303 5 |
02:16, Dec-19-2017 | From PC
|
|
Go to reply no.
This post was edited by blackroti at 14:16, Dec-19-2017

Camera: Xiaomi A1
Editor: Adobe Lightroom

This series of photographs were taken at Pulau Ketam (basically means "Crab Island" in English), a fishing village island off the shore from Port Klang, Selangor State in Malaysia.
I was there for a 2 days 1 night outing with my DSLR, but also not forgetting to capture some images with my new Xiaomi A1. The photographs from Xiaomi is definitely more relevant to be shared here, so these are some photographs which I have picked to be shared, edited using Adobe Lightroom on my computer.

IMG_20171125_095920_HDR.jpg
It took about half an hour ferry or boat ride from the main land to this island. The island is basically car-free, so you can see bikes everywhere, either own by the locals or ready to be rented. This is a symmetrical shot of some of the bikes at the jetty.

IMG_20171125_095945_HDR.jpg
It has been a raining season so there is no chance for a blue sky. Perhaps a lonely bicycle against a dramatic sky would make a decent shot?

IMG_20171125_100203.jpg
Testing out the portrait mode. Like the red on her versus the little bit of green colours.

IMG_20171125_100533_HDR.jpg
Walking towards the town from the jetty. The long pathway makes a good a radial composition.

IMG_20171125_105901_HDR.jpg 6.
IMG_20171125_125447_HDR.jpg
The busiest area of the town center where all the grocery stores and restaurants are. Attempting a panning but I think it's a little difficult to get one done right.

IMG_20171125_123043_HDR.jpg
Cooked prawn in the drying process. The owner told us to pick it up and taste it, and so did we. It's not bad.

IMG_20171125_184402_HDR.jpg
A red boat passing by the mangrove area. Eagles could be easily spotted at the sunset time.

IMG_20171125_190850.jpg
At night at the jetty again right after sunset. Personally, prefer the red against the blue sky, so I waited for a rider to appear with the colour changing lights changed to the colour that I wanted. Noise is very obvious for the shot as the Xiaomi A1 can't go more than 15s, so I had no choice but to bump up the ISO.

IMG_20171126_072740_HDR.jpg
The next morning, still super cloudy despite the rain in the night before. Shot was taken from the balcony of where I stayed.

IMG_20171126_100058.jpg
KetamBarber.jpg
People on the island are friendly towards photography. Interesting ear waxing service at the barbershop.

IMG_20171126_095350.jpg
Poor bird found in a cage, suspect to be having Pigeon Paramyxovirus illness - Twisted Neck Disease

Favorite Share

Rated by 3 people   Experience Reason  

Kanga2 + 5 Thanks!
mohdmujahid526 + 8 Awesome!
Bart.ek + 5 Fantastic!

Experience +18  View Rating Log

Pulau Ketam, Malaysia #ShotOnMiA1
http://en.miui.com/thread-1340656-1-1.html

Supreme Member

Credits
Device
Others
Online time
409 Hours
Send PM

Mi HeadphonesMi Notebook AirMijia Walkie TalkieMijia Smart PTZ CameraMi ScaleMi BoxMijia VR Play 2Yi Action CameraMijia Qi CycleMijia Story TellerMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi Band 2Unlock MedalMijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi  BunnyNinebot MiniMi TV 70Mi HomeMagic CubeMi Kids WatchMi Bluetooth HeadsetMi MIXMi VRXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestFantastic!I Love MIUIAwesome!FlashholicMarshmallow4 Million Forum MembersRedmi 4/Prime/4AMi TVRedmi 3SPuzzle MasterHappy Valentine's Day3500K Forum MembersSuper MondayMIUI Philippines Fan MeetupMIUI Happy Medal300K Forum MembersWomen's Day MedalMIUI Font Lover100k Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppSuper SundayRocket to FutureMIUI 2017Super FridaySuper TuesdayMIUI 990000 Forum MembersMIUI Lucky FridayRingolicious MedalHilal Ramadan Super SaturdayFan Of MIUI RussiaRooster Year of 2017Super WednesdayXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI 7th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI 50 Million UsersHappy Singles' DayCamera Filter Guru Medal500K Forum MembersMIUI Weekly PollDiwali Fan Of MIUI SpainMerry ChristmasMIUI PMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI SSurge S1Happy New Year2 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaHappy DiwaliFan Of MIUI Bangladesh5 Million Forum App InstallsFan Of MIUI Ukraine10 Million Forum PostsMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesFan Of MIUI IndiaSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI ReviewMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Quick DiscussionMIUI Weekly Devices QuizApp StarMIUI SuperstarSuprise8 Million Forum MembersMi Lover MedalMIUI KingQuick SurveyOreoBlack Shark5 Million Forum MembersNougatXiaomi 8th AnniversaryRedmi Quiz MasterMIUI FollowerRingtone ExpertYouth PledgeMIUI Halloween 2017Master Of TechnologyMIUI ExpertIndonesia Independence DayMi Story TellerMr. DependableMIUI G+ FollowerStar Wars7 Million Forum Members6 Million Forum MembersAndroid ElfMIUI Twitter Follower2017 Annual Awards25 Million StrongAndroid GuruUpdates LoverScroll Of WisdomTechnology GuruForum Contest LoverDebate MasterDie-hard MIUI FanOTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum Theme TalentMi Bunny Game Master India Independence DayMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi TalentMost Active MIUIerMIUI Medals CollectorStar Of Technology

04:26, Dec-19-2017 | From Redmi 3S
|
Fantastic photos! My favorite is 8 (red boat) and especially 11 (the man sitting on the doorstep) is amazing.
Thank you for sharing with us.

MIUI Photography Team

Credits
Device
Mi A1
Online time
39 Hours
Send PM

MIUI Lucky FridayHappy New YearMiPop2017 Annual AwardsMi Lover Medal

Author| 21:26, Dec-19-2017 | From PC
|
Bart.ek replied at 2017-12-19 04:26
Fantastic photos! My favorite is 8 (red boat) and especially 11 (the man sitting on the doorstep) is ...

Thanks!
I didn't shoot much portrait but the place is really great for portrait as the villagers are friendly.
I am still new to mobile phone dual lens portrait mode, and I think shot 11 was one of the situations which I should not have use it, the background was at the same depth as the subject, causing the camera to blur the wrong place unnecessarily. Lesson learned.
Pulau Ketam, Malaysia #ShotOnMiA1
http://en.miui.com/thread-1340656-1-1.html

Supreme Member

Credits
Device
Others
Online time
409 Hours
Send PM

Mi HeadphonesMi Notebook AirMijia Walkie TalkieMijia Smart PTZ CameraMi ScaleMi BoxMijia VR Play 2Yi Action CameraMijia Qi CycleMijia Story TellerMi Bluetooth SpeakerMi Band 2Unlock MedalMijia 360° Panoramic CameraMi  BunnyNinebot MiniMi TV 70Mi HomeMagic CubeMi Kids WatchMi Bluetooth HeadsetMi MIXMi VRXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI Devices ContestFantastic!I Love MIUIAwesome!FlashholicMarshmallow4 Million Forum MembersRedmi 4/Prime/4AMi TVRedmi 3SPuzzle MasterHappy Valentine's Day3500K Forum MembersSuper MondayMIUI Philippines Fan MeetupMIUI Happy Medal300K Forum MembersWomen's Day MedalMIUI Font Lover100k Forum MembersMIUI Forum AppSuper SundayRocket to FutureMIUI 2017Super FridaySuper TuesdayMIUI 990000 Forum MembersMIUI Lucky FridayRingolicious MedalHilal Ramadan Super SaturdayFan Of MIUI RussiaRooster Year of 2017Super WednesdayXiaomi 5th AnniversaryMIUI 7th AnniversaryFan Of MIUI GreeceMIUI 50 Million UsersHappy Singles' DayCamera Filter Guru Medal500K Forum MembersMIUI Weekly PollDiwali Fan Of MIUI SpainMerry ChristmasMIUI PMIUI 20 Million UsersMIUI SSurge S1Happy New Year2 Million Forum MembersMIUI Fan From IndonesiaHappy DiwaliFan Of MIUI Bangladesh5 Million Forum App InstallsFan Of MIUI Ukraine10 Million Forum PostsMIUI 100 Million UsersMIUI Fan From PhilippinesFan Of MIUI IndiaSummer Mi BunnyI Love Mi BunnyGamer Mi BunnyMiPopMIUI ReviewMIUI FB FollowerMIUI Quick DiscussionMIUI Weekly Devices QuizApp StarMIUI SuperstarSuprise8 Million Forum MembersMi Lover MedalMIUI KingQuick SurveyOreoBlack Shark5 Million Forum MembersNougatXiaomi 8th AnniversaryRedmi Quiz MasterMIUI FollowerRingtone ExpertYouth PledgeMIUI Halloween 2017Master Of TechnologyMIUI ExpertIndonesia Independence DayMi Story TellerMr. DependableMIUI G+ FollowerStar Wars7 Million Forum Members6 Million Forum MembersAndroid ElfMIUI Twitter Follower2017 Annual Awards25 Million StrongAndroid GuruUpdates LoverScroll Of WisdomTechnology GuruForum Contest LoverDebate MasterDie-hard MIUI FanOTA FeedbackPioneer of MIUI English Forum Theme TalentMi Bunny Game Master India Independence DayMIUI Android 4.4 KitKatMi TalentMost Active MIUIerMIUI Medals CollectorStar Of Technology

02:07, Dec-21-2017 | From Redmi 3S
|
blackroti replied at 2017-12-19 21:26
Thanks!
I didn't shoot much portrait but the place is really great for portrait as the villagers a ...

You are right, but despite these imperfections, the photo looks fantastic, has a nice mood.

MIUI Photography Team

Credits
Device
Mi 5
Online time
394 Hours
Send PM

Mijia Qi CycleMi HeadphonesMi HomeMagic CubeXiaomi 7th AnniversaryMIUI 8MIUI 2016MIUI Devices ContestI Love MIUI4 Million Forum Members3 Million Forum Members10 Million Forum PostsSurge S1Rocket to FutureSuper FridayMIUI Happy MedalPuzzle MasterFan Of MIUI ItalyI Love 2016Women's Day MedalMIUI Fan From Indonesia2 Million Forum Members3 Million Forum App InstallsHappy New YearMIUI World TourHappy Valentine's DayMIUI Forum AppRooster Year of 2017MIUI Lucky Friday5 Million Forum App InstallsSuper WednesdaySuper Tuesday300K Forum MembersMIUI 7th AnniversaryCamera Filter Guru MedalMIUI 9Fan Of MIUI Australia90000 Forum MembersFan Of MIUI BangladeshMIUI 2017Happy Holi MedalSuper SundaySuper MondayMIUI King2017 Annual AwardsMIUI Medals CollectorMi Story TellerRingtone ExpertXiaomi 8th AnniversaryQuick SurveyStar Of TechnologyMost Active MIUIerForum Contest LoverAndroid GuruUpdates LoverScroll Of WisdomMaster Of TechnologyMi Lover MedalAndroid ElfTechnology GuruMIUI FollowerDebate MasterDie-hard MIUI FanMIUI ExpertMIUI Superstar

09:40, May-17-2018 | From PC
|
Enjoyable thread, thank you for sharing with us.  I liked photo 10 and 12 the most.

Gold Member

Credits
Device
Online time
0 Hours
Send PM
13:03, May-17-2018 | From Redmi 4X
|
Enjoyable thread, thank you for sharing with us.  I liked photo 10 and 12 the most.

Credits Management

Quick Reply Top Return to the list