Wake,Work,Sleep All With Forum

Credits
Device
Redmi 3S Prime
Online time
560 Hours
Send PM

Mi VRXiaomi 6 LaunchMijia Qi CycleMi HomeMi Selfie StickMi VR HeadsetMi Power Bank 10000MAH Mijia VR Play 2Mi Bluetooth SpeakerMagic CubeMi Plastic In-ear PhonesMi HeadphonesMi Bluetooth HeadsetMi Kids WatchMijia Electric ScooterXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAwesome!I Love MIUIMIUI Devices ContestFantastic!MIUI 8MarshmallowMIUI 2016Redmi 3S4 Million Forum MembersMIUI Forum App1 Million Forum App InstallsSuper WednesdayFan Of MIUI BangladeshMi Live MedalSurge S1Women's Day MedalSuper FridayI Love 2016Puzzle MasterRooster Year of 2017MIUI Weekly PollHappy Valentine's Day10 Million Forum PostsFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Drawing TalentSuper TuesdayHappy New YearSuper Monday3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 20173 Million Forum MembersCamera Filter Guru MedalMIUI PHilal Ramadan 90000 Forum MembersMIUI Font LoverMIUI Happy MedalMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum MembersMIUI 9MIUI 7th Anniversary3500K Forum MembersAtaturk MourningRocket to FutureMIUI World TourSuper ThursdaySuper SundayFan Of MIUI Russia300K Forum MembersGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI Device Team2017 Annual AwardsMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMi TalentRingtone ExpertStar Of TechnologyMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI Halloween 2017Mi Lover MedalForum Contest LoverStar WarsMi Bunny Game Master Scroll Of WisdomMIUI SuperstarMost Popular Forum UserAndroid ElfMaster Of TechnologyMi Story Teller7 Million Forum MembersUpdates LoverMIUI ExpertTechnology GuruPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeDebate MasterMost Active MIUIerTheme TalentAndroid GuruMIUI FollowerDie-hard MIUI Fan

[Quick Discussion] [MIUI Quick Discussion #21] TOR Vs I2P: Which One You Prefer? And Why?

[ Promote]
25597 374 |
02:39, Jun-13-2018 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.

Greetings MIUIers,

Welcome to our new session of Quick Discussion. Our last discussion was Which Feature Do You Want Most in MIUI 10 Global ROM? Here comes another interesting discussion, "TOR Vs I2P: Which One You Prefer? and Why?" When we talk about security and privacy, there are several common acronyms that get thrown around. TOR and I2P are among those. While both of these technologies will keep you anonymous, they work in slight different ways. I2P routes traffic differently than Tor. It performs packet based routing as opposed to Tor’s circuit based routing. Both will be compared and contrasted below.

TOR

Tor encrypts all network traffic, including the next node IP address. Encrypted data passes through multiple randomly selected relays. Tor is valuable as a tool to protect the user’s privacy, but that is not its only function. The other, more infamous use for Tor is as a gateway into the Deep Web, the massive portion of the Web that is not indexed by search engines.

PROS-
  • It supports .onion sites which are impossible you to open on other existing browsers rather than Tor.
  • TOR have huge share in Deep Web and have large database of sites and dark services as compared to I2P

CONS-
  • Tor only encrypts data sent and received within the Tor Browser (or a different browser using Tor software).
  • It does not encrypt network activity for your entire system.

I2P

I2P (Invisible Internet Protocol) is a universal anonymous network layer. All communications over I2P are anonymous and end-to-end encrypted, participantsdon't reveal their real IP addresses. I2P was designed from the ground up to provide a different set of benefits. Its primary function is to be a “network within the internet,” with traffic staying contained in its borders.

PROS-
  • It is probably slightly faster than Tor Browser, if configured properly.
  • It runs from the comfort of your existing browser

CONS-
  • I2P isn’t the best tool for browsing the open web anonymously.
  • I2P only encrypts data sent and received through a configured browser.
  • It does not encrypt network activity for your entire system.

In Short

* Tor provides one with better anonymous access to the open internet
       * I2P provides one with a more robust and reliable “network within the network”

So, TOR Vs I2P: Which One You Prefer? And Why?
Sound off below in comment section.
Take a peek look at our poll and weigh in!

10-20 Best Replies will be sticked and will be rewarded with 'MIUI Quick Discussion'' medal.
Previous 10 Quick Discussions:

Special thanks to Ma'am @candicesu, @Nanana and beloved admins for their continuous supervision and encouragement. Grateful to MIUI Quick Discussion Team for their support. Also Thanks to all the viewers and participants of MIUI Quick Discussion.

TOR Vs I2P: Which One You Prefer? and Why?
Share Your Good Reason.

Single-option Poll, 998 members voted
45.19% 451
17.74% 177
32.87% 328
4.21% 42
Your User group have no permission to vote
Favorite21 Share

Rated by 16 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

hellforo + 5 Great!
Corechalton007 + 2 Great!
WOLVERINE316 + 2 Fantastic!
govindkus + 2 Thanks!
DJStatikVX + 10 + 5 Great!
aacoolie + 1 Agreed!
chgbhat + 4 Awesome!
mystique9 + 2 Great!
hearthekker + 4 Fantastic!
maks1990 + 2 Thanks!
colaus + 5 Great!
sampathmadurai + 5 Fantastic!
abhijitdevnath + 10 + 5 Fantastic!
Alfino11 + 5 Thanks!
Manish@786 + 10 + 3 Fantastic!
candicesu + 10 Fantastic!

Experience +79  Prestige +13  View Rating Log

GREETINGSWELCOME TO THE FORUMALWAYS HERE FOR FORUM

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Online time
3 Hours
Send PM
10:33, Jun-13-2018 | From Redmi 4A
|
hence ..
  I don't understand what is TOR and 12P
  so I can't prefer anything 🤔

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi MIX 2
Online time
53 Hours
Send PM

Unlock MedalMi  BunnyMijia Smart PTZ CameraMagic CubeMi Notebook AirXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8Fantastic!MIUI Devices ContestAwesome!AnTuTuFlashholicRedmi Note 4X4 Million Forum MembersMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI World TourFan Of MIUI UkraineRooster Year of 2017Super TuesdayMIUI Lucky Friday90000 Forum MembersMIUI Happy Medal3500K Forum MembersRocket to Future5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Weekly PollHappy Singles' Day10 Million Forum PostsHappy New YearMIUI 2017MIUI Forum App300K Forum MembersMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI 9MIUI Font LoverPuzzle MasterMIUI 7th AnniversaryI Love Mi BunnyMiPopSummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMi Story TellerMIUI ExpertScroll Of WisdomIndonesia Independence Day2017 Annual AwardsRingtone Expert9 Million Forum MembersNougatAndroid GuruBlack SharkSurpriseMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI SuperstarXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMIUI KingMost Active MIUIerUpdates LoverMIUI Medals CollectorTheme TalentDie-hard MIUI FanPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Halloween 2017Star WarsTechnology GuruDebate MasterMi Bunny Game Master MIUI FollowerMIUI Twitter FollowerMost Popular Forum UserAndroid ElfMi Lover MedalStar Of Technology

11:01, Jun-13-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
I've used TOR, so i prefer TOR

MIUI Device Team

ADF-01

Credits
Device
Mi Max 2
Online time
693 Hours
Send PM

Mi MIXMijia Walkie TalkieMi HeadphonesMi HomeMi ScaleMijia Smart PTZ CameraMi BoxMi TV 70Mi  BunnyMagic CubeMijia Qi CycleMi Band 2Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryFantastic!I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI Devices ContestMarshmallowFlashholicRedmi Note 4XMi 4iMIUI 100 Million UsersPuzzle MasterRocket to FutureMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 2017MIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Weekly PollFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI 7th AnniversaryHappy New YearFan Of MIUI SpainMIUI Happy MedalFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 9Super MondaySuper SundayHappy DiwaliMIUI PDiwali MIUI Lucky FridayFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI 50 Million UsersHappy Singles' DayGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamBlack SharkNougat25 Million Strong9 Million Forum MembersTechnology Guru2017 Annual AwardsSurpriseXiaomi 8th AnniversaryAndroid GuruForum Contest LoverMi Lover MedalMIUI Weekly Devices QuizUpdates LoverRingtone ExpertMaster Of TechnologyDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Medals CollectorAndroid ElfTheme TalentMIUI Halloween 2017Mr. DependableDebate MasterOTA FeedbackMIUI FollowerMIUI Device ExpertScroll Of WisdomYouth PledgeStar Of TechnologyMIUI Twitter FollowerMIUI G+ FollowerMi Story TellerMost Active MIUIerStar WarsMIUI ExpertMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat

11:03, Jun-13-2018 | From Mi Max 2
|
Prefer both of them..
Due to situation and condition, when we're talking about security..

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Online time
80 Hours
Send PM

Mi Bluetooth SpeakerMi MIXMijia Qi CycleMagic CubeXiaomi 6 LaunchMi VRMi HomeMi Band 2Unlock MedalXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAwesome!MIUI 8MIUI Devices ContestFantastic!I Love MIUIFan Of MIUI RussiaFan Of MIUI GreeceRooster Year of 2017Rocket to FutureFan Of MIUI Australia300K Forum MembersHappy New YearPuzzle MasterMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 2017MIUI PMIUI 7th AnniversaryHappy DiwaliMIUI Weekly PollMIUI Lucky FridayHappy Valentine's DayHappy Singles' DayMIUI SMIUI Happy MedalMIUI 9Super ThursdayMIUI Forum AppXiaomi 5th AnniversaryI Love Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI ReviewXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMi Story TellerStar Of Technology8 Million Forum MembersMi Bunny Game Master MIUI Halloween 20175 Million Forum MembersBlack Shark9 Million Forum MembersMIUI Weekly Devices QuizSurpriseMr. DependableMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI FollowerScroll Of WisdomMi Lover MedalMIUI KingAndroid ElfMost Popular Forum UserForum Contest LoverTechnology GuruDie-hard MIUI FanDebate MasterPioneer of MIUI English Forum Updates LoverMi Talent

11:07, Jun-13-2018 | From PC
|
If wanted to be secure, of course choose I2P which is more secure among the two!

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM

Super SundaySurpriseMIUI Weekly Devices QuizForum Contest LoverXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMi Lover Medal

11:11, Jun-13-2018 | From Mi Max 2
|
To ensure security I prefer 12P.

MIUI Resources Team

Life goes on...

Credits
Device
Mi 5
Online time
1133 Hours
Send PM

Mi ScaleMijia Smart PTZ CameraMi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi Power Bank 10000MAH Yi Action CameraMi Band 2Mi Bluetooth SpeakerXiaomi 6 LaunchMijia Walkie TalkieMi BandMijia Story TellerMi Plastic In-ear PhonesNinebot MiniMi HomeMijia Qi CycleMi  BunnyMi Selfie StickMijia Mi Bunny RobotMi Kids WatchMi Bluetooth HeadsetMi HeadphonesMagic CubeMi Notebook AirMijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi TV 70Mi BoxMijia VR Play 2Unlock MedalMi Yi CameraMi MIXMi VRXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIMIUI 8Awesome!FlashholicMIUI 7Fantastic!MarshmallowMIUI 20164 Million Forum MembersRedmi Note 2Mi 4iRedmi Note 3Mi 5Redmi 3SMi Max Redmi Note 4Happy New Year1 Million Forum App InstallsSuper TuesdayMIUI 2017Fan Of MIUI BulgariaFan Of MIUI ItalyMIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Fan from TurkeyHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Drawing TalentRooster Year of 2017Fan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI Fan From NepalPokemon Master MedalFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From IndonesiaOlympics Medal2 Million Forum MembersHappy Singles' DayMIUI Weekly PollMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI 300 WeeksMi Live MedalFan Of MIUI IndiaXiaomi 6th Anniversary1500K Forum Members2100K Forum MembersI Love 20161900K Forum MembersMIUI World TourMIUI Forum AppSuper Friday1800K Forum MembersHappy DiwaliMerry ChristmasRocket to Future100k Forum MembersMIUI Philippines Fan MeetupMIUI 9Singapore Merlion MedalHilal Ramadan 90000 Forum MembersSuper Sunday300K Forum Members3500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI UkraineMIUI 7th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI SpainMIUI P1st AnniversaryMIUI 5th AnniversaryCamera Filter Guru MedalMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI SMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI 50 Million UsersAtaturk MourningMIUI Font LoverFan Of MIUI AustraliaSuper SaturdayMIUI 20 Million UsersSuper ThursdayMIUI Happy MedalWomen's Day MedalSuper Monday3 Million Forum Members5 Million Forum App InstallsHappy Holi MedalSuper WednesdaySurge S110 Million Forum PostsPuzzle MasterMiPopGamer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewMIUI G+ FollowerApp Star9 Million Forum MembersSurpriseForum Contest LoverMi Lover MedalStar Wars5 Million Forum MembersMIUI SuperstarMIUI Quick DiscussionQuick SurveyOreoXiaomi 8th Anniversary2017 Annual AwardsBlack SharkMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Twitter Follower8 Million Forum MembersMi Talent6 Million Forum MembersMIUI Weekly Devices QuizNougatTechnology GuruDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI KingMIUI ExpertAndroid GuruHumor MasterMIUI FollowerMost Popular Forum UserYouth PledgeMIUI Ice Bucket Challenge7 Million Forum MembersMaster Of TechnologyScroll Of WisdomMi Story TellerAndroid ElfUpdates LoverMIUI FB FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Indonesia Independence Day25 Million StrongStar Of TechnologyRingtone ExpertMr. DependableMIUI Halloween 2017OTA FeedbackIndia Independence DayMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMost Active MIUIerDebate MasterMi Bunny Game Master Ringtone Star Theme Talent

11:14, Jun-13-2018 | From Mi 5
|
Well Both!

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 5 Plus
Online time
1 Hours
Send PM

MIUI S3 Million Forum Members9 Million Forum MembersSurpriseDebate MasterMIUI Weekly Devices QuizXiaomi 8th Anniversary

11:21, Jun-13-2018 | From Redmi 5 Plus
|
Don't know much

MIUI Beta Team - Global

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 4 MTK
Online time
63 Hours
Send PM

Mi ScaleMijia Smart PTZ CameraMi Bluetooth SpeakerMijia Qi CycleMi BoxMijia Story TellerUnlock MedalMi Band 2Magic CubeMi  BunnyMijia Walkie TalkieMi HeadphonesMi TV 70Mi MIXYi Action CameraMi Notebook AirMijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi Kids WatchMi Bluetooth HeadsetXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestFlashholicFantastic!I Love MIUIAwesome!Redmi Note 4300K Forum MembersHappy Singles' DayMIUI Weekly PollSuper SundayFan Of MIUI India2 Million Forum MembersMIUI 5th AnniversaryHappy Valentine's Day10 Million Forum PostsMIUI 9Women's Day MedalMIUI Fan From IndonesiaRocket to FutureMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 20175 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Happy MedalMIUI 50 Million UsersHappy DiwaliPuzzle MasterHappy New YearSurge S1MIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI PMIUI SRooster Year of 2017Merry ChristmasMIUI Lucky FridaySuper MondayGamer Mi BunnyMiPopSummer Mi BunnyQuick SurveyDie-hard MIUI FanMi TalentOreoMIUI FollowerNougatMIUI King6 Million Forum MembersXiaomi 8th AnniversaryApp StarMIUI SuperstarBlack Shark9 Million Forum MembersSurpriseMIUI FB FollowerStar Of TechnologyScroll Of Wisdom5 Million Forum Members7 Million Forum Members2017 Annual AwardsMIUI Weekly Devices QuizMIUI Halloween 2017OTA FeedbackMr. DependableForum Contest LoverRingtone ExpertAndroid GuruMi Lover MedalAndroid ElfMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatDebate MasterTheme TalentMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Quick DiscussionMIUI Twitter Follower8 Million Forum MembersIndia Independence DayMi Story TellerMIUI G+ FollowerMost Active MIUIerTechnology GuruPioneer of MIUI English Forum Star Wars

11:23, Jun-13-2018 | From Redmi Note 4X
|
For top security, 12P

Supreme Member

Credits
Device
Mi MIX
Online time
417 Hours
Send PM

Magic CubeYi Action CameraMi TV 70Mi Band 2Mi Notebook AirMi BoxMi HomeMijia Qi CycleMijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi  BunnyMi Bluetooth HeadsetMi ScaleUnlock MedalMi Kids WatchMijia Smart PTZ CameraMi MIXFlashholicFantastic!MarshmallowI Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI Devices ContestMi MIXFan Of MIUI BangladeshPuzzle Master10 Million Forum PostsMIUI 7th AnniversarySuper SundayMIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI 2017Fan Of MIUI IndiaHappy Valentine's Day5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Fan From PhilippinesRooster Year of 2017Rocket to FutureMIUI 9MIUI Lucky FridayMIUI Happy MedalSuper MondayHappy DiwaliHappy New YearDiwali Merry ChristmasFan Of MIUI SpainSurge S1MIUI SMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI PMIUI 100 Million Users2 Million Forum MembersMIUI Weekly PollMIUI 50 Million UsersFan Of MIUI GreeceHappy Singles' DayWomen's Day MedalMiPopGamer Mi BunnyMIUI SuperstarQuick SurveyNougatMIUI Weekly Devices QuizForum Contest Lover9 Million Forum MembersMi TalentBlack SharkXiaomi 8th Anniversary5 Million Forum MembersMIUI FB FollowerMIUI KingApp StarOreoSurprise8 Million Forum MembersAndroid ElfMost Active MIUIerMIUI G+ FollowerTheme TalentOTA FeedbackMIUI Halloween 2017Mr. DependableMIUI Twitter Follower2017 Annual Awards7 Million Forum MembersMIUI Medals CollectorStar WarsDie-hard MIUI Fan6 Million Forum MembersYouth PledgeMi Lover MedalStar Of TechnologyUpdates LoverMIUI FollowerTechnology GuruRedmi Quiz MasterScroll Of WisdomMi Story TellerAndroid GuruRingtone ExpertMIUI Quick DiscussionMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatDebate Master

11:24, Jun-13-2018 | From PC
|
I prefer TOR

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list