MIUI Honorary Moderator

Strawberry Shortcake

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
632 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi BoxMi KeyMi In-Ear HeadphonesAwesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 6FlashholicMi 3Redmi NoteXiaomi Mi 4500K Forum MembersMIUI 4th AnniversaryHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan From SingaporeDiwali Singapore BirthdayMIUI 50 Million UsersThanksgiving DayHappy Singles' DayMid-Autumn FestivalHappy Diwali300K Forum MembersSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyMiPopGFX TeamAndroid ElfInbox ZeroSuper ModeratorPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI Community VIPMIUI Photography GuruMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI FB FollowerUpdates LoverHumor MasterAndroid Guru

[Interview] [EXCLUSIVE] Interview with the Leader of Xiaomi Orange Friday Video Team

[ Promote]
10878 51 |
16:49, Jul-08-2014 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
I am always so inspired by Orange Friday videos and I admire how creative the design is. So @Nanana gave me the opportunity to get in touch with the team. SO, Thank you @Nanana for giving me this opportunity to interview the people behind the video scene. The group who handles the videos that we see on MIUI Youtube channel.
Please watch the video first:
Official promotional video of Xiaomi MIUI V4 (English Subtitles)

Today I am going to interview Leader of the Team, Dong Dong(冬冬).

Question 1: How many members are there in the video team and what are your roles?
There are five of us in the video team and we are in-charge of designing and producing the videos for MIUI Youtube Channel.

Question 2: Is the Orange Friday video planned and design by your team?
Nope, Orange Friday details are planned by the whole MIUI team, we will create the video with the given details. Usually it is being created on Thursday due to time constraint.  

The design of the Orange Friday would be changed every 6 weeks to give people a refreshing feel and the voice over for the videos are done by professional voice actors from the TV stations. For example, we will change the appearance of the phone, change based on the hottest topic for that period, for example, the world cup style for this period.

Question 3: Can you tell us what are the programs used to create a video each time?
Usually we will use the following 4 programs:
Adobe Photoshop - for designing
Adobe Auditions - For voice over and editing
Adobe After Effects - For animations
Cinema 4D - For 3D animations

Question 4: So what is your strength/speciality in the team?
My strength would be in the overall creativity of the video. I can draw and design but that is not a strength or speciality.
I would think that being creative with the overall design is my strength in the team.

Introducing Xiaomi MIUI V5 (HD)

Question 5: Tell us more about yourself, how long have you been with Xiaomi?
I have been with Xiaomi Since April 2012 and previously I was working with China National TV station (CCTV), doing designing and packaging. It is a similar job scoop to what I am doing now in Xiaomi.  

Question 6: What do you like most about your job?
I like the freedom that I am given.
I am able to express my ideas with no restrictions and allows me to grow my creativity.

Question 7: Which is your favorite Mi Bunny?
I like the original mi bunny! The rest of the Mi bunnies feels like the original mi bunny is just cosplaying all the time.

===================================================================================
And here is the photo of the leader of the team:

Dong Dong: Well I do not have any decent looking photos, here is one of those rare photos.

Thank you @Nanana and Dong Dong.

===================================================================================
[MIUI Interview]
Interview with the Devices Admin KateZ
Interview with helloansuman from Porting Team
Interview with Moderator sta-s2z
Interview with Nanana (THE CREATOR OF MIUI ENGLISH FORUM)
Interview with the Creator of Mi Bunny
Interview with Iluminouss, one SuperDesign Team!
Interview With a Winner MIUI Theme Resources Contest "PETRUKGRINDER"

Favorite Share

Rated by 31 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

moechsyn + 1 Awesome!
muharrem + 1 Awesome!
srspinto + 1 Awesome!
discodave + 8 Fantastic!
AntonioValent + 1 Awesome!
wam2868 + 1 Awesome!
Zonal + 5 Awesome!
115212260 + 2 Thanks!
beypeople + 1 Fantastic!