p5 that it will format mmcblk0p3.
Will be interesting to show partitions when in recovery.

Hopefully the other recovery's will do the same

MIUI Honorary Moderator

肯尼兔

Credits
Device
Mi 5s
MIUI Version
Online time
1034 Hours
Send PM

Author| 03:26, Jan-18-2014 | From PC
|
GLSF replied at 2014-1-17 22:04
Reply sta-s2z Add Thread

The stock rom you tested was miui_HM2W_JHBCNAL5.0_8197122014_4.2.zip from  ...

scatter is a file with lowlevel PMT table, so it cant be different for one device
and as i said in twrp and cwm mmcblk0p5 is a system (as it defined in hongmi kernel by emmc@android symlink) but seems like another kernel image is used in stock recovery

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list