MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
Mi 4c
Online time
622 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMi WiFi Router MiniMi Power BankMi Band 2Mi KeyMi BandNinebot MiniMi Portable WiFiMi HomeMi BoxXiaomi 6 LaunchMi VRMIUI 6MIUI 2015I Love MIUIAwesome!Fantastic!MIUI 7MIUI 2016MIUI 8FlashholicMi 3Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi NoteMi 4iRedmi 2Mi TVRedmiMi PadMid-Autumn Festival1st AnniversaryHappy Diwali300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 4th AnniversarySingapore BirthdayHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan From PhilippinesAtaturk MourningMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI V5 ReviewDiwali UEFA EURO Medal500K Forum Members700K Forum Members1500K Forum Members2014 ChristmasMerry ChristmasThanksgiving Day600K Forum MembersMIUI 5th AnniversaryHappy Valentine's Day800K Forum Members900K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Forum AppMIUI Fan from Turkey3500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI AustraliaSuper TuesdayMIUI 20172100K Forum MembersMIUI World TourMiPopGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMIUI News TeamMi TalentHappy 2019MIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi Lover MedalAndroid GuruTechnology GuruMIUI KingMIUI Photography Classroom TeacherMr. DependableStar Of IconsDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Photography Team MemberOTA FeedbackUpdates LoverScroll Of WisdomInbox ZeroForum Contest LoverYouth PledgeMIUI Global Forum 2014Mr. Post the MostStar MIUI News Team MemberHumor MasterMIUI FB FollowerDebate MasterMIUI ExpertMIUI Photography GuruBest ArticleMIUI FollowerStar Of MIUI Device TeamIndustrious ReporterMIUI Device ExpertPioneer of MIUI English Forum

[Tools, Tips & Tutorials] [MIUI Device Team] Testing the MiKey functionalities without the MiKey

[ Promote]
10654 41 |
11:10, Jun-12-2014 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by allakazoo at 12:13, Jun-12-2014

Testing the MiKey functionalities without the MiKey

MiKey

MiKey

If you are like me, the unfortunate few people here in this forum who still do not have a MiKey, you can stop waiting till your neck becomes longer than the giraffe. This morning, a weird idea came to mind and after some simple testing, I've found a way to use the functionalities of the MiKey! It is kinda expensive though, because you will need a pair of Mi Earphones, which in Singapore costs more than $20 shipped. Example this,

MiEarphones

MiEarphones

But, if you already have the earphones, why not give a shot and have some fun?

First, you will need to download the MiKey app from Xiaomi Market. Installing it onto my Mi3 was a breeze. That's if you understand chinese. :) If not, you can install this version, but the app is an older version 1.5.2 and your phone will prompt you to update. Don't or you will get the chinese version and you are back to square one. Anyway, once installed, you will see this icon.

MiKeyIcon

MiKeyIcon
and you are all set!

Plug in your Mi Earphones and instead of the usual headphones plugged in message, it now asks you for what you have plugged into the 3.5mm jack.

Question

Question

Tap on MiKey(米键) and have some MiKey fun! I have mine set up for camera and torchlight. There are 3 buttons on your MiEarphones. Use this one to simulate the MiKey.

Button

Button

A short note about taking photos with the MiKey. It does not activate the camera app and shoots almost instantly (slight lag). Imagine how cool that is, you can be a spy sitting by the roadside cafe, pretending to be listening to your favourite music, when in fact you are taking photos of the couple at the next table having a secret meeting! Another thing I have to let you know though, when you select MiKey as the device plugged into your phone, you will not be able to listen to music through the Earphones, effectively making it a giant MiKey.  

ps. Those of you who have a Samsung or Apple earphones, can try to see if it works too!

Favorite4 Share

Comment

helloansuman Latest Mi key in Eng: http://en.miui.com/thread-24180-1-1.html  00:08, Jun-13-2014

Rated by 21 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

swastikswaroop + 5
齐天米粉 + 2 Thanks!
Wan.Mi4 + 1 Fantastic!
Be6i4 + 5 Thanks!
v1ctorong + 5 Awesome!
Sidm92 + 10 Awesome!
Nayakobi + 1 Agreed!
alexa393 + 2 Awesome!
channzone + 1 Awesome!
The8curtains + 5 Fantastic!
benjo_ben + 1 Thanks for sharing
lwaihoe + 1 Great discovery!
ZeroCool1974 + 1 Great!
EviLution + 10 + 1 Awesome!
griever27 + 1 Agreed!
sianman + 5 Awesome!
helloansuman + 5 lovely wired mind like me...
Samyoungct + 5 Awesome!
Blackpanther78 + 1 Thanks!
ATP:RedRice + 5 Great!
Glennnugraha + 5 Great!

Experience +77  Prestige +1  View Rating Log

MIUI Honorary Moderator

ReBorn!

Credits
Device
Others
Online time
653 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi BoxMi KeyAwesome!MIUI 6I Love MIUIMIUI 20154 Million Forum MembersRedmi NoteMi TVMi 3MIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 30 Million UsersMIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan from India300K Forum MembersMIUI 9Diwali Singapore BirthdayHilal Ramadan MIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI 3rd AnniversaryMIUI Fan From Singapore90000 Forum MembersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 50 Million Users100k Forum MembersHappy DiwaliFan MIUI Philippines2014 ChristmasMIUI Fan from Turkey1 Million Forum MembersFan Of  MIUI Azerbaijan700K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From Brazil1400K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI IndiaThanksgiving Day3500K Forum MembersHappy Singles' DayMIUI 7th AnniversaryMIUI 2017I Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyGFX TeamMIUI News TeamMIUI Wallpaper Contest8 Million Forum MembersTechnology GuruMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Medals CollectorAndroid GuruSuper ModeratorForum Contest LoverMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Community VIPHumor MasterYouth PledgeDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Global Forum 2014OTA FeedbackInbox ZeroMIUI Photography GuruMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Expert

15:36, Jun-12-2014 | From PC
|
This post was edited by MikaDee at 16:04, Jun-12-2014

Hey hey hey, actually I had tried this already using a earphone since its the same 3.5m jack.
What I did was I dont have bluetooth shutter for monopod so wired the Piston earbud to the pod and use it as the clicker since it can extend until the pod rod so its easy to take selfies now. haha

PS: I dont have the monopod now but I replicate how it looks for you to picture out. :)

Supreme Member

Credits
Device
Redmi Note
Online time
672 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!I Love MIUIMIUI 6Mi 2RedmiRedmi Note300K Forum Members1st AnniversaryMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI Fan From SingaporeI Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny MIUI Device TeamAndroid GuruMIUI ExpertMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatTechnology GuruMIUI Device ExpertMIUI Photography GuruStar Of MIUI Device TeamMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum Humor MasterMIUI Photography Team MemberApp StarMIUI SuperstarRedmi Quiz MasterMaster Of Technology

11:21, Jun-12-2014 | From PC
|
Interesting tutorial! Try this guys!

Elite Member

Credits
Device
Mi 2
Online time
304 Hours
Send PM

Mi In-Ear HeadphonesMi KeyMi BandMi BoxMi Power BankMIUI 6I Love MIUIFlashholicAwesome!MIUI 2015Fantastic!MIUI 7Mi 3Redmi NoteXiaomi Mi 4Mi 4cRedmiMi 2Hilal Ramadan MIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu Singapore BirthdayXiaomi 6th AnniversaryMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI Fan from MalaysiaFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMIUI Fan from IndiaMid-Autumn FestivalHappy DiwaliHappy Singles' DayMIUI Fan from TurkeyThanksgiving Day300K Forum Members2014 Christmas700K Forum MembersSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Gamer Mi BunnyMIUI News TeamGFX TeamMi Bunny Game Master Android GuruMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI ExpertMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Global Forum 2014Forum Contest LoverOTA FeedbackUpdates LoverMaster Of TechnologyMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeStar Of IconsHumor MasterMost Active MIUIerMIUI Medals CollectorDie-hard MIUI FanPioneer of MIUI English Forum Inbox ZeroRingtone Star Youth PledgeMIUI Follower

11:28, Jun-12-2014 | From PC
|
NIce turtor buddy..

MIUI Beta Team - China

Credits
Device
Mi Max 64GB
Online time
254 Hours
Send PM

Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8Mi PadMi Max Scroll Of Wisdom

13:59, Jun-12-2014 | From PC
|
Interesting. thanks.

MIUI Honorary Moderator

Credits
Device
Mi MIX 2
Online time
644 Hours
Send PM

Mi Portable WiFiMi Power BankMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi KeyMi BoxMi WiFi RouterMi BandMi HomeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryAwesome!Fantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 6MIUI 2015MIUI 2016Redmi ProXiaomi Mi 4Mi TVMi PadMi 3RedmiMi Note ProRedmi NoteMi NoteHappy Valentine's DayRooster Year of 2017MIUI 2017300K Forum MembersMIUI 5th AnniversaryXiaomi 5th AnniversaryDiwali MIUI V5 ReviewMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From Philippines1 Million Forum MembersMIUI 50 Million UsersFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI 4th AnniversaryMIUI Fan From Singapore1st AnniversarySingapore BirthdayMIUI World TourHappy DiwaliAlpaca Mi Bunny MiPopSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamYouth PledgeMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeOTA FeedbackDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI Global Forum 2014MIUI FB FollowerForum Contest LoverPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI ExpertHumor MasterStar Of MIUI Device TeamMost Active MIUIer

14:22, Jun-12-2014 | From PC
|
Awesome buddy!! lolz, never though of that, earphone can works as MiKey..

Can be a private detective snapping pictures now

Supreme Member

www.lucrativephotography.com

Credits
Device
Mi 6
Online time
2929 Hours
Send PM

Mi KeyMi Portable WiFiMi BoxMi BandMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi Power BankMi Power Bank 10000MAH Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryFantastic!MIUI 2015FlashholicI Love MIUIMIUI 6Awesome!MIUI 8Mi TVRedmiRedmi 1SMi 3Redmi NoteXiaomi Mi 4Mi 5MIUI 50 Million Users1400K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From Singapore1700K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI 30 Million Users100k Forum MembersMIUI English Forum 2013MIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI India1st AnniversaryMi Live MedalFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu 300K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesMid-Autumn FestivalHilal Ramadan MIUI Fan from IndiaSingapore BirthdayMIUI Fan from TurkeyFan Of MIUI BangladeshFan Of  MIUI AzerbaijanMIUI 4th AnniversaryHappy Valentine's DayThanksgiving DayOlympics MedalAtaturk MourningMIUI 300 WeeksPokemon Master MedalDiwali MIUI 100 Million UsersHappy DiwaliHappy Singles' DaySummer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMIUI Porting TeamMIUI Device TeamMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid GuruMost Active MIUIerMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeForum Contest LoverMIUI FB FollowerInbox ZeroYouth PledgeDie-hard MIUI FanOTA FeedbackMIUI Global Forum 2014Most Productive Porting DeveloperRedmi Note 3 ExplorerMi Lover MedalAndroid ElfSuper MIUI ThemeMost Popular Porting DeveloperMIUI Medals CollectorRingtone Star Technology GuruMaster Of TechnologyStar Of IconsMIUI ExpertListed in Official Download PageStar Of TechnologyMIUI Community VIPRecognized MIUI Porting DevPioneer of MIUI English Forum Humor MasterUpdates LoverMIUI Follower

14:24, Jun-12-2014 | From PC
|
This post was edited by helloansuman at 12:47, Jun-13-2014

I will try it this evening.
Edit: Checked and its working great on my MI3. Thanks for this great idea.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi MIX 2
Online time
84 Hours
Send PM

Mi MIXAwesome!I Love MIUIFantastic!Mi 3MIUI 50 Million UsersRocket to FutureMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 9I Love Mi BunnyPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI FollowerAndroid GuruMi Lover MedalMIUI Halloween 2017Youth PledgeMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi MIX 2

14:25, Jun-12-2014 | Via mobile
|
thanks for tip!

Supreme Member

Yours by design

Credits
Device
Mi A1
Online time
792 Hours
Send PM

Mi BoxMi WiFi Router MiniMi Portable WiFiMi Power BankXiaomi 6 LaunchMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandMi KeyAwesome!FlashholicI Love MIUIMIUI 2015MIUI 7MIUI Devices ContestMIUI 6MIUI 8Fantastic!MIUI 2016Redmi Note 3Mi 4iRedmi 3Mi PadMi Note ProMi 3Mi TVRedmi 1SMi 1Mi NoteRedmi 2Mi 2Xiaomi Mi 4Redmi Note 2Redmi NoteRedmiMIUI Fan from Turkey2014 ChristmasMIUI Fan From SingaporeMid-Autumn Festival1st AnniversaryFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI Fan From IndonesiaSingapore BirthdayMIUI 4th AnniversaryHappy DiwaliDiwali Happy Singles' DayThanksgiving DayAtaturk Mourning300K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI 50 Million UsersHappy New YearMIUI World Tour2100K Forum Members1 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Fan from IndiaHappy Valentine's DayOlympics MedalMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI Forum AppMerry Christmas3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 9MIUI 7th AnniversaryHilal Ramadan 3500K Forum MembersMIUI 2017Surge S110 Million Forum Posts3 Million Forum MembersPokemon Master Medal1500K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI Bangladesh1300K Forum Members700K Forum MembersMIUI Fan From BrazilXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI 100 Million Users500K Forum MembersMIUI 5th Anniversary600K Forum Members1 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesXiaomi 6th Anniversary5 Million Forum Posts900K Forum Members800K Forum MembersAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMiPopGamer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMIUI News TeamMIUI ExpertApp StarMIUI 8th AnniversaryMr. Post the MostMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatAndroid GuruMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Global Forum 2014Mi Bunny Game Master 2017 Annual AwardsForum Contest LoverMIUI Resources TeamRedmi Quiz MasterAndroid ElfMi TalentRingtone ExpertTechnology GuruApp TalentMi Lover MedalDebate MasterMIUI FollowerInbox ZeroHumor MasterMost Active MIUIerMIUI Ice Bucket ChallengeOTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum Die-hard MIUI FanIndustrious ReporterRingtone Star Youth PledgeUpdates LoverStar Of IconsRingtone Master

14:48, Jun-12-2014 | From PC
|
Nice tricks you got there...

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi
Online time
23 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIRedmiMi 3MIUI 50 Million UsersMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI V5 ReviewMIUI Fan From SingaporeI Love Mi BunnyMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI FollowerPioneer of MIUI English Forum OTA FeedbackAndroid Guru

14:51, Jun-12-2014 | From PC
|
wow thanks for sharing! didnt know it can also work this way!

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list