Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi Note Pro
Online time
180 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power BankMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi WiFi RouterMi BandMIUI 7Awesome!MIUI 6Mi 4iRedmi Note 2Mi Note ProMi 4cRedmi ProMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From SingaporeHilal Ramadan 700K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan From Indonesia900K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from India800K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamDebate MasterForum Contest LoverMi TalentDie-hard MIUI FanHumor MasterScroll Of WisdomMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Medals Collector

[Tools, Tips & Tutorials] [Note Pro] Gain Root Access v3 (3 Methods!)

[ Promote]
26266 372 |
05:26, Jun-23-2015 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by Kahun at 18:18, Sep-28-2015

Hello people,

This is for Mi Note Pro (leo)
Disclaimer:
I'm not responsible for any devices being bricked, your device blowing up or world war 3 starting! You are doing this at your own risk.

A lot of people ask how to gain root on the Mi Note Pro without actually searching the posts so I decided to make a quick tutorial on how to do it. This is the way I have done it and I have found it to be the easiest way! :)

1st Method (THE EASIEST AND SAFEST!)

1. Go to http://en.miui.com/download-273.html and download the Developer ROM

2. If you have downloaded the file through your phone it will be in the Download folder, if not plug your phone into the PC and move the .zip file over to your device.

3. Open Updater app, tap on 3 dots to open the menu and tap on Choose update package

4. Navigate to where you have put in the zip file and click on it and let the phone update. (This will wipe all your data apart from pictures etc.)

5. Once it has loaded go through the setup. Open Security app > Permissions > Root Access.. There you are all done :)  
Make sure you open an app that requires root access first before going to Security app as it will not show up on there.

2nd Method (Advanced Users!)(Temporary TWRP Recovery)

Requirements:
fastboot driver (Link attached)
  Please reply to view this thread.

common sense
mi note pro!

1. First of all download all the things you need. Which are fastboot driver, twrp and supersu. All links are above ^ Copy SuperSu over to your device and keep other files on your PC
2. Power off your device and turn it back on by holding Power button and Volume Down at the same time. This will get you into fastboot menu.
3. Woohoo great now what you will have to do is plug your phone to your PC using a usb cable.
4. Open up the Command Promt and navigate to the location of your fastboot driver. Mine is C:/adb so I would type cd C:/adb in the command promt
5. Now type in fastboot devices just to make sure that your device is listed correctly.
6. Extract the TWRP zip so you have just the .img file. Place it inside same folder as fastboot. I tend to rename it to twrp.img (makes lifes easier)
7. Type fastboot boot twrp.img
8. Now your phone should boot into TWRP!! :D Go to install and flash the SuperSU zip.
9. Reboot and you are all rooted with Stock Recovery and Stable ROM!  

3rd Method (Advanced Users!)(Permanent TWRP Recovery)

Requirements:
fastboot driver (Link attached)
  Please reply to view this thread.

common sense
mi note pro!

1. First of all download all the things you need. Which are fastboot driver, twrp and supersu. All links are above ^ Copy SuperSu over to your device and keep other files on your PC
2. Power off your device and turn it back on by holding Power button and Volume Down at the same time. This will get you into fastboot menu.
3.Woohoo great now what you will have to do is plug your phone to your PC using a usb cable.
4. Open up the Command Promt and navigate to the location of your fastboot driver. Mine is C:/adb so I would type cd C:/adb in the command promt
5. Now type in fastboot devices just to make sure that your device is listed correctly.
6. Extract the TWRP zip so you have just the .img file. Place it inside same folder as fastboot. I tend to rename it to twrp.img (makes lifes easier)
7. Type fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
8. Now your phone should boot into TWRP!! :D Go to install and flash the SuperSU zip.
9. Reboot and you are all rooted with TWRP recovery, the only problem is that your OTA updates will break. You can flash them manually, when Updater downloads an update go into TWRP>Install and navigate to downloaded_rom folder

In case you need to go back to stock Recovery because you have flashed TWRP Permanently please follow instructions on this thread.http://en.miui.com/thread-124319-1-1.html

fastboot.rar

90.53 KB, Downloads: 365, Download cost : Experience -1

Favorite15 Share

Rated by 17 people   Experience Reason  

1596225176 + 1 Thanks!
TTQQ45 + 1 Thanks!
Kast0r + 1 Great!
a3999jose + 5 Great!
i.a.yadov + 1 Thanks!
Ognius + 1 Thanks!
precic + 1 Great!
nik2670 + 1 Thanks!
Dasari5 + 1 Thanks!
GR33dyBlackie + 10 Awesome!
magullo + 2 Awesome!
Sarvesvara.BVKS + 10 Awesome!
krisyap90 + 1 Fantastic!
ThawThaw + 10 Thanks!
Messi89Minou + 1 Thanks!
sameer_farms + 10 Thanks!
Dezzmond + 10 Thanks!

Experience +67  View Rating Log

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi Note Pro
Online time
180 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power BankMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi WiFi RouterMi BandMIUI 7Awesome!MIUI 6Mi 4iRedmi Note 2Mi Note ProMi 4cRedmi ProMIUI 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From SingaporeHilal Ramadan 700K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan From Indonesia900K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from India800K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamDebate MasterForum Contest LoverMi TalentDie-hard MIUI FanHumor MasterScroll Of WisdomMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI Medals Collector

Author| 17:51, Sep-28-2015 | Via mobile
|
BoardDWorld replied at 2015-9-28 11:04
Hello, the twrp.img file has been removed from the MEGA link. IS this on purpose, will it be fixed ...

Hi there,

Thanks for taking notice i will re-upload the file in about 30 minutes

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Mi Note Pro
Online time
45 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!Diwali Happy New YearMi Lover Medal

01:03, Jul-09-2015 | Via mobile
|
OTA update still working after root by method 2?

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Mi Note Pro
Online time
45 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!Diwali Happy New YearMi Lover Medal

08:45, Jul-01-2015 | From PC
|
thank you so much

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
Mi 8
Online time
508 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi BoxMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi KeyFlashholicAwesome!MIUI 7I Love MIUIMIUI 6MIUI 2016MIUI 2015Fantastic!Redmi 1SXiaomi Mi 4RedmiMi TVMi PadRedmi NoteMi 3Mi Note ProMi NoteMi 4iRedmi Note 2Redmi 2Mi 4cMIUI Fan from India800K Forum Members1st Anniversary600K Forum MembersHilal Ramadan 500K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan of MIUI MyanmarMIUI 50 Million Users900K Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan From BrazilMerry ChristmasFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI 4th Anniversary300K Forum MembersHappy Singles' DayFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanAtaturk MourningHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 100 Million UsersHappy New YearDiwali Thanksgiving Day2014 ChristmasFan Of MIUI BangladeshHappy Diwali700K Forum MembersGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI Beta team - IndiaMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Beta Team VIPInbox ZeroYouth PledgeAndroid ElfMIUI Medals CollectorUpdates LoverScroll Of WisdomForum Contest LoverDebate MasterDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Humor MasterMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI FB FollowerStar Of IconsStar Bug FinderMost Active MIUIerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi TalentRedmi Note 3 ExplorerMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI G+ FollowerAndroid Guru

15:45, Jul-02-2015 | From PC
|
Nice thread, and also don't forget to add the point that, to open the app you need root access first before going to security, else it will not appear in the root access list.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi Note Pro
Online time
180 Hours
Send PM

Author| 21:42, Jul-02-2015 | From PC
|
Dezzmond replied at 2015-7-2 15:45
Nice thread, and also don't forget to add the point that, to open the app you need root access first ...

Yes forgot to add that. I find that really annoying can't xiaomi make it same as SuperSU so it pops up with a window?

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
Redmi 1S
Online time
1051 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi T-ShirtMIUI 7Awesome!MIUI 2015Fantastic!I Love MIUIRedmi NoteXiaomi Mi 4Mi 3RedmiMi Note ProRedmi 2MIUI Fan From IndonesiaHappy New YearMIUI 100 Million UsersHappy Valentine's DayFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanFan Of MIUI Bangladesh300K Forum MembersMIUI 50 Million UsersFan Of MIUI India2014 Christmas1400K Forum MembersXiaomi 6th Anniversary500K Forum MembersThanksgiving Day700K Forum MembersMIUI 5th Anniversary800K Forum Members1 Million Forum Members900K Forum MembersHilal Ramadan Xiaomi 5th Anniversary600K Forum MembersDiwali MIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from IndiaSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta team - IndiaAndroid GuruMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Translation ContributorHumor MasterRedmi Note 3 ExplorerMi TalentMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI FollowerForum Contest LoverDie-hard MIUI Fan

02:16, Jul-03-2015 | From PC
|
A lot of people ask how to gain root on the Mi Note Pro without actually searching the posts so I decided to make a quick tutorial on how to do it.
What if people again ask the same question how to root Mi note Pro ?? without searching for this post
Believe In Your Self

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi Note Pro
Online time
180 Hours
Send PM

Author| 02:47, Jul-03-2015 | From PC
|
sameer_farms replied at 2015-7-3 02:16
What if people again ask the same question how to root Mi note Pro ?? without searching for this po ...

Make a sticky then ;) I will improve this one cos I done it quickly and also add 2nd method to root

Comment

sameer_farms Already updated in FAQ :)  03:54, Jul-03-2015

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi Note Pro
Online time
180 Hours
Send PM

Author| 21:04, Jul-06-2015 | From PC
|
Updated with a second method.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi Note
Online time
21 Hours
Send PM
21:43, Jul-06-2015 | From PC
|
with supersu, do we still need to turn on individual apps access in Security Permissions?
Or just SuperSu will do?

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi Note Pro
Online time
180 Hours
Send PM

Author| 21:54, Jul-06-2015 | From PC
|
xenocide976 replied at 2015-7-6 21:43
with supersu, do we still need to turn on individual apps access in Security Permissions?
Or just Su ...

As you will be running Stable ROM not Developer ROM it will be just SuperSU handling all the permissions.

Credits
Device
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
23:12, Jul-07-2015 | From PC
|
This post was edited by Saizgz at 23:15, Jul-07-2015

Hi guys. I have an small problem, and I hope you don't mind helping me.
i´m trying to root my device through the Developer Rom.
I enter the updater, select the rom, the device auto-reboot into the recovery and starts updating.
The problem arrives when the process is at ~42%. There it jumps to 100% and I receive a error message.
It reads that "signature verificacion failure".
I downloaded the rom from the link you posted and have tried it 2 times.
1st: Downloading in the phone => failure
2nd: Downloading in pc and moving it to the phone => failure again.
May be you know why do I have those problems?
Thanks and regards!!
P.D. That aside, I don´t have any other problem with my device.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list