Author: blacksgsii2012

Platinum Member

Credits
Device
Mi 3
Online time
218 Hours
Send PM

Mi BandMi Power BankFantastic!I Love MIUIMIUI 6Mi 3MIUI Fan From Indonesia500K Forum MembersMIUI V5 ReviewThanksgiving DayMIUI 4th Anniversary2014 ChristmasI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyMIUI Beta TeamMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatOTA FeedbackMIUI Medals CollectorMIUI Global Forum 2014Android GuruMIUI Follower

23:35, Jun-19-2014 | From PC
|
Default QR Codes  are working with the camera.
Google Auth app needs  this App to get the  qr code working:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.zxing.client.android
Workaround for the bug:

1. Install the above app (Barcode Scanner)
2. In Google Auth app:
-  Select "Scan a barcode"
-  Select the  previously  installed app, NOT the  Miui Camera app
- Scan the QR Code from the Google Website
3.  The  app should now  Say " You're all set"

Tested today  on  Mi3 with latest  dev rom.

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi
Online time
18 Hours
Send PM

Awesome!MIUI 6I Love MIUIMi 3Redmi NoteMIUI Fan From SingaporeMIUI Fan from MalaysiaMIUI Fan From IndonesiaFan Of MIUI Ex-Yu MIUI V5 ReviewFan Of MIUI IndiaMIUI Fan from IndiaI Love Mi BunnyPioneer of MIUI English Forum MIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMost Active MIUIerMIUI Follower

Author| 20:19, Jul-14-2014 | From PC
|
yup this work around is working...

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 1S
Online time
56 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIMIUI 4th Anniversary

22:53, Sep-28-2014 | From PC
|
Bitti replied at 2014-6-19 23:35
Default QR Codes  are working with the camera.
Google Auth app needs  this App to get the  qr code w ...

Thanks a million for this fix!

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Redmi 1S
Online time
74 Hours
Send PM

I Love MIUIRedmiRedmi 1SMIUI 4th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI IndiaAndroid GuruMIUI FollowerHumor Master

05:24, Nov-05-2014 | From PC
|
thank u

Credits
Device
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
01:38, Jun-14-2015 | From PC
|
I am facing the same issues and I have solved it.
When you have your phone reset and/or where Xiaomi Authenticator will be malfunction, I have been trying logon from my phone. Tried many times still not working with my Xiaomi Authenticator QR scanner.

So I tried logon by using my PC, at the beginning, it's the same and I skip the Xiaomi Authenticator code. Thus, I use my phone code (choose signing in with Xiaomi sending code to my registered mobile no.).

After I successfully sign-in to my Xiaomi account. I choose to remove and reset up my Xiaomi Authenticator. And I have everything working as normal now.

Good luck.

Credits
Device
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
01:40, Jun-14-2015 | From PC
|
You need to have your mobile number and email address registered on Xiaomi security page.

Diamond Member

Credits
Device
Mi 4i
Online time
67 Hours
Send PM

Mi Notebook AirUnlock MedalMagic CubeMi Band 2Fantastic!I Love MIUIAwesome!MIUI 2016MIUI 7Xiaomi Mi 4MIUI Fan From IndonesiaMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI PThanksgiving DayMIUI Fan from TurkeyMerry Christmas10 Million Forum Posts1 Million Forum Members5 Million Forum App Installs900K Forum MembersMIUI 300 WeeksMIUI Forum App1800K Forum MembersMIUI 2017Olympics MedalHappy DiwaliRocket to FutureMIUI Fan From BrazilMIUI 6th AnniversaryI Love Mi BunnyAlpaca Mi Bunny Summer Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyDie-hard MIUI FanMi Bunny Game Master OreoSurpriseMIUI FollowerForum Contest LoverOTA FeedbackWallpaper ExpertMIUI Medals CollectorMi Lover MedalMi Talent2017 Annual AwardsAndroid ElfAndroid GuruYouth PledgeRingtone Star Inbox ZeroDebate Master

08:45, Jan-19-2016 | From PC
|
blacksgsii2012 replied at 2014-4-16 21:10
anyone encounter the same error?

YES, i have the same problem

Credits
Device
Online time
2 Hours
Send PM
22:40, Sep-17-2016 | From PC
|
This post was edited by hansaplast at 22:44, Sep-17-2016

I have the same issue on my mi5, also the image looks like it has not the right proportions (narrow image).

I solved it by installing QR & Barcode Scanner from the Play Store and scanning the barcode with this app directly (not over google authenticator), then open the url and Google Auth adds it as a new account.

If you need to add many accounts at once you first need to "add account" first in Google Authenticator and let it fail while scanning the barcode before you can add the account via the QR & Barcode Scanner app next.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list