Device
Mi 4
MIUI Version
V8.2.1.0.MBFMIDL
Online time
23 Hours
Send PM

MIUI FB FollowerForum Contest Lover

[Q & A] Xiaomi Yi Ants Smart Camera -> How to set the time zone ?

[ Promote]
25088 59 |
20:43, Jun-19-2015 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
Hello,

How to change the time zone on the smart security camera ?
On the top left ,there is always the Beijing time

Thanks
Favorite5 Share

Credits
Device
Mi 4
MIUI Version
V8.2.1.0.MBFMIDL
Online time
23 Hours
Send PM

Author| 23:16, Jun-22-2015 | From PC
|
Any idea ?

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
00:25, Jun-29-2015 | From PC
|
I also wish to know how to do this?

Super moderator

Happy to Help!! **

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
MIUI Version
Online time
2734 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power StripMi MIXMi Water PurifierMi VR HeadsetMi HeadphonesMi WiFiMijia Mi Bunny RobotMagic CubeMi Yi CameraMi Selfie StickMi T-ShirtMi TV 70Mijia Story TellerMi WiFi Router MiniMi Power BankUnlock MedalMi HomeMi Band 2Mi WiFi RouterMi BandMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi Air PurifierMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi KeyMi In-Ear HeadphonesMijia VR Play 2Ninebot MiniMi USB FanMi  BunnyXiaomi 6 LaunchMijia Electric ScooterYeelight Bedside LampMi VRXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAnTuTuMIUI 2016I Love MIUIMarshmallowMIUI 8MIUI 6Fantastic!MIUI 2015FlashholicMIUI 7Awesome!MIUI Devices ContestRedmi 2Mi 4iMi 4cMi Note ProRedmi Note 2Redmi 1SRedmi 3SRedmi NoteMi TVXiaomi Mi 4Redmi Note 4Mi PadMi MIX1500K Forum MembersPokemon Master MedalMIUI Fan From MyanmarMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Forum AppMIUI 300 WeeksOlympics Medal1400K Forum MembersMi Live MedalUEFA EURO Medal700K Forum Members300K Forum Members800K Forum MembersMIUI 5th AnniversaryMalaysia Anniversary5 Million Forum Posts1300K Forum Members1800K Forum MembersMIUI World TourThanksgiving DayDiwali Happy DiwaliFan Of MIUI BangladeshHappy Valentine's DayXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million UsersHappy New YearMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI Fan from IndiaFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI Fan From Brazil1900K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan from MalaysiaHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Fan From SingaporeFan of MIUI Myanmar1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Happy MedalMerry Christmas100k Forum MembersSuper TuesdaySuper FridaySurge S1Super SaturdaySingapore Merlion Medal90000 Forum MembersFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI Weekly PollRingolicious Medal3500K Forum MembersHappy Holi MedalFan Of MIUI Poland900K Forum Members5 Million Forum App InstallsPuzzle MasterSuper ThursdayRocket to FutureMIUI Font LoverSuper SundayMIUI 9Rooster Year of 2017Xiaomi 6th Anniversary1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 2017I Love 2016MIUI Lucky Friday10 Million Forum PostsSuper WednesdayWomen's Day Medal3 Million Forum MembersSuper Monday2100K Forum MembersMIUI Marathon Medal600K Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnyMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewMIUI Device TeamForum Contest LoverStar Of TechnologySuper ModeratorPioneer of MIUI English Forum Ringtone Star Master Of TechnologyTechnology GuruMi Bunny Game Master Star Of IconsWallpaper StarMi Lover MedalDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI SuperstarTheme TalentMost Active MIUIerMIUI ExpertMIUI KingOTA FeedbackApp TalentApp StarWallpaper ExpertMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Twitter FollowerScroll Of WisdomRedmi Quiz MasterMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Translation ContributorMi TalentAndroid ElfYouth PledgeUpdates LoverMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMr. DependableMIUI FollowerAndroid GuruStar Of MIUI Device TeamDebate MasterHumor MasterMIUI Photography GuruMi Story Teller

09:55, Jun-29-2015 | From PC
|
I telnetted into the camera (username: root / password: 1234qwer)

Code:
cd /homemv
ntpdate ntpdate.orig
touch ntpdate
chmod 755 ntpdate
date -s "2015-06-02 22:00"

The commands above disable to program that tries to set the date from the internet, and then you can set the date manually to the current date/time. Hope this helps.

Rated by 2 people   Experience Reason  

hom75 + 1 Fantastic!
ingbrzy + 5 Awesome!

Experience +6  View Rating Log

Credits
Device
Mi 4
MIUI Version
V8.2.1.0.MBFMIDL
Online time
23 Hours
Send PM

Author| 16:33, Jun-29-2015 | From PC
|
Wow thanks you very VERY much :-)

Comment

sokpinter Hey buddy, please Do update about your problem got solved or not.  03:43, Jun-30-2015

Credits
Device
Mi 4
MIUI Version
V8.2.1.0.MBFMIDL
Online time
23 Hours
Send PM

Author| 16:20, Jun-30-2015 | From PC
|
Hello,

Unfortunately I don't have telnet open port on the camera :(
MacBook-Pro-BL:~ bledieu$ telnet 192.168.1.128
Trying 192.168.1.128...
telnet: connect to address 192.168.1.128: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host
MacBook-Pro-BL:~ bledieu$ telnet
telnet> opne
?Invalid command
telnet> open
(to) 192.168.1.128
Trying 192.168.1.128...
telnet: connect to address 192.168.1.128: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host
telnet>

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
9 Hours
Send PM
16:33, Jun-30-2015 | From PC
|
Asking here as well, then hope someone who is using the cam can help :

Help needed from you experts.

Finally got my hands on this lovely 720p Yi Small Ants camera.
I downloaded the 1.7.0_20150625_26.apk , installed and found out its COMPLETELY in Chines, no English, no auto language recognization as
I had hoped and read somewhere.  (my local time was however correctly set and discovered)
With some online tutorial I have connected my camera in just 1 minute and it works.   BUT this app bugs me.   EVERYTHING is in Chinese.
I can not even set up the camera, resolution, features etc.

Is there a downloadable app *apk* that speaks English?  I can not read Chinese.
Everything is now set as default as I could not toy around with the Chinese menus...   Is there any other app that support this Yi cam and is in English?
I heard some Smart Home app or so does....   Anyone?

Secondly : I have checked my cam feed from my mobile phone and at home I have a 30Mbit VDSL connection, on my mobile a pretty fast mobile data package.   Still when there was motion on the picture it was laggy , slow and I could not understand my wife talking to me, and she said the same when I tried to talk there was bad quality of noises and mumbling.   Is there any set up for this ? ?

Thirdly : Can I install somehow the app on my wifes phone ?  How do I do that?   How do I connect to cam again?
I know we can not watch the feed at the same time together on two phones, but seperately I guess we could....

Please help me out, I want to get the most out of this nice cam !

Credits
Device
Mi 4
MIUI Version
V8.2.1.0.MBFMIDL
Online time
23 Hours
Send PM

Author| 17:19, Jun-30-2015 | From PC
|
You Can use this app in english (the page is in Chinese but you can download the app)
http://app.mi.com/detail/75646
It works fine in UK langage

I don't have any bandwidth problem there. And for your 3rd question, the camera is linked to you mi.com account. If you log into your account from another phone, you'll see the camera again

Credits
Device
Mi 4
MIUI Version
V8.2.1.0.MBFMIDL
Online time
23 Hours
Send PM

Author| 21:45, Jun-30-2015 | From PC
|
Hello,

Why my post is marked "Answered" ? The reply doesn't work, the telnet port is not open on the camera ?

Thanks

Credits
Device
Mi 4
MIUI Version
V8.2.1.0.MBFMIDL
Online time
23 Hours
Send PM

Author| 00:13, Jul-03-2015 | From PC
|