Supreme Member

Redmi 1s Owner

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
1185 Hours
Send PM

Mi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi USB FanMi WiFi RouterMi T-ShirtMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandMagic CubeMi WiFi Router MiniMi Bluetooth HeadsetMi Yi CameraMijia Story TellerMi Selfie LightMi Power StripMijia PenXiaomi 6 LaunchMi Notebook AirMi VR HeadsetMi Kids WatchMi HomeMijia IHP Rice CookerUnlock MedalMi Band 2Mi Power BankMi LED LightMi Power Bank 10000MAH Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryFlashholicFantastic!Awesome!AnTuTuMIUI 6MIUI 7MIUI Devices ContestMIUI 2015MIUI 2016I Love MIUIMarshmallowMIUI 8Redmi Note 3Mi TVRedmi 1SRedmi Note 2Redmi Note 4Mi PadRedmi 3SMi 4iMi 4cRedmi 2Pokemon Master Medal5 Million Forum PostsXiaomi 6th Anniversary1300K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI GreeceUEFA EURO Medal900K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeFan Of MIUI IndiaHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 100 Million UsersSuper SundayWomen's Day Medal800K Forum Members700K Forum MembersHappy New Year1 Million Forum MembersMerry ChristmasDiwali MIUI 5th AnniversaryThanksgiving DayXiaomi 5th AnniversaryHilal Ramadan Super ThursdayI Love 2016Surge S11 Million Forum App Installs3 Million Forum MembersMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI Happy MedalMIUI World TourRocket to Future300K Forum Members5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI 2017MIUI Device Mythbusters3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Lucky FridaySuper MondaySuper TuesdaySuper FridayMIUI Monthly TalkRooster Year of 201710 Million Forum PostsPuzzle MasterMIUI Weekly Poll1900K Forum MembersMi Live Medal1500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from Malaysia1800K Forum MembersMIUI 300 Weeks1700K Forum Members1400K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppSuper SaturdayMIUI 9Happy DiwaliMalaysia AnniversaryOlympics Medal3500K Forum MembersAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMiPopGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMIUI Beta Team9 Million Forum MembersXiaomi 8th Anniversary2017 Annual AwardsMost Popular Forum UserAndroid ElfMi TalentMIUI Medals CollectorMi Bunny Game Master Star WarsMIUI Weekly Devices QuizYouth Pledge5 Million Forum MembersMIUI FollowerSuper ModeratorWallpaper ExpertMi Story TellerMaster Of TechnologyApp TalentAndroid GuruTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalRedmi Note 5/ProMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Wallpaper ContestMr. DependableStar Of IconsStar Of TechnologyInbox ZeroMIUI Device ExpertDie-hard MIUI FanScroll Of WisdomForum Contest LoverMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI FB FollowerMIUI ExpertDebate MasterPioneer of MIUI English Forum Ringtone Star Humor MasterMIUI King

[Reviews] [MIUI Device Team] CM13 Review for Redmi 1s

[ Promote]
15443 274 |
10:08, Nov-18-2015 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by BharatG at 08:59, Nov-18-2015

Hey Guys,

Its been more than a week now that the CM13 for Redmi 1s has been released.
The download link for the ROM is
  Please reply to view this thread.

and for the Compatible Gapps Package is

So for the first looks... the Android Marshmallow has a good smooth interface.
Screenshot_20151117-223313.png    Screenshot_20151117-223322.png

Both Sims are working and data works on both Sims as well

Unlike Lollipop the Dialer has no lag whatsoever.  You can see it in the video for the network settings bug. The dialer is very smooth.

Tempratures are a little uncontrolled while using heavy Apps Chrome etc.
Screenshot_20151117-223530.png
With only messenger usage the tempratures seemed to be well under control
Screenshot_20151117-215001.png

A Brilliant thing I noticed was the Screen wake on notification is black and white and gives a very elegant look to the phone. I tried capturing it using another phone, but the feel in Real is not the same as in the Picture.
IMG_20151117_220915.jpg

Credits for the Video @AndroidFuchs , @sudd1976  , @ghanshyamshinde
Since the operating system is very new, there are apps that do not work properly or do not work at all.

Camera:
The camera is good.
for Comparison these are the photos of the same thing taken during night time to check on the clarity and flash strength etc.
One of the pictures is taken on the MIUI v5 Camera app and the other one is taken on the stock CM13 camera app.
Lets see if you can find which is which!
IMG_20151117_213304.jpg       IMG_20151117_213324.jpg

Well let me disclose it for you.
The one on the left is the one from MIUI v5 Camera app and the one on the right is from the Stock CM13 camera.
I've attached the pics in zip format for you guys to look into the details.

Music:
The Music app has some UI advances from the CM12.1 (the last one I used was long back, so i guess these UI changes have been incorporated in Cm12.1 as well)
The sound clarity is great on the Apple earpods.
Playing Lossless music with Hip Hop as the equalizer setting with Full Bass Boost, and guess what?? There no cracking of sound on the headphones.
Screenshot_20151117-223635.png     Screenshot_20151117-223642.png     Screenshot_20151117-223910.png

But just like in MIUI the Volume Buttons on the Apple earpods don't work.
What works is Double Click on the button for next track, Triple Click for Previous Track, Single Click for Pause and Play.

Antutu Benchmarks:
Running the Antutu Benchmark App
What i noticed was the FPS for a 1280x720 3D rendering ranged from 1.8fps to 12 fps depending on the detail level of the scene
The Final Score is 21k+ (Screenshot attached)
Screenshot_20151117-115132.png    Screenshot_20151117-115139.png    Screenshot_20151117-115154.png

The Google Play Store interface looks different as well
Screenshot_20151117-125223.png

RAM:
The Free RAM with No Apps Installed
Screenshot_20151117-113142.png
With General Google Apps and some Messengers installed
Screenshot_20151117-215204.png

Battery:
Now for Battery Life
Phone Fully Charged at 3:22 PM
Screenshot_20151117-152235.png

At 9:28 PM the Battery use is as follows (Considering 2.5 Hours the Phone was without network on the Primary SIM, But apart from that 3G was ON Fulltime)
Screenshot_20151117-212856.png    Screenshot_20151117-212903.png

At 11:54 after using the phone continously for making the review videos and checking it out
I get close to 2 hours of Screen ON time for a battery drain of 52%.
Extrapolating based on these stats I can say that this ROM would give close to 4 Hours SOT, which is impressive.

Screenshot_20151117-235820.png     Screenshot_20151117-235826.png

Now for something that we have all been looking out for
The Doze Mode!

What is Doze Mode?
According to a post on androidcentral
You won't have to do anything to use the new Doze feature. There are no switches or settings you need to toggle, and once you've updated to Marshmallow it just works. That is, when it's supposed to work.

And that's the thing. You won't see any benefit from Doze while your phone is in your pocket and you're working or at school. Things need to be idle, and that means really idle.

For Doze to kick in, your phone needs to be sitting still with the screen off, and not connected to a charger. That means no moving around and nudging the gyro or other motion sensors, no touching the screen or the buttons and no waving your hand around in front of it if you're using a phone like the new phones from Motorola that have motion detection on the front bezel. Set it down, and leave it alone.

So to test this.. I charged my phone completely (Screenshot below) and then just let it be on WiFi
Screenshot_20151118-021410.png

I went to sleep
Now since there no indication whatsoever for the doze mode.
All there is to decipher its usefullness is the battery that you wake up with in the morning
So heres the screenshot for the battery use overnight without the phone being touched.
Screenshot_20151118-070513.png

If you see for a 2000mAh battery if the graph shows that the battery will last 2 days on wifi.. its commendable! Right?
But if u see the time for which the doze mode was on, its around 15 mins less than 5 hours or so. So waking up to 88% battery seems to be fairly decent.

Please let me know what happens to your phones in the same situation on MIUI. It would be interesting to understand where MIUI stands on this feautre. Personally I fell MIUI is not far behind.
There will be a difference but I feel it should be only marginal.

System Tuner:

A Feature that is added to CM13 is the System Tuner.
For those using MIUI this feature would not be something out of the blue for you.
To enable this, Long press on the Settings button in the notification shade
Now got Settings and scroll all the way down to find System Tuner

Upon entering theres a notice displayed
Screenshot_20151118-083442.png

Inside you will find
Screenshot_20151118-083521.png

The quick settings is basically the Toggles that are visible on the toggle page (two finger swipe down)
and the Status bar settings encapsulates the icons that will be visible on the status bar.

Another Interesting Feature that I noticed was under Developer Options
Screenshot_20151118-085041.png

The USB Configuration setting now has 3 More options.
Tried using Audio Source, but I think it will work only with USB Speakers or a USB Device that can be a Audio Sink
Haven't tried MIDI or RNDIS. Will update on this later

Bugs Noticed So Far:
1. Cannot Change Mobile Network Settings and Cannot Switch from 3G mode on First sim to 2G

2. Going into Battery Light Setting makes it Crash

3. Going into the App Notifications Settings makes it Crash

4. Cannot Apply CM12 themes on CM13. System UI Crashes

5. Text Overlap with center clock when too many toggles are ON
Screenshot_20151118-083647.png

5. The OPtion to integrate the text inside the battery symbol when charging doesn't work

Verdict:-

• Good For Regular Use: If you generally stay in places where 3G coverage is there then you should have no problems, otherwise a work around is that you switch the sim card, on which you expect calls and sms, onto the second sim slot.
  • Smooth and Minimal Lag on Heavy Applications
  • UI Similar to Lollipop but less laggy.

So This wraps up my review.. I'll keep adding stuff as I come across it!!
Hope this review gives you a clean insight of the CM13 features for a regular Daily use.

Favorite4 Share

Rated by 31 people   Experience Prestige Reason  

sa.1985 + 2 Great!
yovan_jiawan + 1 Great!
Dasari5 + 1 Great!
RahulDoliaJ + 5 Awesome!
namchester + 1 Awesome!
samtinglong + 1 Awesome!
xamno + 1 Fantastic!
y.lallu + 5 Superb!
LuvMI1s + 1 Agreed!
techgreed + 5 Awesome!
chai23 + 1 Thanks!
the_mave_rick + 1 Thanks!
Veethahavya + 5
Simran + 5 Awesome!
Abhra + 5 Thanks!
eghigabred + 5 Fantastic!
Abduloo7 + 5 Fantastic!
Doraha_Raman + 10 + 3 Fantastic!
ansarifauwaz + 5 Awesome!
cool_hafizh + 1 Awesome!
Manwex + 5 Thanks!
abhirupshaw + 10 + 3 Fantastic!
ghanshyamshinde + 5 Awesome!
srav1 + 5 Great!
meredithhan + 10 Awesome!
shashankp1 + 10 + 3 Great!
Muz_paray + 3 Great!

Experience +151  Prestige +18  View Rating Log

Supreme Member

Redmi 1s Owner

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
1185 Hours
Send PM

Mi Bluetooth Canon SpeakerMi USB FanMi WiFi RouterMi T-ShirtMi In-Ear HeadphonesMi BandMagic CubeMi WiFi Router MiniMi Bluetooth HeadsetMi Yi CameraMijia Story TellerMi Selfie LightMi Power StripMijia PenXiaomi 6 LaunchMi Notebook AirMi VR HeadsetMi Kids WatchMi HomeMijia IHP Rice CookerUnlock MedalMi Band 2Mi Power BankMi LED LightMi Power Bank 10000MAH Xiaomi 7th AnniversaryFlashholicFantastic!Awesome!AnTuTuMIUI 6MIUI 7MIUI Devices ContestMIUI 2015MIUI 2016I Love MIUIMarshmallowMIUI 8Redmi Note 3Mi TVRedmi 1SRedmi Note 2Redmi Note 4Mi PadRedmi 3SMi 4iMi 4cRedmi 2Pokemon Master Medal5 Million Forum PostsXiaomi 6th Anniversary1300K Forum MembersFan Of MIUI GreeceUEFA EURO Medal900K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from IndiaMIUI Fan From SingaporeFan Of MIUI IndiaHappy Valentine's DayMIUI 100 Million UsersSuper SundayWomen's Day Medal800K Forum Members700K Forum MembersHappy New Year1 Million Forum MembersMerry ChristmasDiwali MIUI 5th AnniversaryThanksgiving DayXiaomi 5th AnniversaryHilal Ramadan Super ThursdayI Love 2016Surge S11 Million Forum App Installs3 Million Forum MembersMIUI Marathon MedalMIUI Happy MedalMIUI World TourRocket to Future300K Forum Members5 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI 6th AnniversaryMIUI 2017MIUI Device Mythbusters3 Million Forum App InstallsMIUI Lucky FridaySuper MondaySuper TuesdaySuper FridayMIUI Monthly TalkRooster Year of 201710 Million Forum PostsPuzzle MasterMIUI Weekly Poll1900K Forum MembersMi Live Medal1500K Forum MembersMIUI Fan from Malaysia1800K Forum MembersMIUI 300 Weeks1700K Forum Members1400K Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppSuper SaturdayMIUI 9Happy DiwaliMalaysia AnniversaryOlympics Medal3500K Forum MembersAlpaca Mi Bunny I Love Mi BunnyMiPopGamer Mi BunnySummer Mi BunnyMIUI Device TeamMIUI Beta Team9 Million Forum MembersXiaomi 8th Anniversary2017 Annual AwardsMost Popular Forum UserAndroid ElfMi TalentMIUI Medals CollectorMi Bunny Game Master Star WarsMIUI Weekly Devices QuizYouth Pledge5 Million Forum MembersMIUI FollowerSuper ModeratorWallpaper ExpertMi Story TellerMaster Of TechnologyApp TalentAndroid GuruTechnology GuruMi Lover MedalRedmi Note 5/ProMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMIUI Wallpaper ContestMr. DependableStar Of IconsStar Of TechnologyInbox ZeroMIUI Device ExpertDie-hard MIUI FanScroll Of WisdomForum Contest LoverMIUI G+ FollowerMIUI FB FollowerMIUI ExpertDebate MasterPioneer of MIUI English Forum Ringtone Star Humor MasterMIUI King

Author| 10:32, Nov-18-2015 | From PC
|
Thanks @A092_DEVS and @sepneela

Supreme Member

Redmi 1s Owner

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
1185 Hours
Send PM

Author| 18:13, Nov-18-2015 | From PC
|
hzero3 replied at 2015-11-18 14:38
VERY GOOD REVIEW

My experience with CM13 for redmi 1s, when the phone is put to charging immediatel ...

Are you sure you are on the right build?
There are 2 builds
20151109 and 20151110

The 09 one is quite buggy but the 10 build is far more stable.
I had flashed the 09 build and immediately reverted back to MIUI within an HOUR

the 10 build has stayed up for more than a day now.

This build certainly doesnt have the charging bug.

Also as you rightly said its just Alpha (not even beta) so yeah expect the unexpected (bugs included)

Supreme Member

Redmi 1s Owner

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
1185 Hours
Send PM

Author| 23:39, Nov-18-2015 | From PC
|
Nadeemis4u replied at 2015-11-18 15:52
Would Like To Appreciate Your Review Best in its Class

Thank you very much for your appreciation

Supreme Member

Redmi 1s Owner

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
1185 Hours
Send PM

Author| 21:01, Nov-19-2015 | From PC
|
k.neeraj replied at 2015-11-19 18:22
Is this the same rom by stirx?

yes, its the same rom

Supreme Member

Redmi 1s Owner

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
1185 Hours
Send PM

Author| 23:14, Nov-19-2015 | From PC
|
pujari replied at 2015-11-19 20:38
i want to install cm13

Sure go ahead but there are bugs that are still undiscovered..
I'd suggest you stick to MIUI till theres a stable release for CM13

Supreme Member

Redmi 1s Owner

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
1185 Hours
Send PM

Author| 01:08, Nov-20-2015 | From PC
|
nish20490 replied at 2015-11-19 22:32
As it force closes when click on mobile network, how to set access point for using mobile data.

Generally As soon as you insert the sim, a message is sent to the Network Provider requesting a APN setting which then gets automatically update for the sim.

Though if the automated system isnt updated with changes in server names it would create issues

Supreme Member

Redmi 1s Owner

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
1185 Hours
Send PM

Author| 03:52, Nov-22-2015 | From PC
|

agreed... i generally dont put it but was curious as to how much does the response change :P

Supreme Member

Redmi 1s Owner

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
1185 Hours
Send PM

Author| 13:36, Nov-22-2015 | From PC
|
arifbmc replied at 2015-11-22 11:04
anyone facing no data connected? i have twice flashed, but having same result..

Well at times it would take time for the data to connect or maynot connect as well..
a solution to this is reboot..

The data will be working on the Cm13 version 20151110 not on 20151109

Supreme Member

Redmi 1s Owner

Credits
Device
Redmi Note 3
Online time
1185 Hours
Send PM

Author| 13:46, Nov-24-2015 | From PC
|
arifbmc replied at 2015-11-24 10:54
music is stuterring when using gods kernel and phantom kernel with viper installed. will restore ori ...

Thanks for the information!
I did not flash any kernels and i dont use Viper as well :D therefore this was missing in my review

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list