Device
Mi 4
MIUI Version
V8.1.7.0.MBFMIDI
Online time
22 Hours
Send PM

MIUI FB FollowerForum Contest Lover

[Q & A] Xiaomi Yi Ants Smart Camera -> How to set the time zone ?

[ Promote]
22764 58 |
20:43, Jun-19-2015
| |
|
Go to reply no.
Hello,

How to change the time zone on the smart security camera ?
On the top left ,there is always the Beijing time

Thanks
Favorite3 Share

Credits
Device
Mi 4
MIUI Version
V8.1.7.0.MBFMIDI
Online time
22 Hours
Send PM

Author| 23:16, Jun-22-2015
|
Any idea ?

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
00:25, Jun-29-2015
|
I also wish to know how to do this?

Super moderator

Happy to Help!! **

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
MIUI Version
Online time
2478 Hours
Send PM

Mi Selfie StickYeelight Bedside LampMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi HeadphonesMi Yi CameraMi Bluetooth SpeakerMagic CubeMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi WiFiMi Air PurifierMi USB FanMi Power StripMi Water PurifierMi TV 70Mijia Story TellerMi MIXMi T-ShirtMi  BunnyMi BandMi WiFi RouterMi Band 2Mi VR HeadsetMijia Electric ScooterUnlock MedalMi HomeMi Power BankMi KeyMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi WiFi Router MiniXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8Awesome!MarshmallowMIUI 2015MIUI 2016FlashholicFantastic!MIUI 6I Love MIUIMIUI 7MIUI Devices ContestAnTuTuMi 4iMi 4cRedmi 2Redmi Note 2Redmi 1SRedmi NoteMi PadMi TVXiaomi Mi 4Mi Note ProRedmi 3SMi MIXRedmi Note 4MIUI Fan From Brazil1900K Forum MembersMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI GreeceFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan from MalaysiaFan of MIUI Myanmar1800K Forum MembersMIUI 300 Weeks1500K Forum MembersPokemon Master MedalMIUI Fan From MyanmarMIUI 6th AnniversaryMi Live MedalOlympics MedalMIUI Forum AppMIUI Fan From PhilippinesHilal Ramadan 600K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million UsersMalaysia AnniversaryMIUI 5th Anniversary900K Forum Members800K Forum Members700K Forum MembersHappy New YearHappy Valentine's DayMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI Fan from India1400K Forum MembersHappy DiwaliDiwali Fan Of MIUI BangladeshThanksgiving DayMerry Christmas5 Million Forum PostsMIUI Happy MedalXiaomi 6th AnniversarySuper TuesdayFan Of MIUI Russia5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Font LoverSuper SaturdayHappy Holi MedalSuper ThursdaySuper MondayPuzzle MasterSurge S1Singapore Merlion MedalWomen's Day MedalSuper Wednesday3 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsSuper SundayFan Of MIUI PolandRingolicious MedalUEFA EURO Medal1 Million Forum MembersI Love 2016Super Friday1300K Forum MembersMIUI Marathon Medal2100K Forum MembersMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Weekly PollRocket to FutureMIUI 2017Rooster Year of 20171 Million Forum App InstallsMiPopI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMIUI Translation ContributorMaster Of TechnologyStar Of TechnologySuper ModeratorTechnology GuruWallpaper StarWallpaper ExpertMi Bunny Game Master Star Of IconsPioneer of MIUI English Forum Ringtone Star App StarMIUI KingMIUI ExpertApp TalentOTA FeedbackMi Lover MedalDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI FollowerForum Contest LoverScroll Of WisdomRedmi Quiz MasterMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI G+ FollowerMi TalentAndroid ElfMIUI FB FollowerYouth PledgeUpdates LoverAndroid GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMr. DependableStar Of MIUI Device TeamMIUI Photography GuruDebate MasterHumor MasterMi Story Teller

09:55, Jun-29-2015
|
I telnetted into the camera (username: root / password: 1234qwer)

Code:
cd /homemv
ntpdate ntpdate.orig
touch ntpdate
chmod 755 ntpdate
date -s "2015-06-02 22:00"

The commands above disable to program that tries to set the date from the internet, and then you can set the date manually to the current date/time. Hope this helps.

Rated by 2 people   Experience Reason  

hom75 + 1 Fantastic!
ingbrzy + 5 Awesome!

Experience +6  View Rating Log

Credits
Device
Mi 4
MIUI Version
V8.1.7.0.MBFMIDI
Online time
22 Hours
Send PM

Author| 16:33, Jun-29-2015
|
Wow thanks you very VERY much :-)

Comment

sokpinter Hey buddy, please Do update about your problem got solved or not.  03:43, Jun-30-2015

Credits
Device
Mi 4
MIUI Version
V8.1.7.0.MBFMIDI
Online time
22 Hours
Send PM

Author| 16:20, Jun-30-2015
|
Hello,

Unfortunately I don't have telnet open port on the camera :(
MacBook-Pro-BL:~ bledieu$ telnet 192.168.1.128
Trying 192.168.1.128...
telnet: connect to address 192.168.1.128: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host
MacBook-Pro-BL:~ bledieu$ telnet
telnet> opne
?Invalid command
telnet> open
(to) 192.168.1.128
Trying 192.168.1.128...
telnet: connect to address 192.168.1.128: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host
telnet>

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
9 Hours
Send PM
16:33, Jun-30-2015
|
Asking here as well, then hope someone who is using the cam can help :

Help needed from you experts.

Finally got my hands on this lovely 720p Yi Small Ants camera.
I downloaded the 1.7.0_20150625_26.apk , installed and found out its COMPLETELY in Chines, no English, no auto language recognization as
I had hoped and read somewhere.  (my local time was however correctly set and discovered)
With some online tutorial I have connected my camera in just 1 minute and it works.   BUT this app bugs me.   EVERYTHING is in Chinese.
I can not even set up the camera, resolution, features etc.

Is there a downloadable app *apk* that speaks English?  I can not read Chinese.
Everything is now set as default as I could not toy around with the Chinese menus...   Is there any other app that support this Yi cam and is in English?
I heard some Smart Home app or so does....   Anyone?

Secondly : I have checked my cam feed from my mobile phone and at home I have a 30Mbit VDSL connection, on my mobile a pretty fast mobile data package.   Still when there was motion on the picture it was laggy , slow and I could not understand my wife talking to me, and she said the same when I tried to talk there was bad quality of noises and mumbling.   Is there any set up for this ? ?

Thirdly : Can I install somehow the app on my wifes phone ?  How do I do that?   How do I connect to cam again?
I know we can not watch the feed at the same time together on two phones, but seperately I guess we could....

Please help me out, I want to get the most out of this nice cam !

Credits
Device
Mi 4
MIUI Version
V8.1.7.0.MBFMIDI
Online time
22 Hours
Send PM

Author| 17:19, Jun-30-2015
|
You Can use this app in english (the page is in Chinese but you can download the app)
http://app.mi.com/detail/75646
It works fine in UK langage

I don't have any bandwidth problem there. And for your 3rd question, the camera is linked to you mi.com account. If you log into your account from another phone, you'll see the camera again

Credits
Device
Mi 4
MIUI Version
V8.1.7.0.MBFMIDI
Online time
22 Hours
Send PM

Author| 21:45, Jun-30-2015
|
Hello,

Why my post is marked "Answered" ? The reply doesn't work, the telnet port is not open on the camera ?

Thanks

Credits
Device
Mi 4
MIUI Version
V8.1.7.0.MBFMIDI
Online time
22 Hours
Send PM

Author| 00:13, Jul-03-2015
|