Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5s Plus
Online time
179 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMi KeyMi BandMi Power BankMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi HomeMi HeadphonesMIUI 2015I Love MIUIMIUI 7Awesome!MIUI 6Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi NoteMi PadMi 5s PlusMi 4iRedmi300K Forum MembersRooster Year of 2017MIUI 4th AnniversarySingapore BirthdayMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 50 Million UsersSingapore Merlion MedalMIUI Fan From SingaporeThanksgiving Day700K Forum MembersMIUI 5th AnniversaryHappy New YearHappy Singles' Day500K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Device TeamAndroid GuruMIUI FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014Die-hard MIUI FanDebate MasterMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Photography Guru

[Tools, Tips & Tutorials] [MIUI Device Team] Solving Push notification on (Whatsapp, Facebook Messanger)

[ Promote]
110675 85 |
00:34, Aug-11-2014 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by xg3niusx at 21:16, Aug-11-2014

DearMIUI-ers,
Most of you have feedback that you can’treceive any push notification from whatsapp, Facebook, *blah blah* and so on.It happened to me too. I’ve found a solution that can fix this issue. And Ihave tested it a few time, including switching on and off my device andclearing cached data.

This fix works on Redmi 1 and Redmi notetoo.

The following steps will be shown basedon Facebook messanger (that’s what I’m using usually :p)

Step 1: Got to the phone setting and look for Apps and click on it.

Apps

Apps

Step 2: Look for downloaded tabs byswiping to the left and find the apps you need it for push notification. Asmentioned, I’ll be using Facebook messanger for this tutorial.

Scroll down to the PERMISSION tabs/windows and look for Manage PERMISSION

FB Messanger

FB Messanger

Step 3: You will need to turn on Auto start, this will make sure thatthe apps will be always running so that you can receive all the notification.

Permissions

Permissions

A message will appear, stating that it will increase power consumptionand data usage, Press ok.

Step 4: Turn off your device and turn iton and you should be able to get all the notification that you want.

Turn off

Turn off

If it does not works, you can manually open the application one time andthen do a reboot, it should work after that.

(Adde by another MIUI user @jellytelly)
If you have quite a number of apps that are not set to auto run and youwant to save time, there is another method.

Open your security app> Look for permission [the last icon in green]

The permission page has the auto start management

Under the auto start management, you can see the list of apps that areallowed to auto start. Here on my list there is no Facebook, so I am going togive Facebook app the permission to auto-start. Click add auto-start apps.

Here is the list of apps that you can add into auto-start.

Scroll to look for Facebook app, click allow.

Now the app states allowed

Go back to auto-start management page, and you can see that Facebook haspermission to auto-start.

Again, if it doesn’t work, reboot and it will work after that.
Enjoy :)
Favorite1 Share

Rated by 11 people   Experience Reason  

Warninghcg + 1 Fantastic!
ahvier + 2 Awesome!
Nazgaul + 1 Thanks!
afkakf + 1 Agreed!
mnas + 1 Thanks!
slavin23 + 1 Agreed!
alexleong + 1 Thanks!
Chinpow + 1 Thanks!
VoteNote + 1 Thanks!
RajeeV + 1 Thanks!
cisco86 + 8 Awesome!

Experience +19  View Rating Log

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5s Plus
Online time
179 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMi KeyMi BandMi Power BankMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi HomeMi HeadphonesMIUI 2015I Love MIUIMIUI 7Awesome!MIUI 6Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi NoteMi PadMi 5s PlusMi 4iRedmi300K Forum MembersRooster Year of 2017MIUI 4th AnniversarySingapore BirthdayMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 50 Million UsersSingapore Merlion MedalMIUI Fan From SingaporeThanksgiving Day700K Forum MembersMIUI 5th AnniversaryHappy New YearHappy Singles' Day500K Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Device TeamAndroid GuruMIUI FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014Die-hard MIUI FanDebate MasterMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Photography Guru

Author| 21:20, Aug-12-2014 | From PC
|
ivc88 replied at 2014-8-12 16:33
Tried everything mentioned in all threads but still the same...notifications are delayed at times >1 ...

Did you kill whatapps totally. Seem to me that you have kill the apps in the background

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5s Plus
Online time
179 Hours
Send PM

Author| 17:33, Aug-13-2014 | From PC
|
ivc88 replied at 2014-8-13 17:16
Nope...i set it to auto-start, trust the app and make it "unkillable" at the task manager but the  ...

I do not have that problem on my redmi and redmi note

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5s Plus
Online time
179 Hours
Send PM

Author| 17:59, Aug-13-2014 | From PC
|
slavin23 replied at 2014-8-13 17:41
you need to make sure that your battery setting do not kill background apps.

Security > Power > Bat ...

I using default

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5s Plus
Online time
179 Hours
Send PM

Author| 00:27, Aug-17-2014 | From PC
|

You are most welcome.

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5s Plus
Online time
179 Hours
Send PM

Author| 11:31, Aug-17-2014 | From PC
|
poran replied at 2014-8-17 05:41
what the use of having Mi3 ..... No notification for gmail, messenger, whatsapp....

I do not have all this problem at all. You mean notification light or notification count/screen

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5s Plus
Online time
179 Hours
Send PM

Author| 10:29, Aug-18-2014 | From PC
|
poran replied at 2014-8-17 22:56
i mean i never receive mail from gmail app, i have to open gmail app to get the mails

Did you disable gmail from running in the background?

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5s Plus
Online time
179 Hours
Send PM

Author| 01:17, Aug-19-2014 | From PC
|

Ok, Lets do some checking.

1st step got to setting and looking for google in general setting
image 1.png

Click one the google tabs/links
image 2.png

Select your email account that you have problem receiving the email with the the apps opening.
image 3.png

Once inside make sure that gmail is checked.
image 4.png

If all this is done and you still cant receive gmail with the apps close, open your gmail apps.

Under the email account you can find the setting make sure sync Gmail is turn on
image 5.png

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5s Plus
Online time
179 Hours
Send PM

Author| 20:21, Aug-19-2014 | From PC
|
Λrtemisia replied at 2014-8-19 13:35
Hello guys. Been using the Redmi Note for about 2 weeks now and overall I'm really happy with this p ...

Which version of redmi note OS are you running ?

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 5s Plus
Online time
179 Hours
Send PM

Author| 20:23, Aug-19-2014 | From PC
|
NAJKON17SHOP replied at 2014-8-19 14:51
Notification is not appearing properly with WhatsApp.

Mi3 with Stable ROM  KXDMIBF23.0 (V5)

I not sure what is the problem but i nv hear my friend having any of those issues on KXDMIBF23.0 (V5)you might want to tell  me more details thanks.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list