[ Promote]
8371 6 |
17:02, Dec-11-2012 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by mi-anonymous 11:09,Dec-12-2012

Hey there,

Time and time again, we come across the unforunate that buy fake Xiaomi phones.  Examples here:
http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1122&highlight=fake%2Bxiaomi
http://en.miui.com/thread-485-1-1.html

It isn't even easy buying one (whether you are in China or not), but be mindful of the buyers you come into contact on online!  Like this website:
http://mi-2.me/shop/index.php?route=common/home

They actually look like a real xiaomi website, but from what I know, they are not affiliated with Xiaomi at all .  :L Esp when they only require a bank wire, that is doubtful.

I have known people who have successfully bought one online via:
aliexpress, ebay, taobao and other online sites.  

Just make sure you talk to the buyer and do your research when buying online!!! Be a cautious consumer!!!

Anyway, that is my 2 cents. Good luck to all who are in search for one {:1_1:}

Favorite Share

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

MishFdM + 2 Agreed!

Experience +2  View Rating Log

MIUI Fan Site

Credits
Device
Mi 8
Online time
424 Hours
Send PM

Mi TV 70Mi Power BankMIUI 2015MIUI 2016FlashholicAwesome!MIUI 7I Love MIUIMIUI 6Fantastic!MIUI 8Mi 3MIUI English Forum 2013Fan Of MIUI ItalyMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI 30 Million UsersMIUI Happy MedalMIUI 3rd AnniversaryMIUI 20 Million Users90000 Forum Members100k Forum MembersMerry ChristmasFan Of MIUI Bangladesh1500K Forum Members2014 ChristmasThanksgiving DayMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI 7th AnniversaryHappy Valentine's DayI Love Mi BunnyDie-hard MIUI FanTechnology GuruOTA FeedbackSuper ModeratorUpdates LoverMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI FollowerMIUI FB FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum

18:14, Dec-11-2012 | From PC
|
Yea, if you decide to buy Xioami smartphones from other shops please BE VERY CAREFUL There are a lot of fakes and clones out there. As soon as Xiaomi will open to international markets the problem will be fixed {:1_1:}
MIUI Italy (Miui.it & Xiaomifans.it) | Founder & Admin
MIUIAndroid.com | Staff
MiTalk: 3912883

Platinum Member

Translator

Credits
Device
Mi Note 2
Online time
209 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!I Love MIUIRedmiMi 2100k Forum MembersFan Of MIUI FranceMIUI English Forum 201390000 Forum MembersMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI 30 Million UsersI Love Mi BunnyPioneer of MIUI English Forum OTA Feedback

18:25, Dec-11-2012 | From PC
|
The question is : "When Xiaomi will decide to open international market ?"
Miui-France | Staff
(Crespo & Maguro translator)

Sorry for my english...

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
MI-ONE
Online time
88 Hours
Send PM
21:48, Dec-11-2012 | From PC
|
This post was edited by Eddie69 21:50,Dec-11-2012

sadly, chinese people would get cheated on taobao as well, or even in some stores..

some of them dont do enough research before buying it, they just heard xiaomi is a cheap and good phone then they decide to buy it, found out its crap and thats when they start researching only to find that what they bought is.. fake!

usually those are the same ones that give bad propaganda saying the phone is shitty, buggy, slow, crappy in general, not worth it go buy S3 or iphone 5 people
Evil Donald Duck

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
MI-ONE
Online time
44 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 11:20, Dec-12-2012 | From PC
|
This post was edited by mi-anonymous 11:32,Dec-12-2012

Hopefully this thread will shed some light to those that want to buy a Xiaomi and not those that have already bought it and get ripped off...

The fake ones look identical (on the exterior).  However, the hardware and software are all complete fake and bad quality.

I know there is a risk of it being fake weather you buy it on taobao, ebay etc. so make sure make sure you talk to the buyer. If they sound shaddy, than they probably are.

Like Eddie69 mentions, another way to tell is if they are selling it for way to cheap:

For example, like the website I mentioned earlier (http://mi-2.me/shop/index.php?route=common/home).  They are selling Xiaomi Mi 2 for 100 Euros because of "Christmas Discount".  That is way too cheap for it to be real.

The site also says, they are selling the Xiaomi Mi-Box...even Xiaomi themselves cannot sell that at the moment do to the regulatory issue.  So beware!!!

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 5/Pro
Online time
71 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power BankMijia Smart ShoesMi T-ShirtMi WiFi RouterAwesome!MIUI 8MIUI 7Fantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 2015Redmi Note 2Happy Valentine's Day1 Million Forum MembersThanksgiving DayMIUI Fan from India800K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Marathon MedalI Love 2016Mid-Autumn FestivalMIUI S1800K Forum MembersMIUI Forum App1900K Forum Members1700K Forum Members1 Million Forum App InstallsMiPopI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMi TalentApp TalentTechnology GuruForum Contest Lover13 Million Forum MembersPOCO F1Die-hard MIUI FanStar Of TechnologyMIUI FB FollowerMIUI KingMi Lover MedalAndroid ElfMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz

14:38, Dec-06-2014 | From PC
|
Thank you. However, what is the official xiaomi online store address?
Kindly use the reply button below for prompt notification.

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
276 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi Power Bank 10000MAH Unlock MedalMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi Power BankMi HeadphonesMi Band 2Mi T-ShirtMi WiFi RouterMi In-Ear HeadphonesYeelight Bedside LampMi VR HeadsetMi  BunnyMIUI 6FlashholicMIUI 7MIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIMIUI 2015MIUI 2016MIUI 8Fantastic!Awesome!Redmi Note 2Mi Note ProRedmi 2Mi 3Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi 1SMi TVMi 4i700K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 7th AnniversaryHappy New YearThanksgiving Day800K Forum Members900K Forum MembersMIUI 5th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI BangladeshFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 4th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI IndiaFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu 2014 ChristmasHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan from India600K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th Anniversary500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From BrazilHilal Ramadan 1 Million Forum MembersFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI Fan From VietnamFan Of MIUI Russia1800K Forum MembersHappy DiwaliUEFA EURO MedalPokemon Master MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryMi Live Medal1500K Forum MembersMid-Autumn Festival1400K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaOlympics MedalMIUI World TourDiwali I Love 2016MIUI Fan from TurkeyXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Forum AppFan Of MIUI ItalyRooster Year of 20171 Million Forum App Installs1900K Forum MembersSuper FridaySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI FB FollowerMaster Of TechnologyForum Contest LoverMIUI KingMIUI ExpertStar Of TechnologyOTA FeedbackMIUI FollowerYouth PledgePioneer of MIUI English Forum Android ElfHumor MasterInbox ZeroMIUI G+ FollowerMi Bunny Game Master Mi Story TellerWallpaper ExpertRingtone Star Die-hard MIUI FanMi Lover MedalScroll Of WisdomDebate MasterAndroid GuruJuly 19 MyanmarMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi TalentStar Of IconsMIUI Twitter FollowerTechnology Guru

14:41, Dec-06-2014 | From PC
|
Thanks for information shared..
If you can't do great things, do small things in a great way.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list