Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
Online time
79 Hours
Send PM

Mi Yi CameraMi MIXMi  BunnyXiaomi 6 LaunchMi Power Bank 10000MAH Unlock MedalXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 8MIUI 2016Mi 5s PlusMi MIXRedmi Note 4XRedmi Note 4I Love 20161 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Monthly TalkMi Live MedalMIUI 2017MIUI Weekly PollMIUI 6th AnniversaryXiaomi 6th AnniversaryRooster Year of 2017MIUI Marathon MedalMIUI S2100K Forum MembersMIUI Lucky FridayPuzzle MasterSingapore Merlion MedalSuper SundayMIUI Forum App300K Forum MembersSuper TuesdayMIUI PRocket to FutureAtaturk MourningHappy Valentine's DayAlpaca Mi Bunny Inbox ZeroScroll Of WisdomStar Of TechnologyMi TalentMIUI FollowerAndroid GuruApp TalentMIUI SuperstarMIUI ExpertAndroid ElfForum Contest LoverDebate MasterMi Lover MedalMi Story TellerTechnology Guru

[Reviews] Review: Custom ROM Resurrection Remix (RR). . Resurrect your MIX . .

[ Promote]
12385 49 |
16:00, May-18-2017 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by mirocks55 at 00:30, May-23-2017

Credits / Sources : pappschlumpf (https://forum.xda-developers.com/) and entire RR Team.

Official XDA Forums thread : RR ROM thread

Downloads: http://www.resurrectionremix.com/ (Go to downloads section and look for "lithium" (MI MIX code name)

Disclaimer: I am just a user / reviewer. I am in no way connected to any of the developers of RR ROM and any apps reviewed. All credits for developing RR ROM and all apps reviewed here goes to the original developers.

Hey everyone,

I have attempted here to review the custom ROM Resurrection Remix available for our beloved MI MIX. I have also put in a very short review of various alternative apps available in the google play store.

This will not be a review just about RR. I love customization and in my phone I have installed a lot of apps to modify the look and feel of UI a lot and I would be reviewing a little about each of them too.. and there may be a few things highlighted about android in general too.

If you grow tired of the long review and if you are just looking to flash RR on your phone, you can go to the official RR forum thread on XDA Official Thread on XDA : or if you need a detailed guide, you can check this out : RR ROM beginner's flashing guide . I have sort of compiled a newbie guide on the actual flashing of the ROM for those in need.

Lets start with a introduction. What is RR . It is a custom ROM based on AOSP or Android Open Source Project. RR takes a lot of features from other AOSP based ROMS like Lineage, CM, OMNI ROM etc. What it means for us users is, the look and feel of the ROM will be a lot like stock android. This may be a welcome news for some who like the material design and who prefer minimal and neat looks, or who like the stock android look in general. For some who do not like stock android look , this may be a turn off..but wait, don't turn away yet. For those who the stock android look doesn't appeal or who feel its boring, there is good news. The good news is actually an understatement. You can change the look and feel to what you want it to be. We will get to it later on in the review.

I don't know where to start reviewing RR so Im just going to start from the beginning. From the time the phone boots up first. RR has a pretty amazing boot animation that I have come to love!. You will be greeted with the standard android / google set up. Set up your connection, location services, finger print, google accounts etc and you are done.

You will be looking at a basic android OS , or thats what you will think at first. Everything will be blue and white and big. You get Trebuchet launcher (CM ROM) and google pixel pre installed. With your choice of gaaps , you may get google now launcher too. You can take your pick. You will now have your android home page and you have your standard settings

Screenshot_20170516-095008.png Screenshot_20170516-094843.png Screenshot_20170516-095017.png Screenshot_20170516-095024.png

So, why to flash this ROM in the first place? For me its customization (we will get to it a little later in the review) and performance. That includes everything related to the way the phone should work. Speed, RAM management, battery management, user experience in general. The ROM is light. Its AOSP , so it doesn't include any bloats. Your phone only needs to bear the weight of android and only the apps that you install in it. Whatever you find pre installed in the ROM, you can easily remove (Though not recommended).

Screenshot_20170516-164734.png Screenshot_20170516-164706.png

The included system app remover aids you to do that.

Oh did i forget to mention RR is pre-rooted?

RR comes pre-rooted and has magisk super user to manage your root access. You can of course uninstall magisk and flash SuperSU or any other root manager if you feel like, but magisk does the job well here. There is even a way to hide magisk and make your android pay work with a module that you need to install in magisk.

In case ROM isn't rooted. look in my beginner guide to root through Magisk. I have also included a section on how to pass safety net (Magisk module link). Beginner's RR ROM flashing guide.

Coming to performance, the phone feels smooth and pure and most importantly fast. RAM management is very good. Multi tasking is a breeze and there is no lags. The OS occupies little space on the RAM , so there is a lot of breathing room for all your apps.

Now lets get down to business. Here are the features of RR ROM. This is definitely not a complete list of features. To write about each and every feature of this ROM will be a daunting task for me to do as well for you to read through the long maze of words ;).

The RR ROM is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat!. Unlike MIUI , with all due respect of course, Android 7.1.2 Nougat is not just in name or android version number.

RR features:

All Android 7.1.2 Nougat features!

RR actually has all the features of Nougat! I cannot go on featuring all the features of android 7 of course, so i will just focus on the highlights.

RR has tons of features. I most probably will miss reviewing in detail about everything. To really experience all the features, you got to use the ROM and try them out for yourself. I will try to cover as much as I can here.

Data Saver:
Screenshot_20170516-103649.png Screenshot_20170516-103641.png Screenshot_20170516-103636.png

With data saver on, you can prevent background data activity of individual apps. You can set data usage limits, monitor data usage etc. If you want to reset the data usage or see how much you have used on a daily basis, just set the rest cycle to the present day.

Notifications:

Android Nougat has completely revamped the way you interact with notifications. You have what is called as bundled notifications. Notifications of each app is shown as a whole instead of each and every notification from the same app. They are neat. You can reply to messaging apps including mails directly from your notifications. you can swipe on the notifications and choose to hide the notifications or open more settings. You can even long press and choose to kill the app showing notifications.
Screenshot_20170522-215018.png Screenshot_20170516-173233.png

You have complete control over the notifications of each apps too.
Screenshot_20170516-103717.png Screenshot_20170516-202152.png

Multi window:

Nothing much to explain as the name of the feature says it all. A must for the massive screen of MIX don't you think? Finally we can put the feature to our multi tasking use. There is also a option to easily switch between 2 apps used by just double clicking (or single or long or swipe or whatever gesture you want!) on the recent nav button (or any other button.. RR is custom incarnate, it's difficult to review because you can alter the way the UI works for your taste)
Screenshot_20170516-103452.png
multi window of settings and browser

Google assistant:

Finally you can get your very own google assistant working flawlessly. I don't need to say more i guess.
Screenshot_20170518-105532.png

Lock screen wallpaper:

Not really a new feature for MIUI users though, but Im glad it is there in stock android.

Battery management:

Android Nougat has given us now almost complete control over our battery performance. You can adjust what kind of battery saving mode you want your phone to operate on . You can change your battery profile from high performance to extreme power save. Battery saving modes freeze background apps and cuts down on processor performance to favor battery life. Personally i don't use anything other than "balanced" profile and I am pretty happy with it. We now have a battery saver mode too! Battery saver is basically a extreme power saver mode. Not recommend for gaming though, I felt the performance drop in this mode. Only use it when you want to save the juice when you are away from a recharge source.
Screenshot_20170516-103612.png Screenshot_20170516-103608.png Screenshot_20170516-103603.png

Doze and doze on the go:

You don't need to do anything about doze as it is built in. Nougat automatically puts your phone in deep sleep when ever your screen turns off. You just got to make sure that for all the apps you want doze to work, the "battery optimization" is turned on.
Screenshot_20170517-040749.png

I am constantly getting 6+ hours of SOT (screen on time) with every full charge (about 90% charge) with heavy usage. This is all in "balanced" battery profile only. If i use a more stringent battery usage profile, I am sure I will get amazing results. I am not changing the profile because I like to have a rich user experience too than just long battery life.
Screenshot_20170426-184556.png Screenshot_20170426-184602.png Screenshot_20170426-184614.png

Customizations! :

If you love customizations and love tweaking the different aspects of your UI to suit your usage style, RR is a Godsend for you. You can practically change anything Android can offer, both functionally and visually.

RR configurations:

RR has compiled most of the visual customization options in a separate "configurations" menu.

There are a lot and i really mean " A O.M.G! LOT!" Of customization options available at your disposal. I don't think i can ever do justice to explaining the level of customization you can achieve in RR. I will try to review the available options briefly, mostly very briefly , because i want to at some point finish this already long review.

Statusbar:

I will just attach screen shots of the various options available. To put it in short, you can customize everything that is displayed on the status bar like clock, battery, signal bars, etc. You can add date and time, move all the positions around, display weather icons. Something i really love is the option to add custom logos. I have for eg, displayed the RR custom logo on the left of my status bar, you can change it to any of the provided icons (there are a lot of options) . I found you can turn your screen off with a double tap gesture turned on when you tap on the status bar too.
Screenshot_20170516-094244.png Screenshot_20170517-085527.png

In screen shot i have added a custom RR logo and a spider logo for eg. (Don't ask me the logic behind it, but with options to display a custom logo.. It's so freaking cool to look at and I JUST HAD TO DO IT!.)
Screenshot_20170517-084104.png

Panels:

Here you can modify your notification panel as per your liking. You can add remove toggles, change the header image etc..
Screenshot_20170516-094239.png

In screen shot i have added a custom RR logo as header with weather display too.
Screenshot_20170522-215355.png

Recents:

This is one of my personal favorite section. For multi tasking, you need good hardware and MI MIX certainly has it. The only thing that it needs is a awesome , cool , amazingly easy way to do it. The Recents menu in RR takes it to a whole different level. First of, you have the stock Recents. With extra functionality like clear all, RAM indication etc. Tweak around the settings a bit and you discover grid, slim and my personal favorite Omniswitch recents menu types.
Screenshot_20170516-094235.png Screenshot_20170517-082611.png Screenshot_20170517-082637.png IMG_20170517_082718.jpg IMG_20170517_091203.jpg

You can double tap on the Recents button to quickly switch between recent 2 apps when in stock Recents. Even if you choose say Omniswitch for example, you can still use that action when you tweak your navigation bar buttons!

Quick settings:

I do not know how to describe the feature rich quick settings bar in short. There are tons of toggles available, you can now customise them, move them around. Single click does a action, long press opens up more options, etc. You can even assign various animation effects "on click". I feel I'm not doing justice to the quick setting toggles feature review. It's just pretty cool and fully customizable.
Screenshot_20170516-094231.png
Screenshot_20170522-215526.png

Lock screen:

Gestures to double tap to sleep, activate torch are available. Other tweaks include creating various shortcuts on the lock screen, hide or display clock, show music visualizer, weather etc.
Screenshot_20170516-094226.png

Gestures:

Ah, where to begin. Gestures are taken to a whole new level here in RR. With the combination of Nova launcher (I will get to Nova launcher a little later if you don't know about it already), you can gesture just about anything on the screen. You can set up gestures to the extent of setting up a gesture to instantly magically turning your MI MIX into any other phone of your choice too!. (Eh.. I might be mildly exaggerating on the last point)

You have something called app circle bar. Its kind of a short cut bar to include all your favorite apps you want to access with a flick of your finger. You even have a pie control (my personal favorite). Pie control is kinda like a quick ball if i dare call it so. I don't know how else to explain it. In short its pretty awesome.
Screenshot_20170516-094221.png IMG_20170517_082300.jpg IMG_20170517_082348.jpg IMG_20170517_082439.jpg IMG_20170517_082502.jpg

You even have double tap to wake.
Screenshot_20170516-185853.png

Buttons:

Its all about customizations of physical and capacitive buttons. You can do just about anything you want with your hardware and navigation buttons bar, change position, add or remove buttons, (for nav bar buttons only of course.. maybe with more tweaks RR would let us move around the physical buttons too), individually  change each button's action (single press, double tap, long tap), You can even put your phone to sleep with a double tap on nav bar. There is a cool option here called "pulse" , when you play media, the nav bar lights up and displays a visualizer, how cool is that?!.
Screenshot_20170522-215625.png
You now have another way to navigate with nav bar. Its called "fling", you can gesture (swipe) to your heart's content to use your phone, no more tapping on buttons. Why tap on something when you can simply "fling" it right?
Screenshot_20170517-094613.png Screenshot_20170517-094647.png
You can have a advanced power menu options if you so desire.
Screenshot_20170516-094216.png Screenshot_20170518-122228.png IMG_20170517_095156.jpg

Animations:

You have options to tweak various system animations like the way your tabs switch, power menu opens , or just about anything that "moves" on your screen.
Screenshot_20170516-094211.png

Interface:

Change the display size, font size etc.. A must needed feature for anyone who wants to customise their phone. This should be available in every ROM in my opinion.
Screenshot_20170516-094206.png Screenshot_20170517-095850.png

Miscellaneous:

You have various other customization options here. One of the things i like here is the "suspend actions" option. You can turn off GPS when screen is turned off and automatically turn it back on when screen is on again. I use that to save battery mostly.
Screenshot_20170516-094201.png Screenshot_20170517-095952.png

About:

Well it gives you all the information you need to know about RR ROM.
Screenshot_20170517-100400.png

Bugs:

Since we are at this part of the review already, I would like to explain about how the bugs in RR get sorted out.
Screenshot_20170517-100405.png
This funny pic say it in short.

Let me explain a little more in detail for the new comers to RR, or any other custom ROM for that matter. Unlike Official OEM ROMS like MIUI, touchwiz, Emui etc. RR is custom, meaning it is managed by independent or a team of developers, who are making these ROMS because of their personal interest and passion. RR has device specific maintainers. For MI MIX for example, the ROM is maintained by a developer. Whenever you encounter any bugs, the way to report it is to go on the official forum and explain in the forum. In addition to the description, you would need to submit a logcat. logcat is in short something like a bug report. The developer will take a look at the bug report and it would help him / her to rectify the bug in the next build. It would all just take a couple of hours to a few days depending on the complexity of the bug.

Bugs get sorted out very quickly in RR. If you find for example no sound in loud speaker in a update. with reporting of it in forum, it would mostly get sorted out in the very next build, since it is a small issue. Builds (or updates) are almost nightly. The bugs to be fixed however takes time depending on the availability of the developers.

You don't need to keep starting thread after thread asking developers to fix the bugs, unlike in a certain Official ROM i dare not make fun of ;).

If you want to submit a bug , the easiest way for inexperienced users is a app called "Syslog", available in the play store. All you need to do is reproduce the bug, open syslog app, take a report and upload the report to the official forum so that the developer would take a look at it.

Syslog app

Screenshot_20170516-124957.png

Notification light options:

There are tweaks available for the notification light. For eg., you can change the color of notification light for battery indications.
Screenshot_20170516-185646.png

Themes:

Ok , so there are a zillion customization tweaks available, now what about themes? There is no built in theme manager in RR, but wait..the good..no GREAT news is that RR fully supports OMS or overlay manager service. In short what it means is you can install and manage your very own themes!.

You will need a app called "Substratum" available on the play store. (I don't know any other app for it, but others may be available).

Substratum is now your "theme store" if i may call it.

It is a little complicated at first, but once you get a hang of it, you can theme every part of your ROM's UI. colors, settings icons, font, even boot animation. I will just attach a few screen shots instead of trying to explain what all you can do.

Substratum Themer

Screenshot_20170518-091749.png Screenshot_20170516-094327.png Screenshot_20170518-091806.png Screenshot_20170518-091821.png Screenshot_20170518-094301.png Screenshot_20170518-092047.png

So how does RR ROM really look like?

Let me put it this way, its not about how it looks, but about how it can look like. Like the mythical shape shifter, you can make it look like whatever you want it to.

Either you can keep the unmodified material design of the stock android nougat,

....or like me, you can open a blender, throw..no "fling" your MIX in it, throw in substratum themer ,put in a custom launcher like nova, throw in whatever customization apps you like in it, give it a good whirl and make it look unique to your liking.

let me attach a few screen shots and youtube video of the home screen i use on my mixed up MIX.
Screenshot_20170522-215818.png Screenshot_20170522-215826.png Screenshot_20170522-215834.png

Its like a blank canvas, do a little (or a lot) of tweaking, use your imagination and you will find there is no limit as to what extent you can customize your beloved MIX now.

3rd party apps mentions (From Google play store):

Before you read this section, please remember these are just the ones Im personally using and enjoying. I am in no way claiming that any of these are the best. These apps are meant to enhance the overall user experience for those looking to customize and make their phone unique.

I will put in a very short review of certain 3rd party optional apps I am using on top of RR to customize my phone. It is totally a personal choice and nothing to do with actual RR ROM.

Nova launcher:

Nova Launcher

One of the best launcher available on the play store. you can make your launcher look like anything you want it to. Do you like RR but still want MIUI looks? no problem, you can do that with Nova!.

You can change icon size, choose icon packs, fonts, colors, app drawers, and gestures..a lot of gestures to do what you want. One of my fav part of Nova is the option to double tap to lock screen, for eg.

Nova even supports the app shortcuts that Android Nougat offers. If you long press a app, you get shortcuts directly to its functions on supported apps. For example, long press on gmail and you get a shortcut to compose a mail or go to inbox.
Screenshot_20170516-132235.png Screenshot_20170516-132158.png

KWGT, KWLP :

KWGT  ,  KWLP

These are "Kustom Works" live wallpaper and widgets apps. They offer you a whole new world of options for customization. KWLP is just in one word, amazing. I might need a whole separate thread to review KWLP to describe what all it can let you do.

Chronus Weather :

Chronus

One of the best weather widgets available.

Footej Camera:

Footej Camera

A neat camera app that takes very good pictures. You have options to change ISO, focus, etc.

X Browser:

X Browser

A very cool browser that resembles MIUI browser a bit. Its light and neat. My favorite part of this browser is, for all its features, there is no ads at all.No ads are forcefully splashed on to your face unlike a few other browsers on the store.

Mood SMS app:

Mood SMS app

A very cool alternative to the default SMS app. There are tons of customizations available, including themes and option to change notification light color.

Google phone app:

Google phone

An alternative to the default phone app with caller ID and call block options. It has a semi transparent UI that I have come to love.

Now for those who miss the features in "Security" app of MIUI in AOSP android, here are some alternative ideas to take or leave.

Anti virus / Anti malware:

There is actually a built-in android anti virus / anti malware in android. All you got to do is go to settings->google->security-> verify apps. To be more safe, go to settings->security-> and do not allow installation of apps from unknown sources. This should prevent any virus / malware from affecting your phone.
Screenshot_20170516-172311.png Screenshot_20170516-172316.png

There is a long standing debate as to whether any 3rd party anti virus or anti malware apps are required for android, some feel it is needed, some don't. After reading a lot about it on google, i feel i don't need it, but up to you.

Data saver:

As highlighted earlier, Nougat already has it in-built!

Cleaner:

First of all you need not go clearing caches unless you run out of storage space. Having cache is good for performance, because most of the app data is pre saved and the app takes less time to load things and is less demanding on battery. In case you really need to, then you don't really need any 3rd party app to do this. Go to settings->storage and clear cache. That will clear cache of all apps.
Screenshot_20170516-175147.png

If you need to find large files, duplicates etc..just install any good file explorer. (Im using file explorer of ASUS available in the play store).

ASUS file manager

Screenshot_20170516-175308.png

Battery:

As highlighted earlier Nougat's in built battery management is far better and you don't really need anything else.

Better battery stats:

This app is very useful to extend your battery life. Useful in the sense, it does nothing to your battery. Yes, you read it right, it does nothing to your battery. The app merely gives you the vital information required for you to take action. For example, in the status, you can look at the percentage time your phone has been in deep sleep, meaning your phone has been in doze. If the time is less, there is something waking up your phone often. Look at the partial wakelocks page and you will find the rogue apps keeping your phone and and take necessary actions to prevent them from waking up your phone. One way it helped me was it showed me that my Wifi has been active 100% of the time even though wifi was off, I then realized probably the location scanning was turned on and it was. The app doesn't hog your phone's memory or battery life.

Better battery stats

Well this concludes my review i guess. Maybe you would like RR or maybe you will not. If you do, then be sure to follow the official forum of RR in XDA to be updated of ROM updates, bugs and fixes.

Have a nice day all!

Credits / Sources : pappschlumpf (https://forum.xda-developers.com/) and entire RR Team.

Official XDA Forums thread : RR ROM thread

Downloads: http://www.resurrectionremix.com/ (Go to downloads section and look for "lithium" (MI MIX code name)

Screenshot_20170516-105317.png
Screenshot_20170517-090010.png
Screenshot_20170516-093813.png
Screenshot_20170517-094133.png
Screenshot_20170518-123025.png
Screenshot_20170518-123840.png
Screenshot_20170516-093731.png
Screenshot_20170516-093748.png
Screenshot_20170516-094256.png
Screenshot_20170518-123840-min.png
Favorite7 Share

Rated by 2 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

VerucaSalt + 1 Fantastic!
sepneela + 10 + 5 Fantastic!

Experience +11  Prestige +5  View Rating Log

Super moderator

ကိုဆက်ကြီး

Credits
Device
Mi 5s
Online time
1060 Hours
Send PM

Mijia VR Play 2Magic CubeMi MIXMi VRMi Bluetooth SpeakerMijia Story TellerMijia Smart PTZ CameraMijia Walkie TalkieMijia Qi CycleMi  BunnyXiaomi 6 LaunchMi Band 2Mijia Smart ShoesMi T-ShirtMi WiFi RouterNinebot MiniMi Notebook AirYi Action CameraMijia Electric ScooterMi HomeMi HeadphonesUnlock MedalMi ScaleMi BandMi Power BankMi Bluetooth HeadsetMi TV 70Mi BoxXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 2016MarshmallowFantastic!I Love MIUIFlashholicAwesome!MIUI Devices ContestAnTuTuMIUI 8Redmi 3SRedmi Note 4Xiaomi Mi 6Mi Note ProMi 5Mi 5sMi Note4 Million Forum MembersRedmi ProMi 5X300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From Philippines2 Million Forum MembersFan Of MIUI UkraineMIUI 2017MIUI Fan From MyanmarMIUI SMIUI Happy MedalHappy Valentine's DayFan Of MIUI AustraliaSuper FridayHappy Singles' DayRocket to FutureMIUI PMIUI World TourDiwali Happy DiwaliMIUI Fan From IndonesiaSuper MondayRooster Year of 201710 Million Forum PostsSuper TuesdayMerry Christmas3500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Russia5 Million Forum App InstallsSuper WednesdayMIUI Lucky FridaySuper ThursdayFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI Philippines Fan MeetupXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Marathon MedalFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI 9500K Forum MembersMIUI 7th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Weekly PollSuper SundayMIUI 100 Million Users1st AnniversaryMIUI Fan from TurkeyPuzzle Master90000 Forum MembersMIUI 50 Million UsersMid-Autumn FestivalMIUI Forum AppMIUI Font LoverHilal Ramadan MIUI 20 Million UsersWomen's Day MedalHappy New Year100k Forum MembersXiaomi 5th AnniversarySuper SaturdayI Love Mi BunnyMiPopSummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Review8 Million Forum MembersMIUI Weekly Devices QuizNougatSurpriseMIUI 8th Anniversary7 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum MembersStar WarsMIUI 10Discuss HereHappy 201913 Million Forum MembersHeart to Heart9 Million Forum MembersDie-hard MIUI Fan6 Million Forum MembersQuick SurveyRedmi 5/PlusXiaomi 8th AnniversaryBlack SharkMIUI Quick DiscussionApp Star5 Million Forum MembersOreoScroll Of WisdomTheme TalentMost Active MIUIerMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Most Popular Forum UserStar Of TechnologyUpdates LoverMi TalentMIUI ExpertRingtone ExpertMr. DependableYouth Pledge25 Million StrongIndia Independence DayMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Bunny Game Master MIUI SuperstarTechnology Guru2017 Annual AwardsDebate MasterOTA FeedbackMi 5XForum Contest LoverAndroid GuruMi Note 3MIUI FB FollowerMaster Of TechnologyMIUI Twitter FollowerAndroid ElfMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI KingRedmi Note 5/ProMi Story TellerMi Lover MedalMIUI Halloween 2017

16:06, May-18-2017 | From Mi 5s
|
good news

Reply to notify me.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
Online time
25 Hours
Send PM

Mi Bluetooth SpeakerMi MIXUnlock MedalMi HeadphonesMi Power BankMi HomeXiaomi 6 LaunchMi Kids WatchMagic CubeMijia Qi CycleXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 8AnTuTuFantastic!MIUI Devices Contest4 Million Forum MembersRedmi Note 4Mi Note 2Mi Max 2Mi MIXRedmi Note 3MIUI Lucky FridaySuper TuesdayPuzzle MasterFan Of MIUI Bangladesh300K Forum Members3500K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 2017Super FridayFan Of MIUI UkraineRooster Year of 201790000 Forum MembersCamera Filter Guru MedalAtaturk MourningSuper SundayMIUI Forum AppMIUI 92 Million Forum MembersHappy Singles' DayHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Font LoverMIUI Happy MedalFan Of MIUI Russia5 Million Forum App InstallsHilal Ramadan Rocket to FutureSuper ThursdaySuper WednesdayGamer Mi BunnyMiPopI Love Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewStar Wars8 Million Forum MembersApp StarMIUI ExpertSurpriseMaster Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanDebate MasterAndroid ElfScroll Of WisdomStar Of TechnologyMi TalentMIUI Medals CollectorMost Active MIUIerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Bunny Game Master Mi Story Teller25 Million StrongTheme TalentMIUI FollowerMIUI KingMi Lover MedalOTA FeedbackTechnology GuruPioneer of MIUI English Forum Forum Contest LoverAndroid Guru

00:26, May-19-2017 | From Mi MIX
|
I Proud to say that I am using this ROM on my Mi MIX instead of MIUI which I Honestly Hate. Waiting for the developers to release this ROM for Xiaomi Mi Note 2 as well.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
Online time
79 Hours
Send PM

Mi Yi CameraMi MIXMi  BunnyXiaomi 6 LaunchMi Power Bank 10000MAH Unlock MedalXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestMIUI 8MIUI 2016Mi 5s PlusMi MIXRedmi Note 4XRedmi Note 4I Love 20161 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Monthly TalkMi Live MedalMIUI 2017MIUI Weekly PollMIUI 6th AnniversaryXiaomi 6th AnniversaryRooster Year of 2017MIUI Marathon MedalMIUI S2100K Forum MembersMIUI Lucky FridayPuzzle MasterSingapore Merlion MedalSuper SundayMIUI Forum App300K Forum MembersSuper TuesdayMIUI PRocket to FutureAtaturk MourningHappy Valentine's DayAlpaca Mi Bunny Inbox ZeroScroll Of WisdomStar Of TechnologyMi TalentMIUI FollowerAndroid GuruApp TalentMIUI SuperstarMIUI ExpertAndroid ElfForum Contest LoverDebate MasterMi Lover MedalMi Story TellerTechnology Guru

Author| 11:35, May-19-2017 | From PC
|
AnshGulati replied at 2017-5-19 00:26
I Proud to say that I am using this ROM on my Mi MIX instead of MIUI which I Honestly Hate. Waiting  ...

Good to know. I'm still on last unofficial. I haven't moved on to the official yet. Because the papps original build is so good.. I'm waiting for official to settle before flashing. Are u on official?

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
Online time
25 Hours
Send PM

Mi Bluetooth SpeakerMi MIXUnlock MedalMi HeadphonesMi Power BankMi HomeXiaomi 6 LaunchMi Kids WatchMagic CubeMijia Qi CycleXiaomi 7th AnniversaryI Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 8AnTuTuFantastic!MIUI Devices Contest4 Million Forum MembersRedmi Note 4Mi Note 2Mi Max 2Mi MIXRedmi Note 3MIUI Lucky FridaySuper TuesdayPuzzle MasterFan Of MIUI Bangladesh300K Forum Members3500K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 2017Super FridayFan Of MIUI UkraineRooster Year of 201790000 Forum MembersCamera Filter Guru MedalAtaturk MourningSuper SundayMIUI Forum AppMIUI 92 Million Forum MembersHappy Singles' DayHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Font LoverMIUI Happy MedalFan Of MIUI Russia5 Million Forum App InstallsHilal Ramadan Rocket to FutureSuper ThursdaySuper WednesdayGamer Mi BunnyMiPopI Love Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewStar Wars8 Million Forum MembersApp StarMIUI ExpertSurpriseMaster Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanDebate MasterAndroid ElfScroll Of WisdomStar Of TechnologyMi TalentMIUI Medals CollectorMost Active MIUIerMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Bunny Game Master Mi Story Teller25 Million StrongTheme TalentMIUI FollowerMIUI KingMi Lover MedalOTA FeedbackTechnology GuruPioneer of MIUI English Forum Forum Contest LoverAndroid Guru

12:46, May-19-2017 | From Mi MIX
|
mirocks55 replied at 2017-5-19 09:05
Good to know. I'm still on last unofficial. I haven't moved on to the official yet. Because the pa ...

I'm on Official Nightly Builds right now and they are very stable. Waiting for the Official Stable Builds for the Mi MIX and Mi Note 2. You should try it and I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
Online time
79 Hours
Send PM

Author| 14:52, May-19-2017 | From PC
|
AnshGulati replied at 2017-5-19 12:46
I'm on Official Nightly Builds right now and they are very stable. Waiting for the Official Stable ...

Ok thanks . I'll move on to official then.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
Online time
25 Hours
Send PM

15:04, May-19-2017 | From Mi MIX
|
mirocks55 replied at 2017-5-19 12:22
Ok thanks . I'll move on to official then.

Your Welcome. Please do share your experience and feedback.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMi VRXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestHilal Ramadan Super SundaySuper TuesdayMIUI 9Rocket to FutureMIUI 2017MIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI ExpertMi Lover MedalMIUI FollowerTechnology GuruMi Bunny Game Master

17:58, May-19-2017 | From Mi MIX
|
This custom is not for me.
All of the custom futures I can use with xposed modules like a Miui tweaks pro version.
But thans for you work.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
Online time
79 Hours
Send PM

Author| 01:15, May-20-2017 | From PC
|
This post was edited by mirocks55 at 01:26, May-20-2017
AnshGulati replied at 2017-5-19 15:04
Your Welcome. Please do share your experience and feedback.

Hi AnshGulati , clean flashed latest RR nightly and its good. Strangely i couldn't find magisk, I think its removed. I still could easily root by flashing magisk manually. Its really great to see pappschlumpf as official maintainer in the about page. :) The future of RR for MIX is in very good hands. You are right. ROM is very stable. Thank you.

P.S : I think the Unofficial RR for MI Note 2 was released yesterday, but looking at the thread , there seems to be a download problem, hopefully in a couple of days it would be ok. https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-note-2/development

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
Online time
25 Hours
Send PM

00:02, May-21-2017 | From PC
|
mirocks55 replied at 2017-5-19 22:45
Hi AnshGulati , clean flashed latest RR nightly and its good. Strangely i couldn't find magisk, I t ...

Good to hear that. I know that an Unofficial Build is Available for the Mi Note 2 over at XDA, But I am waiting for the Official One.

Do remember to Update your Mi MIX manually everyday as OTA Support isn't Present in Nightlies as of yet.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list