Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi
Online time
47 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!I Love MIUIMi 1Redmi NoteMIUI 50 Million UsersSingapore BirthdayMIUI Fan From SingaporeI Love Mi BunnyMIUI News TeamAndroid GuruMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum

[News] [EXCLUSIVE]: An Evening With (Redmi) Note (Singapore Fan Session) - Part I

[ Promote]
7369 26 |
23:44, Jul-03-2014 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
The Mi Bunny has spoken (while being cradled in the arms of a menacing sculpture):
mibunny_sculpture.png

"Thou shall have a powerful 5.5" smartphone at a unrivalled price of S$199!"

A much anticipated event, a few of the hard core Xiaomi fans were carefully handpicked by our awesome moderators @FoliathR and @jellytelly for an exclusive preview of the Redmi Note at Asia Square (Xiaomi SG HQ) this evening.  

phone1.png
As always, Xiaomi lives up to its slogan of superceding fans' expectations, rewarding fans' copious optimisim ("Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen") with increasingly powerpacked smartphones that get sleekier every single time. The new up and coming Redmi Note is no exception.

The Redmi Note has an almost obscene price tag, given its features:
  • True 8-core MTK 6592 1.7 GHz Processor (wonderful news for gaming folks!)
  • 5.5" High Definition IPS display
  • 3,200 mAh lithium-polymer battery
  • 13 MP rear facing camera
  • 5 MP front facing camera

In summary, it's bigger, meaner and sleeker than its predecessor, and look out for awesome reviews of the new Redmi Note by our very own MIUI news team members @sianman & @zonal!

Who's who in Xiaomi Forum (Singapore Xiaomi fans)

Xiaomi fans that were present, many of whom are active contributors to the forum themselves(@FoliathR, @samyoungct, @Dango, @backlash23, @sianman @zonal, @jellytelly), were visibly charmed by the Redmi Note, as two of the devices were being passed in turn to ~20 pairs of eager hands.

foliathr_louis.png
FoliathR and Louis demonstrating cool features on Xiaomi Note / Redmi 1s

Louis, the product manager at Xiaomi Singapore candidly shared on customizing the phone for lite mode users (e.g. for elders / young children) and 'fool-proofing' the interface with a simple mode switch. Not only is it simple to use, it's pretty eye-sight friendly too, with fonts and icons so big that you simply can't miss them! For me, it's really an option to go "Zen" on our mobile phones, and declutter from a messy app-filled screen to a few big squares that sums up my most common phone needs (Call / SMS / Camera, etc). A neat feature to try if you are looking for a quick way to declutter your mobile phone!

As it was a cosy session of around 20 fans, there were plenty of upclose and personal interaction and it was awesome to have such a huge gathering of the Singapore fan base in preparation of the momentous launch of the Redmi Note.

A cool tip on Redmi Note

Towards the end of the session, the group proceeded to the foyer to take a closer look at the Redmi Note (with more favorable lighting!:P). I don't know about you, but this hidden feature of Redmi Note had my jaw hanging; Louis demonstrated it with the dexterity and finesse of a magician doing a card trick, and it happened so fast, i had to sheepishly ask him to do it again so we could take a snapshot of it in action and share this neat trick with all you awesome Xiaomi fans!

phone_clasp.png
Louis demonstrating how to open the back cover of Mi Note

To open up the back of the Redmi Note, all you had to do is to press onto the lower middle part of the phone (slightly above the MI logo) with your thumb, and angle your finger around the clasp/hinge at the bottom and voila! The cover pops open in an instant, exposing a carefully manicured and compact interior with a powerful 3200 mAH battery that stood out in bright orange. How cool is that!

mibunny_super.png
Dressed for the Occasion; Super Mi Bunny!

Of course, as the evening drew to a close, there was a slight tussle over the super Mi Bunny, and some of us nearly got away with it, if not for the watchful eyes of @FoliathR, the official guardian of the super Mi Bunny for the night. Darn. Maybe next time.

PART II:

Favorite Share

Rated by 24 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

Apro007 + 1 Great!
alexleong + 1 Thanks!
moLTenCaLm + 5 Sad me....
cjgorgeous + 1 Great!
MacW!n + 1 Awesome!
Wavezz + 2 Awesome!
DevilishZ + 1 Great!
Z@chery + 1 Awesome!
destiiny + 5 Awesome!
xg3niusx + 1 Fantastic!
7.aaronng + 1 Awesome!
yyquest + 6 Awesome!
backlash23 + 5 Fantastic!
mDeQ + 1 Awesome!
AilsaZ + 10 + 2 Awesome!
851017william + 1 Awesome!
sianman + 5 Awesome!
Zonal + 5 Awesome!
Connect2U + 5 Awesome!
FoliathR + 10 + 3 Fantastic! No MiBunnies were stolen nor
Samyoungct + 10 + 2 Great!
riteshpawar + 5 Fantastic!
jellytelly + 10 + 2 Awesome!
だんご94 + 10 + 1 Nice coverage of today's event~

Experience +103  Prestige +10  View Rating Log

Administrator

Flashing

Credits
Device
Mi 5X
Online time
6189 Hours
Send PM

Mi MIXMi HomeAwesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 2016Fantastic!MIUI Devices ContestMi TVMIUI 50 Million UsersThanksgiving DayDiwali MIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 3rd Anniversary2014 ChristmasMIUI Fan From SingaporeFan Of MIUI RussiaMIUI 4th Anniversary1800K Forum MembersSuper SundayMIUI Fan From Nepal90000 Forum MembersMIUI Fan from TurkeyMIUI Forum AppI Love Mi Bunny2017 Annual AwardsMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatOTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum Die-hard MIUI Fan

12:00, Jul-04-2014 | From PC
|
So, who wants to get a Redmi Note now?

Supreme Member

Yours by design

Credits
Device
Mi A1
Online time
792 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxMi WiFi Router MiniMi Portable WiFiMi Power BankXiaomi 6 LaunchMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandMi KeyAwesome!FlashholicI Love MIUIMIUI 2015MIUI 7MIUI Devices ContestMIUI 6MIUI 8Fantastic!MIUI 2016Redmi Note 3Mi 4iRedmi 3Mi PadMi Note ProMi 3Mi TVRedmi 1SMi 1Mi NoteRedmi 2Mi 2Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi Note 2Redmi NoteRedmiMIUI Fan from Turkey2014 ChristmasMIUI Fan From SingaporeMid-Autumn Festival1st AnniversaryFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI Fan From IndonesiaSingapore BirthdayMIUI 4th AnniversaryHappy DiwaliDiwali Happy Singles' DayThanksgiving DayAtaturk Mourning300K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 50 Million UsersHappy New YearMIUI World Tour2100K Forum Members1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Fan from IndiaHappy Valentine's DayOlympics MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Forum AppMerry Christmas3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 9MIUI 7th AnniversaryHilal Ramadan 3500K Forum MembersMIUI 2017Surge S110 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersPokemon Master Medal1500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Bangladesh1300K Forum Members700K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From BrazilXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum MembersMIUI 5th Anniversary600K Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesXiaomi 6th Anniversary5 Million Forum Posts900K Forum Members800K Forum MembersAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMiPopGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMIUI News TeamMIUI ExpertApp StarMIUI 8th AnniversaryMr. Post the MostMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid GuruMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014Mi Bunny Game Master 2017 Annual AwardsForum Contest LoverMIUI Resources TeamRedmi Quiz MasterAndroid ElfMi TalentRingtone ExpertTechnology GuruApp TalentMi Lover MedalDebate MasterMIUI FollowerInbox ZeroHumor MasterMost Active MIUIerMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeOTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum Die-hard MIUI FanIndustrious ReporterRingtone Star Youth PledgeUpdates LoverStar Of IconsRingtone Master

08:20, Jul-04-2014 | From PC
|
This event thread should move to Singapore, since is a hand-on session in Singapore.
Great Meetup with all of you, MIUI fans!
The seating arrangement is a bit hard to chat with all of you.
Hope that future Meetup, we will have round table!

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note
Online time
125 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!I Love MIUIRedmiMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI Fan from MalaysiaI Love Mi BunnyMIUI News TeamMIUI FollowerMIUI Photography Team MemberPioneer of MIUI English Forum

00:43, Jul-04-2014 | From PC
|
Great one.. so when is Malaysia meet up?

Platinum Member

Ex MIUI Device Team Leader

Credits
Device
Mi3
Online time
446 Hours
Send PM

Mi Portable WiFiMi KeyMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power BankI Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 6Redmi NoteMi 3MIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI V5 ReviewI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMIUI Beta TeamPioneer of MIUI English Forum OTA FeedbackStar Of MIUI Device TeamMIUI FollowerAndroid GuruMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI ExpertMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat

23:52, Jul-03-2014 | From PC
|
Nice coverage of the event!!!~
Nice meeting you today~~ ^_^
I'm Dango just in case you can't regconise my username~

Comment

Christine_MI Thanks! Great meeting you too! lol! :)  23:57, Jul-03-2014

Ex MIUI Device Team Leader, Ex MIUI Beta Team. MI Fan from Singapore!
Ex MI3 Mod

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Strawberry Shortcake

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
632 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi BoxMi KeyMi In-Ear HeadphonesAwesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 6FlashholicMi 3Redmi NoteXiaomi Mi 4500K Forum MembersMIUI 4th AnniversaryHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Fan From SingaporeDiwali Singapore BirthdayMIUI 50 Million UsersThanksgiving DayHappy Singles' DayMid-Autumn FestivalHappy Diwali300K Forum MembersSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyMiPopGFX TeamAndroid ElfInbox ZeroSuper ModeratorPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI Community VIPMIUI Photography GuruMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI FB FollowerUpdates LoverHumor MasterAndroid Guru

23:54, Jul-03-2014 | From PC
|
Great write up for the event today. Looking forward to part 2. I'm sure you've have some wonderful answers from Louis that you can share with us. ~~~
It was indeed a great fan session with all the selected MIUI fans for this event.

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
Mi MIX 2
Online time
644 Hours
Send PM

Mi Portable WiFiMi Power BankMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi KeyMi BoxMi WiFi RouterMi BandMi HomeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAwesome!Fantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 6MIUI 2015MIUI 2016Redmi ProXiaomi Mi 4Mi TVMi PadMi 3RedmiMi Note ProRedmi NoteMi NoteHappy Valentine's DayRooster Year of 2017MIUI 2017300K Forum MembersMIUI 5th AnniversaryXiaomi 5th AnniversaryDiwali MIUI V5 ReviewMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From Philippines1 Million Forum MembersMIUI 50 Million UsersFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From Singapore1st AnniversarySingapore BirthdayMIUI World TourHappy DiwaliAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamYouth PledgeMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeOTA FeedbackDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI ExpertHumor MasterStar Of MIUI Device TeamMost Active MIUIer

00:10, Jul-04-2014 | From PC
|
Nice review and meet up.

All I saw is there are so many fans trying to strip of Mi Bunny's costume..

Comment

Christine_MI hahahhaa!! :P  19:25, Jul-04-2014

MIUI Beta Team - Global

Credits
Device
Mi Max 2
Online time
288 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi BandMi Band 2Mi BoxMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power BankMagic CubeMi TV 70Mi Power StripMi  BunnyYeelight Bedside LampMi T-ShirtMi Bluetooth HeadsetNinebot MiniUnlock MedalMijia Story TellerMi HeadphonesMi HomeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUIFantastic!MIUI 7FlashholicMIUI 2015MIUI 8Awesome!MIUI 2016AnTuTuMi TVRedmi Note 3Redmi NoteMi 3Mi 1Redmi Note 24 Million Forum MembersRedmi1 Million Forum Members800K Forum Members5 Million Forum Posts1300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From VietnamDiwali MIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 50 Million UsersSuper SundayMIUI Fan From IndonesiaPuzzle Master1st AnniversaryMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 4th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI India300K Forum MembersMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI V5 ReviewFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Hilal Ramadan Xiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from TurkeyHappy Valentine's DayHappy Holi MedalMIUI Fan From NepalHappy New YearMIUI 2017I Love 2016MIUI 100 Million UsersMerry ChristmasRocket to FutureMIUI Forum AppMIUI 9MIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI Happy MedalRooster Year of 20173500K Forum MembersSuper WednesdayMIUI 300 WeeksSuper MondayMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI Lucky FridayFan Of MIUI BangladeshFan Of MIUI Italy1900K Forum Members1400K Forum MembersHappy Diwali1700K Forum MembersMIUI World TourMi Live MedalMIUI Weekly PollGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMiPopI Love Mi BunnyMIUI ReviewMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Device TeamHeart to HeartMIUI Weekly Devices QuizNougat13 Million Forum MembersStar WarsPOCO F1Mi DropMIUI 8th Anniversary9 Million Forum MembersMIUI Halloween 2017MIUI Quick Discussion2017 Annual Awards7 Million Forum MembersSurpriseMIUI Superstar25 Million StrongMaster Of TechnologyXiaomi 8th AnniversaryMi Story TellerOTA FeedbackMIUI FB FollowerMIUI KingDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Global Forum 2014Redmi Note 5A/PrimeMi Lover MedalDebate MasterScroll Of WisdomStar Of TechnologyTechnology GuruMIUI ExpertForum Contest LoverMIUI FollowerMi TalentMi Bunny Game Master Android GuruPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Medals CollectorAndroid ElfYouth PledgeMost Active MIUIerIndia Independence DayMIUI Android 4.4 KitKat

00:12, Jul-04-2014 | From PC
|
I'll be damned ... I won an invite and had to give it away as my company transferred me to another country at the last minute. I was so damn excited when FoliathR PMed me that I was one of the lucky winners to come for the event.

Extremely sorry SG team I was unable to make it as I was transferred back to India and now heading to Geneva for an assignment. But I promise you the next event I am going to make it .. Hook or by Crook.

BTW what all goodies did the 20 lucky event participants get besides being at the event ? Did I miss out anything else ?? Do let me know !!
http://en.miui.com/?fromuid=233748238

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
Others
Online time
118 Hours
Send PM

MIUI 6Redmi NoteMIUI 4th AnniversaryMid-Autumn FestivalHappy DiwaliSingapore BirthdayMIUI Fan From SingaporeGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopInbox ZeroAndroid ElfMIUI Follower

00:26, Jul-04-2014 | From PC
|
Great coverage! Really glad all of you were so enthusiastic playing with the Redmi Note (and the MiBunny)! Hope you all have had your questions answered!

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
Redmi Note
Online time
257 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxMi KeyAwesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 6Redmi NoteMi TVMi 3MIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan from MalaysiaFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Fan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 4th AnniversaryHilal Ramadan Singapore BirthdayMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 100 Million UsersMid-Autumn FestivalHappy DiwaliMIUI V5 ReviewHappy Singles' DaySummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI News TeamMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Global Forum 2014Best ArticleMIUI FollowerMr. DependableStar MIUI News Team MemberPioneer of MIUI English Forum Die-hard MIUI Fan

00:51, Jul-04-2014 | From PC
|
I only managed to touch MiBunny's head!!!!

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Mi 1S
Online time
32 Hours
Send PM

MIUI Fan From Singapore

10:55, Jul-04-2014 | From PC
|
Status photo taken @ Asia Square 1 building??

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list