Send PM

[Q & A] Wifi disconnects

[ Promote]
412 12 |
06:06, Feb-10-2019 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
Are there going to be any more updates to fix the bugs in miui 10, its been a while and im still stuck with wifi disconnects and its a pain in the arse. I had this issue on my first redmi note 5 and after i bought a second one the problem wasnt there until after i unlocked the bootloader and now my second one is doing it. Is xiaomi just f***ing with anyone that does things they dont like?

Favorite Share

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 5/Pro
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM

Merry ChristmasMIUI Happy MedalOreoMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI FollowerMIUI Tech Survey13 Million Forum Members

07:47, Feb-10-2019 | From Redmi Note 5
|
is it 5ghz wifi?

Credits
Device
Mi 5
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM

Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryMi Lover MedalDie-hard MIUI Fan

08:05, Feb-10-2019 | From APP
|
me too

Credits
Device
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 13:01, Feb-10-2019 | From PC
|

I disabled this on my router so it was 2.4ghz only and it still disconnected also the mobile data disconnects so it cant be anything to do with 5ghz and it does the same on my work wifi which is only 2.4Ghz. It was also fine until i unlocked the bootloader and rooted my phone.

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 5/Pro
Online time
62 Hours
Send PM
00:15, Feb-11-2019 | Via mobile
|
Probably might be an issue with the firmware.Try flashing a firmware for your RN5 or just reflash the phone using fastboot.And make sure that you are using the mi unlock tool (official method)to unlock cause there are other maybe be other unofficial methods which could cause firmware issues.

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 5/Pro
Online time
62 Hours
Send PM
00:18, Feb-11-2019 | Via mobile
|
And if it's not the unlocking method then it is probably the way you might have tried to root your device.I have a unlocked rooted RN5 as well.No issues with WiFi both on 5/2.4Ghz

Credits
Device
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 14:09, Feb-11-2019 | From Redmi Note 5
|
MASWINKISHORE replied at 2019-2-11 00:18
And if it's not the unlocking method then it is probably the way you might have tried to root your d ...

As far as I know the only working method of unlocking the bootloader in a Xiaomi device is the MI unlock tool and the way I rooted my phone was by flashing the magisk zip file in twrp.

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 5/Pro
Online time
165 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMi Band 2Mi Kids WatchMi HeadphonesXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 2016Fantastic!AnTuTuMIUI 84 Million Forum MembersMIUI Happy MedalOlympics MedalI Love 2016Fan Of MIUI BangladeshMerry ChristmasMIUI 2017MIUI Lucky FridaySuper SundaySuper TuesdayHappy New YearMiPopGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Weekly Devices QuizStar Wars5 Million Forum MembersMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI KingXiaomi 8th AnniversaryStar Of TechnologyPioneer of MIUI English Forum Updates LoverMIUI FollowerMIUI G+ FollowerAndroid GuruMi TalentDie-hard MIUI FanMi Lover MedalMaster Of TechnologyTechnology Guru

04:20, Feb-12-2019 | From Redmi Note 5
|
i had problem like that and i changed channel and now is ok

Credits
Device
Online time
4 Hours
Send PM
 Author| 07:50, Feb-12-2019 | From PC
|
ciocip81 replied at 2019-2-12 04:20
i had problem like that and i changed channel and now is ok

What does that even mean? you changed the channel? its not a television...

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
15:04, Feb-12-2019 | From Redmi Note 5
|
same probem here too, im conected to 2,4G/5G and at 15 meters of the router (without walls) start to apear the notification of WiFi disconection with the WiFi icon full

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list