Always be Humble :)

Credits
Device
Mi 5s
MIUI Version
Online time
2451 Hours
Send PM

Mi T-ShirtMi  BunnyMi WiFi RouterMi BandMijia Story TellerYeelight Bedside LampMi Bluetooth SpeakerMagic CubeMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Band 2Mi HeadphonesMi HomeMi VRXiaomi 6 LaunchMi KeyMijia Qi CycleMi Power BankMijia VR Play 2Mi WiFi Router MiniMi Portable WiFiMi BoxMi In-Ear HeadphonesUnlock MedalMi MIXXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 6MIUI 2016MIUI 7Fantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 2015MIUI 8Awesome!MIUI Devices ContestRedmi NoteMi PadRedmi 2Mi NoteMi Note ProXiaomi Mi 4Mi TV800K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from Malaysia700K Forum MembersSuper Thursday600K Forum MembersMIUI 5th Anniversary5 Million Forum PostsFan Of MIUI AustraliaFan Of MIUI RussiaUEFA EURO MedalRocket to FutureHilal Ramadan 1300K Forum MembersRooster Year of 2017MIUI 2017Happy Singles' DayThanksgiving DaySuper SundayPuzzle MasterSuper Saturday3500K Forum MembersMIUI Lucky FridayXiaomi 5th AnniversaryXiaomi 6th Anniversary500K Forum MembersHappy Valentine's DayHappy New YearMIUI 9MIUI 7th Anniversary1400K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI India1500K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppSurge S11800K Forum MembersSuper TuesdayMIUI Weekly Poll1 Million Forum MembersMIUI World TourMerry Christmas900K Forum MembersMalaysia Anniversary1700K Forum MembersI Love 2016Pokemon Master MedalSuper Wednesday10 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersWomen's Day MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryMi Live MedalMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Fan From NepalSuper MondayAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI Device TeamMIUI Halloween 2017Android GuruMIUI KingTechnology GuruScroll Of WisdomSuper ModeratorMi Bunny Game Master Most Active MIUIerMost Popular Forum UserMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeDie-hard MIUI FanWallpaper StarApp StarRedmi Note 3 ExplorerUpdates LoverStar Of TechnologyStar Of IconsRedmi Quiz Master25 Million StrongMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Lover MedalDebate MasterMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Forum Contest LoverMr. DependableMIUI ExpertMIUI Device ExpertMIUI Photography GuruHumor MasterMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI G+ FollowerWallpaper ExpertMIUI Medals CollectorMi TalentStar Of MIUI Device TeamInbox ZeroMi Story TellerRingtone Star Android ElfOTA FeedbackMIUI FB Follower

[Reviews] MIUI 9 Review Collection: Know More About MIUI 9 Here!

[ Promote]
478590 2333 |
09:49, Nov-02-2017 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.

Hey MIUIers!

Today is an exciting day, because MIUI team just launched MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM to most Xiaomi devices! In order to spice things up, we have compiled some of the detailed MIUI 9 reviews which already posted in Device Subforum for some time. We all know that there will be all the sweet talks about MIUI 9 from the official. It will be more interesting to read those honest and real reviews by users who already been using MIUI 9. Let me summarize all the new things about MIUI 9 below:

1) Lightning Fast Performance in MIUI 9

Accelerate.jpg

Overall performance are good. Animation and opening apps seems faster than MIUI 8. Everything is great... except no difference on Gaming performance. RAM usage by system is high, but multitask is still good. I can open at least 4-5 apps simultaneously and no app reloaded. - RInzImpulse

Source Link
Honestly I did not feel much changes on the screen well except that it was really fast, the response of every touch and every change screen was pretty fast and it lives up to its claim as lightning fast. That's one thing I can assure you. - mitch002

Source Link
The animations are smooth, it is fast and fluid, snappy. But please note that is not as fast as lightning [the slogan looks exaggerating], and based on my experience, WP8.1 is smoother than MIUI 9, but again, it still on closed beta. So I can live with that, and we can expect more for sure. - choukawaii

Source Link
The apps takes very less time to load and the animation of opening and closing has also changed. The UI has been optimized for lighter performance and fast response. The app installation time has been reduced. It takes almost 30-40% less time for the app to install as compared to MIUI 8. - coolmihir

Source Link
Here is where MIUI 9 shines, it has been advertised that MIUI 9 would lose some unused features (which i really dont know which) to favor better performance, and it did. I've been using the OS for the week and noticed that apps do open much more faster than MIUI 8, it runs a little bit smoother too. Gaming also has noticeable speed ups. - Gerard_Vincent

Source Link

2) Limitless Theme - The minimal design

Limitless.png

Choosing the new "Limitless" theme, the change in the icons' design is quite noticeable. Most of the core apps shifted from a squarish icon to a circular one. The new design gives the interace a minimalistic look which I feel is quite pleasing to the eyes. - xavierchia

Source Link
There are now 4 themes in MIUI 9, out of which I guess, most users will like the theme Limitless. My personal preference is also the theme Limitless. The white/black borders around the icons are removed and the squarish shape of the icon has been removed and I guess users will welcome this move very much. - teejay456

Source Link
You have two choices: either use default theme or choose a brand-new Limitless theme. The only difference between default theme and Limitless basically is just its icons. While default icons still using uniformity icons with white background, Limitless offering us refreshed icons without any background. - choukawaii

Source Link
Mi has one theme specially made for the users looking for something different without compromising the beautiful UI, Limitless. This is a fairly minimal theme which gives the icons a makeover. The icons are no more semi-squircle ones, but edgy. This is my favorite of the bunch as I prefer to have the stock MIUI feeling with a fresh set of icons. - aju45

Source Link

3) Simplified Home Screen

Home_Screen.png

The Homescreen was similar to MIUI 8 but while setting it up we can find the changes. We get various options and ability to select apps and move directly to a page, Lock screen option and transition effects etc. The overall setup looks fresh in my opinion. - Raj448

Source Link
MIUI 9 comes with all new home screen. In MIUI 8 it was difficult to move apps to another page which was far away from our current page. Now, it is very easy. Now you can drag and drop apps to the required screen very easily. You can Apps locks on Home Screen. - hellobiswajit

Source Link
Arranging homescreen has always been a hassle in MIUI, but with MIUI9 Mi has ended it for the good. Now icons can be easily selected and transported to other pages with ease. The available set of homescreens are shown at the bottom which helps navigation a lot. - aju45

Source Link

4) Split Screen

Split_Screen.png
Note: This feature only available in Android 7 onward.
This is the most awaited and yet most amazing feature of the MIUI 9. It is enabled by default and you can find it in the Recent Apps Menu by pressing the menu button once. You have to click on the SplitScreenMode Bar to enable it and then you have to drag the first app to the SplitScreen Bar and then it will show other apps which can be used or cannot be used in Split Screen Mode. The animations of Opening and closing of the split screen feature is amazing and it works pretty smoothly. - coolmihir

Source Link
Now you can enjoy this function with pleasure, working simultaneously in two applications without interruption! In addition, you can work in portrait or landscape mode either, it’s up to you! Moreover, it is possible to drag the size of the windows at your discretion. It's just awesome! I use Split Screen while watching video on YouTube and making notes in my Google Keep or texting with friends! Unfortunately, some of my favorite apps do not support Split Screen mode. However, majority do, that makes me happy! - SamiraSalikhova

Source Link
It works nearly the same as on stock android, with a little bit of difference, instead of holding on the task window of the app, you have to click the "Splitscreen" button on the top part of the recent apps window, then drag the apps you want to use split screen on, then you can now use two apps at the same time, note that not all apps support this at this time. We also lose the option to use icons instead of thumbnails on the recent screen. - Gerard_Vincent

Source Link
Due to the requirement of feature support by the application developers, some apps will not work with the Split screen. Games will not run in the split screen by default as it's not the way the games were meant to be displayed. However, if you wish to do so there is an option to allow for force-resizing the applications in Developer Options. Expect glitches and force closes though. - teejay456

Source Link

5) New Settings and Updater Page

Setting.png

One of the most noticeable things in MIUI 9 is the lack of updater app in the Tools folder. Fear not. Its position has been changed to Settings App now in MIUI 9. To access your updater app, go to Settings App. On the top, below the search bar, there will be a list item called My device. Tap on the My device in the Settings app. Then tap on the MIUI version, then it will launch the updater app. - teejay456

Source Link
Settings app too got a small makeover. We now have the updater app incorporated into the settings. To be more specific, it is now a part of the about device section. The about section is totally different with a brief spec sheet being present to have a good idea about the device. Everything now is neatly arranged and has sense of organization. The lightning logo occupies the updater UI too. - aju45

Source Link

6) Redesigned Volume Bar

Volume.png

You can turn on the silent mode by pressing volume rocker button and just tapping on the toggle button on the right side of the screen. You can either select Silent mode or DND on your choice. and can select a time duration also from 30 minutes, 1 hours, 2 hours, 8 hours and can also select to enable it always. This feature allows us to turn on silent mode/DND mode and it turns the selected mode by itself after the time set by the user. - teejay456

Source Link
An easy toggle switch has been added to the volume panel to switch the phone into silent/DND mode in a hurry. I found myslelf using it more than I thought and sure helped me save time. Now we have an option to set the time period of the activity of DND/Silent Mode, and its awesome to have the ability to do so many things within the volume slider. - aju45

Source Link

7) Smart Notification Filter

Notification.png
By default, the smart notification filter filters notifications by itself. But you can train it also too. If you want to hide some app notifications or push notifications, you can swipe on the notification from the right side of the screen, and then tap on the Unimportant button. What if you need to revert it back? What should you do is that swipe from right to left in the notification in the unwanted list and tap on the important button and confirm it again and it will be excluded from the unimportant notification list. - teejay456

Source Link
MIUI 9 brings in a Notifiacations Folder, what is does is study how you use your apps for a week, then put the notications of your rarely used app in a separate page, which i think is not that efficient and might cause you to miss notifications that you might need sooner or later. What i hope they did instead is fix, the QUICK REPLY on the notification, it's in there, but it seems very out of place. - Gerard_Vincent

Source Link

8) Charging Time on Lock Screen

Charging.png

Lastly for interface, I would like to share with you the lock screen. Now, there is a timer at the bottom which indicates time remaining till the phone reaches full charge. This is a simple yet useful information to have. - xavierchia

Source Link

There are still many new things waiting for you to discover in MIUI 9.
Are you excited to try it now?
Let's share your opinion about this new MIUI update here!

Favorite434 Share

Rated by 34 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

BurokraTT + 1 Great!
kajetandrozd + 1 Fantastic!
Prima9999 + 2 Fantastic!
thura241282 + 4 Thanks!
VikuBalupura + 10 + 3 Fantastic!
hearthekker + 4 Fantastic!
blackfirefly434 + 10 + 5 Awesome!
arjunesuraj + 1 Awesome!
Katrix + 10 + 3 Fantastic!
Technoking2020 + 10 + 3 Fantastic!
RInzImpulse + 10 + 5 Awesome!
alexiscuba + 1 Fantastic!
DJStatikVX + 10 + 3 Great!
tuareg2 + 1 Great!
chinmaychinnu + 1 Awesome!
1596225176 + 5 Awesome!
technomania34 + 2 Awesome!
Djolle + 1 Awesome!
DanielArsenia + 1 Awesome!
abhijitdevnath + 10 + 3 Awesome!
Sher@007 + 2 Fantastic!
Soumy@ + 2 Awesome!
rahul_09 + 10 + 3 Awesome!
sad25kag + 5 Awesome!
mitch002 + 10 + 5 Awesome!
sepneela + 10 + 5 Fantastic!
teejay456 + 5 Fantastic!

Experience +198  Prestige +62  View Rating Log

Learn More About MIUI Version: Click Here

Click [Reply] Below To Notify Me

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
8 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 9MIUI 7th AnniversaryPioneer of MIUI English Forum Technology Guru

14:10, Nov-02-2017 | From Redmi Note 3
|
Awesome were waiting for Miui 9 stable ROM we need nought update for redmi note 3

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5
MIUI Version
V8.5.3.0.NAAMIED
Online time
24 Hours
Send PM

Mi HomeMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi Band 2Unlock MedalAwesome!MarshmallowMIUI 8MIUI 2016I Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestMi TVMi 5MIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Fan from MalaysiaOlympics MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From MyanmarMi Live MedalUEFA EURO MedalMid-Autumn FestivalSuper TuesdayDiwali MIUI Lucky FridaySuper Sunday3500K Forum Members1400K Forum MembersThanksgiving DayMIUI Forum App1500K Forum MembersGamer Mi BunnyMIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverScroll Of WisdomMi Bunny Game Master Star Of IconsDebate MasterMi Story TellerMIUI FollowerTechnology GuruRingtone Star MIUI Medals CollectorMi Lover MedalDie-hard MIUI FanAndroid Elf

14:08, Nov-02-2017 | From Mi 5
|
supporting device list and release device list pls

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi Max 2
MIUI Version
Online time
176 Hours
Send PM

Mi Power StripMijia Qi CycleMi Power BankFantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 2016MIUI Devices ContestMIUI 8Redmi 1SMIUI 6th AnniversaryOlympics Medal700K Forum MembersPokemon Master Medal800K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI 100 Million UsersFan Of MIUI IndiaRocket to FutureMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Forum AppMIUI 2017MIUI 9Merry ChristmasI Love 20161500K Forum MembersI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Beta team - IndiaMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Medals CollectorScroll Of WisdomMi Story TellerMIUI FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanTechnology GuruDebate MasterStar Of Technology

14:08, Nov-02-2017 | From Mi Max 2
|
Awesome 😍😍

Gold Member

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V8.5.3.0.MALMIED
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM

Mi Bluetooth SpeakerMIUI Devices Contest300K Forum MembersMIUI 9Rocket to FutureMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 2017Summer Mi BunnyMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Forum Contest LoverMIUI Halloween 2017Scroll Of Wisdom

14:08, Nov-02-2017 | From Redmi 3S
|
think so going to be the best

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
MIUI Version
V8.5.1.0.MHOMIED
Online time
48 Hours
Send PM

Mi HeadphonesMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi HomeRedmi Note 3Super MondaySuper Thursday10 Million Forum PostsSuper WednesdayFan Of MIUI Bangladesh3 Million Forum MembersRocket to FutureMIUI 2017MIUI 9Women's Day MedalMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI RussiaHappy Valentine's DayDebate MasterUpdates LoverMi Lover MedalMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Halloween 2017MIUI FollowerScroll Of WisdomAndroid ElfMr. DependableAndroid Guru

14:09, Nov-02-2017 | From Redmi Note 3
|
Nice ....çongratulations.......updating....miui9.......
Platinum Member... sbkuk...Happy to Help

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
14:09, Nov-02-2017 | From Mi Max Prime
|
when MIUI 9 present in INDONESIA?

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
V9.0.3.0.NCFMIEI
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
14:10, Nov-02-2017 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
Can't wait

MIUI Resources Team

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S
MIUI Version
Online time
141 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Story TellerMi HomeMi VRMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi TV 70Mi HeadphonesMi Power StripMi VR HeadsetMi  BunnyMijia Qi CycleUnlock MedalMijia Smart PTZ CameraMagic CubeMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mi Band 2Mi ScaleXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAwesome!FlashholicMIUI Devices ContestFantastic!I Love MIUIMarshmallowMIUI 8MIUI 2016Redmi 3S1800K Forum MembersI Love 2016Thanksgiving DayMIUI Monthly TalkMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI 20171 Million Forum App InstallsFan Of MIUI RussiaPokemon Master MedalMerry Christmas1500K Forum MembersXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Forum App1900K Forum MembersMIUI World TourMIUI Weekly Poll3 Million Forum App Installs2100K Forum MembersMIUI Marathon MedalHappy DiwaliDiwali Fan Of MIUI BangladeshHappy New YearSuper SundaySuper MondayMIUI Font LoverHappy Holi MedalSuper Friday5 Million Forum App Installs3500K Forum MembersMIUI 9Puzzle MasterMIUI Fan From PhilippinesFan Of MIUI India300K Forum MembersMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Happy MedalRocket to FutureRooster Year of 2017Super WednesdaySuper TuesdaySuper ThursdayHappy Valentine's Day10 Million Forum PostsWomen's Day MedalMIUI Lucky Friday3 Million Forum MembersMiPopAlpaca Mi Bunny Technology GuruIndia Independence DayMi Bunny Game Master Mr. DependableMi Lover MedalDebate MasterStar Of TechnologyMIUI Halloween 2017MIUI FB FollowerRingtone ExpertMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatOTA FeedbackMIUI Twitter FollowerForum Contest LoverMIUI KingMi Story TellerMIUI ExpertHumor MasterAndroid GuruAndroid ElfScroll Of WisdomMi TalentPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerMaster Of TechnologyMost Popular Forum UserUpdates LoverDie-hard MIUI FanInbox Zero

14:10, Nov-02-2017 | From Redmi 3S
|
Awesome 🙂
Sharing Is Caring

MIUI Beta Team - Global

Credits
Device
MIUI Version
Online time
20 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Walkie TalkieMijia Smart PTZ CameraMi  BunnyMijia Qi CycleUnlock MedalMi ScaleMi HeadphonesMi Bluetooth SpeakerXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestFantastic!MarshmallowAwesome!Super MondayMIUI 7th AnniversaryHappy DiwaliMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 2017Puzzle MasterMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Happy MedalRooster Year of 2017Diwali MIUI 9Rocket to FutureForum Contest LoverIndia Independence DayTechnology GuruMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Story TellerMaster Of TechnologyYouth PledgeMIUI Halloween 2017Mr. DependableMIUI Medals CollectorOTA FeedbackMi Lover Medal25 Million StrongStar Of TechnologyScroll Of WisdomAndroid Guru

14:11, Nov-02-2017 | From Redmi 4X
|
most of the features are not included in the Global ROM versions

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list