Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5 Pro
Online time
794 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi WiFi Router MiniMi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesI Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 6MIUI 2015Fantastic!Mi 4iMi 2Redmi NoteRedmi 2Mi 3Xiaomi Mi 4RedmiMi TV90000 Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersMIUI 3rd AnniversaryMIUI English Forum 2013100k Forum MembersFan Of MIUI UKMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI V5 ReviewHilal Ramadan 300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th Anniversary1st AnniversaryMIUI 30 Million UsersMIUI Forum AppMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI 4th AnniversarySummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAndroid GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Medals CollectorOTA FeedbackDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FB FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerMIUI Wallpaper ContestMIUI ExpertStar Of Themes

[Reviews] User Review of xiaomi Piston Headphones (2nd generation)

[ Promote]
40758 73 |
17:02, Nov-29-2013 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by shahzad at 16:46, Jul-18-2014

Few days ago xiaomi released the 2nd generation of piston head phones. I buy these on the same day as they released ;)
(thanks to @Nanana for timely information of release) I got these two days ago and wanted to review them for you guys of MIUI English forum.
as you guys know that xiaomi guys are expert of decent and reliable packaging of product so here the the unpacking pictures.
inside is bill and headphones box

Review (1)-0000.jpg Review (2)-0001.jpg Review (3)-0002.jpg

Very strong packaging for head phones. and inside is a very beautiful box wrapped in a paper with a jewel inside.

Review (4)-0003.jpg Review (5)-0004.jpg

box is made of plastic and feels really good and stylish, beautifully displaying the all important parts of headphones.

Review (7)-0006.jpg Review (8)-0007.jpg Review (9)-0008.jpg

Closeups of different parts
Review (14)-0013.jpg Review (13)-0012.jpg

These head phones have three control buttons and a Mic. Middle one is for answering the call and music pay. other two can be configure as volume control or songs control (next previous) from the phone.  I tried these with my Mi2 and sound is superb! i really love these headphones. music controls works perfect with my MI-2.

Review (17)-0016.jpg Review (15)-0014.jpg Review (16)-0015.jpg Review (18)-0017.jpg

these head phones comes with three extra caps which can be used for the best fit in your ears and also according to application you want to use it for. there is one specially designed set of caps for phone calls with enhanced sound in speech frequency and damps the other frequency for clear voice quality. other are the Music caps for your music listening pleasure and these work perfectly. You will feel the difference when you change the caps. Sound is very clear and crisp.

Review (10)-0009.jpg

Review (19)-0018.jpg
another strong point are the new diaphragms material introduced in the 2nd generation piston headphones for best response in high frequency. These head phone take care of two main common problems of head phones, cable connection breakage near the plug specially and from any other place in some cases, the 2nd one is that when you put head phones in your pocket its not easy to separate the wires from each other. with these head phones you don't have worry about that. Plug and music control button casing in made from machined metal. and feel premium. Special wires are used so these are easy to separate but NOT easy to break.

I only have two samll issues/opinion with the music control buttons assembly. Music control is perfect cylinder and play/ button is on on side and volume controls on other side. First problem is that when you are not looking at the control button (which is the case most of the time) when you put your fingers on control you need some time to find the buttons as compaire to elliptical music control cylinder on which the moment you put the finger on it, it slip in perfect position to press the buttons.
that's may be a compromised made becasue of the selection of metal machined cylinder (machining metal in elliptical form is more difficult).
2nd point is the position of buttons. as you can see that play/pause button is on one side and volume/song control is on other side.

20.jpg 21.jpg

when we want to press the play/pause button we usually use the thumb to press the button and the index and 2nd finger to support/hold the control assembly. But now our all three fingure are on buttons!!! so when we apply the pressure, some time wrong button is pressed if we are not care full. I know it not a big deal but put some extra pressure on your mind "oh i have to careful when pressing play pause button"

Other than these two thing (which are no big deal) these headphones are perfect!!!!!!! Superb Bass, excellent treble and  clear voice with durability

Here is the product page for more technical detail
http://www.mi.com/huosai
another great review  by @uqe3j

http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod ... 1432&pid=546977

Favorite4 Share

Rated by 25 people   Experience Reason  

Anlogfreak + 1 Thanks!
mannanoida + 1 Thanks!
Sumit@MIUI + 1 Fantastic!
cocooboyz + 1 Fantastic!
hrishi + 1 Awesome!
luvxiaomi + 1 Awesome!
HawkRaven + 1 Fantastic!
AldoXi + 1 Awesome!
dexterouz + 5 Awesome!
arunvariyath + 1 Great!
Drew63 + 1 Great!
Mi-Ti + 1 Awesome!
bubbl3 + 1 Thanks!
discodave + 5 Fantastic!
Vibu + 5 Thanks!
Amducias + 1 Thanks!
186174470 + 1 Great!
ATP:RedRice + 5 Fantastic!
Daconi + 5 Fantastic!
TulioJr + 1 Great!
helloansuman + 5 Fantastic!
rajen77 + 5 Great!
hvung1982 + 1 Great!
BalcanGSM + 6 Thanks!
Nanana + 6 Great!

Experience +63  View Rating Log

Administrator

Flashing

Credits
Device
Mi 5X
Online time
6189 Hours
Send PM

Mi MIXMi HomeAwesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 2016Fantastic!MIUI Devices ContestMi TVMIUI 50 Million UsersThanksgiving DayDiwali MIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 3rd Anniversary2014 ChristmasMIUI Fan From SingaporeFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI 4th Anniversary1800K Forum MembersSuper SundayMIUI Fan From Nepal90000 Forum MembersMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Forum AppI Love Mi Bunny2017 Annual AwardsMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatOTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum Die-hard MIUI Fan

17:12, Nov-29-2013 | From PC
|
Thank you very much! Great review! Would u mind telling us more about the sound effect?

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Complicated

Credits
Device
Redmi
Online time
745 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIAwesome!Mi 2100k Forum MembersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI English Forum 2013Fan Of MIUI IndiaFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI 30 Million Users90000 Forum MembersMIUI 50 Million UsersI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Porting TeamOTA FeedbackMIUI FollowerRingtone MasterPioneer of MIUI English Forum Most Productive Porting DeveloperMost Popular Porting DeveloperListed in Official Download Page

17:33, Nov-29-2013 | From PC
|
can we buy this online ?  m in india
Donate Me Paypal:-Javajohn222@yahoo.co.in
Hangout:-Javajohnm@gmail.com

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5 Pro
Online time
794 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi WiFi Router MiniMi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesI Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 6MIUI 2015Fantastic!Mi 4iMi 2Redmi NoteRedmi 2Mi 3Xiaomi Mi 4RedmiMi TV90000 Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersMIUI 3rd AnniversaryMIUI English Forum 2013100k Forum MembersFan Of MIUI UKMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI V5 ReviewHilal Ramadan 300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum MembersXiaomi 5th Anniversary1st AnniversaryMIUI 30 Million UsersMIUI Forum AppMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI 4th AnniversarySummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAndroid GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Medals CollectorOTA FeedbackDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI FB FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerMIUI Wallpaper ContestMIUI ExpertStar Of Themes

Author| 18:57, Nov-29-2013 | From PC
|
Reply Javajohn Add Thread

may be through third party reseller !

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi3
Online time
931 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesI Love MIUIMi 3MIUI 3rd AnniversaryHappy Singles' Day100k Forum MembersDiwali MIUI 20 Million UsersAtaturk MourningMIUI 4th Anniversary90000 Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnyMost Active MIUIerMIUI Wallpaper ContestMost Popular Forum UserOTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum Star Of Themes

19:57, Nov-29-2013 | From PC
|
I want one!

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5 Pro
Online time
794 Hours
Send PM

Author| 20:00, Nov-29-2013 | From PC
|
Reply ilovepunkmusic Add Thread

Contact @Nanana may be she can get you

Credits
Device
Online time
20 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!MIUI 30 Million UsersFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI English Forum 2013I Love Mi BunnyOTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum

20:38, Nov-29-2013 | From PC
|
Is there a way to ship to India, Pune?

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 1S
Online time
164 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIAwesome!Fan Of MIUI France100k Forum MembersMIUI 50 Million Users1 Million Forum MembersMIUI English Forum 2013I Love Mi Bunny9 Million Forum MembersAndroid GuruMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum OTA Feedback

22:46, Nov-29-2013 | From PC
|
give me one

MIUI Fan Site

MIUI Azerbaycan

Credits
Device
Mi 5s
Online time
351 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Story TellerMi BandMi HomeMi Power BankUnlock MedalMi WiFi RouterXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIFlashholicMIUI 2015Fantastic!MIUI 6MIUI Devices ContestMIUI 7Awesome!MIUI 2016Redmi 2Redmi Note 2Xiaomi Mi 4Mi 4i4 Million Forum MembersMi 3Mi 2Fan Of MIUI IndiaFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanMIUI 5th AnniversaryXiaomi 5th Anniversary700K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI 30 Million UsersMIUI English Forum 2013100k Forum Members90000 Forum MembersMIUI 3rd AnniversaryMIUI 20 Million UsersFan Of MIUI UKFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Ataturk Mourning300K Forum Members1st AnniversaryMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI 50 Million UsersHilal Ramadan 2014 Christmas600K Forum MembersRooster Year of 201710 Million Forum Posts800K Forum MembersMIUI 20171 Million Forum App InstallsI Love 2016Thanksgiving Day5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Forum AppRocket to FutureMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 9MIUI Font LoverPuzzle Master3500K Forum Members1900K Forum MembersMIUI World Tour3 Million Forum MembersMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI 300 WeeksXiaomi 6th AnniversaryHappy New Year900K Forum MembersMerry ChristmasMid-Autumn Festival1 Million Forum MembersDiwali 1700K Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopMi TalentMIUI FB FollowerTechnology GuruOTA FeedbackMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI Halloween 201813 Million Forum Members9 Million Forum MembersXiaomi 8th AnniversaryTheme TalentPioneer of MIUI English Forum Debate MasterAndroid ElfYouth PledgeStar Of TechnologyMIUI Medals CollectorUpdates LoverStar Of IconsDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid GuruForum Contest LoverWallpaper ExpertMIUI FollowerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat

01:06, Nov-30-2013 | From PC
|
i want this one. but how i buy this. Please xiaomi open the international online store...

Platinum Member

T'estimo

Credits
Device
Mi MIX 2S
Online time
188 Hours
Send PM

Mi Bluetooth SpeakerMi In-Ear HeadphonesMijia Story TellerMi BandXiaomi 6 LaunchMi VRYi Action CameraMi  BunnyXiaomi 7th AnniversaryFantastic!MIUI 7MIUI 2015MIUI 6MIUI 8MIUI 2016FlashholicMIUI Devices ContestAwesome!I Love MIUIMi 5s PlusMi NoteRedmi Note 4XMi 5X700K Forum Members100k Forum MembersMIUI 30 Million UsersHappy Valentine's DayHappy Singles' DayMIUI English Forum 201390000 Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from TurkeyFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI V5 ReviewXiaomi 5th AnniversaryHilal Ramadan 800K Forum MembersRocket to Future1 Million Forum MembersSuper SaturdaySuper MondaySuper ThursdayMIUI Forum AppMIUI Fan From PhilippinesCamera Filter Guru MedalMIUI Happy MedalThanksgiving DayHappy New YearI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamOTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum Technology GuruMi 5XMi Note 3Star Of TechnologyAndroid ElfMIUI Wallpaper ContestMIUI Medals CollectorDie-hard MIUI FanScroll Of WisdomForum Contest LoverAndroid GuruHumor MasterMi TalentMIUI FollowerMi Lover MedalMost Popular Forum UserMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatRedmi 5/PlusMIUI Global Forum 2014Mi Story Teller

01:28, Nov-30-2013 | From PC
|
I want to buy,but not sold in my country...

Sigarayı Bıraksam Diyorum , Tamamen Sana Başlasam , Sen Daha Çabuk Bitirirsin İşimi, Böyle Çok Yavaş Ölüyorum...

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list