How to back-up your personal data on MIUI with ease

[ Promote]
6602 27 |
15:39, Nov-30-2012
| |
|
Go to reply no.
Hi Miui-ers

Do you possess copious amounts of priceless personal data on your phone, accumulated throughout the years?  Do you painstakingly transfer all of your contacts, photos, text messages, videos, music, apps and bookmarks each time you upgrade or change your phone?

Just the thought of losing all my precious data makes me wince.. so we've decided to post this article on methods of preventing the loss of your personal data so that you never have to worry about losing all those contacts and photos again.

Option One: MIUI own local backup

How many of you MIUI-ers have tried this powerful backup tool?
MIUI comes with it's own local backup system, inclusive of 3rd party applications and data.  You can also activate automatic backup timing, which will execute data backup at your specific intervals.

Directions:
1.        Open MIUI Backup & Reset
2.        Select the corresponding backup options, click to confirm.
3.        Backup data will be saved in the SD / MIUI / BACKUP / ALLBACKUP / path corresponding date is a point-in-time backup.
4.        To be on the safe side, you can extract the backup files and store them on your computer.  In addition, this backup feature can also be set for certain times and be encrypted for security purposes.

Screenshot_2012-11-30-15-26-14.png

So what do you think?  Pretty awesome function.  

Advantages: Full backup of all data as well as 3rd party apps.  
Disadvantages: Local backup only stored on the phone itself.  To be safe, you should extract your backup file and store it on your computer.

Option Two: MIUI Cloud Service

You're not mistaken, MIUI has it's own cloud service!  You can now record and backup all of your contacts, data, and multimedia.  Synced into the cloud, you will never have to worry about losing your data again.
Directions:

1. Enter Settings, find "Accounts & Sync" and enter.
2. Enter your Xiaomi Account (If you do not have one please create one).
3. Once logged in, you can begin synchronizing your data.
4. You may now view and manage your data in the cloud: https://i.xiaomi.com

Screenshot_2012-11-30-15-45-22.png Screenshot_2012-11-30-15-45-35.png

Advantages: Online syncing of address book, SMS, photo albums, supported pages.  Easy to use and operate.  
Disadvantages: The backup data is not robust, you can not back up system data, program data.

Option Three: The use of third-party programs for back up

There are many third-party programs and tools that offer backup services.  These include Snappea, 91 Assist, QQ Synchronization, Titanium backup, etc.  For complete introductions and usage details, please feel free to explore these options.

Data backup is a very useful tool that should not be overlooked.  Do you have better suggestions or tips?  If so, please feel free to share with the Mi Community!

Favorite

Rated by 3 people   Experience Reason  

MishFdM + 6 Great!
chrone + 2 Fantastic!
MasterTB + 2 Great!

Experience +10  View Rating Log

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi3
MIUI Version
Online time
855 Hours
Send PM

Most Active MIUIerMost Popular Forum UserMI 3100k Forum MembersMIUI Wallpaper ContestMIUI 3rd AnniversaryMIUI 20 Million UsersStar of Themes90000 Forum MembersI love Mi BunnyI love MIUIOTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum

17:40, Nov-30-2012
|
Great article!! Hope to see more

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
17:57, Nov-30-2012
|
Reply mich919 Add Thread

do not use MIUI Cloud Service if u live in foreign country...
otherwise, it will charge you SMS service fee again an again!!!

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Nexus 5
MIUI Version
Online time
102 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI 30 Million UsersMerry Christmas 2013Fan of MIUI ItalyMIUI English Forum 2013MI 3100k Forum MembersMIUI V5 ReviewAwesome!MIUI FollowerI love MIUII love Mi BunnyOTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum

17:59, Nov-30-2012
|
Would be a good thing to use MIUI Cloud but the website is all in Chinese, I propose to implement at least the English language for international users.

Thanks

Administrator

Flashing

Credits
Device
Mi 4
MIUI Version
Online time
2050 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI 3rd AnniversaryMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI V5 ReviewAwesome!Pioneer of MIUI English Forum I love Mi BunnyI love MIUIOTA Feedback

19:28, Nov-30-2012
|
ale8530 replied at 2012-11-30 17:59
Would be a good thing to use MIUI Cloud but the website is all in Chinese, I propose to implement at ...

We're working on it now and have finished translating the strings, will be online soon.

Rated by 1 person   Experience Reason  

shahzad + 1 Great!

Experience +1  View Rating Log

Administrator

Flashing

Credits
Device
Mi 4
MIUI Version
Online time
2050 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI 3rd AnniversaryMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI V5 ReviewAwesome!Pioneer of MIUI English Forum I love Mi BunnyI love MIUIOTA Feedback

19:29, Nov-30-2012
|
kulifung replied at 2012-11-30 17:57
Reply mich919 Add Thread

do not use MIUI Cloud Service if u live in foreign country...

Hi, where're you please? Sorry for the trouble.

Elite Member

Crusing...

Credits
Device
Mi2
MIUI Version
Online time
341 Hours
Send PM

Most Active MIUIerMIUI V5 ReviewSuper ModeratorI love Mi Bunny

20:30, Nov-30-2012
|
Definitely a good featureto have . Specially when most backup apps are not free.
What you see here is...
The rambling verses of a bored man who decided he should have a signature but didn't know what
to sign so he just sat there at his computer writing whatever came to his mind and as a result...
...now you know you should have stopped reading a long time ago, don't you??
////
MIUI Forum Rules & Guidelines
Per Device Bugs Threads

Credits
Device
Mi3
MIUI Version
Online time
673 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 6MIUI 4th AnniversaryHilal Ramadan Mi WiFi RouterMi KeyRedmi NoteMIUI 50 Million UsersAndroid GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatRedmiMI 2Fan of MIUI UKMIUI Fan from IndonesiaMIUI 30 Million UsersMerry Christmas 2013MIUI English Forum 2013MIUI Medals CollectorMI 3100k Forum MembersMIUI Wallpaper ContestMIUI 3rd AnniversaryMIUI ExpertMIUI V5 ReviewStar of Themes90000 Forum MembersAwesome!OTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum I love MIUIMIUI FollowerI love Mi Bunny

10:27, Dec-01-2012
|
I think there should also be an option in the MIUI backup tool to upload/sync the backup data to Micloud as all the things needed are already there (i think) just need to provide the folder link to Micloud. Then this backup tool with option of encryption(already have) and cloud storage will be unbeatable.

Credits
Device
Nexus One
MIUI Version
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
11:56, Dec-01-2012
|
MIUI is more wonderful because of you!

Credits
Device