Administrator

Flashing

Credits
Device
Mi 5X
Online time
6189 Hours
Send PM

Mi MIXMi HomeAwesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 2016Fantastic!MIUI Devices ContestMi TVMIUI 50 Million UsersThanksgiving DayDiwali MIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 3rd Anniversary2014 ChristmasMIUI Fan From SingaporeFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI 4th Anniversary1800K Forum MembersSuper SundayMIUI Fan From Nepal90000 Forum MembersMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Forum AppI Love Mi Bunny2017 Annual AwardsMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatOTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum Die-hard MIUI Fan

[Guide] New MIUI Theme Policy - Effective on January 1st, 2014

[ Promote]
154571 643 |
14:44, Dec-06-2013 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
Hey MIUIers,

As more and more themes become developed for MIUI, we need to further ensure the copyrights of the designers to continue an environment conducive to both MIUI and the designers. MIUI has decided to change some of the theme policies to protect the designer's design and instigate more quality themes.

Please note, as of January 1st, 2014, the following policy will be fully enforced: All MIUI themes and the components, in mtz file format, will need to be uploaded onto the MIUI Themes Store via designer.xiaomi.com. Any MIUI theme and theme components (i.e. download from forums, websites or other sources) that does not get uploaded into the MIUI Themes Store, can no longer be applied onto the MIUI ROM. To specify, components in an mtz file format can include:

-       Theme
-       Lockscreen
-       Icon
-       Font
-       Boot animation

If you are a designer and have current themes you want to share after January 1st, 2014, please sign up for a designer.xiaomi.com account and upload your themes to MIUI Themes Store.

MIUI is allowing about 1 month transition period (from now to January 1st, 2014) for designers to setup this account and upload MIUI themes to designer.xiaomi.com.

Sorry for the inconvienced caused! Going forward hopefully this well help resolve our issues with designer copyrights and allow more designers to create quality themes!

Some things you might want to know

1. Sharing your themes: Can I share my themes on the forums or websites in the future?
Designers are free to continue to share their themes on the forums or websites they choose as long as they upload their designs to designer.xiaomi.com. For the the themes you’ve already shared on the forum, please upload them to designer.xiaomi.com as well. After the review of MIUI Themes Team, your themes will be available in MIUI Themes Store. We are initializing this procedure to protect designer’s design and copyright issues.

2. How about tweaking or slightly modifying themes for personal use?
Tweaking or slight modifications to existing themes for personal use (e.g. changing icons etc.) are also allowed as long as you register a designer account at designer.xiaomi.com. You can act as a designer and tweak as you please without uploading to the public.

What if you want to share your theme with your family and friends? No worries, each designer can have 10 beta team members, which means a designer can share his theme with 10 people without uploading it to MIUI Themes Store. The first 10 people who import the designer’s theme get the permission to use this theme for free. Please note that the phone of beta team members must be connected to WiFi whiling importing the theme.

However, if you want to share it to more users, designers will then need to upload the theme to the public. This is done so again to protect designer’s copyright. It is to ensure that the copyrights of existing themes are not abused. For example, if the tweaked theme was unintentionally released to the public (I pass it to a friend because he liked the theme and he pass its on etc), it would discredit the original designer.

3. Previewing themes: How can I preview my theme?
Designers are allowed to preview their themes without uploading and posting it publicly. To preview, designers must setup an account in designer.xiaomi.com and then can preview their themes privately.

4. MIUI Theme Editor
MIUI Theme Editor acts as an alternative tool to what other tools designers are using. Theme Editor is not mandatory. It is a tool to further enhance the designer as it simplifies steps and procedures and feed themes to your phone in a much simpler method.

Related threads:
MIUI Theme Editor user Guide (2013.11.15) New Version  
http://en.miui.com/thread-2154-1-1.html

MIUI Theme Editor 3.11.15
http://en.miui.com/thread-2877-1-1.html

Designers can still use the tools they currently are using just that when you share the completed them with others, it will need to be uploaded to designer.xiaomi.com first.

Thanks again for your understanding and please bear with as we improve step-by-step towards a more international theme app!

If you have any question, please leave us a commet.

MIUI Team

Favorite64 Share

Rated by 46 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

EvilYuzu + 1 Agreed!
jurajk + 1 <font style="vertical-align: inh
Modaaaaaa + 2 Fantastic!
1RO3LS + 5 Great!
1586063266 + 1 Great!
DaRF25 + 1 Thanks!
kinjosh + 1 Awesome!
serbash + 1 Great!
zumoku + 1 Great!
Padmaraj + 1 Thanks!
fundj112 + 8 + 1 Thanks!
eshainessential + 1 Great!
vik007 + 5 Great!
AMIT143 + 2 Thanks!
VarunJos + 1 Awesome!
Edward.Koo + 1 Thanks!
Heimdal + 1 Great!
lampard54 + 1 Great!
P3aky + 1 Thanks!
好巴巴sos + 1 Thanks!
vektorisasi + 1 Thanks!
sajalhossain13 + 1 Agreed!
carloschula + 1 Thanks!
186174470 + 1 Agreed!
zaaey + 1 Great!
MIUIes + 10 + 5 Thanks!
Dzolhisham + 5 Thanks!

Experience +130  Prestige +12  View Rating Log

MIUI Beta Team - China

Credits
Device
Mi Pad
Online time
506 Hours
Send PM

Yi Action CameraMi Power BankXiaomi 6 LaunchUnlock MedalMi Band 2Mijia Story TellerMi HomeMi Yi CameraMi  BunnyMi VRMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi BandMijia Smart ShoesXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMarshmallowFantastic!MIUI 6I Love MIUIMIUI 7FlashholicMIUI 2016Awesome!MIUI 2015MIUI 8MIUI Devices ContestXiaomi Mi 6Mi TVRedmi 3Mi PadRedmi Note 2Mi 21st Anniversary800K Forum MembersMIUI 9700K Forum MembersMIUI 5th Anniversary900K Forum MembersMIUI Lucky FridayRocket to FutureMIUI 4th AnniversarySuper SundayMIUI 30 Million UsersMIUI English Forum 2013MIUI 50 Million Users2014 Christmas300K Forum MembersThanksgiving DayHappy Singles' DayMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million UsersFan Of MIUI Italy600K Forum Members100k Forum Members500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaXiaomi 5th Anniversary1400K Forum MembersMIUI Happy Medal1500K Forum MembersMid-Autumn FestivalOlympics MedalMIUI 300 Weeks1800K Forum MembersMi Live MedalMIUI Weekly PollI Love 20161 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 2017Happy New Year1900K Forum Members3 Million Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppMIUI Font LoverMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI 3rd Anniversary5 Million Forum PostsXiaomi 6th Anniversary90000 Forum MembersMIUI V5 ReviewUEFA EURO MedalPokemon Master Medal5 Million Forum App InstallsSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Quick DiscussionMIUI KingXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI FollowerOTA Feedback25 Million StrongAndroid GuruMIUI Weekly Devices QuizPioneer of MIUI English Forum Humor MasterMi Lover MedalMi TalentTechnology GuruMr. DependableMIUI Medals CollectorStar Of TechnologyApp TalentMost Active MIUIerMi Bunny Game Master Theme TalentScroll Of WisdomApp TalentRingtone Star Inbox ZeroDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid ElfMIUI Global Forum 2014Updates LoverStar Of IconsWallpaper ExpertMIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverMIUI G+ FollowerDebate Master

16:27, Dec-06-2013 | From PC
|

Reply Awards +3

It's the worst idea I've ever heard!
Why... WHY?
Should I upload EACH theme I modify for my pleasure?
Are you joking?
ARE YOU JOKING???

Rated by 4 people   Experience Reason  

RRIIFFAALL + 1 Agreed!
eronmi + 1 Agreed!
SogaBan + 1 Agreed!
8thHeaven + 1 Agreed!

Experience +4  View Rating Log

Mi band, Mi band 2, Mi power bank 10Ah, Mi 2, Mi Pad, Redmi note 2, Redmi 3, Redmi 3 pro, Mi 6

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4S
Online time
200 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIAwesome!Redmi NoteRedmiMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI 50 Million Users300K Forum MembersMIUI FollowerStar Of IconsDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI Medals Collector

00:35, Jul-17-2014 | From PC
|
If the themes in the store were in english also, this decision wouldn't bother me.
But...the majority are in chinese, and the lock screen has chinese characters. This is kind of unpleasant for the rest of us...the non-chinese people.
When finally some super guys here translated some themes in english, we cannot use them...
I hope this decision wil not hinder the spread of Miui...
I am really dissapointed...

Omaralih + 1 Agreed!
8thHeaven + 1 Agreed... please make it world wide... :
Busa842100 + 1 Agreed!
aeon74 + 1 Agreed!

Experience +4  View Rating Log

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note
Online time
79 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIAwesome!Redmi NoteRedmiI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamClass A Beta TeamMIUI Follower

20:25, Jun-03-2014 | From PC
|
Cross-posting what i said here.. I'm a long time MIUI user since MIUI is all about customizing every aspect of the user interface to your liking. I really think theming and customizing is an important reason to use MIUI for a lot of users, and this policy severely cripples it. While I understand that payed themes need to be protected from theft, I don't think this is the way to do it. It makes me sad to see MIUI go this way, and i'm quite sure many users will agree with me.

That being said, i still love MIUI and i wouldnt trade it for something else. But i really would like to be able to customize my phone (customizing icons/translating stuff etc) again, like before. All the mtz's i have collected/customized over the years have become useless, since I cannot create a designer account.  As an international user, I really do not like the risk of sending over my ID, Bank account info or other sensitive documents.

@ Xiaomi-dev/admins: Is it possible to introduce lite designer accounts for people who just want to customize their own free themes without publishing them? Or are there any other options being considered?
Please think about this and let the community know. Thanks a lot!

Rated by 2 people   Experience Reason  

kinjosh + 1 Agreed!
ulun64 + 1 Great!

Experience +2  View Rating Log

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 3 Prime
Online time
109 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 2016Awesome!MIUI 7I Love MIUIFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI English Forum 20131 Million Forum MembersHappy New YearXiaomi 5th AnniversaryHappy Valentine's DayI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyOTA FeedbackOreoMIUI Medals CollectorPioneer of MIUI English Forum Forum Contest LoverUpdates LoverAndroid GuruMi Bunny Game Master Ringtone Star

22:39, Dec-31-2013 | From PC
|
This post was edited by Matsy 16:41,Dec-31-2013

This is a bad idea. One of the most important thinga in MIUI is the opportunity of the user to give a unic style at his phone, or to share it. The developers is one face of the coin and the user is the other one. You are risking to loose both of them, specially the international ones.

RRIIFFAALL + 1 Agreed!
HtcOn3 + 1 Agreed!
etchaw + 1 Agreed!
IoDa00 + 5 Agreed!

Experience +8  View Rating Log

Supreme Member

Mad Russian!

Credits
Device
Mi 5
Online time
1842 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMi HeadphonesMIUI 8MIUI 7FlashholicMIUI 2015Fantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 6MIUI 2016Awesome!MarshmallowRedmi 2Mi NoteXiaomi Mi 4Mi 4iRedmi 3Mi 54 Million Forum MembersMIUI English Forum 2013MIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million UsersFan Of MIUI Russia600K Forum Members500K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI 5th AnniversaryUEFA EURO MedalHilal Ramadan Olympics MedalMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI 91 Million Forum Members100k Forum MembersMerry ChristmasThanksgiving Day700K Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Beta TeamOreoMIUI FollowerStar Bug FinderSenior Beta TesterPioneer of MIUI English Forum OTA FeedbackForum Contest LoverAndroid ElfMi TalentMIUI Twitter FollowerTechnology GuruStar Of TechnologyScroll Of WisdomMi Lover MedalAndroid GuruDebate MasterMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI FB FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanUpdates Lover

14:54, Dec-06-2013 | From PC
|

Reply Awards +3

I think it is good! ^_^
Sorry for my bad English(((  
Mi 5 MIUI 9 Daily
୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
14 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMIUI 7MIUI 2017Pioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FB Follower

16:24, Jan-01-2014 | From PC
|
Now that's just over the top from the MIUI team and Xiaomi. They know that outsiders can't buy themes in MIUI store, yet they still do it.
MIUI, if you want more for less, you have great chances to lose everything. Brand, users, reputation...
Well, you lost me. Not big loss, for now. But as more people outside China will understand what's happening, the more will come to their senses and leave you.
Please reconsider.

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 4X
Online time
312 Hours
Send PM

Mi HeadphonesMi BandMi HomeMi Power BankYeelight Bedside LampMi WiFi Router MiniMIUI 8MIUI 6I Love MIUIFlashholicAwesome!MIUI Devices ContestRedmi 2Xiaomi Mi 44 Million Forum MembersMIUI 5th Anniversary700K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayMerry Christmas1 Million Forum Members100k Forum MembersMIUI Fan From VietnamRocket to FutureMIUI English Forum 2013500K Forum MembersMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI V5 ReviewFan Of MIUI SwitzerlandMIUI Fan From SingaporeHilal Ramadan MIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI 30 Million UsersThanksgiving DayMIUI Font LoverMIUI Forum AppSuper FridayMIUI Happy MedalMIUI 7th AnniversarySuper SaturdaySuper Sunday90000 Forum MembersMIUI 9MIUI 6th Anniversary3500K Forum MembersSuper Tuesday3 Million Forum Members5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Lucky Friday10 Million Forum PostsI Love 20161500K Forum MembersSuper WednesdayWomen's Day MedalMid-Autumn FestivalAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamPioneer of MIUI English Forum Mi Bunny Game Master Mi TalentTheme TalentHeart to HeartIndia Independence DayMIUI 8th AnniversaryMIUI Weekly Devices Quiz9 Million Forum MembersXiaomi 8th Anniversary2017 Annual AwardsMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Global Forum 2014Most Active MIUIerDebate MasterMIUI Twitter FollowerStar Of IconsDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI KingMIUI ExpertAndroid GuruScroll Of WisdomOTA FeedbackMIUI Follower

14:53, Dec-06-2013 | From PC
|

Reply Awards +3

Ill try
Please tag me if you reply/comment on my post.

MIUI Honorary Moderator

肯尼兔

Credits
Device
Mi MIX 3
Online time
1041 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi WiFi Router MiniMi KeyMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power BankAwesome!MIUI 6I Love MIUIRedmi Note 4Mi 3Mi 2Mi 5sRedmi100k Forum MembersMIUI 2017MIUI 50 Million UsersFan Of MIUI RussiaFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI 30 Million UsersMIUI English Forum 201390000 Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersMIUI 4th AnniversaryI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Porting TeamMIUI Device TeamOTA FeedbackMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid GuruListed in Official Download PageUpdates LoverRingtone Star MIUI Community VIPSuper ModeratorMost Active MIUIerRecognized MIUI Porting DevMIUI ExpertStar of MIUI Porting TeamMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Most Popular Porting Developer

|

Reply Awards +3

so i need to register as a designer if i want to adapt dialer for my locale in any theme?

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Galaxy S4
Online time
61 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIAwesome!100k Forum MembersMIUI 30 Million UsersMIUI English Forum 2013Pioneer of MIUI English Forum

|

Reply Awards +3

Sure thats a great step ahead

Elite Member

Reading

Credits
Device
Others
Online time
544 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power StripMijia Story TellerMi TV 70Mi  BunnyMi HomeUnlock MedalMi KeyMi Yi CameraAwesome!MarshmallowMIUI 6MIUI 2016I Love MIUIFantastic!Fan Of MIUI PolandMIUI World TourMIUI Fan From SingaporeFan Of MIUI ItalyMIUI English Forum 2013MIUI V5 Review1900K Forum Members1 Million Forum App InstallsHappy New YearFan Of MIUI IndiaFan Of MIUI Spain90000 Forum MembersThanksgiving Day100k Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppMIUI Marathon MedalMerry ChristmasMIUI 30 Million UsersFan Of MIUI BangladeshPokemon Master Medal2100K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI RussiaMi Live MedalI Love 2016MIUI Weekly Poll1500K Forum MembersAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI Beta TeamUpdates LoverMIUI ExpertMIUI Wallpaper ContestRingtone Star Pioneer of MIUI English Forum Senior Beta TesterDie-hard MIUI FanTheme TalentAndroid GuruInbox ZeroDebate MasterHumor MasterTechnology GuruOTA FeedbackStar Of TechnologyScroll Of WisdomForum Contest LoverMIUI Medals CollectorMi Lover MedalAndroid Elf

14:55, Dec-06-2013 | From PC
|

Reply Awards +3

privacy protection

Credits
Device
Online time
10 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 20 Million Users

14:55, Dec-06-2013 | From PC
|

Reply Awards +3

i'm so sorry to hear that

Credits
Device
Online time
10 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 20 Million Users

14:56, Dec-06-2013 | From PC
|
Reply sta-s2z Add Thread

u might as well try it

Supreme Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4i
Online time
3275 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Story TellerMi Band 2Mi HeadphonesMi HomeMi WiFi RouterMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BoxMi VRMi BandXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIFlashholicMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 2016MIUI 6MIUI 7Awesome!Fantastic!MIUI 2015Xiaomi Mi 4Mi 4iMi PadRedmiMi 1Mi 34 Million Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Rocket to FutureMIUI 20 Million Users2014 ChristmasFan Of  MIUI Azerbaijan90000 Forum Members500K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 91st AnniversaryMIUI 3rd Anniversary100k Forum MembersXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 30 Million UsersMIUI English Forum 2013Thanksgiving DayHappy Singles' DayAtaturk Mourning300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From Brazil3500K Forum Members2100K Forum MembersDiwali Super SundaySuper MondayMIUI 7th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI BangladeshI Love 2016Puzzle MasterSuper ThursdayMIUI Lucky FridayRingolicious Medal1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 4th AnniversaryHappy DiwaliSuper SaturdayMIUI 5th Anniversary700K Forum Members600K Forum MembersMIUI Forum App1 Million Forum MembersMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan From Singapore800K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta Team VIPMIUI ReviewMIUI Beta TeamMIUI ExpertMIUI Weekly Devices QuizStar Of IconsMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid GuruMIUI 8th AnniversaryMIUI Medals CollectorStar Bug FinderMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI Translation ContributorDebate MasterMi TalentMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerMi Lover MedalStar Of TechnologyMi Bunny Game Master Most Active MIUIerMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMi Story TellerMIUI KingMIUI Community VIPAndroid ElfMr. DependableMIUI FollowerBest ArticleStar Of  MIUI Beta TeamSuper ModeratorSenior Beta TesterForum Contest LoverPioneer of MIUI English Forum Youth PledgeDie-hard MIUI FanUpdates LoverOTA Feedback

14:57, Dec-06-2013 | From PC
|

Reply Awards +3

This post was edited by Iyengar 14:59,Dec-06-2013

Change is welcomed. Does it mean i cannot mix and match within the mobile? This rule is only for those who ought to share it with public right?
Retired

MIUI Beta Team - Global

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 5/Pro
Online time
73 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandUnlock MedalAwesome!I Love MIUIRedmi 1SRedmi Note 3MIUI 30 Million Users1800K Forum Members100k Forum MembersDiwali MIUI 4th Anniversary90000 Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaHappy DiwaliSurge S1MIUI 7th Anniversary2100K Forum Members1 Million Forum App InstallsI Love Mi BunnyOTA FeedbackUpdates LoverPioneer of MIUI English Forum Technology GuruMIUI ExpertMaster Of TechnologyStar WarsDiscuss HereMi Lover MedalMi TalentAndroid GuruMIUI FollowerStar Of TechnologyDebate Master

14:58, Dec-06-2013 | From PC
|

Reply Awards +3

That's great!

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list